HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Vancouver Riots Part V

Old
06-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Timmy

vCash: 500
Vancouver Riots Part V

I'm opening a fifth thread on this topic, with the caveat that going forward any attempts to paint your fellow HF posters in a negative light as a result of the position they take on this subject or the fanbase they happen to be a part of will result in an infraction and your removal from this thread.

Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:34 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

All vancouverites are poopy mc-poopfaces that smell of elderberries.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:36 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

^ harsh

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:43 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
All vancouverites are poopy mc-poopfaces that smell of elderberries.

Love Monty Python.

More on topic, just got caught up on the lover couple story. It's really unfortunate, but that's the nature of crowd control. Bystanders are intermingled with those who are taunting and provoking the police, and it's hard to distinguish the two.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Red08

I need to stop reading these threads. The more videos I watch the more pissed I get.

Also, I always heard great things about the city of Vancouver... It's amazing how quickly opinions change. I live in St. Louis and to be honest, I've always thought pretty low of my city but I don't ever see there being a riot in downtown St. Louis (we've won and lost both baseball and football championships in the past 11 years). I'm not saying St. Louis is better than Vancouver by any means. I just don't understand riot psychology.

Red08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:03 PM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red08 View Post
I need to stop reading these threads. The more videos I watch the more pissed I get.

Also, I always heard great things about the city of Vancouver... It's amazing how quickly opinions change. I live in St. Louis and to be honest, I've always thought pretty low of my city but I don't ever see there being a riot in downtown St. Louis (we've won and lost both baseball and football championships in the past 11 years). I'm not saying St. Louis is better than Vancouver by any means. I just don't understand riot psychology.
As much as I dislike the Canucks and their fans, Vancouver is a great city. Beautiful, lots to do, diverse cultures, music, food, etc...

It just seems to have a higher douchetard per capita than most places, but that happens with most cities that consider themselves "trendy."

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
As much as I dislike the Canucks and their fans, Vancouver is a great city. Beautiful, lots to do, diverse cultures, music, food, etc...

It just seems to have a higher douchetard per capita than most places, but that happens with most cities that consider themselves "trendy."
Perfectly summed up.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
I'm opening a fifth thread on this topic, .
Why?

One thing I find funny after watching some of the riot vids is that all those "thugs, anarchists and criminals dressed as Canuck fans" causing all the chaos looked like your average early 20s male. I didn't see any punks in leather pants with green faux hawks. I didn't see any LA gangsta types with white bandanas to go along with their JayZ wear. All I saw was drunk young men that wouldn't stick out in a normal crowd and probably lots of jocks mixed in with some sketchy looking people wearing black.

Last edited by Spectaculard: 06-18-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Spectaculard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:24 PM
AngryBeavers
Suh Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay Zubban View Post
Why?
Because the other 4 reached maximum post capacity.

AngryBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:27 PM
oilWILDcountry

nice

oilWILDcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:29 PM
yeah

"Water Polo Canada says it is suspending an unnamed member of the junior national team for allegedly being involved in vandalism during the Vancouver riots."

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome

yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Brodie
watcher on the walls

Rob Brown his out for justice

Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:34 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah View Post
"Water Polo Canada says it is suspending an unnamed member of the junior national team for allegedly being involved in vandalism during the Vancouver riots."

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome
They can't name him because he is a minor, but everybody knows it is Nathan Kotylak

OilerTyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
They can't name him because he is a minor, but everybody knows it is Nathan Kotylak
Its great that everyone's names are getting out there due to social media. **** trying to protect these people by hiding their names.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Montrealer

It's truly a new age.

In the past, you could be a radical in your youth, repent and become an upstanding member of society, and the history of what you may have done as a radical would be fuzzy and wouldn't prevent the vast majority from most jobs. A Black Panther could eventually become a Judge; a Communist who plotted revolution and attacked McDonalds could eventually get elected to public office. Time and good behavior were wonderful at helping surpress youthful stupidity.

Now? I wouldn't hire any of these idiots who posted their actions during the riot to various social media without a good deal of proof they had turned around their wasted lives, and I can't see any of them ever getting elected or being trusted in certain professions. Run for mayor? Why did you post "LOLLERS I PUNCHED THREE COPS AND STOLE SOME VUITTON RIOTRIOTRIOT!!!" thirty years ago? Etc...

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Mr V

After watching many of these videos and facebook posting, I can only say that I have never seen such a large gathering of "Stupid" in one place at one time.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Apaharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
It's truly a new age.

In the past, you could be a radical in your youth, repent and become an upstanding member of society, and the history of what you may have done as a radical would be fuzzy and wouldn't prevent the vast majority from most jobs. A Black Panther could eventually become a Judge; a Communist who plotted revolution and attacked McDonalds could eventually get elected to public office. Time and good behavior were wonderful at helping surpress youthful stupidity.

Now? I wouldn't hire any of these idiots who posted their actions during the riot to various social media without a good deal of proof they had turned around their wasted lives, and I can't see any of them ever getting elected or being trusted in certain professions. Run for mayor? Why did you post "LOLLERS I PUNCHED THREE COPS AND STOLE SOME VUITTON RIOTRIOTRIOT!!!" thirty years ago? Etc...
Do you really think the rioters have the intelligence to ascend to higher positions as you have mentioned? Between committing acts of wanton vandalism in full view of cameras, bragging on Facebook as soon as they are within reach of cameras, to mugging in front of cameras in front of burning cars in a way that makes attention ****** blush with shame, I highly doubt that the discipline and intelligence is there for most of them.

Apaharn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:56 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

We need an official Rob Brown thread.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaharn View Post
Do you really think the rioters have the intelligence to ascend to higher positions as you have mentioned? Between committing acts of wanton vandalism in full view of cameras, bragging on Facebook as soon as they are within reach of cameras, to mugging in front of cameras in front of burning cars in a way that makes attention ****** blush with shame, I highly doubt that the discipline and intelligence is there for most of them.
Definitely not most of them, but some of these people will eventually want to be teachers, lawyers, etc.... Some people start out as complete ********** and then something dramatic happens that changes their outlook on life. It's not the majority but it does happen.

Now, even those that do turn their life around are screwed for eternity. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's just that it's the first generation that basically has their entire life laid bare on the Internet (they're the ones doing it to themselves, demonstrating little common sense at the same time).

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 05:03 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

One things for sure... Brock Anton is going to live the rest of his life hoping his boss doesn't think to Google his name.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 05:07 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post

What does that mean?? care to elaborate?

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 05:08 PM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Any news on Brock?

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 05:13 PM
yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Leaf fan0o View Post
Any news on Brock?

He was arrested a few days ago.

"... But friends of Anton's confirmed his existence, and police reportedly took Anton into custody Thursday."

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/ill-advis...124124839.html

yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Skrudland2Lomakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
What does that mean?? care to elaborate?
Trendy people are attracted more to a scene, the idea of being around something that's cool, they don't tend to actually care about things like taking care of the city they live in and things of that sort. (Or at least they don't bother themselves with thinking about it). It's an image thing, they're concerned with themselves and their own image more so then average people.

Skrudland2Lomakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 05:40 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland2Lomakin View Post
Trendy people are attracted more to a scene, the idea of being around something that's cool, they don't tend to actually care about things like taking care of the city they live in and things of that sort. (Or at least they don't bother themselves with thinking about it). It's an image thing, they're concerned with themselves and their own image more so then average people.
You obviously have not been to Vancouver

Right, the couple of thousand of people that did the rioting are trendy enough that they speak for the 2.4 million people in Vancouver?
So the 15000 people that came out and cleaned teh city the morning after are trendy because they are attracted to a scene

What happened was the punks that are 16-24 years were tanked and wanted to riot no matter the outcome. That was thier intention. Blame them and not "trendiness" for the riot. Also blame the City of Vancouver and Mayor Roberson as they were naive in thinking that nothing like 1994 would happen again. What were they thinking cramming 100000 with little police presence inside.

I hope what happens is they they live with this rest of thier lives. If they want a job and thier name comes up in a Google search for Vancouver Riots, so be it. Dont bicth to anyone that you can't get a job anymore or you were fired.
You set fire to a police car? Who the **** cares if your daddy is a DR and your an Olympic water polo hopeful who has a scolarship at the UoC and it will be yanked. I dont care. You ruined my city, I dont care if your life is ruined.

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote