HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Rumors Thread: The Sequel

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2011, 03:01 PM
I May Be Wrong
Could Be Right?

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Is the difference between huberdeau and Rnh so big to warrant this?

Old
06-21-2011, 03:06 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
enough to give up a 2nd, but not more than that for me.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Yeah I think so. RNH has been the consensus best player in the draft for awhile now. He's kinda slight, but his skill level is amazing. Huber's raw skill clearly lags behind RNH' raw skill. Not to mention, RNH is a brilliant skater whereas Huber is just an OK skater.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:09 PM
BabyJagrov

Think I saw it twice on Twitter...

*********** had it... Okay I dislike the guy and the Twitter rumors but since I don't believe the Vokoun one too, I thought I would give this rumor.

But nope, I didn't get it on HF. Doesn't mean it's better you know !

Old
06-21-2011, 03:11 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah I think so. RNH has been the consensus best player in the draft for awhile now. He's kinda slight, but his skill level is amazing. Huber's raw skill clearly lags behind RNH' raw skill. Not to mention, RNH is a brilliant skater whereas Huber is just an OK skater.
For how good RNH will be, I would still try my luck with the 3rd overall, the 33rd and Petrovic...

If it is for some swap of Vokoun rights, or Repik, or Bergfors yeah.

But I don't want to give our prospect depth as soon as we've built it !

Old
06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
For how good RNH will be, I would still try my luck with the 3rd overall, the 33rd and Petrovic...

I agree, I'm just saying that giving up more than just the #33 is warranted is this case. I'm not saying I would gut our prospect pool just to move up to #1. I stated in my 1st post that I specifically would be against that.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Laus723
Future Now

RNH is 6' and 164 lbs? That's not too far off from Kane, but he is taller. How do the two compare?

Youtube video said he's like Sakic and Datsyuk. Soon as I heard Sakic I got nervous because Weiss was compared him. I love Weiss, but we need a guy a lot closer to Sakic and Datsyuk than we do Weiss.

06-21-2011, 03:19 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

What's good about having our insane depth is that we can make moves like this and still be ok. I'm high on Petrovic but we have good high end d-depth in Kulikov and Guds. Garrison should not be left out of the long term picture either. That's half of our squad back there that should be there for a long time. We're probably going to sign a 5 million+ dollar d-man for a few years as well. We're pretty much set on D. Additionally we'll make up those spots with picks this year.

Done deal for me.

Repik and Bergfors are throw in pieces. They have little value.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:19 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
I agree, I'm just saying that giving up more than just the #33 is warranted is this case. I'm not saying I would gut our prospect pool just to move up to #1. I stated in my 1st post that I specifically would be against that.
Sorry man, didn't mean to attack... Caught the discussion going !

Lausy... RNH just oozes something on the ice. Weiss never did some thing like that even in Junior. Stephen was great. RNH isn't that far off Seguin and Hall IMO.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
RNH is 6' and 164 lbs? That's not too far off from Kane, but he is taller. How do the two compare?

Youtube video said he's like Sakic and Datsyuk. Soon as I heard Sakic I got nervous because Weiss was compared him. I love Weiss, but we need a guy a lot closer to Sakic and Datsyuk than we do Weiss.
They compare pretty favorably actually because Kane is a playmaking winger. I would say they look pretty similar on the ice, but at least as far as right now Kane is a much better goalscorer. That's the striking difference, in his draft year Kane showed great sniping abilities including at the WJC, RNH hasn't shown that yet although he does have a good wrist shot.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Hockey News is picking up on it. Apparently, it started from Adrian Dater (of the Denver Post).

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...rall-pick.html

Old
06-21-2011, 03:23 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
What's good about having our insane depth is that we can make moves like this and still be ok. I'm high on Petrovic but we have good high end d-depth in Kulikov and Guds. Garrison should not be left out of the long term picture either. That's half of our squad back there that should be there for a long time. We're probably going to sign a 5 million+ dollar d-man for a few years as well. We're pretty much set on D. Additionally we'll make up those spots with picks this year.

Done deal for me.

Repik and Bergfors aren't throw-ins... They are good assets !

Organizational depth at every level is an invaluable thing. Something we didn't have for years, trading those assets would get us back in the up-middle of the pack IMO. Instead of reaching the top...

Then you bring in the free-agents to fill in some spots !

Just my way of building a team though...

Old
06-21-2011, 03:25 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post

Done deal for me.

I would add Petrovic to a deal as well, even though I really like him a lot.

