HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

DAL-PHI (Blockbuster)

Old
06-18-2011, 01:52 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaallMunson18 View Post
Eriksson is better than Carter overall. Debate all you want. I'll take more points and a better 2 way player over only more goals.
I like Eriksson and all but Carter is the better player. Keep Eriksson, we'll keep Carter.

'nuff said.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:56 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog4ndy View Post
Then you sir have no idea what you are talking about. In the next few years we will see Eriksson be mentioned with the likes of Datsyuk, Kesler, Bergeron, Toews.
Why not now?

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Why not now?
Because he plays in an unknown division. Look at the teams they play against. Zero exposure. The only people who do know are those that make an effort to watch other divisions and the other conference which eventually gets revealed. Look at Datsyuk. His backchecking skills didn't get the recogniton he deserved until later his career and he is far and away the best two way forward in the game. Eriksson and Bergeron get overlooked in that category. Bergeron mainly because he played third line the previous two years.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:01 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Jeff Carter has gotten more points and goals than Eriksson in the last three years.
No he hasn't...

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:03 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Eriksson is better than Carter overall. Debate all you want. I'll take more points and a better 2 way player over only more goals.

Oh, and has Eriksson ever topped 80 points??? Nope, Carter has

Has Eriksson ever topped 40 points??? Nope, Carter has.

Add in that Carter has been an allstar AND finished in the top 10 for the Selke.

Add in that Jeff Carter is locked up for basically the rest of his career for under market value (and he'll just keep being a better and better value as time goes on and the cap and salaries increase) and Carters contract >>>> Eriksson's contract.

Add in that they ARE THE SAME AGE (both born in 1985 and Eriksson is NOT "younger" as another seemed to indicate, and yes I know all about league age and how it works so big diff, they are essentially the SAME age so get over it).

Add in that Eriksson does NOT have a bigger upside than Carter simply because he's younger (as another indicated implying that Eriksson is younger and yet to reach his full potential while Carter is older and already peaked, as implied).

Add all this together and I'll take Carter over Eriksson every day of the week, one v one.

Old
06-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Phil Connors*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Jeff Carter has gotten more points and goals than Eriksson in the last three years. Also, how exactly have you determined that Eriksson has a better 2-way game?
Last 3 years:
Carter: 211 pts
Eriksson: 207pts

Last 2 years:
Carter: 127 pts
Eriksson: 144 pts

As for 2 way I'm going to go based on what I've seen. Obviously I've seen more Stars games and you've seen more Philly games. We'll just keep our opinions. I have heard Loui's name in Selke talk, never have I heard Carter's name. As someone else said, we'll be glad to keep Eriksson, and you guys keep Carter.

Just out of curiosity, who do you(Philly fans) think is better, Carter or Giroux?(Not relating to above topic)

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:08 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
No he hasn't...
Jeff Carter:

09 - 84
10 - 61
11 - 63
total - 211 pts

Eriksson:

09 - 63
10 - 71
11 - 73
total - 207 pts

Seems as though you are wrong

Old
06-18-2011, 02:12 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Add in that Carter has been an allstar AND finished in the top 10 for the Selke.
So has Eriksson... and he'll easily finish in the top 10 in Selke voting year in and year out once people figure out what's going on out here.
Quote:
Add in that Jeff Carter is locked up for basically the rest of his career for under market value (and he'll just keep being a better and better value as time goes on and the cap and salaries increase) and Carters contract >>>> Eriksson's contract.
What a joke. Hey, tell me more about the details of the next CBA. Flexibility is an asset in and of itself. There are all kinds of uncertainties out there. You may not be concerned, but other teams thinking about acquiring his decade-spanning contract would be.
Quote:
Add in that they ARE THE SAME AGE (both born in 1985 and Eriksson is NOT "younger" as another seemed to indicate, and yes I know all about league age and how it works so big diff, they are essentially the SAME age so get over it).
Eriksson is 6 months younger and has played 90 less NHL games.

Notice how Flyer fans are the only ones arguing that Carter is better.

Old
06-18-2011, 02:12 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Quote:
Jeff Carter:

09 - 84
10 - 61
11 - 63
total - 211 pts

Eriksson:

09 - 63
10 - 71
11 - 73
total - 207 pts

Seems as though you can't read what was written. It said "in" the last 3 years, not "over".

Old
06-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
So has Eriksson... and he'll easily finish in the top 10 in Selke voting year in and year out once people figure out what's going on out here.
What a joke. Hey, tell me more about the details of the next CBA. Flexibility is an asset in and of itself. There are all kinds of uncertainties out there. You may not be concerned, but other teams thinking about acquiring his contract would be.
Eriksson is 6 months younger and has played 90 less NHL games.

Notice how Flyer fans are the only ones arguing that Carter is better.
MMM yep. Eriksson's value is higher and I'd rather him.

No slight against Carter. Very talented and any team would be lucky to have him. The contract is a bit long but if he's putting up 30 goals year then it would be worth it. Philly should keep him for sure. Unless there's some underlying issues I don't know about.

