HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 EHM Prospect Game: New Player Profiles

Old
06-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupWanted View Post

Name : Thomas Duddy
Birthday : 14 August 1989
Position : C/RW
Height : 6'
Weight : 185
Hometown & State: Vienna
Hand : Right
Good abilities [Give me 6!!!]: Wristshot, slapshot, pass, speed, deking, getting open
Bad abilities [Give me 6!!!]: pokecheck, hitting, Agitation, dirtyness, Versatility, deflections
Style [pure sniper, 2-way, grinder, powerforward, etc] : sniper
NHLer Comparison : Don't know

Pre-NHL Team [CHL, NCAA, etc] : Saint John sea dogs
Preferred Teams : Sabres, San Jose, Wild
Hated Teams : LEafs, Ottawa, Pens
Preferred Staff : don't care
Hated Staff :don't care
Awesome, thank you

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Pajicz

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfury View Post
NHLer Comparison : Jonathan Toews/David Krejci

With those skills it sounds more like Tim Connolly to me..
Well, maybe the skills don't fit exactly to those players, but I was looking of some kind of a mix of the abilities and comparable players.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 02:16 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
Awesome, thank you
I almost picked St. John's.

And I started a FIFA career with Sturm Graz as a GK, by the way. Man, I really suck at goal. I'm thinking I might re-start as a striker.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
I almost picked St. John's.

And I started a FIFA career with Sturm Graz as a GK, by the way. Man, I really suck at goal. I'm thinking I might re-start as a striker.
We're really lacking a creative OM type, Sturm's pretty set at striker.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:48 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
We're really lacking a creative OM type, Sturm's pretty set at striker.
I just played a career as mostly a creative OM [more like LW, but whatever] and my final season Barca put me at Striker and I put up 32 goals before going down with injury for the last 8 games.

I think striker is my strong suit.

Old
06-22-2011, 04:05 PM
CupWanted
#19 The Future

Prospect profiles are up in post 1. First update might be up later tonight.

CupWanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:19 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

There's a 14 yr old in college?

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Matt Martin
Generational Poster

Hey! Vatican is not Italy >:3

e: Also didn't know Speed was a category. whoops

Matt Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:09 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Nice screens. I'm anxious to see if Tsuji can be well-rounded enough to be a serious player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
There's a 14 yr old in college?
I had a few of those when I ran the game.

Old
06-22-2011, 07:16 PM
CupWanted
#19 The Future

For those of you who are 14-15 and would like to go to a feeder team for chl/NCAA or want to change your birthdates let me know and I will do that. Vatican is not a valid country in the game so I put you on italy REP.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:12 AM
royst

Hmm what would you suggest? I'm not opposed to being older if it makes the game/story flow better

royst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 01:34 AM
Matt Martin
Generational Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by royst View Post
Hmm what would you suggest? I'm not opposed to being older if it makes the game/story flow better
this exactly.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:22 AM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

I'll third that. Make Meiler 17-18 in college.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:05 PM
CupWanted
#19 The Future

Everyones age has been modified to be appropriate with the league they are playing in. Profiles in 1st post have been edited. First update late tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:55 PM
CupWanted
#19 The Future

Bob Mckenzie’s Player Profiles:
Hephaestus Axelsen: Axelsen is a smooth passing winger hailing from The Vatican outside of Rome, Italy. He intends to play for MODO of the Swedish Elite League this upcoming season. At first glance it is difficult to overlook Axelsen’s 6ft 3inch 203lb frame, almost unheard of for a 16 year old. As a result Axelsen plays the game with a brand of aggression and physicality unmatched by his 16 year old peers. Axelsen also has a high compete level as he is willing to battle for the puck in the boards, fore checks well, and will go to the tough areas of the ice to score. His physical strength however, may not be his most marketable asset as he possesses a tremendous mind for the game. He carries himself professionally on and off the ice, is an excellent teammate, and anticipates the play exceptionally well for his age. Finally, he has the raw technical skill to score highlight reel goals, find open teammates, and dangle through defenses. He must work on his coverage skills and gap control over the next two years if he hopes to be a top pick in the NHL draft. Also one NHL executive I spoke with is concerned that the devoutly religious Axelsen could give up hockey and take a position in the papacy at anytime. It remains to be seen what impact this has on his draft stock. Axelsen has noted he will play his international hockey for Italy as the Vatican does not currently field a team. Player comparison: Like Danny Heatley with more willingness to impose himself physically.

Cellino Barnes: Barnes is a big 17 year old defenseman from Western New York who will begin his collegiate career at Yale University this upcoming season. The new Bulldog arrival is an imposing figure at 6’2” 191lbs and plays a defensively responsible game. Barnes is adept at intimidating oncoming forwards and he and his teammates have a tendency to come out of collisions better than their opposition. Barnes has good gap control and will shutdown top lines for the Bulldogs. Has a big slap shot if he can get in position to use it. He must work on his skating if he wants to be anything more than a goon. Player comparison: A poor man’s Dion Phaneuf.

Jay Bertilsson: Bertilsson is a mobile centerman who exhibits great playmaking skills. He calls Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia home but is headed East this fall to play for the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL. Bertillson posses average size at 5’11” 178lbs. He is most successful when he uses his creativity and awareness to find open teammates but he is also capable of using his skating speed and deking abilities to create space and find open ice. Scouts feel he needs to improve his hockey sense as his mental measurables are lacking. Improving his defensive abilities will also be a key to garnering a top selection by an NHL team. Player comparison: A poor man’s Jason Spezza.

Tig Bitties: A hulking specimen for a 16 year old Tig will patrol the blueline in the WHL for Kelowna’s Rockets this season. At 6’1” 202 pounds Tig is a big obstacle for the opposition in his own end. Scouts note he shows very sound positioning and checking and anticipates the play well in his own end. He has shown a willingness to play the game aggressively but needs to impose his size more frequently by landing hits. In the offensive end Tig has an above average slapshot but needs to improve upon his wrister if he hopes to put up any significant point totals. Furthermore, Tig needs to round out his skating abilities and improve upon his upper body strength. One scout even went as far as to say he looked fat. Player comparison: A smaller, slower Chris Pronger.

Benedikt David: The man with two first names is a tough German winger who has come to North America hoping to entice scouts and earn a spot on an NHL roster. David has good size at 6’1” 185lbs and is built like a brick **** house. He demonstrates tremendous strength, stamina, and compete level which has OHL defensemen losing sleep this summer. Coaches love his work ethic on and off the ice and his play in his own end. He will certainly be a chore for opposing forwards and defensemen as he will suit up for Windsor’s Spitfires in his first OHL season. The 16 year-old’s game could use some improvement as he lacks the raw offensive talent of many of his European counterparts. Player comparison: Brad Boyes.

Thomas Duddy: The 17 year old Austrian has crossed the pond to join the Saint John Sea Dogs this season. Duddy is a naturally gifted winger who plays a well rounded game. His tremendous skating speed allows him to start the rush and makes him a constant threat on breakouts. He also possesses a tremendous selection of shots and is a very capable passer. He needs to round out his mental attributes but looks like a very solid NHL prospect. He is draft eligible this year. Player comparison: A more offensively gifted Ryan Kesler.

Mike Meiler: The largest of the prospects, a 17 year old weighing in at 211 pounds and towering at 6’3” Meiler is a defensive defenseman who is preparing for his Freshman season at Michigan State this year. Meiler uses his frame well and throws thundering hits. He also uses his natural strength and toughness to impede opponents from getting to the net. The Michigan State coaching staff has reportedly been impressed with Meiler’s work ethic and strong character. He is purportedly already growing into a leadership role. Meiler must improve upon his agility and skating speed at the next level to become a more prominent defensive defenseman at the next level. He is draft eligible this year. Player comparison: Brian Campbell with a slower stride and a bigger frame.

Zeleny Pavlicek: Pavlicek is a mobile defenseman from the Czech Republic who plays a solid two way game. The 5’9” 187lb Pavlicek displays superb skating and good creativity. Pavlicek’s work ethic is also very highly regarded in hockey circles. Finally, he possesses good offensive tools, especially his passing which is elite for his age group. His slapshot is also above average for such a young defenseman. In order to catch scouts eyes Pavlicek must improve his hockey sense and stop rooting for the Maple Laughs. Pavlicek will play for Brynas IF of the Swedish Elite League this season, which is remarkable given his young age of 15. He is expected to stay in Europe to develop his game. Player comparison: Duncan Keith.

Adam Sengar: Sengar is a creative centerman and is part of the impressive youth movement coming out of the Western New York area. At 6’0” 200lb Sengar has the size and strength to shield the puck from opposing defenseman. Sengar also has the technical skills to find open teammates and exhibits creative passing abilities. His wrist shot is quite strong for his age and he gets it off quickly. He has all the physical attributes scouts are looking for and plays a strong two way game. Key to Sengar’s success will be improving his hockey sense and thinking the game through more thoroughly. Sengar will play his first season for the Niagara Ice Dogs this season. Player comparison: Henrik Sedin with a slower stride.

Tsuji Taromoto: Taromoto is the most heralded Japanese born prospect the game has ever seen. At 5’11” and 207lbs he has the size to take a pounding in the North American game while he also possesses limitless raw talent. Taromoto is exceptionally shifty and opposing defensemen often note it’s like he’s a ghost. He’s not there one second and then he’s blown through the defense and found the twine. Taromoto employs a deadly combination of elite speed and a very sharp wrist shot to frustrate goaltenders. His game is very well rounded for his age and in combination with an impeccable work ethic the sky is the limit for this prospect. Despite putting up Gretzky like numbers in Asian leagues at such a young age scouts are skeptical as to whether those statistics will carry over to the more physical North American game. Player comparison: A more talented Alexander Frolov.

Ivan Tobochnik: This quirky Russian winger has earned the nickname crazy for a reason. He has been maddeningly inconsistent to this point in his career which can often drive both his coaches and the opposition up a wall at times. At 5’10” and 189lbs he has adequate size but does not impose himself physically on the opposition. Instead he prefers to use his strong skating abilities and impressive speed to evade defenders and apply pressure to goaltenders. He exhibits impressive offensive talents in open ice with above average stickhandling, deking, and creativity. He has also demonstrated a willingness to move the puck to open teammates and create offense. Scouts question whether his game will translate to North America’s smaller ice surface, fear he is incapable and possibly unwilling to handle his defensive responsibilities, and question his compete level. If Tobochnik can do these things however, his upside is limitless and has Ovechkin like tools. Player comparison: A more talented version of Daniel Sedin.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Matt Martin
Generational Poster

Quote:
Hephaestus Axelsen: Axelsen is a smooth passing winger hailing from The Vatican outside of Rome, Italy. He intends to play for MODO of the Swedish Elite League this upcoming season. At first glance it is difficult to overlook Axelsen’s 6ft 3inch 203lb frame, almost unheard of for a 16 year old. As a result Axelsen plays the game with a brand of aggression and physicality unmatched by his 16 year old peers. Axelsen also has a high compete level as he is willing to battle for the puck in the boards, fore checks well, and will go to the tough areas of the ice to score. His physical strength however, may not be his most marketable asset as he possesses a tremendous mind for the game. He carries himself professionally on and off the ice, is an excellent teammate, and anticipates the play exceptionally well for his age. Finally, he has the raw technical skill to score highlight reel goals, find open teammates, and dangle through defenses. He must work on his coverage skills and gap control over the next two years if he hopes to be a top pick in the NHL draft. Also one NHL executive I spoke with is concerned that the devoutly religious Axelsen could give up hockey and take a position in the papacy at anytime. It remains to be seen what impact this has on his draft stock. Axelsen has noted he will play his international hockey for Italy as the Vatican does not currently field a team. Player comparison: Like Danny Heatley with more willingness to impose himself physically.

Well done

Old
06-25-2011, 08:45 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Tsuji Taromoto: Taromoto is the most heralded Japanese born prospect the game has ever seen. At 5’11” and 207lbs he has the size to take a pounding in the North American game while he also possesses limitless raw talent. Taromoto is exceptionally shifty and opposing defensemen often note it’s like he’s a ghost. He’s not there one second and then he’s blown through the defense and found the twine. Taromoto employs a deadly combination of elite speed and a very sharp wrist shot to frustrate goaltenders. His game is very well rounded for his age and in combination with an impeccable work ethic the sky is the limit for this prospect. Despite putting up Gretzky like numbers in Asian leagues at such a young age scouts are skeptical as to whether those statistics will carry over to the more physical North American game. Player comparison: A more talented Alexander Frolov.
Hell yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ellis Problems View Post

Well done
+1. Very nice. And it ties in so nicely with the longstanding HF tradition of listing Popes.

Old
06-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Pajicz

Quote:
Jay Bertilsson: Bertilsson is a mobile centerman who exhibits great playmaking skills. He calls Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia home but is headed East this fall to play for the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL. Bertillson posses average size at 5’11” 178lbs. He is most successful when he uses his creativity and awareness to find open teammates but he is also capable of using his skating speed and deking abilities to create space and find open ice. Scouts feel he needs to improve his hockey sense as his mental measurables are lacking. Improving his defensive abilities will also be a key to garnering a top selection by an NHL team. Player comparison: A poor man’s Jason Spezza.
Nice job, sounds good.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:40 PM
CupWanted
#19 The Future

A quick note about EHM 07. The program I use to simulate these stories does not allow me to start the game in any other time frame than August of 06. I am however using a database compiled at the start of this past season (8/2010). So you can effectively just add 4 years to any date in the game to know what year it would be in real life.

September 8th: Czech 4 Nations U20 Tournament
Sweden U20 defeated the Czech, Finland, and Russian U20 teams to win the Czech 4 Nations U20 tournament.

Zeleny Pavlicek played for the Czech squad on the first defensive pairing alongside Daniel Krejci. In 3 games Pavlicke recorded 3 assists and had an average rating of 9.0. He lead the Czech team in ATOI per game at 26:11 and was the first star in a 5-3 win over Russia. Pretty impressive for a 15 year old.

Meanwhile in the Euro Ice Hockey Challenge team Italy finished 2nd in group A. Sixteen year old phenom Hephaestus Axelsen debuted for the Italian squad in the tournament and played on their top offensive line. In 3 games Axelsen scored 2 goals and had a 7.0 average rating. Axelsen was +2 and had 4 PIM for the tournament while leading Italian forwards in ice time with 22:40 per game. Very impressive for a 16 year old playing against men.

Old
06-26-2011, 12:08 AM
royst

Pavlicek Monster performer!! I'm almost tempted to comment on these recaps pretending to be pierre mcguire. and type like THIS! and have RANDOM! exclamation marks in my conversations, eventually leading to me losing my voice for screaming for no reason

royst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Pajicz

Quote:
Zeleny Pavlicek played for the Czech squad on the first defensive pairing alongside Daniel Krejci. In 3 games Pavlicke recorded 3 assists and had an average rating of 9.0. He lead the Czech team in ATOI per game at 26:11 and was the first star in a 5-3 win over Russia. Pretty impressive for a 15 year old.
That's certainly quite solid performance by a 15-year-old. Future 1st round pick?

Old
06-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

looking good, hopefully this time he's sticking in the NHL.

Old
06-26-2011, 09:21 AM
CupWanted
#19 The Future

10/1/2006 ISS Preliminary Scouting Rankings
1. Sean Couturier LW/C
2. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins C
3. Thomas Duddy C/RW
4. Nathan Beaulieu D
5. Gabriel Landeskog RW/C