Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kris King

Old
06-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Wpg Jets Fan

vCash: 500
Kris King

According to the Winnipeg Free Press, rumor has it Kris King is seeking employment with our new team. If true, that would be great. He's a wpg kinda guy and an old fan favorite. Sorry no link I am on I Phone and technology isn't my strong point.

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:50 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
I heard a couple weeks ago the team was looking for him lol
Either way i feel he would be a good addition to the team.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Hammer Slammer
Go BROWNS

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Can't find it on the WFP website, but cool nonetheless.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:19 PM
BrianL*

It's buried in here
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...124124369.html

BrianL* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:21 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 157
Awesome, Kris King would be a good addition!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Glen Healy mentioned Kris King as a possible addition to the front office in some sort of capacity a couple weeks ago on HNIC. King has worked with the NHL for quite a while now and seems to be pretty well respected in the hockey circles. I think he would be a good guy to have around. Wonder what role he would have?

Last edited by Guerzy: 06-18-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Helmethead

Ryan Murphy lists Kris King as a family friend and one of his biggest hockey influences. Wonder if he will pump up Murphy to Chevy. He's who i want us to draft regardless of positional needs.

Outside of family, whom do you do you consider your biggest hockey influence?

"My old coach, Maurice Catenacci [with the York-Simcoe Express]. He coached me all throughout my minor hockey, taught me a lot about the game.

"Another is a family friend of ours, [former NHL winger] Kris King. He lives a couple blocks away from my parents and has been guiding me, giving me advice all along the way. Whenever something happens, he's been there. When I got the invite for the [2010 World] Under-17 [Challenge], he was one of the first to call."

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhoc...rhockey-278612

Helmethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet head View Post
Ryan Murphy lists Kris King as a family friend and one of his biggest hockey influences. Wonder if he will pump up Murphy to Chevy. He's who i want us to draft regardless of positional needs.

Outside of family, whom do you do you consider your biggest hockey influence?

"My old coach, Maurice Catenacci [with the York-Simcoe Express]. He coached me all throughout my minor hockey, taught me a lot about the game.

"Another is a family friend of ours, [former NHL winger] Kris King. He lives a couple blocks away from my parents and has been guiding me, giving me advice all along the way. Whenever something happens, he's been there. When I got the invite for the [2010 World] Under-17 [Challenge], he was one of the first to call."

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhoc...rhockey-278612
Very interesting, thanks for posting this.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Hammer Slammer
Go BROWNS

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
"The Winnipeg people are their biggest asset," MacKay said. "It would have been so easy to fill Andrew's head with stuff, being from there myself. But it was important for my wife and I not to do that and let them see for themselves. Spending time there... people in the street were saying, 'Andrew Ladd! Welcome to Winnipeg!' We went to a restaurant, people recognized him and bought him lunch. Andrew saw the people and how nice they are. There's so much more to Winnipeg than all the negative that comes out."
Proud of that.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 09:40 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

great to pull in old familiar faces. Makes me even sadder that Don Waddell spit in the old faces of the several Atlanta Flames alum that went to him and the owners to ask for a part in reviving the pulse of hockey in the ATL.

His first move should have been to hire Boom Boom Geoffrion to make one or two appearances at meet and greets for potential season ticket buyers.

sorry to jack the thread, but hopefully, Atlanta fans are doing less of it to you guys in the past few days!!

ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
great to pull in old familiar faces. Makes me even sadder that Don Waddell spit in the old faces of the several Atlanta Flames alum that went to him and the owners to ask for a part in reviving the pulse of hockey in the ATL.

His first move should have been to hire Boom Boom Geoffrion to make one or two appearances at meet and greets for potential season ticket buyers.

sorry to jack the thread, but hopefully, Atlanta fans are doing less of it to you guys in the past few days!!

As a hockey fan, it amazes me that the Thrashers organization would not take advantage of the Flames legacy in Atlanta.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Huffer

I would love it if they added King to the organization. He was one of my favorite Jets when he was here. Tough, hard working, willing to run through walls for his teammates.

Like others have said he is also well respected in NHL circles.

Getting a guy like King on board would just be another example of TNSE doing things right, and showing the hockey world that they are running a top notch organization (IMO).

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote