HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - Phi

Old
06-21-2011, 03:11 PM
boomboommax

vCash: 500
Mtl - Phi

MTL gets:

Hartnell

PHI gets:

Tinordi

MTL gets a slightly overpaid top 6 with grit to compliment their 1st line...

PHI gets a big shutdown Dman prospect that should be NHL-ready when (even a bit before) Pronger retires and sheds some salary helping them make room for Bryzgalov...

Open to tweeks obviously... These are the centerpieces though. Fire Away!

boomboommax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 03:17 PM
tuckrr

Id do this so fast it'd be scary...
"slightly" overpaid is an understatement

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Please don't take tuckrr's comments as the whole of the flyers fan base. Hartnell contract is market value. Is he overpaid in the sense it's allot of money for what he brings, sure. But thats what the market gets.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 03:30 PM
boomboommax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Please don't take tuckrr's comments as the whole of the flyers fan base. Hartnell contract is market value. Is he overpaid in the sense it's allot of money for what he brings, sure. But thats what the market gets.
Agreed. I must admit though, he IS a bit overpaid if you consider his production, but the mean streak more than makes up for it...

Old
06-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Halifaxhab*

Despite the fact Hartnell's style is something Montreal needs more of, I'd pass on moving Tinordi for him.

I would try to sign someone like Cole or Laich (if they reach the market). Especially if we are to take on the full cap hit. I'd rather sign a UFA that is similar (with less PIMs) in style for even the same price (hopefully less) without giving up a high end stay at home D prospect.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

The hole left behind if Hartnell left would be huge, but I'm a huge Tinordi fan, so as a Flyer fan I'd probably do it.

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 03:40 PM
boomboommax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Despite the fact Hartnell's style is something Montreal needs more of, I'd pass on moving Tinordi for him.

I would try to sign someone like Cole or Laich (if they reach the market). Especially if we are to take on the full cap hit. I'd rather sign a UFA that is similar (with less PIMs) in style for even the same price (hopefully less) without giving up a high end stay at home D prospect.

I just doubt we'll be able to sign Laich as he is one of a kind in this year's UFA pool... As for Cole, he seems to thrive playing with Staal but not so much with anyone else (see EDM), plus he is a lot older.

I personally think Hartnell brings more to the table than both these guys anyways... Nasty, yet not dirty and able to step up for his teammates. Sweet passing touch and plays right in front of the net.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:42 PM
boomboommax

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderyears View Post
The hole left behind if Hartnell left would be huge, but I'm a huge Tinordi fan, so as a Flyer fan I'd probably do it.
I like Tinordi too, but I feel he will take yet another 2-3 years to be ready and would sacrifice him for a guy like Hartnell, as I think he's exactly what MTL needs right now.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I wouldn't mind getting Hartnell but not at the cost of Tinordi.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 03:49 PM
boomboommax

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I wouldn't mind getting Hartnell but not at the cost of Tinordi.
Tinordi is unproven as of now... Hartnell brings it every game. Gotta give to get!

Plus, I feel like big Dmen of his kind can sometimes emerge out of later round picks as they are often projects anyways... His pedigree makes him a good trading chip, but he is by no means a guaranteed future NHL'er.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:49 PM
jonnybullit4390

How about Leblanc + spacek + Bennett Vs hartnell + carle

That way philly can save 4m and get 2 good prospect and Mtl get two roster player that have some "ballsssss"

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 03:53 PM
hockeyfreak7

I dont like Tinordi. I dont think he'll be anything more than a #6. Hartnell brings a lot more to a team, and he is a sure thing.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 04:01 PM
boomboommax

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I dont like Tinordi. I dont think he'll be anything more than a #6. Hartnell brings a lot more to a team, and he is a sure thing.
We don't know what Tinordi's future holds, but I do agree, that PHI not having to shed some cap space could be on a the loosing end of such a deal... Big young dmen don't always make it to their full potential.

But since you guys DO have to make room for Bryzgalov, I thought Tinordi could be of some interest and perhaps look amazing in a Flyers jersey a few years down the road...

Old
06-21-2011, 04:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboommax View Post
Tinordi is unproven as of now... Hartnell brings it every game. Gotta give to get!

Plus, I feel like big Dmen of his kind can sometimes emerge out of later round picks as they are often projects anyways... His pedigree makes him a good trading chip, but he is by no means a guaranteed future NHL'er.
Of course you have to give to get, but the Habs have taken a hit to the farm system losing several guys to the NHL and they are very very thin on LD prospects, especially physically imposing LD's. On top of that you would be trading someone when his value would be lowered after a disappointing season in the OHL.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Habsland35

as a habs fan id definitely do this

Hartnell is exactly what the habs need...although there are chances that Tinordi does pan out, you have to give to get and seeing as the habs are in a win now mode id do this, also its not like hes a UFA at the end of the year, hes still got a couple of years left on his contract

Habsland35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 04:12 PM
boomboommax

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Of course you have to give to get, but the Habs have taken a hit to the farm system losing several guys to the NHL and they are very very thin on LD prospects, especially physically imposing LD's. On top of that you would be trading someone when his value would be lowered after a disappointing season in the OHL.

There is always a chance we draft this guy who projected as the 17th best prospect in this year draft...

Jamieson Oleksiak
Ht/Wt: 6.07/244 lbs
Position: D

But I wouldn't worry too much about loosing a big guy in the pipes... I'd rather go for a proven commodity.

Old
06-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Clipitar

I don't like this one for the Habs, especially considering the amount of good quality picks that have been traded in the past few years. Hopefully, Habs aren't like the Ferguson Jr. Leafs and compromise their prospect depth for years to come just to get some quick veteran fixes.

Tinordi cost a 1st and a 2nd. Hartnell is not worth a 1st and a 2nd, not at his cap hit and the fact he becomes UFA after next season.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
There is always a chance we draft this guy who projected as the 17th best prospect in this year draft...

Jamieson Oleksiak
Ht/Wt: 6.07/244 lbs
Position: D

But I wouldn't worry too much about loosing a big guy in the pipes... I'd rather go for a proven commodity.
Seriously, I'm glad you're not running the Habs.

Old
06-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Tinordi for Hartnell... done, in a flash from the Habs' POV/my POV. Send the fax, svp.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 04:26 PM
boomboommax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Seriously, I'm glad you're not running the Habs.
Seriously... Mammoths are populating the bottom pairings of NHL teams. Unless you think Tinordi is the second coming of Pronger (which I highly doubt he is), trading him for a guy like Hartnell is not exactly a bad idea. He is a project at this point... A gamble. On the other end, Hartnell is a proven warrior who will give you around .5 PPG and protect your smaller skilled players.

Also...

I do agree that Tinordi's value has gone down a bit after a rocky 1st year in the OHL, but in all honesty, I don't see how it could go back up to being worth a 1st and a 2nd with his skill set... I do think he'll make it to the NHL. Yet, I was a little surprised we gave up a 2nd rounder to draft him, though he was not a reach at his draft position...

Old
06-21-2011, 04:29 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
MTL gets:

Hartnell

PHI gets:

Tinordi

MTL gets a slightly overpaid top 6 with grit to compliment their 1st line...

PHI gets a big shutdown Dman prospect that should be NHL-ready when (even a bit before) Pronger retires and sheds some salary helping them make room for Bryzgalov...

Open to tweeks obviously... These are the centerpieces though. Fire Away!
No way... Hartnell is a second line player at best and wouldn't give up 6'7" prospect.

Maybe....
Habs
Hartnell
Draft Pick/Prospect

---------------

Philly
Tinordi

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Seriously... Mammoths are populating the bottom pairings of NHL teams. Unless you think Tinordi is the second coming of Pronger (which I highly doubt he is), trading him for a guy like Hartnell is not exactly a bad idea. He is a project at this point... A gamble. On the other end, Hartnell is a proven warrior who will give you around .5 PPG and protect your smaller skilled players.

Also...

I do agree that Tinordi's value has gone down a bit after a rocky 1st year in the OHL, but in all honesty, I don't see how it could go back up to being worth a 1st and a 2nd with his skill set... I do think he'll make it to the NHL. Yet, I was a little surprised we gave up a 2nd rounder to draft him, though he was not a reach at his draft position...
You don't trade "gambles" or projects less than a year after trading up to get them. Bad, bad asset management. When a guy is considered a project, it basically means the ones investing in him don't expect him to produce like hell right from the start.

He won't be the next Pronger, but chances are he won't be a bottom-pairing either. I say let him develop and at least see if he gets retained for this year's WJC squad and how he fares in London.

Old
06-21-2011, 04:32 PM
boomboommax

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
No way... Hartnell is a second line player at best and wouldn't give up 6'7" prospect.

Maybe....
Habs
Hartnell
Draft Pick/Prospect

---------------

Philly
Tinordi
I'm not against getting an extra prospect from a Habs POV, but ask any Flyers fan and he'll tell you that Hartnell brings a LOT to the table so I don't see it happening...

Old
06-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Clipitar

Quote:

Maybe....
Habs
Hartnell
Draft Pick/Prospect

---------------

Philly
Tinordi
If Habs could get a pick in the upcoming draft's 2nd round, I would strongly consider it because you'd at least get back some of what you lost in the original investment. Not that I expect Philly to give up both Hartnell and a 2nd rounder (do they even have one?) for a "project".

Old
06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:

Maybe....
Habs
Hartnell
Draft Pick/Prospect

---------------

Philly
Tinordi
No deal.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote