HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr interested to play in Montreal pt3

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2011, 12:02 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
We don't need a top 9 forward to start the season. We can get one later at the deadline if need be.
We don't *need* one, but only in the sense that the Flyers don't need a goalie because Bobrovsky is perfectly capable of doing a godo job. The Habs are going to have tons of free cap space and the spot to upgrade is obvious: Pleky's RW. Kostitsyn can absolutely do the job, but he is better off on Eller's wing dominating third-line comps.

The nagging hole in the top-6 was THE offseason issue, which the Habs failed to fill. Perhaps they figured, correctly, that MaxPac would eventually fill it. But that still puts the Habs in some injury exposue; it's unclear that they have anyone who can fill in should one of the top-6 be injured (DD and Eller might, but it's less than ideal).

Jagr was a perfect fit in the sense of clearly being a top-6 player, being a RW, and even having shown chemistry with Pleks. I find the Habs' lack of interest in him extremely disappointing in that sense. If the Habs aren't pursuing him, I hope they have a really good plan A, either as a top-6 winger or a pair of strong two-way third-liners for Eller; otherwise, it's unclear to me how they plan on upgrading their roster (and standing pat with a rising cap would be an obvious mistake). The D is shaping up to be ridiculously deep, and the Habs are set for goalies.

While I'm not usually one to criticize the org for being prudent, wasting cap space (several million cap space) can't be in their plans either. The Habs are looking like they can have a deep defense, a top-6 upgrade, AND enough cap space to add a significant player at the deadline. In all fairness, it also means they have the resources to pursue a bigger impact player than a 40-year-old Jagr, but where are they going to find that?

Old
06-22-2011, 12:03 PM
OpenIceHit

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Darche
Pacciorety-Gomez-Gionta
DD-Eller-AK
Pyatt-Halpern-Moen
White

WOW!!

Old
06-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Pacciorety-Gomez-Gionta
DD-Eller-AK
Pyatt-Halpern-Moen
White

WOW!!

OMG, we all forgot about that unspoken rule that says the Habs are prohibited from signing anyone from free agency.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:06 PM
BBrowser

Quote:
Pacciorety-Gomez-Gionta
DD-Eller-AK
Pyatt-Halpern-Moen
White

WOW!!

Thanks for putting things into perspective. I think Habs need one insane psycho-killer borderline dangerous huge dude and a top 6 stud.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:08 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
OMG, we all forgot about that unspoken rule that says the Habs are prohibited from signing anyone from free agency.
Also, apparently now Darche is better than AK.

Of course, not having Darche on the first line would detract from the underlying Habs-suck message.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:09 PM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I was just kidding! It's not because we don't sign Jagr that we'll be stuck with the exact same team as last year. And hopefully you're right and if we sign someone, let's just hope we won't OVERoverpay again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Also, apparently now Darche is better than AK.

Of course, not having Darche on the first line would detract from the underlying Habs-suck message.
I forgot that Jacques Martin prefered to have AK on the first line rather than Moen/Halpern/Darche. Thanks for the reminder.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:21 PM
MathMan

Quote:
I was just kidding! It's not because we don't sign Jagr that we'll be stuck with the exact same team as last year. And hopefully you're right and if we sign someone, let's just hope we won't OVERoverpay again...
GMs clearly do not care about overpaying players. And with the constantly-increasing cap, I'm starting to see their point. Unused cap space is of no value whatsoever at the end of the year, and it's better to overpay a guy to help your club than to have no one.

I'm a math guy, so on some level it pains me to admit it, but cap-efficiency may just not be that big of a deal in that environment. It definitely takes a back seat to roster-efficiency.

