HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nabokov/draft day trade ,maybe?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2011, 11:22 PM
  #1
Jakeman
Registered User
 
Jakeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Nabokov/draft day trade ,maybe?

I was wondering if the Islanders are planning on doing anything with him? There are a few teams who could use him,Phoenix,Colorado to name a few. My guess is he will be traded at the draft to Phoenix.

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 11:38 PM
  #2
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the contract can't be tolled (and hence Nabokov traded) until after July 1st.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:55 AM
  #3
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the contract can't be tolled (and hence Nabokov traded) until after July 1st.
actually he can be traded at the close of the season after the playoffs, theres something about waiver restrictions that prevented him from being traded, ending when the season is concluded

so it is my understanding that he could be traded now subject to his contractually guaranteed NMC, KDB2009 is the guy who'd know,

tolling cant be requested until July 1 however, the beginning of the new seasons calendar year

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 02:18 AM
  #4
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues22 View Post
actually he can be traded at the close of the season after the playoffs, theres something about waiver restrictions that prevented him from being traded, ending when the season is concluded

so it is my understanding that he could be traded now subject to his contractually guaranteed NMC, KDB2009 is the guy who'd know,

tolling cant be requested until July 1 however, the beginning of the new seasons calendar year
Ya, sorry, to clarify. There's no point in trading him before the contract is tolled. My understanding is that if he's traded before the contract is tolled then it's unlikely the arbitrator would toll the contract and he'd probably become a UFA July 1st.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 02:23 AM
  #5
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Ya, sorry, to clarify. There's no point in trading him before the contract is tolled. My understanding is that if he's traded before the contract is tolled then it's unlikely the arbitrator would toll the contract and he'd probably become a UFA July 1st.
theres no dispute to arbitrate regarding the tolling, Nabokov agreed in writing to the tolling n order to play in the world championships.

so that isnt so

in fact he likely did that to help facilitate a trade at the draft, he probably would like to know where he'll be playing sooner rather than later dont you think

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 02:26 AM
  #6
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues22 View Post
theres no dispute to arbitrate regarding the tolling, Nabokov agreed in writing to the tolling n order to play in the world championships.

so that isnt so
Ah, ic, my bad.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 10:51 AM
  #7
hskates21*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 758
vCash: 500
Id think it be something like

To NYI 2nd or 3rd overall

To Florida/Colorado
5th overall
Nabokov
34th overall

would that be enough the isles could trade up and get larrson while colorado needs a goalie and if vokuon leaves then so will the panthers

hskates21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:05 PM
  #8
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hskates21 View Post
Id think it be something like

To NYI 2nd or 3rd overall

To Florida/Colorado
5th overall
Nabokov
34th overall

would that be enough the isles could trade up and get larrson while colorado needs a goalie and if vokuon leaves then so will the panthers
I don't see Florida being interested and I think Colorado would want more to move down

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:10 PM
  #9
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 35,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hskates21 View Post
Id think it be something like

To NYI 2nd or 3rd overall

To Florida/Colorado
5th overall
Nabokov
34th overall

would that be enough the isles could trade up and get larrson while colorado needs a goalie and if vokuon leaves then so will the panthers
You also have to consider that Nabokov has an NMC in this contract so if he gets moved, it will be to a contender.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:16 PM
  #10
NYVanfan
Registered User
 
NYVanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,147
vCash: 500
Philly perhaps, if the bryz thing doesn't work?
Is Det still interested, I wonder?
What other contenders would be interested?

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:24 PM
  #11
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You also have to consider that Nabokov has an NMC in this contract so if he gets moved, it will be to a contender.
its not a factor, Nabokov has told Snow he is willing to go wherever or even stay with the Isles. its apparent that Nabokov has gotten the message that he needs to rehabilitate his image

he has also said he feels he can play for at least another 5 seasons, of course those are all self serving ideas, and it remains to be seen if he means what he's saying, but its obvious that he's trying to distance himself from the actions he took last year

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:26 PM
  #12
Robert Theodorson
Registered User
 
Robert Theodorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,347
vCash: 500
The Islanders could actually have a shot at being a bubble team 2-3 years from now if Nabby was their goalie, but by then he will be too old, it doesn't make any sense for them to even want him.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:31 PM
  #13
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 35,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues22 View Post
its not a factor, Nabokov has told Snow he is willing to go wherever or even stay with the Isles. its apparent that Nabokov has gotten the message that he needs to rehabilitate his image

he has also said he feels he can play for at least another 5 seasons, of course those are all self serving ideas, and it remains to be seen if he means what he's saying, but its obvious that he's trying to distance himself from the actions he took last year
I'm sure he's told Snow a lot of things but if Snow is going to trade Nabokov, it's going to be a place he wants to go and that place will be a contender. He's not going to accept a trade to a place like Florida no matter what anyone, even himself, may say.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:33 PM
  #14
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,603
vCash: 50
I think Nabokov goes to Phoenix, it makes too much sense.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:33 PM
  #15
Renbarg
Registered User
 
Renbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,108
vCash: 500
He can't be traded before july 1st without passing through waivers... therefore a trade has a less than nothing chance of being completed involving him.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:47 PM
  #16
SakicIsMyHero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
i would love to see a vokoun/nabby combo in colorado!

SakicIsMyHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:55 PM
  #17
TheNeutral
Registered User
 
TheNeutral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheNeutral
We'll take him back in San Jose. He'd look good backing up Niemi

TheNeutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:58 PM
  #18
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 57,163
vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues22 View Post
theres no dispute to arbitrate regarding the tolling, Nabokov agreed in writing to the tolling n order to play in the world championships.

so that isnt so

in fact he likely did that to help facilitate a trade at the draft, he probably would like to know where he'll be playing sooner rather than later dont you think
is there a link for the bolded part

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:00 PM
  #19
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch
 
CommanderShepard15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,396
vCash: 500
i think him and niemi would make a great platoon. and hed be low cost so we could still upgrade our defence.

id offer our 3rd rounder for him

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:00 PM
  #20
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,603
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
is there a link for the bolded part
I'll look for it. Katie Strang reported though.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:00 PM
  #21
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 5,058
vCash: 500
Nabokov would want to be the #1 goalie, and because of the toll, will be playing for a contract the following off-season... How many teams would allow him to be the #1? IMO that would be more important to him and a future contract than playing backup on any team that may be perceived to be a contender. The Isles are less likely to trade Nabokov until they are assured, because of three goalies trying to come back from knee ailments in Montoya, Kevin Poulin and Rick DiPietro, are 100%. There is no need to trade him any sooner...

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:01 PM
  #22
pcanuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Nabokov hasn't played in the NHL for a while. He was also a waiver wire pickup - a 4th round pick is all NYI will get

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:02 PM
  #23
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps527 View Post
He can't be traded before july 1st without passing through waivers... therefore a trade has a less than nothing chance of being completed involving him.
actually KDB209, the resident CBA expert indicated something within the waiver rules that indicate that the waiver requirement ends at the close of the playoffs

so if his interpretation is correct, and ive no reason to doubt him, he's usually very thorough in these matters, Nabokov could very well be traded at the draft

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:04 PM
  #24
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
Nabokov hasn't played in the NHL for a while. He was also a waiver wire pickup - a 4th round pick is all NYI will get


Because he played in Europe.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:11 PM
  #25
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 5,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues22 View Post
actually KDB209, the resident CBA expert indicated something within the waiver rules that indicate that the waiver requirement ends at the close of the playoffs

so if his interpretation is correct, and ive no reason to doubt him, he's usually very thorough in these matters, Nabokov could very well be traded at the draft
Regardless, the new team would then have to toll him, which Nabokov then can contest through the NHLPA... and a chance that he would get out of the contract and become a free agent! The Islander will have to wait until the actual tolling occurs...

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.