HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

DAL-PHI (Blockbuster)

Old
06-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Static

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I wouldn't trade Carter alone for that package. Truly atrocious.
What?

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I don't think you're going to find a lot of people who agree with you.
Just because you're favorite team is Philly and you clearly overrate Carter, doesn't mean everyone else does. Saying Carter is a better defender is a joke.

Brand New Stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
they get cap relief to sign bryz.
Fair enough. Why would they trade Carter for cap space when they have other pieces they could trade away for the same amount of cap space?

If I'm Philly, I try trading Carle and Versteeg before I even consider moving Carter.

So you see, there's still no reason to trade Carter.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Fulton44*

Just for the sake of argument. (and I really have no clue why I am going to even waste my time here)

People can argue Carter versus Eriksson all they want. The fact of the matter is, they are same age, have produced similarly, and thus give or take a little bit are a wash value wise.

The difference between a 4th and 5th round pick is basically meaningless. So these two pieces wash out.

That leaves the deal as Coburn AND Versteeg for a first round pick, 14th overall.

Braydon Coburn alone is worth more than that, AND Dallas gets a winger in his mid 20's who has had 20+ goals and 40+ points in each of his three NHL seasons for NOTHING.

Like I said, just horrible.

Fulton44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:19 PM
jangster

Philly is getting ripped off, and the Stars don't need to trade loui.

jangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Fulton44*

Quote:
as i said b4 philly fans, there are other hockey teams. maybe watch a game or 2 before posting.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:24 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulton44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I wouldn't trade Carter alone for that package. Truly atrocious.
well when you see post like this it makes you wonder....
yes the trade is skewed torwards Dallas but it is not as far off as you say it is

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:27 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

To me Carter = Eriksson

they're both excellent two-way players. Flyers fans tend to overrate Carter (should be expected with the amount of crap he gets in a ridiculous amount of baseless proposals) but a ton of users here seem to undermine how good defensively he is, on top of scoring an average of 39 goals the last 3 seasons. Of course Eriksson is still a Selke-caliber forward.

What I don't like about the deal is Coburn and Versteeg for a 1st, no thanks.

I'd rather keep Carter on the Flyers anyway since they have Richards and Giroux

Although a shutdown line featuring Richards and Eriksson? :drool:

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Fulton44*

Quote:
well when you see post like this it makes you wonder....
yes the trade is skewed torwards Dallas but it is not as far off as you say it is
Skewed?

Dude, the deal ultimately comes down to Braydon Coburn and Kris Versteeg for a mid first round pick in an ok draft. That is no lube for Holmgren for days on end.

Let's keep it real.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:39 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Skewed?

Dude, the deal ultimately comes down to Braydon Coburn and Kris Versteeg for a mid first round pick in an ok draft. That is no lube for Holmgren for days on end.

Let's keep it real.
well to me that comes down to BCoburn for a first, as i see losing versteeg as cap relief. Unless you like paying 3 million for someone that plays on the third line.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
well to me that comes down to BCoburn for a first, as i see losing versteeg as cap relief. Unless you like paying 3 million for someone that plays on the third line.
Wed trade Carle loonnnnggg before we trade Coburn.

Versteeg isnt waiver wire fodder, just in case you didn't know.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:42 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
Wouldn't do it. Stars lose the best player in the deal and take on gobs more salary.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Fulton44*

Quote:
A. Braydon Coburn himself is without question worth more than that pick

B. Needing to shed salary or not, the fact that you think Kris Versteeg (a 24 year old who has had 20+ goals and 40+ points every season he has been in the league) has literally ZERO trade value and should be literally given away FOR NOTHING tells me all I need to know about you.

Like I said let's keep it real, you obviously can't, don't waste my time homie.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:51 PM
NeedMoreJam
Bachelors of Tanking

The original proposal is bad, but only because of the extra stuff philly adds on in addition to carter. I would take eriksson over carter.

The guy is just criminally underrated, but that is obvious and been mentioned many times. Come to think of it, he's so underrated he doesn't even get his fair share of rediculous trade proposals. You lucky dallas fans. His cap hit is also a very friendly 4.26 mil for another 5 years.

NeedMoreJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
That is probably the worst trade proposal I have seen in the few weeks that I have been here. Simply horrible.

The fact that it was proposed is bad enough, but then a Dallas fan comes in and says they wouldn't do it??
Eriksson and Carter is a wash. Basically the same value.

Dallas wouldn't do this proposal because they DON'T have a freaking owner, yet. This team is operated by the Lenders, and even if they had a new owner do you think he would immediately invest millions on a newly signed 11 year contract? If you add Versteeg and Coburn, that's another 6+ mil. That's a ton of salary to take in for a team with an internal budget. It's not that Dallas won't do this trade, but they can't (financially).

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:15 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
A. Braydon Coburn himself is without question worth more than that pick

B. Needing to shed salary or not, the fact that you think Kris Versteeg (a 24 year old who has had 20+ goals and 40+ points every season he has been in the league) has literally ZERO trade value and should be literally given away FOR NOTHING tells me all I need to know about you.

Like I said let's keep it real, you obviously can't, don't waste my time homie.
he got traded for a first and a third in a sellers market. of course he's not worth nothing. like i said b4 trading him means cap relief for Bryz. like i said before this trade is not one fo the worst trade proposals out there. how about u keep it real HOMIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreJam View Post
The original proposal is bad, but only because of the extra stuff philly adds on in addition to carter. I would take eriksson over carter.

The guy is just criminally underrated, but that is obvious and been mentioned many times. Come to think of it, he's so underrated he doesn't even get his fair share of rediculous trade proposals. You lucky dallas fans. His cap hit is also a very friendly 4.26 mil for another 5 years.
this really is a shame maybe i''ll start one. Louis Ericksson + 1st and 3rd for Jeff Carter

Old
06-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand New Stars View Post
Just because you're favorite team is Philly and you clearly overrate Carter, doesn't mean everyone else does. Saying Carter is a better defender is a joke.
Just because your favorite team is Dallas and you clearly over rate Eriksson doesn't mean everyone else does. See, I can do it too. Keep in mind that the first thing I said from the outset of this thread that I had only seen about 5 games or so of Eriksson in the last year and a half (I had seen more of him before that, but he was just entering the league). He still looked a little light in his skates to me.

I do think Carter is a better defender. I didn't say Eriksson was bad (clearly he's very good), I just think Carter's better. If you're interested in a discussion (not a pissing contest) as to why, we can have that chat. But as of right now it appears that you really don't have a good grasp for just what Carter does.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:09 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Would not do from a Stars POV.

Quote:
The fact that it was proposed is bad enough, but then a Dallas fan comes in and says they wouldn't do it??
Drop this proposal on the Stars board and you'll have a 95% consensus that the Stars should not make that trade.

Last edited by glovesave_35: 06-18-2011 at 12:15 AM.
glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Just because your favorite team is Dallas and you clearly over rate Eriksson doesn't mean everyone else does. See, I can do it too. Keep in mind that the first thing I said from the outset of this thread that I had only seen about 5 games or so of Eriksson in the last year and a half (I had seen more of him before that, but he was just entering the league). He still looked a little light in his skates to me.

I do think Carter is a better defender. I didn't say Eriksson was bad (clearly he's very good), I just think Carter's better. If you're interested in a discussion (not a pissing contest) as to why, we can have that chat. But as of right now it appears that you really don't have a good grasp for just what Carter does.
Lol. It's not worth it but I'll say it anyways. If you're so interested in a "discussion" you wouldn't have copied what I said like an infant. Don't make a claim about a player if you've seen him play 5 times. There's a reason he's an all-star. Just because you weren't impressed doesn't mean that's the truth.

Old
06-18-2011, 12:18 AM
batmansuncle

vCash: 50
Rather keep Loui, but Coburn would be nice. Neither team makes this trade. Dallas need's to keep Loui and keep the first round pick. Philly can move other players and keep Carter

batmansuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Lol. It's not worth it but I'll say it anyways. If you're so interested in a "discussion" you wouldn't have copied what I said like an infant.
To be honest, no I'm wasn't that interested in a discussion with you, but if you're going to be this sensitive don't make pissy comments like the one I paraphrased.

Quote:
Don't make a claim about a player if you've seen him play 5 times. There's a reason he's an all-star. Just because you weren't impressed doesn't mean that's the truth.
First of all I never said I wasn't impressed. I said I thought Jeff Carter was better. They're different things.

5 games is a not an insignificant amount of time. If a player can't show you something in five games, he probably doesn't really have it to show. I mentioned that I'd seen about 5 games because I'm just being real here. I'm not pretending to be a Loui Eriksson expert. There's a chance I saw the wrong five games, but I doubt it. While we're on about it, how many games have you sat down and really watched Jeff Carter this year? Is it more than 5....really?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:29 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
I don't care how good a player is, contracts that run out in the summer of 2022 scare me. There are just too many unknowns. That factor alone make Eriksson = Carter erroneous. One player is signed to a sweetheart deal past the age of 30, the other runs out when the player is what, 37?

I'm not going to discuss why or if Eriksson is a better player than Carter. It's not worth it and frankly I don't watch Carter enough. Eriksson is a homegrown talent who is the most consistent player on the team and he took a hometown discount. It's just a no-go. There's no reason to move the player. Obviously, things can change but Loui has the look and temperament of a Stars lifer.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Brand New Stars

I'd say I watched about 10-12 Philly games considering they were in the playoffs (obviously wouldn't have been as much without the playoffs).

Old
06-18-2011, 12:48 AM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

Seems like a decent deal to me, but I don't understand the people saying carter>eriksson. I'd want eriksson on the leafs more than carter, and we need centers. Somebody needs to bump the eriksson is the most underrated player thread...

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:55 AM
mercury

Quote:
this must be a joke or maybe you should watch hockey outside of Philly games.
I live in L.A. and see plenty of Pacific Division games, thanks. Eriksson's cap hit is only $1 million lower than Carter's, so there is almost no help with signing Bryzgalov. The 14th overall doesn't get the Flyers any closer to winning the Cup in the next two years, either. To add Versteeg and Coburn is just ridiculous. Eriksson would be a great Flyer, I am sure, but the deal is lateral outside of the pick. I wouldn't do it.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote