HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Leaf Board Prospect Rankings To Make Return After Draft!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2011, 12:27 PM
  #1
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,610
vCash: 816
HF Leaf Board Prospect Rankings To Make Return After Draft!

Hello All,

I will be doing the prospect rankings again like I did last year after the draft. I will be holding a poll every day and we will rank our top 30 prospects in the system as a group. We will find out how the posters on HF boards rank the prospects in our system.

The players will for sure include:
Nazem Kadri
Joe Colborne
Jake Gardiner
Jussi Rynnas
Luca Caputi
Jesse Blacker
Greg McKegg
Brad Ross
Kenny Ryan
Sondre Olden
Matt Frattin
Sam Carrick
Jamie Devane
Ben Scrivens
Jerry D'Amigo
Marcel Mueller
Juraj Mikus
Korbinion Holzer
Simon Gysbers
Christian Hanson
Josh Nicholls
Andrew Crescenzi
Tyler Brenner
Daniel Brodin
Petter Granberg
Greg Scott
Richard Greenop
Braydon Irwin
Eric Knodel
Andrew MacWilliam
Dale Mitchell
Grant Rollheiser
Mark Owuya
Robert Slaney
Leo Komarov
As well as the prospects picked this upcoming draft
(this means there could be close to 50 prospects to choose from, making for some competitive polls)

Here is a couple examples of what it looked like last year (the 2nd one has the final rankings):
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=805198
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=813769

Now I have a couple questions for the people of HF.

Question #1: Should James Reimer, Keith Aulie, Fabian Brunnstrom or Matt Lashoff be included as well?

Question #2: Am I missing any prospects who are Leafs prospects at the moment? Are any of the prospects I named above not Leaf property anymore that I mistakingly put on the list.


I hope to see all of you voting in the rankings beginning next week/weekend.

*List of prospects is subject to change.


Last edited by Schenn: 06-12-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:29 PM
  #2
Z0S0
Gomie is my Homie
 
Z0S0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Campbellford
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Z0S0
Remove Barron Smith.

Z0S0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:36 PM
  #3
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 65,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0S0 View Post
Remove Barron Smith.
& Leo Komarov & Ben Winnet

Leafs need to sign Komarov this summer but the chose to sign with the KHL and will be a UFA after that point.

Winnet completed his 4 years of NCAA and was cut loose by the Leafs and not offered a contract.

__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Signature: “If you think there’s no pain coming, there’s pain coming,”.. Mike Babcock
---------------------------------------------------
Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:48 PM
  #4
Vinner
Registered User
 
Vinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
& Leo Komarov & Ben Winnet

Leafs need to sign Komarov this summer but the chose to sign with the KHL and will be a UFA after that point.

Winnet completed his 4 years of NCAA and was cut loose by the Leafs and not offered a contract.
Does Komarov become a free agent on July 1st or is it later in the summer?

Vinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:32 PM
  #5
Tommy Torini
Hell of a thing baby
 
Tommy Torini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,528
vCash: 500
For question 1 include Reimer and Aulie.

Tommy Torini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:45 PM
  #6
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 65,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinner View Post
Does Komarov become a free agent on July 1st or is it later in the summer?
He is 1 year away from free agent status.. He becomes a UFA on July 1st, 2012.

However he declined to sign with the Leafs and opted for the KHL this upcoming season.. Which then makes him a UFA next summer officially.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:55 PM
  #7
Leafsfan64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
My Top 30 (Before the Draft)

1) Nazem Kadri
2) James Reimer
3) Joe Colborne
4) Keith Aulie
5) Jake Gardiner
6) Matt Frattin
7) Greg McKegg
8) Jesse Blacker
9) Jussi Rynnas
10) Marcel Mueller
11) Luca Caputi
12) Jerry D'Amigo
13) Brad Ross
14) Korbinian Holzer
15) Sondre Olden
16) Josh Nicholls
17) Ben Scrivens
18) Tyler Brenner
19) Simon Gysbers
20) Kenny Ryan
21) Andrew MacWilliam
22) Mark Owuya
23) Petter Granberg
24) Daniel Brodin
25) Juraj Mikus
26) Andrew Crescenzi
27) Jamie Devane
28) Sam Carrick
29) Christian Hanson
30) Eric Knodel

Leafsfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 02:20 PM
  #8
Vinner
Registered User
 
Vinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
He is 1 year away from free agent status.. He becomes a UFA on July 1st, 2012.

However he declined to sign with the Leafs and opted for the KHL this upcoming season.. Which then makes him a UFA next summer officially.
Thanks

Vinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 02:48 PM
  #9
Rinzler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
Do Kadri, Reimer and Aulie even count anymore? None of them have rookie status and are more than likely full time NHLers now.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 03:58 PM
  #10
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apb03 View Post
Do Kadri, Reimer and Aulie even count anymore? None of them have rookie status and are more than likely full time NHLers now.
None can be considered a rookie at this point, but what constitutes a "prospect"?

According to Hockey Future's:
Quote:
A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.
An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to
the criteria above.
European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

Section one is the meat of the criteria as it will govern the majority of players that vie for a NHL roster spot. Sections two and three are simply an acknowledgement that some prospects arrive on the scene a bit later than their peers, thus needing some time past their 24th birthday to develop into an NHL-caliber player.

The graduated list on team pages will consist of players who are considered graduated to the NHL. A skater prospect may sit on the graduated list until he has played 130 games in the NHL. A goalie prospect may sit on the graduated list until he has played 90 games in the NHL.

NOTE: These are general guidelines and should be followed the majority of the time but certain players may still be listed as prospects if circumstances warrant.
Kadri, Aulie, and Reimer are still a prospect by those standards.


Last edited by NikolaiTesla*: 06-19-2011 at 04:04 PM.
NikolaiTesla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 04:05 PM
  #11
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread
 
JacobimMugatu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: f=253
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
From HF.com
Quote:
A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to
the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

JacobimMugatu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 06:18 PM
  #12
cyris
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,445
vCash: 500
Reimer and Aulie are both still prospects according to HF.

Fabian Brunnstrom and Matt Lashoff are both too old and have played too many games. Also I doubt Brunnstrom is even going to be given a qualifying offer.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 06:40 PM
  #13
King William
MARNER & NYLANDER
 
King William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,661
vCash: 500
My top 30 Toronto prospects...

1) Nazem Kadri

2) James Reimer
3) Joe Colborne
4) Jake Gardiner
5) Matt Frattin
6) Keith Aulie
7) ___________ (25th overall pick)
8) Jesse Blacker
9) ___________ (30th overall pick)
10) Jerry D'Amigo
11) Greg McKegg
12) Ben Scrivens
13) Brad Ross
14) Jussi Rynnas
15) ___________ (39th overall pick)
16) Marcel Mueller
17) Luca Caputi
18) Korbinian Holzer
19) Sondre Olden
20) Mark Owuya
21) Juraj Mikus
22) Josh Nicholls
23) Daniel Brodin
24) Kenny Ryan
25) Simon Gysbers
26) Jamie Devane
27) Petter Granberg
28) Sam Carrick
29) Andrew MacWilliam
30) Christian Hanson

King William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 06:41 PM
  #14
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,610
vCash: 816
Smith, Komarov, and Winnet removed.

Thanks Guys

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 06:45 PM
  #15
King William
MARNER & NYLANDER
 
King William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Smith, Komarov, and Winnet removed.

Thanks Guys
Komarov can still be signed after his KHL season is done.

I don't see why you would remove him now.

King William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 06:47 PM
  #16
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,610
vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
Komarov can still be signed after his KHL season is done.

I don't see why you would remove him now.
The way I understood it, his contract with the KHL is up after 1 year, on July 1st 2012. On that same day, the Leafs lose his rights, and he has UFA status. So they can't sign him until July 1st anyways, just like any other NHL team.

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 06:51 PM
  #17
King William
MARNER & NYLANDER
 
King William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
The way I understood it, his contract with the KHL is up after 1 year, on July 1st 2012. On that same day, the Leafs lose his rights, and he has UFA status. So they can't sign him until July 1st anyways, just like any other NHL team.
We signed Kulemin at the end of his KHL season while he was under contract.

He's still our property until July 1st, 2012.

Whether or not he makes the top 30, he still belongs on our prospect list.

King William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 07:01 PM
  #18
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,610
vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
We signed Kulemin at the end of his KHL season while he was under contract.

He's still our property until July 1st, 2012.

Whether or not he makes the top 30, he still belongs on our prospect list.
I'll re-add him then. Thanks for setting me straight.

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 07:14 PM
  #19
The Magic Man
With God given hands
 
The Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,890
vCash: 500
My list will start with Strome.

The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 07:17 PM
  #20
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,610
vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Cayce View Post
My list will start with Strome.
This is as good as place as any to ask. Why are so many people so high on him? What type of player is he?

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 08:00 PM
  #21
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread
 
JacobimMugatu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: f=253
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
This is as good as place as any to ask. Why are so many people so high on him? What type of player is he?

best even strength scoring rate of all forwards in the draft
I've seen comparisons to: Pavelski, Dougie G, Tim Connolly, B. Richards

edit: also

@1:53
"If you had a choice for the draft in June what team would you like to be drafted to?"
"Tough question, I've always been a Leaf fan growing up so it would be a dream to play for the Leafs but any teams great and I can't wait to be drafted"


Last edited by JacobimMugatu: 06-19-2011 at 09:03 PM.
JacobimMugatu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 09:13 PM
  #22
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Brunnstrom, Lashoff are considered more projects then prospects I think. Aulie and Reimer should be included until they both play a full season in the NHL.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.