HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nabokov/draft day trade ,maybe?

Old
06-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Jakeman

vCash: 500
Nabokov/draft day trade ,maybe?

I was wondering if the Islanders are planning on doing anything with him? There are a few teams who could use him,Phoenix,Colorado to name a few. My guess is he will be traded at the draft to Phoenix.

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 11:38 PM
almostawake

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the contract can't be tolled (and hence Nabokov traded) until after July 1st.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the contract can't be tolled (and hence Nabokov traded) until after July 1st.
actually he can be traded at the close of the season after the playoffs, theres something about waiver restrictions that prevented him from being traded, ending when the season is concluded

so it is my understanding that he could be traded now subject to his contractually guaranteed NMC, KDB2009 is the guy who'd know,

tolling cant be requested until July 1 however, the beginning of the new seasons calendar year

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 02:18 AM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues22 View Post
actually he can be traded at the close of the season after the playoffs, theres something about waiver restrictions that prevented him from being traded, ending when the season is concluded

so it is my understanding that he could be traded now subject to his contractually guaranteed NMC, KDB2009 is the guy who'd know,

tolling cant be requested until July 1 however, the beginning of the new seasons calendar year
Ya, sorry, to clarify. There's no point in trading him before the contract is tolled. My understanding is that if he's traded before the contract is tolled then it's unlikely the arbitrator would toll the contract and he'd probably become a UFA July 1st.

Old
06-19-2011, 02:23 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Ya, sorry, to clarify. There's no point in trading him before the contract is tolled. My understanding is that if he's traded before the contract is tolled then it's unlikely the arbitrator would toll the contract and he'd probably become a UFA July 1st.
theres no dispute to arbitrate regarding the tolling, Nabokov agreed in writing to the tolling n order to play in the world championships.

so that isnt so

in fact he likely did that to help facilitate a trade at the draft, he probably would like to know where he'll be playing sooner rather than later dont you think

Old
06-19-2011, 02:26 AM
almostawake

Quote:
theres no dispute to arbitrate regarding the tolling, Nabokov agreed in writing to the tolling n order to play in the world championships.

so that isnt so
Ah, ic, my bad.

Old
06-19-2011, 10:51 AM
hskates21*

Id think it be something like

To NYI 2nd or 3rd overall

To Florida/Colorado
5th overall
Nabokov
34th overall

would that be enough the isles could trade up and get larrson while colorado needs a goalie and if vokuon leaves then so will the panthers

hskates21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:05 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by hskates21 View Post

To Florida/Colorado
5th overall
Nabokov
34th overall

would that be enough the isles could trade up and get larrson while colorado needs a goalie and if vokuon leaves then so will the panthers
I don't see Florida being interested and I think Colorado would want more to move down

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hskates21 View Post

To Florida/Colorado
5th overall
Nabokov
34th overall

You also have to consider that Nabokov has an NMC in this contract so if he gets moved, it will be to a contender.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:16 PM
NYVanfan

Philly perhaps, if the bryz thing doesn't work?
Is Det still interested, I wonder?
What other contenders would be interested?

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You also have to consider that Nabokov has an NMC in this contract so if he gets moved, it will be to a contender.
its not a factor, Nabokov has told Snow he is willing to go wherever or even stay with the Isles. its apparent that Nabokov has gotten the message that he needs to rehabilitate his image

he has also said he feels he can play for at least another 5 seasons, of course those are all self serving ideas, and it remains to be seen if he means what he's saying, but its obvious that he's trying to distance himself from the actions he took last year

Old
06-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Robert Theodorson

The Islanders could actually have a shot at being a bubble team 2-3 years from now if Nabby was their goalie, but by then he will be too old, it doesn't make any sense for them to even want him.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
its not a factor, Nabokov has told Snow he is willing to go wherever or even stay with the Isles. its apparent that Nabokov has gotten the message that he needs to rehabilitate his image

he has also said he feels he can play for at least another 5 seasons, of course those are all self serving ideas, and it remains to be seen if he means what he's saying, but its obvious that he's trying to distance himself from the actions he took last year
I'm sure he's told Snow a lot of things but if Snow is going to trade Nabokov, it's going to be a place he wants to go and that place will be a contender. He's not going to accept a trade to a place like Florida no matter what anyone, even himself, may say.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
I think Nabokov goes to Phoenix, it makes too much sense.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Renbarg

He can't be traded before july 1st without passing through waivers... therefore a trade has a less than nothing chance of being completed involving him.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:47 PM
SakicIsMyHero

i would love to see a vokoun/nabby combo in colorado!

SakicIsMyHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:55 PM
TheNeutral

Send a message via AIM to TheNeutral
We'll take him back in San Jose. He'd look good backing up Niemi

TheNeutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:58 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 73
Quote:

so that isnt so

in fact he likely did that to help facilitate a trade at the draft, he probably would like to know where he'll be playing sooner rather than later dont you think
is there a link for the bolded part

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:00 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

i think him and niemi would make a great platoon. and hed be low cost so we could still upgrade our defence.

id offer our 3rd rounder for him

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
is there a link for the bolded part
I'll look for it. Katie Strang reported though.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DesertDawg

Nabokov would want to be the #1 goalie, and because of the toll, will be playing for a contract the following off-season... How many teams would allow him to be the #1? IMO that would be more important to him and a future contract than playing backup on any team that may be perceived to be a contender. The Isles are less likely to trade Nabokov until they are assured, because of three goalies trying to come back from knee ailments in Montoya, Kevin Poulin and Rick DiPietro, are 100%. There is no need to trade him any sooner...

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:01 PM
pcanuck

Nabokov hasn't played in the NHL for a while. He was also a waiver wire pickup - a 4th round pick is all NYI will get

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps527 View Post
He can't be traded before july 1st without passing through waivers... therefore a trade has a less than nothing chance of being completed involving him.
actually KDB209, the resident CBA expert indicated something within the waiver rules that indicate that the waiver requirement ends at the close of the playoffs

so if his interpretation is correct, and ive no reason to doubt him, he's usually very thorough in these matters, Nabokov could very well be traded at the draft

Old
06-19-2011, 01:04 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
Nabokov hasn't played in the NHL for a while. He was also a waiver wire pickup - a 4th round pick is all NYI will get

Because he played in Europe.

Old
06-19-2011, 01:11 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
actually KDB209, the resident CBA expert indicated something within the waiver rules that indicate that the waiver requirement ends at the close of the playoffs

so if his interpretation is correct, and ive no reason to doubt him, he's usually very thorough in these matters, Nabokov could very well be traded at the draft
Regardless, the new team would then have to toll him, which Nabokov then can contest through the NHLPA... and a chance that he would get out of the contract and become a free agent! The Islander will have to wait until the actual tolling occurs...

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote