HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr interested to play in Montreal pt3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2011, 01:42 PM
  #176
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Someone needs to create a timeline of the 'Jagr Saga'. Everyday, there's a new report stating another team being Jagr's first choice.

Getting long and a bit annoying... Kind of like a Dragon Ball Z fight (Freeza).

PhysicX is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 01:48 PM
  #177
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
I almost hope he signs in the KHL for big bucks or some random team not thought to have been interested now

Obviously my main hope is that he signs with us but wouldn't it be laughable if he did sign in the KHL for like 6.5 million a season or even in a place like Columbus

neofury* is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 01:50 PM
  #178
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
If the Habs management are not interested, then I hope they have a plan to improve our top 6 forwards.

gusfring is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 01:53 PM
  #179
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
If the Habs management are not interested, then I hope they have a plan to improve our top 6 forwards.
Why wouldn't they have a plan?

I understand you don't agree with decisions made by the management(in fact you never agree), but you always exaggerate and make it seem like they're incompetent.

Andy is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:02 PM
  #180
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Someone needs to create a timeline of the 'Jagr Saga'. Everyday, there's a new report stating another team being Jagr's first choice.

Getting long and a bit annoying... Kind of like a Dragon Ball Z fight (Freeza).
That's as painful as going to the dentist.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:15 PM
  #181
ymorin007*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Maarten
Country: Netherlands Antilles
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ymorin007*
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I almost hope he signs in the KHL for big bucks or some random team not thought to have been interested now

Obviously my main hope is that he signs with us but wouldn't it be laughable if he did sign in the KHL for like 6.5 million a season or even in a place like Columbus
If that happen I will have to go to Habs Addict center and tell them "Hi my is Yannick and I'm addicted to rumors"

ymorin007* is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
  #182
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Why wouldn't they have a plan?

I understand you don't agree with decisions made by the management(in fact you never agree), but you always exaggerate and make it seem like they're incompetent.
Actually not true, but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

My pessimism in terms of the top 6 comes from the fact that it's a need that hasn't been addressed for a while.

gusfring is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:19 PM
  #183
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymorin007 View Post
Real_ESPNLeBrun‎ Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda this morning tells me it's down to 3 teams: Pittsburgh, Detroit and one other NHL team he doesn't want to name.

This is to much like a movie...the suspense his getting to predictable.
I bet the team he doesnt want to mention is Atlanta

MooseOllini is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
  #184
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Actually not true, but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.
what facts? You always say this stupid line when people call you out.

it's UFA period, you compete with 30 teams to acquire players who have certain preferences.

If you don't sign a player it does not necessarily mean that there was no attempt to acquire that player nor did it mean that there were no plans to, but of course that won't stop you from saying otherwise if the Canadiens don't sign a plauyer you like or want.

The top 6 available is very limited and there are many teams in a similar position. Like I said, if you don't acquire one via UFA, doesn't mean there was no attempt nor does it mean there wasn't any plans.

Andy is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:22 PM
  #185
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
what facts? You always say this stupid line when people call you out.

it's UFA period, you compete with 30 teams to acquire players who have certain preferences.

If you don't sign a player it does not necessarily mean that there was no attempt to acquire that player nor did it mean that there were no plans to.

But please keep exaggerating.
Here are the facts - look them up if you want.

I agreed with trading Halak (over Price), liked the Wiz trade, liked the Tinordi pick - plus others.

As for your FA statement - you either get it done or you don't. You don't get points for trying in this league.

gusfring is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:26 PM
  #186
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Here are the facts - look them up if you want.

I agreed with trading Halak (over Price), liked the Wiz trade, liked the Tinordi pick - plus others.

As for your FA statement - you either get it done or you don't. You don't get points for trying in this league.
You missed the point.

you: I hope they have a plan

me: why wouldn't they?

Like I said, not getting what you tried to get does not equate not having a plan.

You don't points for trying, that's true. But just because you want a player, doesn't mean they want to play for you.

The Canadiens don't make the final decision. the player does in ufa period.

Andy is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:28 PM
  #187
OpenIceHit
Registered User
 
OpenIceHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
End of it how? There's absolutely no conclusive logic at all to hold up that conclusion. Didn't you notice that all reports that went out from every city (except NY) have all said that their city was Jagr's priority. TSN being the outside, they're still the 'toronto' sports network, and that TSN article is actually based on the Pittsburg article, so it's the same. When the news came out in Montreal, the Habs were Jagr's #1 priority team, Detroit, it was Detroit the #1, and Pittsburg the same, it's the Pens who are #1 choice.

Don't you find this odd? But since one report fits your POV, you take that as the undeniable sign that he'll sign elsewhere.

Again, I'm not saying he'll sign here, but as much as some people are probably too hopeful, some others take anything that has a tone of negativity to be a sign that the negative outcome is sure to happen.

Hold your horses.
What do you know about my point of view? I'd like to have Jagr on the 1st line instead of Darche. Other than that, I don't really care, he's not the saviour that we're all waiting for.

And I was just reporting what I thought would be almost a confirmation of him not signing here. I didn't want to sound pessimistic. Calm down!

OpenIceHit is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:32 PM
  #188
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
You missed the point.

you: I hope they have a plan
No I didn't. Your point was:

I understand you don't agree with decisions made by the management(in fact you never agree).

Which is simply not true.

gusfring is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:33 PM
  #189
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
No I didn't. Your point was:

I understand you don't agree with decisions made by the management(in fact you never agree).

Which is simply not true.
Sure wtv. Answer the first point as well.

Why wouldn't they have a plan?

Andy is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:37 PM
  #190
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Sure wtv. Answer the first point as well.

Why wouldn't they have a plan?
I you go by your logic, we have no idea.

If we don't get a player, your assumption is they tried. Mine is they didn't try hard enough.

With Jagr, he has already stated he is open to playing in MTL and the organization does not seem interested, therefore my statement that I hope they have a plan to improve their top 6 - because right now it would not appear to be the case.

They won't/can't go after Richards, Laich is a pipe dream.

We shall see.

gusfring is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:38 PM
  #191
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
I you go by your logic, we have no idea.

If we don't get a player, your assumption is they tried. Mine is they didn't try hard enough.

With Jagr, he has already stated he is open to playing in MTL and the organization does not seem interested, therefore my statement that I hope they have a plan to improve their top 6.
but why wouldn't they have a plan to improve it? That's my question.

Why do you need to hope they have a plan? Why do they give you doubts in regards to this plan?

As far as UFAs, the decision is left to the player, not the organization. So you can try as hard as you can, if the player doesn't want to play for you, it does not mean you don't have a plan or didn't try, since the final decision is out of your hands.

Andy is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:40 PM
  #192
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
but why wouldn't they have a plan to improve it? That's my question.

Why do you need to hope they have a plan? Why do they give you doubts in regards to this plan?

As far as UFAs, the decision is left to the player, not the organization. So you can try as hard as you can, if the player doesn't want to play for you, it does not mean you don't have a plan or didn't try, since the final decision is out of your hands.
Because history shows they have not been successful in doing so - whatever plan they may have had.

Next time, if you ever do, have a job interview, tell them you'll try real hard but may not get the job done and see how that goes.

gusfring is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:42 PM
  #193
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Because history shows they have not been successful in doing so.
Aren't the Canadiens just two years removed from signing 7 free agents?

Also, didn't the Canadiens have only .600k in cap space last off season?

Andy is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:43 PM
  #194
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Aren't the Canadiens just two years removed from signing 7 free agents?

Also, didn't the Canadiens have only .600k in cap space last off season?
Right and we still have a top 6 that is in dire need of improvement and is terrible 5 on 5.

Listen, if you think the team is a contender as is, that's fine. I just don't think it is, and the results tend to side with that argument.

gusfring is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 02:46 PM
  #195
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Right and we still have a top 6 that is in dire need of improvement and is terrible 5 on 5.
Many teams have many needs that don't get filled. Doesn't mean they haven't tried or that they have no plans.

Look at the Flyers last off-season with goaltending for example.

Pittsburgh took 4 years before they finally went out and acquired wingers for Crosby.

Like I said, just because they don't end up with a top 6, doesn't mean they didn't try. I don't think any team in league does not not try and improve their team.

Andy is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 03:02 PM
  #196
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
I hope he signs with Washington so they can't re-sign Laich...

I really want Laich as a UFA.

MM425 is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 03:05 PM
  #197
juve
Registered User
 
juve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
What if question: Would you people be happy PG sent Stamkos an offer sheet is he hits rfa?

juve is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 03:07 PM
  #198
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
What if question: Would you people be happy PG sent Stamkos an offer sheet is he hits rfa?
Would you people be happy Yzerman sent Price an offer sheet when he hits rfa?

habitue* is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 03:09 PM
  #199
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Would you people be happy Yzerman sent Price an offer sheet when he hits rfa?
Just because you offersheet Stamkos and he agrees to it doesn't necessarily mean when the time comes for Stevie Y to do the same to Subban or Price that they'll actually sign it.

neofury* is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 03:10 PM
  #200
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Would you people be happy Yzerman sent Price an offer sheet when he hits rfa?
Better yet, would you trade Price for Stamkos?

LeBrun says Jagr said good things about Pens and Wings. Very vague.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.