HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Devils-Wild (Yes Burns)

Old
06-21-2011, 11:27 PM
BeastoftheEast85

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Really? His deal wasn't good enough for the WILD. Burns is a beast.

And BTW, Parise is the most overrated player in the game. Parise=Burns
Would you say Burns = Toews or Kane?

BeastoftheEast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Devils wont trade Parise to get Burns.

sorry.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 12:40 AM
PuckInTheNards

Burns for the 4th overall makes sense for both teams - new jersey gets better right away and Minnesota gets some high profile talent for the rebuild; however, our ownership won't commit to a full rebuild so that trade won't happen. In all likelihood, we'll end up signing burns long term

PuckInTheNards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:28 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNards View Post
Burns for the 4th overall makes sense for both teams - new jersey gets better right away and Minnesota gets some high profile talent for the rebuild; however, our ownership won't commit to a full rebuild so that trade won't happen. In all likelihood, we'll end up signing burns long term
No actually it doesn't make sense for the Wild. Burns is young, and just reaching his prime...he's the exact type of player to build around for many years to come.

The Wild would prefer to keep him and likely will.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:16 AM
SLNP
Gettin' Sykie wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to SLNP
I said this before:

4th + Tedenby + Zubrus/Rolston

For

Burns + 2nd Rounder (Or whatever their next highest pick other than the 10th is)

For whatever we could get with the 4th Burns fills a need the Devils have at the blueline. I feel under the tutelage of Robinson and Stevens Burns could develop into the the guy we need.

Wild need scoring wingers/forwards, Tedenby is a future top 6 guy and Rolston/Zubrus provide some veteran scoring, Rolston with his big shot or Zubrus with his gritty goals. Plus the Devils dump some salary and the Wild get a top 4 pick.

The catch with this is that Burns would have to guarantee to re-sign with the Devils in order for this trade to happen, otherwise it's not at all good for the Devils.

So am I out of my mind with this?

SLNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:43 AM
Ville82

Only if Larson still there and then NJ wont do it.

Ville82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:19 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

IMO i don't think the value is there for NJ to deal for Burns. I'd say the plus of adding Burns isn't worth the negative of losing Tedenby and the 4th overall. Besides these rumoured "talks" probably aren't substantial. the wild value Burns like we value Parise, which probably means there isn't a reasonable deal to be made

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:27 AM
forthewild

If Devils want Burns its proven coming back and its likely after the draft so the 4th doesn't mean squat.

To those saying Burns= Parise GTFO no seriously Burns is awesome but Parise is something else let me put it this way, if you build a top line in the NHL at center you have Crosby or Datsyuk at wing you have Ovie at other wing you have Parise, yes Parise is that good, don't look at his points look at his complete game, he'll be a 50g guy in his prime maybe more and he will still play a complete game.

So if wild want Parise which they do, its either because they luck out and parise makes it to FA or because they pony up what it would take in assets which would strip the Wild of barely anything.

So in summary, if NJD wants burns they need to pony up proven NHL talent which aside from Parise they don't really have to land burns or overpay to all hell with prospects which they won't, If MN wants Parise say goodbye ot Burns and Granlund and then some and I am a wild die hard fan, Parise won't be cheap.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:29 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhark Attack View Post
IMO i don't think the value is there for NJ to deal for Burns. I'd say the plus of adding Burns isn't worth the negative of losing Tedenby and the 4th overall. Besides these rumoured "talks" probably aren't substantial. the wild value Burns like we value Parise, which probably means there isn't a reasonable deal to be made
pretty much spot on, Wild want to build around Burns and its option one, if he is up for trade just as IF Parise is up for trade, Wild will be asking for an overpayment, there are teams that would want to do it but it won't be NJD.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:50 AM
mnwildfan79

Burns is not overrated, he is a young, proven top pairing D-man that eats minutes and can contribute offense

Parise is not overrated, he is a young, proven elite top line winger

This is HFBoards: picks and prospects are overrated. People value them based on what they MIGHT do, this is very different than young players that actually have done it.

Is there a potential Burns to NJ deal out there that doesn't include Parise? Probably. But any deal that would get done in real life would be considered massive overpayment by HF standards.

mnwildfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:12 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
not sure if this is relevant, but when you're talking about 40 goal scorers etc there seem to be around the same number of those per year than defensemen who can score 15 goals in the last couple of years. From a rarity standpoint they're on par.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:03 AM
AirheadPete

how is burns defensively right now? and how good can he potentially be working with guys like scott stevens and larry robinson?

AirheadPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:12 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
not sure if this is relevant, but when you're talking about 40 goal scorers etc there seem to be around the same number of those per year than defensemen who can score 15 goals in the last couple of years. From a rarity standpoint they're on par.
Exactly. That was my point. Burns is legit threat to score 20 from the blue line every year, is a very good defender and hitter. I think if you took a poll of GMs as to who they would rather have, it would be close.

Toews IMO is on another level than both players and he posseses all of the traits I value in a hockey player. He's one of the most complete players in the game and the main reason the Hawks won the Cup and are a contender.

I think Kane can and will be a 100 PT player, possibly next year. He's one of the most dynamic offensive players in the league and the Hawks are very lucky to have him. Hypothetically, if we had a poor defense, I'd trade him for Burns and the 10th overall.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:15 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
And BTW, Parise is the most overrated player in the game. Parise=Burns
rofl

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:16 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzanimal8 View Post
how is burns defensively right now? and how good can he potentially be working with guys like scott stevens and larry robinson?
He's definitely above average as a defender, but keep in mind he is a converted winger. He makes the odd bad mistake, but if you gave him the kind of instruction the above two could provide, the sky is the limit. As good as he is, there is still untapped potential. This is a guy who could be in the Norris conversation every year on a team like New Jersey.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:29 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

The only different between Toews and Parise is that Toews plays the admittedly more valuable position of center. Other than that, Parise is every bit as good right now. Moving forward, of course, that may change.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 12:15 PM
BeastoftheEast85

Quote:
Exactly. That was my point. Burns is legit threat to score 20 from the blue line every year, is a very good defender and hitter. I think if you took a poll of GMs as to who they would rather have, it would be close.

Toews IMO is on another level than both players and he posseses all of the traits I value in a hockey player. He's one of the most complete players in the game and the main reason the Hawks won the Cup and are a contender.

I think Kane can and will be a 100 PT player, possibly next year. He's one of the most dynamic offensive players in the league and the Hawks are very lucky to have him. Hypothetically, if we had a poor defense, I'd trade him for Burns and the 10th overall.
Lol West Conferance fans undervaluing Parise... Have you seen him play? All 30 gms would 100% take Parise...

Parise is also one of the most complete players in the game, and the main reason the Hawks won the cup was 67 mill in depth. Replace Parise with Toews and the Devs are still out in the first round, and the Hawks still win the cup. You could also say the say thing about the Olympics, except the gold medal game wouldn't even go into OT; it would likely be a blowout.

So you would say Kane is worth Burns and 10th but Parise who has been repeatedly argued to be better then Kane is only = to Burns.... Parise has put up 90+ points with an average center and a 2nd line right winger, while being the best 2 way line in the game.

Go back to posting lopsided trades and bragging that the Hawks won 1 cup in 50 years...

BeastoftheEast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Synthetek

vCash: 408
Send a message via AIM to Synthetek
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Although i'm not sure if NJ wants to keep Parise.
I think you mean Parise doesn't want to be a NJ Devil.

Synthetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetek View Post
I think you mean Parise doesn't want to be a NJ Devil.
sigh, I see another ill informed poster has reared its ugly head in parise discussions

when will it end?

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote