HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Letang training regimen

Old
08-30-2011, 12:35 PM
vikingGoalie

vCash: 500
Letang training regimen

didn't see a link to this here, if it's already been discussed feel free to delete this mods..

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

That's some serious workouts he's doing. I'm rather impressed anyway, the plyometric jumps over the hurdles really impress me I've done something (on a lesser scale of course) like that and it's darn hard. That and the one leg lunges with 120lbs in each hand

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 12:42 PM
MtlPenFan

I personally want to see a machine that helps his shot actually hit the net.

MtlPenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 12:43 PM
JTG

We've already been through this. It's because he has an extra kidney.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 01:05 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

That's impressive.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Kruncher11
a whole lotta grease

Heres the two, plus an extra.

"It's all about the grip" Anyone know who that was?

Last edited by Kruncher11: 08-30-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Kruncher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Buzzkiller

He's gonna be a beast next season...I wish he'd just hit the net with his shots so he could have a chance to win the Norris. When he starts scoring like Weber or Lidstrom he'll get at least nominated because in the other aspects of his game he's top-5 caliber D-man in the league. Can't wait for next season

Buzzkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Cardboard Orpik
Out 4-6 Weeks

Letang Beast Mode activate!

Cardboard Orpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 02:06 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
And here I thought we'd read about the magic of "lather...rinse..and repeat. Always repeat."

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingGoalie View Post
didn't see a link to this here, if it's already been discussed feel free to delete this mods..

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

That's some serious workouts he's doing. I'm rather impressed anyway, the plyometric jumps over the hurdles really impress me I've done something (on a lesser scale of course) like that and it's darn hard. That and the one leg lunges with 120lbs in each hand
I'm going to take this bit of information and conclude that Kris Letang aspires to be the next Jiri Slegr, because it's funny.

Dread Pirate Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Slegr...

Thanks for reviving that memory. It's impossible for me not to laugh when I think of that guy. He was just off the wall.

Letang has more talent in his left thumb than Slegr's entire being.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Dr Van Nostrand
Banned

I don't want Letang to herniate himself, so he might want to drop the 20 pounds on the chinups.

Dr Van Nostrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:35 AM

I'm like Tanger a lot... even though I pick at his play. Its always good to see a kid that doesn't just hope to be a star but goes out and does something about it.

The first and second halves of last year were like night and day for him and not just points wise. At the start of the year he was letting plays come to him, making the right play and then moving on. During the second half he was almost always out of position, forcing plays and getting caught.

Does he remind anyone else of Guy Lapointe? He even seems to have the same personality.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:36 AM
schmidtlesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmcd24 View Post
I don't want Letang to herniate himself, so he might want to drop the 20 pounds on the chinups.
dude was supposedly doing 280 lb one leg squats. pretty beast considering his weight

schmidtlesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:39 AM
JTG

The biggest difference from half 1 to half 2 is that half 1, his shot was so in control. He wasn't trying to blow the puck through the goalie. Smooth, controlled, accurate shots, and he was scoring. He was the old Kris Letang in the 2nd half. High and wide.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:54 AM
vikingGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
you made my coffee come out my nose

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 06:59 AM
peskypenguin4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
The biggest difference from half 1 to half 2 is that half 1, his shot was so in control. He wasn't trying to blow the puck through the goalie. Smooth, controlled, accurate shots, and he was scoring. He was the old Kris Letang in the 2nd half. High and wide.
I agree but I also think he had a lot less time and space in the second half due to the injuries of our stars. There was a point in the season where he was our most talented offensive player and the biggest threat to put up points. Should he have still done better? Yep but the circumstances were up against him at that point.

I'm hoping for a big season from Letang. 12-45-57 with hopefully a decent impact on the PP.

peskypenguin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Burgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post

Letang said two years ago that he always tries to shoot top corner, and that he knows he needs to simplify it. Last season it looked like he finally took that to heart then he had a relapse. Maybe it was the increased pressure to score, with both Sid and Geno out.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Milliardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post

Letang said two years ago that he always tries to shoot top corner, and that he knows he needs to simplify it. Last season it looked like he finally took that to heart then he had a relapse. Maybe it was the increased pressure to score, with both Sid and Geno out.
And this machine actually works, there's proof.

It's natural to aim for the top corner, but not when shooting blind one-timers from the blue line. I don't know many players besides all MacInnis who can rip one-timers from the blue line with as much power as possible and still shoot exactly where they want to shoot. Kris Letang obviously is not one of them, so please, just try hitting the net and good things will happen. Hitting the goalie in the chest is better than having the puck go around the boards and out of the zone.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
And this machine actually works, there's proof.

It's natural to aim for the top corner, but not when shooting blind one-timers from the blue line. I don't know many players besides all MacInnis who can rip one-timers from the blue line with as much power as possible and still shoot exactly where they want to shoot. Kris Letang obviously is not one of them, so please, just try hitting the net and good things will happen. Hitting the goalie in the chest is better than having the puck go around the boards and out of the zone.
Kid's today with their shooting pucks indoors at washing machines. Big Al had a 4x6 sheet of plywood set against the side of his dad's barn!

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Weekend At Kunie's

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I'm like Tanger a lot... even though I pick at his play. Its always good to see a kid that doesn't just hope to be a star but goes out and does something about it.

The first and second halves of last year were like night and day for him and not just points wise. At the start of the year he was letting plays come to him, making the right play and then moving on. During the second half he was almost always out of position, forcing plays and getting caught.

Does he remind anyone else of Guy Lapointe? He even seems to have the same personality.
Just a young guy trying to do too much under really difficult circumstances.

The Lapointe comparison seems pretty accurate. And to think, he was the third best defenseman on that Habs dynasty.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote