HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Letang training regimen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-30-2011, 12:35 PM
  #1
vikingGoalie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Letang training regimen

didn't see a link to this here, if it's already been discussed feel free to delete this mods..

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

That's some serious workouts he's doing. I'm rather impressed anyway, the plyometric jumps over the hurdles really impress me I've done something (on a lesser scale of course) like that and it's darn hard. That and the one leg lunges with 120lbs in each hand

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 12:42 PM
  #2
MtlPenFan
Registered User
 
MtlPenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 12,232
vCash: 500
I personally want to see a machine that helps his shot actually hit the net.

MtlPenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 12:43 PM
  #3
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,303
vCash: 500
We've already been through this. It's because he has an extra kidney.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 01:05 PM
  #4
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 'Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,537
vCash: 500
That's impressive.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 01:38 PM
  #5
Kruncher11
a whole lotta grease
 
Kruncher11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Heres the two, plus an extra.





"It's all about the grip" Anyone know who that was?


Last edited by Kruncher11: 08-30-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Kruncher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 01:59 PM
  #6
Buzzkiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 158
vCash: 500
He's gonna be a beast next season...I wish he'd just hit the net with his shots so he could have a chance to win the Norris. When he starts scoring like Weber or Lidstrom he'll get at least nominated because in the other aspects of his game he's top-5 caliber D-man in the league. Can't wait for next season

Buzzkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 02:05 PM
  #7
Cardboard Orpik
Out 4-6 Weeks
 
Cardboard Orpik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,377
vCash: 500
Letang Beast Mode activate!

Cardboard Orpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 02:06 PM
  #8
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,973
vCash: 50
And here I thought we'd read about the magic of "lather...rinse..and repeat. Always repeat."

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 02:10 PM
  #9
Dread Pirate Roberts
Registered User
 
Dread Pirate Roberts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mountain West
Country: United States
Posts: 5,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingGoalie View Post
didn't see a link to this here, if it's already been discussed feel free to delete this mods..

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

That's some serious workouts he's doing. I'm rather impressed anyway, the plyometric jumps over the hurdles really impress me I've done something (on a lesser scale of course) like that and it's darn hard. That and the one leg lunges with 120lbs in each hand
I'm going to take this bit of information and conclude that Kris Letang aspires to be the next Jiri Slegr, because it's funny.

Dread Pirate Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 06:56 PM
  #10
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Matter
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,866
vCash: 500
Slegr...

Thanks for reviving that memory. It's impossible for me not to laugh when I think of that guy. He was just off the wall.

Letang has more talent in his left thumb than Slegr's entire being.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:12 AM
  #11
Dr Van Nostrand
Banned
 
Dr Van Nostrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
I don't want Letang to herniate himself, so he might want to drop the 20 pounds on the chinups.

Dr Van Nostrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:35 AM
  #12
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
I'm like Tanger a lot... even though I pick at his play. Its always good to see a kid that doesn't just hope to be a star but goes out and does something about it.

The first and second halves of last year were like night and day for him and not just points wise. At the start of the year he was letting plays come to him, making the right play and then moving on. During the second half he was almost always out of position, forcing plays and getting caught.

Does he remind anyone else of Guy Lapointe? He even seems to have the same personality.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:36 AM
  #13
schmidtlesauce
Registered User
 
schmidtlesauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmcd24 View Post
I don't want Letang to herniate himself, so he might want to drop the 20 pounds on the chinups.
dude was supposedly doing 280 lb one leg squats. pretty beast considering his weight

schmidtlesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:39 AM
  #14
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,303
vCash: 500
The biggest difference from half 1 to half 2 is that half 1, his shot was so in control. He wasn't trying to blow the puck through the goalie. Smooth, controlled, accurate shots, and he was scoring. He was the old Kris Letang in the 2nd half. High and wide.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:54 AM
  #15
vikingGoalie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I personally want to see a machine that helps his shot actually hit the net.
you made my coffee come out my nose

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 06:59 AM
  #16
peskypenguin4
Registered User
 
peskypenguin4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
The biggest difference from half 1 to half 2 is that half 1, his shot was so in control. He wasn't trying to blow the puck through the goalie. Smooth, controlled, accurate shots, and he was scoring. He was the old Kris Letang in the 2nd half. High and wide.
I agree but I also think he had a lot less time and space in the second half due to the injuries of our stars. There was a point in the season where he was our most talented offensive player and the biggest threat to put up points. Should he have still done better? Yep but the circumstances were up against him at that point.

I'm hoping for a big season from Letang. 12-45-57 with hopefully a decent impact on the PP.

peskypenguin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:07 AM
  #17
Burgs
Registered User
 
Burgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I personally want to see a machine that helps his shot actually hit the net.


Letang said two years ago that he always tries to shoot top corner, and that he knows he needs to simplify it. Last season it looked like he finally took that to heart then he had a relapse. Maybe it was the increased pressure to score, with both Sid and Geno out.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:14 AM
  #18
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post


Letang said two years ago that he always tries to shoot top corner, and that he knows he needs to simplify it. Last season it looked like he finally took that to heart then he had a relapse. Maybe it was the increased pressure to score, with both Sid and Geno out.
And this machine actually works, there's proof.

It's natural to aim for the top corner, but not when shooting blind one-timers from the blue line. I don't know many players besides all MacInnis who can rip one-timers from the blue line with as much power as possible and still shoot exactly where they want to shoot. Kris Letang obviously is not one of them, so please, just try hitting the net and good things will happen. Hitting the goalie in the chest is better than having the puck go around the boards and out of the zone.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:41 AM
  #19
Sideline
Registered User
 
Sideline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
And this machine actually works, there's proof.

It's natural to aim for the top corner, but not when shooting blind one-timers from the blue line. I don't know many players besides all MacInnis who can rip one-timers from the blue line with as much power as possible and still shoot exactly where they want to shoot. Kris Letang obviously is not one of them, so please, just try hitting the net and good things will happen. Hitting the goalie in the chest is better than having the puck go around the boards and out of the zone.
Kid's today with their shooting pucks indoors at washing machines. Big Al had a 4x6 sheet of plywood set against the side of his dad's barn!

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:43 AM
  #20
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Weekend At Kunie's
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 46,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I'm like Tanger a lot... even though I pick at his play. Its always good to see a kid that doesn't just hope to be a star but goes out and does something about it.

The first and second halves of last year were like night and day for him and not just points wise. At the start of the year he was letting plays come to him, making the right play and then moving on. During the second half he was almost always out of position, forcing plays and getting caught.

Does he remind anyone else of Guy Lapointe? He even seems to have the same personality.
Just a young guy trying to do too much under really difficult circumstances.

The Lapointe comparison seems pretty accurate. And to think, he was the third best defenseman on that Habs dynasty.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.