Old
06-18-2011, 02:23 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Seems as though you can't read what was written. It said "in" the last 3 years, not "over".

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:

Take a little look at the post directly above yours. If you want to continue to skew the stats you're way go right ahead. Just know it doesn't make you right.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulton44 View Post
This coming from the person who obviously thinks that a first round pick is fair value for Braydon Coburn AND Kris Versteeg.
You know what they say about assumptions...

Old
06-18-2011, 02:33 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Last 3 years:
Carter: 211 pts
Eriksson: 207pts

Last 2 years:
Carter: 127 pts
Eriksson: 144 pts

As for 2 way I'm going to go based on what I've seen. Obviously I've seen more Stars games and you've seen more Philly games. We'll just keep our opinions. I have heard Loui's name in Selke talk, never have I heard Carter's name. As someone else said, we'll be glad to keep Eriksson, and you guys keep Carter.

Just out of curiosity, who do you(Philly fans) think is better, Carter or Giroux?(Not relating to above topic)
I think Giroux is more talented (I think he's the most offensively gifted player on the team.)

I don't really even like Carter that much but I have to defend him in this, considering the goal totals he puts up and his ability to play defense. Just looking at Selke numbers so far, Carter's placed in the Top 20 in voting. This year may be Eriksson's year to go above him, but the record shows that Carter is no slouch.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

They are pretty even players in different positions people. There doesn't always have to be a winner

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:39 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulton44 View Post
Great, and you would have a 95% consensus that is 100% wrong.
No. I'm right. YOU are wrong.

See how fruitful that is.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:17 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:59 PM
mercury

Quote:
I'm just saying, it's a lateral move. Eriksson is a 30 goal scorer with still more upside.

I don't see Carter breaking forty five goals ever again. I say you put Eriksson in that division and he's a forty goal scorer.

And you aren't married to an 11 year contract. Eriksson's younger too.

Eriksson's value is higher right now
Six months younger. There's no difference there, and your "upside" argument is silly.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Six months younger. There's no difference there, and your "upside" argument is silly.
How so? Eriksson's point totals have been steadily increasing while Carter's have gone down

Old
06-18-2011, 05:21 PM
mercury

Quote:
How so? Eriksson's point totals have been steadily increasing while Carter's have gone down
Eriksson's goalscoring totals have gone down the past two seasons, as well. What if he never reaches 30 goals again? Same arguments for a player the same age. It's ridiculous. I'd rather take the 6'3" center who scores 35-40 goals consistently and is locked up forever. Eriksson is a great player himself, just no need to shake things up, especially with such little cap savings. No thanks.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Eriksson's goalscoring totals have gone down the past two seasons, as well. What if he never reaches 30 goals again? Same arguments for a player the same age. It's ridiculous. I'd rather take the 6'3" center who scores 35-40 goals consistently and is locked up forever. Eriksson is a great player himself, just no need to shake things up, especially with such little cap savings. No thanks.
And I understand that. I recommended Philly sticking with Carter for sure. With Richards and he, no need to rock the boat. I understand for cap concerns which is why I don't think this is a good idea to begin with. And forty goal potential from a second line center is damn good.

Age thing is a was really. Six months I guess is irrelevant so I'll eat crow with that one.

And the concern with Eriksson is reasonable. Playing with Richards inflated those totals a bit. But talented players play well together usually. And in a season where Richards was cut short by almost 30 games Eriksson put up 36 so I think he's going to be consistent regardless. Like Kessel. Kessel will put up 30 or around 30 with a potential of forty(given the situation) for another 6 or 7 years I think.

And with Eriksson's defensive abilities it really could be a wash. I guess I just value that a bit more than goals. Sorry, I was born a B's fan

Old
06-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Phil Connors*

Quote:
Oh, and has Eriksson ever topped 80 points??? Nope, Carter has

Has Eriksson ever topped 40 points??? Nope, Carter has.
Yea only time will tell if he'll ever hit 80 points again(not saying he wont, but he'll NEVER be a consistent 80 point scorer). Enjoy that 3 years ago, looks like he's living in the present and 20 points less.

Has Eriksson ever topped 40 points? Am I reading this wrong, or do I really need to tell you off?

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 07:08 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Has Eriksson ever topped 40 points? Am I reading this wrong, or do I really need to tell you off?
I'm assuming he meant 40 goals, because Carter has scored 40 goals before.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 07:31 PM
lancer247

Carter also puts his number up playing 2nd unit PP because of the Flyers scoring depth.

Up until this season he didn't play with a playmaker. This year he played out of position and still was top 10 in goals.

Both are really good players but I believe just like home run hitters goal scorers are more valuable.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Carter also puts his number up playing 2nd unit PP because of the Flyers scoring depth.

Up until this season he didn't play with a playmaker. This year he played out of position and still was top 10 in goals.

Both are really good players but I believe just like home run hitters goal scorers are more valuable.
Pretty sure Eriksson doesn't get a ton of PP time.

And the only reason Carter doesn't play with a playmaker is because that is more of a center position rather than winger. So kinda his fault he plays center rather than wing.