I just dont think RNH warrants the type of overpayment some think. I CERTAINLY dont think it would warrant our #3 pick, along with Gudbranson or Markstrom, as most Oiler fans think. My thinking is that even though RNH is the consensus top pick in this years draft, it doesnt mean he warrants that type of overpayment, especially considering that he isnt light years ahead of the other top forwards in this draft. Its one thing if we are talking about a Stamkos, AO, or Crosby, but we arent, so Tallon needs to hang up the phone as soon as he hears Tambellini say Gudbranson or Markstrom.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:26 PM
vendetta

vCash: 200
am i the only one who thinks rnh is overrated? i think i would take couts and larson before him. his 5 on 5 production wasnt that great... alot of his points came on the pp. i did see him play a few times this year and he was definitely the best player on the ice and stuck out everytime i saw but i have my doubts

Old
06-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I'd be apprehensive to add Petrovic in a trade, he and RNH play together and would be nice to have two guys familiar to each other.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:29 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandetta View Post
am i the only one who thinks rnh is overrated? i think i would take couts and larson before him. his 5 on 5 production wasnt that great... alot of his points came on the pp. i did see him play a few times this year and he was definitely the best player on the ice and stuck out everytime i saw but i have my doubts
Remember he is from the WHL...

But yeah, RNH really can't fail at this point with his skill-set !

Old
06-21-2011, 03:30 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post

I just dont think RNH warrants the type of overpayment some think. I CERTAINLY dont think it would warrant our #3 pick, along with Gudbranson or Markstrom, as most Oiler fans think. My thinking is that even though RNH is the consensus top pick in this years draft, it doesnt mean he warrants that type of overpayment, especially considering that he isnt light years ahead of the other top forwards in this draft. Its one thing if we are talking about a Stamkos, AO, or Crosby, but we arent, so Tallon needs to hang up the phone as soon as he hears Tambellini say Gudbranson or Markstrom.
i like Petrovic alot and would rather throw in Colby Robak in any deal. he might even be a bit more appealing to some teams looks for some offense and already has a year of AHL exp on his belt.

Old
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

I can't see Vokie signing there from what I/we know of him, although money talks...

Old
RainingRats

Quote:
Repik and Bergfors aren't throw-ins... They are good assets !

Organizational depth at every level is an invaluable thing. Something we didn't have for years, trading those assets would get us back in the up-middle of the pack IMO. Instead of reaching the top...

Then you bring in the free-agents to fill in some spots !

Just my way of building a team though...
Bergfors was traded for a 5th and Dvorak...he's had two 20 goal seasons, Repik has had neither. They have extremely low value.

We're not losing any organizational depth. We have 10 picks this year. We'll be top 5 after this draft

We have 30 million to spend. Free agents WILL be brought in. A reality.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandetta View Post
A lot of his points came on the PP, but he WAS their PP. Red Deer's PP, and their team in general, is nothing without RNH. Everything on their PP ran through him. You also have to give RNH a few points for playing in the WHL where the game is much more physical than the OHL and Q and teams pay more attention to defense.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post

No chance they get #3 and a blue chip prospect. I think #33 and Petrovic is more than fair.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Sorry man, didn't mean to attack... Caught the discussion going !

Lausy... RNH just oozes something on the ice. Weiss never did some thing like that even in Junior. Stephen was great. RNH isn't that far off Seguin and Hall IMO.
thanks man. If that's the case, it works for me then. As I said, I love Weiss, but we need elite players. Weiss is not, but he's a very solid player and I'm glad he's a Panther.

Quote:
They compare pretty favorably actually because Kane is a playmaking winger. I would say they look pretty similar on the ice, but at least as far as right now Kane is a much better goalscorer. That's the striking difference, in his draft year Kane showed great sniping abilities including at the WJC, RNH hasn't shown that yet although he does have a good wrist shot.
Nice! Thanks man. I gathered that he was a playmaker based on his numbers, really hoping he can develop his shot more, but only if he's a Panther. If not, I don't give a...

Old
06-21-2011, 03:33 PM
I May Be Wrong
Could Be Right?

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
The part about Vokoun in talks for trading up, would this not dismantle it?
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...ns-july-1.html

a piece GR is running says that Vokoun pretty much won't make his mind up until FA starts, per his agent, I'd likely bet it's true.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:33 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
I can't see Vokie signing there from what I/we know of him, although money talks...
I find Vokoun's rights to be an odd thing in this trade. Edmonton even with Vokoun is unlikely to be a playoff team next season so why do they want him? I don't think he'll sign there unless it's a huge overpayment. He can go to Tampa or Colorado. Better cities to live in and better teams.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:34 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
The part about Vokoun in talks for trading up, would this not dismantle it?
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...ns-july-1.html

a piece GR is running says that Vokoun pretty much won't make his mind up until FA starts, per his agent, I'd likely bet it's true.
I don't think Vokoun is involved, tbh. It doesn't make much sense. I would be shocked if he was okay with signing there.

Closed Thread