HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr interested to play in Montreal pt3

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2011, 10:35 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Cammalleri is a good player, not a great one. Signing him to a 6M/6year deal was an average signing at best, good b/c it filled a need (at least come playoff time), but not particularly special b/c paying a guy 6M/per who is average in the regular season, and one-dimensional at all times, is not the kind of move that wins anyone exec of the year, nor should it.
It's pretty obvious actually. Those linemates step up their game and play above their level which for them is equivalent to those better linemates I was talking about. I wasn't referring to Plekanec but rather whoever is on the other wing.

If that player was a 70pt guy all season rather than a guy whose a 40-50pt guy who steps up and plays better in the post season, he'd be having the same success he has in the post season but in the regular. Injuries were also quite a factor as well. I'm not saying he isn't capable of 40g with Plek-Kostitsyn, I'm just saying replace Kostitsyn with a true 1st line winger and it's far more likely. (And I love Kostitsyn, but it's the truth)

Plus he isn't average in the regular season. He has been injured when playing on our squad. He's always been a streaky goal scorer. If you're in a slump then get injured directly after of course it will affect your production more than say if you were on fire, already but up tons of points and then got injured. This has happened both years he's been with us. Does it in anyway help your physicality/toughness argument? A bit. But it doesn't take away from Cammalleri being a great player. He's done well on other teams where he didn't get injured. I don't think it's fair to judge Kostitsyn and Cammalleri so harshly when they've been plagued with injuries each season they've been with us. A lot of players take time to come back from injuries 100%. They still play and it affects their production and all but I don't think they deserved to be criticized so heavily just yet. It wasn't an average signing imo it was a great signing. A lot of players go to sleep in the playoffs meanwhile have great regular seasons. Cammy shows up in the playoffs when it counts. This is a very important asset and a solid signing no matter how you try to spin it. There's a reason Burke offered Cammy 7 million as a hometown boy, he's great. There's also a reason Cammy turned down that 7m, he wanted to play for a contender which no matter which way disgruntled fans try to spin it, we also are one of those too.

Like I said, give Cammy a full season without injury and he'll be just fine.

Also wanted to mention though that last I checked having goons on your team doesn't stop things like the Savard hit from happening. It may allow you to not get bullied into losing a cup but in my estimation it wasn't the lack of goons that led to the Canucks losing it's the way they dealt with the goons they were facing that made them lose the cup. That and a goalie whose a choker. You can't win a game when your goalie allows 8 goals and frankly even if they didn't score I would lack confidence too having Luongo in nets and facing a Vezina goalie. The refs didn't call anything because the Nucks were some of the biggest cheap artist divers in the history of the NHL. In the other series' they called plenty of stuff against Boston.

Having the best goalie in the NHL and playing a solid game overall is what won Boston the cup, not toughness. Toughness only goes so far. They have a talented team and if people around here think they won just based on gooning they're deluded Boston haters. I'm not saying that's you, I just don't buy into that bandwagon.

Last edited by neofury*: 06-23-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old
06-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Awww, you gotta love the drama that happens during the off season.

For those that are asking for this to be shut down. Sorry boys and girls, until it's decided where Jagr is going to end up. It makes the most sense to keep this thread open.
Here's more fuel for the fire:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Hearing that the "mystery" third NHL team on Jagr's list is MTL. JJ intrigued at possibility of hooking up with Tomas Plekanec.
44 seconds ago

Old
06-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Habs 1909

Hearing that the "mystery" third NHL team on Jagr's list is MTL. JJ intrigued at possibility of hooking up with Tomas Plekanec.

Old
CHestah in Maine

Bob McKenzie just tweeted we are the mystery 3rd team:

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie...21758087950336

"Hearing that the "mystery" third NHL team on Jagr's list is MTL. JJ intrigued at possibility of hooking up with Tomas Plekanec."

Old
pine*

cue Jag6868 in 3, 2,1 ...

Old
06-23-2011, 10:42 AM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Here's more fuel for the fire:

44 seconds ago
so confusing!

isnt it suppose to be the mystery 3rd team that is interested in jagr and not the other way around?

Old
06-23-2011, 10:42 AM
usernam

When does the Jagr campaign start?

Old
06-23-2011, 10:44 AM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
When does the Jagr campaign start?
It has already begun.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:44 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
so confusing!

isnt it suppose to be the mystery 3rd team that is interested in jagr and not the other way around?

Lebrun said that there 3 "finalists" on the Jagr front .. Detroit, Penguins and a third mystery team that Jagr's agent would not name.

Guess Gauthier asked for the negotiations to stay private, like it usually is with the Habs

Old
06-23-2011, 10:48 AM
cap10bfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Lebrun said that there 3 "finalists" on the Jagr front .. Detroit, Penguins and a third mystery team that Jagr's agent would not name.

Guess Gauthier asked for the negotiations to stay private, like it usually is with the Habs
yep i can totally see gauthier do this...

well i gues its not over!

just sign somewhere (here) already JJ!!!

Old
06-23-2011, 10:52 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Hmm, coming from McKenzie.. That's a bit different level now o_O

Old
06-23-2011, 10:54 AM
otto bond

JAgr coming or just his gloves?

Old
06-23-2011, 10:54 AM
supertzar

The addition of Jagr would be great for this teams scoring. But as per usual when a big name, particularly on the offensive side of the game, is linked to the Habs, it does not happen.

Also--Jagr's wife/girlfriend is hot.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:55 AM
cap10bfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Hmm, coming from McKenzie.. That's a bit different level now o_O
it cant get any more reliable than lebrun stating that there is a mysterious 3rd team wanting jagr and then mckenzie confirming that the habs are that 3rd team...

Old
06-23-2011, 10:57 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
it cant get any more reliable than lebrun stating that there is a mysterious 3rd team wanting jagr and then mckenzie confirming that the habs are that 3rd team...
Mckenzie also just said that the Penguins aren't as interested as Detroit is.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:59 AM
HomaridII

*********** Hockey Break
@TSNBobMcKenzie As far as I know, Jagr is interested in the Pens, but they don't want to pay. Detroit will pay, Jagrs 2nd choice.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:59 AM
LyleOdelein

I won't be heartbroken if the Habs miss out on Jagr. However, there's something kind of awesome about your favourite team turning out to be the "mystery team" in this kind of situation. Very cloak and dagger.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:09 AM
NewEraGM

OMG I just saw his gloves in MTL!!! He's coming here

Old
06-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Alright so I'm interested now.

Mystery team is Montreal.
His agent going to Minnesota.
Pittsburgh showing little interest.
Jagr just went to Plekanec's wedding, good friends, good linemates.

(I'd love to own a Jagr t-shirt )

He might be old... but for sure he could chip in 10-20 goals, and his puck presence would be felt. Our PP would be that much more scary as well.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:23 AM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
could this happen tonight?

Jagr, Markov and Wiz and Hammer sign with us? Spacek gets traded to Florida for 3rd round pick?

Old
06-23-2011, 11:25 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
*********** Hockey Break
@TSNBobMcKenzie As far as I know, Jagr is interested in the Pens, but they don't want to pay. Detroit will pay, Jagrs 2nd choice.
Interesting development. The two leading teams are comparable in on-ice qualities, but Montreal's best players are younger than Detroit's, and he has chemistry with one of the former's. It can certainly be argued that Montreal is a nice place to live and will idolize him more than Detroit would. Remains to be seen if he and the Habs coach can co-exist, but I like to think that the coach could adjust his mind-set to his roster.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:36 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCarolinaMtlExpat View Post
Interesting development. The two leading teams are comparable in on-ice qualities, but Montreal's best players are younger than Detroit's, and he has chemistry with one of the former's. It can certainly be argued that Montreal is a nice place to live and will idolize him more than Detroit would. Remains to be seen if he and the Habs coach can co-exist, but I like to think that the coach could adjust his mind-set to his roster.
His reputation / memory would totally change if he spent his final year in Montreal. Nobody really cares about Gretz in St Louis or NY all that much.

But to finish his career, in Montreal and having a decent season 60+ points, 20G+, he'd be admired for many years by the folks here. It would totally change how people perceive him in the long run.

It wouldn't have that same affect if he went to Detroit or Pittsburg imo.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

This is messed up. Last we heard, his agent was QUOTED saying PG had zero interest and they had only talked once a while ago.

So they made those quotes up completely ? wth..

Old
06-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
This is messed up. Last we heard, his agent was QUOTED saying PG had zero interest and they had only talked once a while ago.

Maybe Jagr is interested in Montreal but Montreal isn't interested in Jagr.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:50 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

Even priests lie fwiw

Closed Thread