HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Montreal - Philadelphia

Old
06-18-2011, 09:57 PM
BrindamoursNose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Pacioretty won't be moving unless one of Coburn, Carter or Giroux were to come back, which the flyers would never do, which is why he won't be traded.
I'm stunned that you have Giroux and Carter in the same class as Coburn. That's the first time I've seen something like that.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 09:59 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
That's fine...I wasn't suggesting otherwise. I was just talking with another fellow about Versteeg being a more valuable piece than Hartnell to MTL, whether or not they'd trade for him or not.
I wouldn't consider Versteeg a valuable piece in the eyes of the Habs. We have no interest in an overpaid pint-sized player. Hartnell at least has size, grit and toughness but he would be cannon fodder in Jacques Martin's defensive system.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I'm stunned that you have Giroux and Carter in the same class as Coburn. That's the first time I've seen something like that.
I think he tought about the needs for the Habs here. I don't think he puts Coburn in the same class as Giroux and Carter. Coburn is quite a usefull dman tough.

Paciorrety is quite valuable for us he is not worth Giroux or Carter but he is worth Van Riemsdyk for us. You wouldn't move Van riemsdyk we wouldn't move Paciorretty.

For Hartnell i'd give our first plus Palushaj for him and your second.

Only reason to shed your cap.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 11:52 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Pacioretty won't be moving unless one of Coburn, Carter or Giroux were to come back, which the flyers would never do, which is why he won't be traded.
Man, I agree that the dudes trade proposal was completely insane...
But come on, to even suggest that patches would fetch giroux or Carter in a trade is just as ridiculous.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 11:56 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I wouldn't consider Versteeg a valuable piece in the eyes of the Habs. We have no interest in an overpaid pint-sized player. Hartnell at least has size, grit and toughness but he would be cannon fodder in Jacques Martin's defensive system.
$3 million for a 3 time 20+ goal scorer isn't really overpayment these days. Produces similar point totals to Gionta, despite making $2 million less. Obviously Gionta brings more to the table, hence the $2 million extra.

And there should be interest in getting actual scoring depth on this team, unless you are satisfied when the team has to turn to Moen and Darche when the top lines are struggling.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:00 AM
xacution

weber pouliot for hartnell,montreal really needs a guy like him,we could just sign harmlik back,or find a way to keep the wiz

xacution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:34 AM
phlocky

Hartnell for a 1st in either 2011 or 2012.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Actually I would be interested in acquiring Versteeg, despite his lackluster showing this season. He was fantastic with Chicago in their cup run and would compliment our bottom pairing well. If we dump Moen, I would be all over a trade for Versteeg. We could then pick up Brouwer from Chicago and have an actual physical depth in our roster for once.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:52 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Actually I would be interested in acquiring Versteeg, despite his lackluster showing this season. He was fantastic with Chicago in their cup run and would compliment our bottom pairing well. If we dump Moen, I would be all over a trade for Versteeg. We could then pick up Brouwer from Chicago and have an actual physical depth in our roster for once.

Versteeg actually played pretty well in Tor and when he first went to Philly. Shortly after ariving in Philly he got hurt and played the rest of the season and playoffs through it (I believe he had surgery after the season). Even so he played very well with Richards on our shut-down line. Personally, I want ot keep Versteeg and trade Hartnell.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 08:46 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
The last thing we need is Carcillo and Shelley and their 6 minutes/game of useless playing time. The last thing we would do is give up assets for useless junk like that. MaxPac and a 1st? Give your head a shake.
The point is NEVER EVER offer Pouliot and crap for real players. If you want to offer Pouliot, then try this:

To other team
Pouliot
Asset of value like 1st or 2nd round pick

To Habs
late pick like 5th round pick.

Pouliot has negative value.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 09:54 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
The point is NEVER EVER offer Pouliot and crap for real players. If you want to offer Pouliot, then try this:

To other team
Pouliot

To Habs

Umm okay. He doesn't have very good value, but he certainly doesn't have negative value. You proposal makes it seem like he makes $7 million a year.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Kind of weird that the Habs need a guy like Hartnell, but he would be so damn slow on this team, it would be painful to watch. Might even be a detriment.

They would be better suited to go after Versteeg. Right shot, a good shooter to play with Eller on the 3rd line.
Hartnell's not that slow at all actually. He doesn't have the grace or hands to be able to produce on the rush like a lot of your other good players, but he is fast enough to be effective on dump-and-chase plays, forecheck and to generally keep up with the Habs. I don't know the Habs team intimately, but couldn't you guys use someone who is willing to drop the mitts for a team mate and also dig pucks out of corners against larger teams? A lot of the reason I think he would fit is because of how well he did on a line that plays how the Habs top 6 plays (Leino - Briere - Hartnell).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Hartnell on a team that has players that have his back...good.

Hartnell on a team that has nobody to back him up......useless.
I don't think you have a very good idea of who Hartnell is. The man is irritating to other teams, I get that. But he's no coward and fights his own battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Hartnell for a 1st in either 2011 or 2012.
Probably not happening for anything but a very late first. And I doubt that also.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post

To other team
Pouliot

To Habs

Like you know anything about Pouliot...

Hartnell is an idiot. He would be a nice player to have, but at the cost of Pacioretty makes him very unattractive.

It's not our fault our coach is dumb as hell and doesn't like Pouliot, despite putting up 30 points playing minimal ice time until this loser.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 11:54 AM
pcanuck

No one wants Hartnell. Carter is good trade bait, as is Richards. Trading within conference will be tough too.

hey Philly - interested?

to Philly:
PF P. Cormier (young grinder/center/prospect with upside)
OD Z. Bogosian (very young offensive defenceman with very high upside)

to Winterpeg:
C J. Carter (if he's willing to waive his no trade clause)
rights to V. Leino before free agency begins

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
No one wants Hartnell. Carter is good trade bait, as is Richards. Trading within conference will be tough too.

hey Philly - interested?

to Philly:

to Winterpeg:
Not at all interested, sorry.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:03 PM
pcanuck

Hartnell is a good player but he is overpaid and will be tough to deal. He'd be a great trade asset for a team heading to the playoffs. I'd bet that's when his trade value would be the highest but the Flyers should be in it next year.

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:04 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post

hey Philly - interested?

to Philly:

to Winterpeg:
Not a chance, and Carter's NTC doesn't start untill after next season.

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote