Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Season 10/11

Closed Thread

Old
08-25-2010, 06:16 AM
Sealink

vCash: 500
Season 10/11

Okay, as nobody else has started a new thread so far, I have now...

Not because of Kassel, but there are first changes in the schedule, due to Berlin possibly playing at Red Bulls Salut at the first weekend of the season.
Iserlohn now starts into the season against Düsseldorf (instead of Berlin) and Berlins games against those teams will later in the season.

To the mods: Can we have this one stickied instead of the old thread?

Old
08-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Sanderson

So, now the second trial is over and Kassel has lost again. In theory they could go to the Bundesgerichtshof, but that appears very unlikely. They should be out of the league with this ruling.

That means only 14 teams left, thus four games less, and llikely a new schedule. Though I doubt that there will be a complete overhaul, the arenas have to be free after all.

Old
08-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
So, now the second trial is over and Kassel has lost again. In theory they could go to the Bundesgerichtshof, but that appears very unlikely. They should be out of the league with this ruling.

That means only 14 teams left, thus four games less, and llikely a new schedule. Though I doubt that there will be a complete overhaul, the arenas have to be free after all.
One representative of the Huskies had said even before the ruling of the court in Cologne, that they would give up, if they also ruled against them, so I really think that's it. I don't know enough about what's been going on in Kassel to say if it is the right ruling or not, I'm just glad this whole affair seems to be over and people can shift their focus back to actual hockey.

As every year I will be rooting for Berlin.

Old
08-27-2010, 05:44 AM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Go Cologne!

Old
08-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
One representative of the Huskies had said even before the ruling of the court in Cologne, that they would give up, if they also ruled against them, so I really think that's it. I don't know enough about what's been going on in Kassel to say if it is the right ruling or not, I'm just glad this whole affair seems to be over and people can shift their focus back to actual hockey.

As every year I will be rooting for Berlin.
It certainly was the right decision, you can't allow a team to circumvent the rules. You can't have a situation where all the teams have to pay for their debt, with one team simply going bankrupt, screwing over those who they are in debt with. It's simply unfair if one team can unload the debt without paying anything, thus having more money to put into the roster, while the others have to put resources into paying off debt.

The thing is, Rossing never had any real interest in hockey, if he had, he would have made sure to keep the possibility of a license for the 2nd-tier. He wanted to keep the Huskies in the DEL, because he wanted to build a new arena and needed a hometeam. He says he doesn't have to money to pay off the debt, but someone he is able to build an arena for 80 million Euro?

Old
08-31-2010, 08:41 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealink View Post
To the mods: Can we have this one stickied instead of the old thread?
done! (better late than never. )

Old
09-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
I've noticed the past few days that a bunch of the Kassel players have been moving to other teams. So I came on here to see if they'd folded like Frankfurt and it appears to be so. But just what exactly happened??

Old
09-01-2010, 05:41 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
I've noticed the past few days that a bunch of the Kassel players have been moving to other teams. So I came on here to see if they'd folded like Frankfurt and it appears to be so. But just what exactly happened??
many years of mismanagement finally lead to the obvious: bankruptcy.

Old
09-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

So the season preview magazine is just coming out today, eh?

I guess that's a direct result of the Kassel saga.

I dunno, but somehow I'm just not as excited about this year's season.

However, I do expect much better things from the Freezers this year. Otherwise, one has to tip on Berlin, Mannheim and maybe Düsseldorf as the odds on favorites for a spot amongst the top 3.

Old
09-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Sanderson

Well, there was one way Hamburg couldn't afford to lose like, and that's exactly what happened.

They were the better team early on, though unable to put the puck in the net. Puck control was also sloppy, but the speed and aggressiveness definately improved compared to last season. Then Cologne scored, and the Freezers fell apart. From that point on, they couldn't keep up with the opponents anymore and the chances became increasingly harmless.

Being shutout at home to start the season is really bad news. Not that one game says it all, the best season followed after a horrible opening homegame against Augsburg, but if you are trying to gain the trust of the fans back again, you couldn't be off to a worse start.

Old
09-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Quote:
Being shutout at home to start the season is really bad news.
Especially against Cologne.

Just a question to the game, you mentioned that scoring chances for the Freezers became pretty harmless after Cologne scored. Can you give me an impression of Cologne's defensive game? I'm not very comfortable with our defense - especially with our goalie situation, so I'm extremely surprised that we already got a shutout this season.

Old
09-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Well, there was one way Hamburg couldn't afford to lose like, and that's exactly what happened.

They were the better team early on, though unable to put the puck in the net. Puck control was also sloppy, but the speed and aggressiveness definately improved compared to last season. Then Cologne scored, and the Freezers fell apart. From that point on, they couldn't keep up with the opponents anymore and the chances became increasingly harmless.

Being shutout at home to start the season is really bad news. Not that one game says it all, the best season followed after a horrible opening homegame against Augsburg, but if you are trying to gain the trust of the fans back again, you couldn't be off to a worse start.
Yep, heard about this from some friends who were there. They were very disappointed.

They said it was the type of game that gave them a better understanding of the phrase "the more things change, the more they stay the same".

I watched the HAN vs. WOL game and I must say, Hannover kind of just picked up where they left off last season. Even that PP of theirs looks mighty similar. They looked pretty solid for this time of year. Continuity I suppose...

Old
09-04-2010, 07:49 AM
zecke26

just when i thought the DEL hit an all-time low, the freezers introduced new mascots: body and check.

Old
09-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
just when i thought the DEL hit an all-time low, the freezers introduced new mascots: body and check.

Wow, this is ... wow ... ah ... I'm at a loss for words right now, but I'll get back to you.

Old
09-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Sanderson

Look at it this way, by trying to hit an alltime low, you make people forget about the Kassel-fiasco rather quickly

You just have to shift the focus and I think they accomplished that rather well

Now, if someone could tell me where they found Tony Cottura again. I haven't heard that name since the "glorious" days of Nana, which was in 5th or 6th grade or something like that.

As for Cologne's defense. They let Hamburg get some prime scoring chances in the slot early on, but that pretty much stopped after the goal. From then on, they kept Hamburg to the outside and to rather harmless long-range shots.
Overall, they didn't alway look in control when a single player tried to pull to the net from the outside and were rather lucky on Hamburg's bad aim when it came to passes in front of the crease. The positioning improved throughout the game, especially the pressure at the blueline, which led to some takeaways and quick breaks.

I'd say the defense could run into trouble if an opponent is dangerous in front of the net and/or has a sniper at the blueline.

Old
09-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Sanderson

Nice goal by Holzmann:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ve0KnyoOS8

A bit like Marek Malik's shootout goal, only during gameplay and with a bit more speed.

Old
09-14-2010, 08:12 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Nice one!

(Can anyone pm me what happened to CIF??)

Old
10-13-2010, 04:46 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Ridiculous goalie situation for the Scorps right now.

Scott left the Scorps because of the money situation and now Ziffner is out for 6 weeks.

This leaves the Scorps with 19-year-old Indians keeper Langmann (who plays for the Hannover Braves and backups the Hannover Indians teams when they have a game at the same time as the Scorpions) and 18-year old Steinhauser who has to go to school in BAVARIA during the week.

Today both were absent, so the team didn't train on the ice and did only cardio.

I have to say, the effort the players are still showing on the ice despite the chaos surrounding them is remarkable and respectable but I guess you don't win the title with a bunch of spine-less players.

Old
10-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Sanderson

Maybe they can ask Hamburg if they loan out Domenic Bartels. He was supposed to play with a FL for HSV, but since HSV couldn't afford the insurance and the Freezers weren't prepared to pay it either, he'll have to live with never playing a game and being backup in the DEL whenever Treutle isn't around.

It's really funny how teams have 2nd and 3rd goalies who alternate between being backup at DEL-level and hardly playing a few tiers below. If you are good enough to be backup in the DEL, you should be able to get at least a few games in the Regionalliga.

Now, a real possibility could be Danny aus den Birken. Iserlohn just signed Manny Legace and aus den Birken doesn't want to be backup again. With the money they don't have to pay Scott, they should be able to get him, at least for the time Ziffzer will miss.

Old
10-15-2010, 06:34 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

They still have no money.
The team agreed to the paycut but only under the condition that no new players are signed.

They obviously need a new goalie but Stichnoth has said he only wants to loan a goalie for 4 weeks and Iserlohn wanted them to take aus den Birken for the whole season.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:50 PM
zecke26

Quote:
It's really funny how teams have 2nd and 3rd goalies who alternate between being backup at DEL-level and hardly playing a few tiers below. If you are good enough to be backup in the DEL, you should be able to get at least a few games in the Regionalliga.
the real question is: are most backups good enough to play DEL or are they just backup on paper, because you need a young german thanks to several rules.

looking around in the DEL, i think many backups aren't able to play in that league. while those goalies who are good enough, rather be starter in 2nd-tier like ower.

and obviously it's the same for bartels. i don't think he's ready to play DEL, but he needs to play. so he should rather sign with a 2nd-tier team and cut ties with hamburg. it would be in his own interest career wise.

the whole foerderlizenz stuff is misused by most DEL teams. it's just to circumvent the rules.

Old
10-15-2010, 07:51 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Looks like the DEG will loan Renkewitz to them.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:12 AM
fuechsken

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR View Post
Looks like the DEG will loan Renkewitz to them.
Yeah, just great, and Duisburg loses his No. 1 Oberliga goalie.

Old
10-17-2010, 08:13 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuechsken View Post
Yeah, just great, and Duisburg loses his No. 1 Oberliga goalie.
shows how smart it is to have all 4 goalies only on loan.

but is renkewitz any better than langmann or steinhauer? not exactly the starter hannover needs.

Old
10-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Burgs

I watched Renkewitz the last two seasons in Crimmitschau and thought he sucked. Not that he had anything resembling a good defense in front of him but still.

Plus I think Hannover gets what they deserved for mismanaging their money and trying to force Scott into a pay cut.

Closed Thread