Quote:
I forgot that Jacques Martin prefered to have AK on the first line rather than Moen/Halpern/Darche. Thanks for the reminder.
He does. Putting Halpern alongside Pleks to put AK on the third is a tradeoff meant to spread the skills around, not an indication he thinks AK is the worse player. It's a tactical decision, not a change in the depth chart.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:24 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
where's jags6868?

all kidding aside, if were not getting jagr, i hope PG has a good plan. i hope he has another plan in place or that he has a really good reason to not even ask about jagr.

or maybe i've just been brainwashed by jags6868's propaganda

Old
06-22-2011, 12:30 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
where's jags6868?

all kidding aside, if were not getting jagr, i hope PG has a good plan. i hope he has another plan in place or that he has a really good reason to not even ask about jagr.

or maybe i've just been brainwashed by jags6868's propaganda
Didn't you hear? He's Jagr's agent. He's in talks right now

Old
06-22-2011, 05:32 PM
ymorin007*

Send a message via MSN to ymorin007*
We know Jagr has 3 potential team (Pit, Detroit, X)

We heard that Wings are interested to sign him (assuming that when they said that they offered him more money then Pit it means they want to sign him) and also assuming Lebrun is right: "http://twitter.com/#!/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/83192453468913665"

Now Peter (the Agent/Hockey Player/Use to play for MTL/Hammer agent too) said today :

"I would say there is a good chance something gets done before July 1," Svoboda told the Tribune-Review. "It's not anything for sure, of course. It's not 100 percent. But something could get done. It just won't be in the next couple of days."

Also Jagr told at different occasion that money is not such a issue.

So my speculation (please be nice to me )to that: if he is waiting another couple of days to make his decision it must be because his 1st choice is team X and he his waiting for them to make a decision otherwise why not accepting the offer of Detroit since he said that he would love to play there.

Part 2 - Speculation about team x (coming soon to a thread near you)

Old
06-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Capitano

Quote:
It's pretty typical for teams to overpay for UFAs...there are some exceptions but mostly the hot commodity top 6 guys will get more money than they are 'worth'.

Old
06-22-2011, 07:07 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
We don't *need* one, but only in the sense that the Flyers don't need a goalie because Bobrovsky is perfectly capable of doing a godo job. The Habs are going to have tons of free cap space and the spot to upgrade is obvious: Pleky's RW. Kostitsyn can absolutely do the job, but he is better off on Eller's wing dominating third-line comps.

The nagging hole in the top-6 was THE offseason issue, which the Habs failed to fill. Perhaps they figured, correctly, that MaxPac would eventually fill it. But that still puts the Habs in some injury exposue; it's unclear that they have anyone who can fill in should one of the top-6 be injured (DD and Eller might, but it's less than ideal).

Jagr was a perfect fit in the sense of clearly being a top-6 player, being a RW, and even having shown chemistry with Pleks. I find the Habs' lack of interest in him extremely disappointing in that sense. If the Habs aren't pursuing him, I hope they have a really good plan A, either as a top-6 winger or a pair of strong two-way third-liners for Eller; otherwise, it's unclear to me how they plan on upgrading their roster (and standing pat with a rising cap would be an obvious mistake). The D is shaping up to be ridiculously deep, and the Habs are set for goalies.

While I'm not usually one to criticize the org for being prudent, wasting cap space (several million cap space) can't be in their plans either. The Habs are looking like they can have a deep defense, a top-6 upgrade, AND enough cap space to add a significant player at the deadline. In all fairness, it also means they have the resources to pursue a bigger impact player than a 40-year-old Jagr, but where are they going to find that?
The same argument can be used for the defense. Any injury to Subban/Markov leaves the habs defense in a pitiful state. I feel there's more depth for top 6 positions on O than there is for top 4 spots on D.

I still feel the key to having a good strong team is preventing goals. Any rag tag group of forwards can score goals really. The predators are the proof of this. And our O is miles ahead of theirs.

Old
06-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
GMs clearly do not care about overpaying players. And with the constantly-increasing cap, I'm starting to see their point. Unused cap space is of no value whatsoever at the end of the year, and it's better to overpay a guy to help your club than to have no one.

I'm a math guy, so on some level it pains me to admit it, but cap-efficiency may just not be that big of a deal in that environment. It definitely takes a back seat to roster-efficiency.
There was a period of time right after the lockout where cap-efficiency was the most vital thing. But the rising cap has resulted in getting the player being more important than the the cap as players and not cap-space becomes the scarcest resource.

I a large element of this is the rise of long-term contracts for star players which limits the overall marketplace for impact UFA additions. A team that focuses on optimizing cap space now is faced with the prospect of no good free agents to spend their money on.

This what I'm seeing as the Panther's and formerly the Oiler's conundrum, all the cap space but no players they can spend them on. They have all the space in the world and quite a few players on value contracts to supplement impact players if they could sign players even to vast overpayments. But there isn't enough players on the market and their not an attractive option for the ones that are.

They are forced to sink to the bottom of the league and draft high, not because it will give them future cap efficiency like Anaheim, Chicago and Pittsburg did in their cup years, but because it is their only option to get the high impact players to lead their teams. The Habs did very well in how they picked up Cammaleri and Gionta in free-agency to lead the rebuild, normally there are only a handful of players of that high impact available. Likewise, Boston did very well for themselves by picking up Savard and Chara. The Rangers with all their money and desirable market to play in, only have one impact player, Gaborik, to show for it at this point. Toronto has huge money and they haven't found any kind of real help in free-agency lately.

Old
06-22-2011, 08:41 PM
MathMan

Quote:
The same argument can be used for the defense. Any injury to Subban/Markov leaves the habs defense in a pitiful state. I feel there's more depth for top 6 positions on O than there is for top 4 spots on D.
No, absolutely not. Add Markov and Gorges to the list of D-men the Habs already have and this one of the, if not the deepest unit in the league. Add Hamrlik, and the defense gets so deep Jaro Spacek (or Hal Gill if that's more to your liking) becomes the #6.

With the D Montreal has, if Markov or Subban gets injured, the D goes down to merely "pretty good". Certainly not "pitiful" (where the hell does that come from?)

I just don't get the defensive concerns. The Habs look to have two #1 D-men, a rare luxury, and a total of six top-4 caliber D-men. Oh sure, Spatch and Gill might be a little borderline as #4s (especially Gill) but right now they'd be third-pair, and if Hammer signs then one of them gets bumped right to the pressbox. And Weber doesn't get to play.

If anything the Habs have too many defensemen. The need is at forward.

Old
06-22-2011, 08:56 PM
neofury*

Quote:
No, absolutely not. Add Markov and Gorges to the list of D-men the Habs already have and this one of the, if not the deepest unit in the league. Add Hamrlik, and the defense gets so deep Jaro Spacek (or Hal Gill if that's more to your liking) becomes the #6.

With the D Montreal has, if Markov or Subban gets injured, the D goes down to merely "pretty good". Certainly not "pitiful" (where the hell does that come from?)

I just don't get the defensive concerns. The Habs look to have two #1 D-men, a rare luxury, and a total of six top-4 caliber D-men. Oh sure, Spatch and Gill might be a little borderline as #4s (especially Gill) but right now they'd be third-pair, and if Hammer signs then one of them gets bumped right to the pressbox. And Weber doesn't get to play.

People are just so hung up on "toughness" and this and that, they forget our team is damn good defensively when healthy.

They think that our healthy team will be as bad as our injured team was because they remember it that way and are so hung up on "toughness".

I want a tough guy or two too, not at the expense of talent though.

Also I think people forget just how good Josh Gorges is. Don't sell him short people, he's very good and very responsible defensively. You need at least one Gorges and we have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
There was a period of time right after the lockout where cap-efficiency was the most vital thing. But the rising cap has resulted in getting the player being more important than the the cap as players and not cap-space becomes the scarcest resource.

I a large element of this is the rise of long-term contracts for star players which limits the overall marketplace for impact UFA additions. A team that focuses on optimizing cap space now is faced with the prospect of no good free agents to spend their money on.

This what I'm seeing as the Panther's and formerly the Oiler's conundrum, all the cap space but no players they can spend them on. They have all the space in the world and quite a few players on value contracts to supplement impact players if they could sign players even to vast overpayments. But there isn't enough players on the market and their not an attractive option for the ones that are.

They are forced to sink to the bottom of the league and draft high, not because it will give them future cap efficiency like Anaheim, Chicago and Pittsburg did in their cup years, but because it is their only option to get the high impact players to lead their teams. The Habs did very well in how they picked up Cammaleri and Gionta in free-agency to lead the rebuild, normally there are only a handful of players of that high impact available. Likewise, Boston did very well for themselves by picking up Savard and Chara. The Rangers with all their money and desirable market to play in, only have one impact player, Gaborik, to show for it at this point. Toronto has huge money and they haven't found any kind of real help in free-agency lately.
Exactly! And I really feel people underrated the Cammy signing around here. That signing was as good as gold. A potential 40g scorer is still better than no potential 40g scorer. He's had injuries but give the guy a season with some line mates and he'll be banging them in one after another. Plus he's always stepped up when it mattered. Gionta is the captain of our team, scores goals, is a real trooper. Great signing, and people said he was overpaid. 5 million in an ever increasing cap world... by the end of that contract it looks like a discount in terms of its % versus the overall cap.

Last edited by neofury*: 06-22-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old
06-22-2011, 09:11 PM
E = CH²

Quote:

First, I don't believe in the rumor that the habs want to sign Hammer. It makes no sense unless Spacek is dealt.

Secondly, I don't share your enthusiasm with the rest of the D.

Gorges is a nice complementary guy. A rich man Beauchemin to Niedermayer. But by himself, I don't know if he's such a great top 4 guy. Maybe him being 100% healthy for the first time and playing on his right side would change things, but what i saw since he's in Montreal, he's solid defensively and reliable capable of logging PK minutes but that's it. Not great at transition, not a good shot, no exceptional vision for passing.

Gill never was a top 4 guy and never will be.

Spacek and Hammer were top 4 guys but age have caught up with them. Even if they can possibly fill in those roles for stretches, you can't rely on them to do it consistently anymore and especially not for season PLUS playoffs. Recipe for an early playoffs exit to rely on those guys like we have in the past.

Subban is great. No question he's a #1-2 guy. I don't believe he'll have a sophomore slump.

Markov is also great, and while I'm personally banking on him coming back healthy and playing 70+ games, the fact of the matter is that there's a huge question mark about his health and the habs would be fools to just count on him as if he were a sure thing.

Best of worlds you have Gorges, Subban and Markov as clear cut top 4 guys. And then you have Spacek, Gill, Emelin, Weber who are bottom pairing types.

Yes it's crowded. Yes it's overcrowded. But I don't feel the quality is there. The depth is, but we're missing a top 4 guy. Add a Pitkanen instead of a Hamrlik and now I agree with you we're stacked on D nothing can stop us. But Hammer just brings more of the same old vets who can log minutes for stretches than we already have (Spacek, Gill). That's why I'm saying we need a good D.

Markov-Gorges
Pitkanen-Subban
Gill-Spacek
Emelin/Weber

Now, THAT is a strong D. Now we could afford to have anyone in the top 4 get injured, possibly any 2 guys without missing much of a beat.

Compare with :

Markov-Gorges
Gill-Subban
Hammer-Spacek
Emelin/Weber

It's just another world. And if Markov is injured we're no better off than we were last year.

Quality D is essential. Quality O really is optional since anyone can score at any given time. Every team can score 2 goals a game and if you play well enough defensively that can be enough to win. Just look at Nashville's offense. PATHETIC. They score 3 more goals than we did while taking our "trash" as their top scorer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
damm I miss jags6868 enthusiasm, cmon back, there is still hope
Nah there isn't. PG has the good sense to want nothing to do with prima dona Jagr. If you all think our management is so great, maybe you should trust them on this one.

Last edited by E = CH²: 06-22-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old
06-22-2011, 09:19 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:

Supply & demand, buy low, sell high.

The forward UFA crop this year is absolutely horrible and the d crop is pretty decent. Which is why we should also be locking up Wiz. In a year or two, the d crop is going to hit a low and we can trade Wiz for a pretty penny.

Whereas this year right now on d, you have

Weber,
Markov,
Kaberle,
Ehrhoff,
Bieska,
Wiz

Babchuk
Pitakin
Ian White
JovoCop
Erikson
Randy Jones
Scott Hannan

compared to the forward ufa crop

you got

Richards

then a bunch of b listers like

Laich
Tanguay
Leino
Cole
Jokinen
Ryder
Connolly
Gagner
Kovalev
Upshall
Arnott

You see the difference in quality? This is the year to sign dman, if you sign extra, you can always trade them when there isn't an abundance.

This is why Wiz should be signed 100% no matter what. Even at $5m, he'll be a bargain in 2 years when all of the above UFA's are locked up long term this summer.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:12 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Secondly, I don't share your enthusiasm with the rest of the D.
You underestimate Gorges (who is a very strong defensive guys) and the two old Czechs (who were pressed as a first pairing and held the Montreal D together).

And you make no mention whatsoever of Yemelin, yet we have multiple reports that he is, right now, a #3 caliber defenseman at the NHL level. He's not a raw rookie nor a complete unknown. He's a seasoned pro who was a minute-muncher in a tough league and who has been extensively observed. I think he slots on the depth chart ahead of Spacek and Gill -- if not right off the bat, then very shortly.

I agree with you that there isn't much room for Hammer on the D with Spacek and Gill in, but even without Hammer it's already a very strong group. Yes, it'd be better with Pitkanen, or anyone who is an improvement over Gill, but it's still one of the strongest units in the East without him. It's both strong at the high end and very deep.

Quote:
Quality D is essential. Quality O really is optional since anyone can score at any given time. Every team can score 2 goals a game and if you play well enough defensively that can be enough to win. Just look at Nashville's offense. PATHETIC. They score 3 more goals than we did while taking our "trash" as their top scorer.
The reason Nashville outscored Montreal has everything to do with Montreal's terrible shooting percentage. Sergei might have been their top scorer, but he shot over 20%, that's not likely to ever happen again. Montreal has a much better offense.

But the point is that I want a tough-minutes forward to play with Pleky so as to improve both ways, not just defensively. It's not true that D-men only do D and forwards only do O. Hockey is a puck possession game; offense and defense are played in five-man units, and the best defense is having the puck in the opposing zone.

I think giving Plekanec a quality winger will do more for the club than an incremental upgrade at defense.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
But the point is that I want a tough-minutes forward to play with Pleky so as to improve both ways, not just defensively. It's not true that D-men only do D and forwards only do O. Hockey is a puck possession game; offense and defense are played in five-man units, and the best defense is having the puck in the opposing zone.

I think giving Plekanec a quality winger will do more for the club than an incremental upgrade at defense.
I'd be inclined to agree.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
People are just so hung up on "toughness" and this and that, they forget our team is damn good defensively when healthy.
i want the habs to get tougher, and it has nothing to do with how good we are defensively...

Nucks went into the playoffs with the fewest G/A in the league, 10 less than Boston who was widely regarded as one of the top defensive teams in the league... I don't know if you watched the same series I did, but I saw one team physically dominate the top players on the other, and surprise surprise, win the series in 7 games (even though it would be very safe to say that the losing team was the more "talented team").

i'd love to watch an NHL playoffs were talent and skill were rewarded (and protected) as they should be (and as they are in the NBA and NFL playoffs), but reality is that the NHL foolishly prides itself on the "toughness" of the playoff battle, and seemingly dictates that the officials tuck away their whistles and let "the players decide it" (which is ridiculous b/c it implies that they don't decide the outcome of the 82 games in the regular season...).

until that changes, teams, like ours, that chose to avoid adding players (in top 9/top4 roles) who rely toughness/grit as their biggest asset, will have a very difficult time making it through 4 rounds of "playoff hockey"...

ESPECIALLY when there is as poor a balance of skill/grit as we've seen in recent habs teams (unlike teams like Detroit or Pitts, who surround their skilled players with gritty ones and/or have players who have the rare combination of both).

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Exactly! And I really feel people underrated the Cammy signing around here. That signing was as good as gold. A potential 40g scorer is still better than no potential 40g scorer. He's had injuries but give the guy a season with some line mates and he'll be banging them in one after another. Plus he's always stepped up when it mattered. Gionta is the captain of our team, scores goals, is a real trooper. Great signing, and people said he was overpaid. 5 million in an ever increasing cap world... by the end of that contract it looks like a discount in terms of its % versus the overall cap.
that part of your post begs an important question... why is it that all of a sudden come playoff time his linemates all of a sudden are good enough to allow him to produce at double the rate he produces in the regular season (including when healthy)?

Cammalleri is a good player, not a great one. Signing him to a 6M/6year deal was an average signing at best, good b/c it filled a need (at least come playoff time), but not particularly special b/c paying a guy 6M/per who is average in the regular season, and one-dimensional at all times, is not the kind of move that wins anyone exec of the year, nor should it.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:21 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
You underestimate Gorges (who is a very strong defensive guys) and the two old Czechs (who were pressed as a first pairing and held the Montreal D together).

And you make no mention whatsoever of Yemelin, yet we have multiple reports that he is, right now, a #3 caliber defenseman at the NHL level. He's not a raw rookie nor a complete unknown. He's a seasoned pro who was a minute-muncher in a tough league and who has been extensively observed. I think he slots on the depth chart ahead of Spacek and Gill -- if not right off the bat, then very shortly.

I agree with you that there isn't much room for Hammer on the D with Spacek and Gill in, but even without Hammer it's already a very strong group. Yes, it'd be better with Pitkanen, or anyone who is an improvement over Gill, but it's still one of the strongest units in the East without him. It's both strong at the high end and very deep.
I don't think I underestimate Gorges. He was on a 100% purely defensive pairing and what happened when Gill and Gorges were on the ice ? We were in our own zone most of that time. I have no doubt he could be a great complimentary guy to a Markov or Subban. But I think a purely defensive pairing with Gill makes him look like the dman he is. Not a great guy by himself who can make a pairing. He's pretty good defensively though, I never said otherwise.

Quote:
The reason Nashville outscored Montreal has everything to do with Montreal's terrible shooting percentage. Sergei might have been their top scorer, but he shot over 20%, that's not likely to ever happen again. Montreal has a much better offense.
Either way it doesn't really matter why, the fact is that goals are scored. Doesn't matter if you have the best or worst forwards, teams just score a minimum amount of goals no matter what. And that minimum is above 2. For us, our O is decent already. They can go through a whole season NP. They've done it in the past. Desharnais, Eller and Pouliot on a third line should be pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Pouliot, but I'd give him a last chance since he comes cheap and we can always give one last kick at the tire in his case and adjust at the deadline if need be.

Quote:
AK has shown he can do that job adequately. And as I said, that can always be changed at the deadline. Who is available anyway? Prima donna Jagr ? Gauthier is not interested and rightly so.

Quote:
I disagree. I think we need young legs capable of logging big minutes on D. I think that offense comes from the defense, especially with Martin, especially with our forwards. Good dmen are also key to the PP. And we need Markov insulation because Markov is a bit of question mark health wise and possibly might need a certain amount of games to get his full mojo back.

I also believe that there's nothing available this year up front. Nothing that warrants the automatic overpayment that comes with free agency. Pitkanen I'd be willing to throw money at though. Brewer and Hejda aren't bad picks either. Laich ? He'd be a good fit, but he'll be insanely overpaid for a guy who can barely produce offense on a deep team. I'd not touch that with a 10-foot pole.

It would just be nice to go into the playoffs with the team not looking like they've already spent all their energies trying to compensate for the injuries on D. We say Spacek and Hammer are great when used in a diminished capacity but injuries happen on D, and sooner or later they'll be overused. Especially since Martin is in love with them.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:55 AM
ymorin007*

Send a message via MSN to ymorin007*
Doesnt look like a big interest from Pit :

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ilence-on-jagr

Old
06-23-2011, 06:12 AM
strutsboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymorin007 View Post
Doesnt look like a big interest from Pit :

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ilence-on-jagr
Maybe we can't call for PG's head if no other team is interested.

OT, I know Jagr probably would overtake Weber's number if he came here, but does he have to use his right-handed stick aswell?

Old
06-23-2011, 06:59 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

This story keeps getting muddier and muddier. Can't wait to see where Jagr plants himself.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Awww, you gotta love the drama that happens during the off season.

For those that are asking for this to be shut down. Sorry boys and girls, until it's decided where Jagr is going to end up. It makes the most sense to keep this thread open.