HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - St.Louis

Old
06-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'm glad that you, at least, realize what le Club du Hockey Canadien has in Eller... I've seen a lot of your fellow Habitants express some impatience/dissatisfaction with him.

I would actually consider trading Tarasenko for Eller.
I think most Habs fans were expecting too much from the Dane early last season and ended up disappointed because of his lack of production early on. People were still in love with Halak back then.

I already knew about Eller before he joined the Habs and had been high on him for a while. I know Timmins was as well actually. It was pretty obvious for me, even in his awkward debut that he was a special player with a special set of tools.

I would say that his amazing attitude would be, for me, the deal-breaker in a potential Eller-Tarasenko swap. While I believe the Russian has more high-end offensive upside, Eller seems to be able to bring it all. Apart from Subban, it's been a while I haven't seen a Habs prospect who wants that much to get better and work harder & harder to fulfill his goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1371 View Post
Blues want Palushaj back? Palushaj + Kristo for Schwartz + Della Rovere
In terms of value it's probably ok because I'm really not that high on Della Rovere, and Palushaj + Kristo are Habs's best winger prospects. But Schwartz is easily the player with highest upside in this proposal and I would respectfully decline were I a Blues fan.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 12:11 PM
PietroOshieLo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
In terms of value it's probably ok because I'm really not that high on Della Rovere, and Palushaj + Kristo are Habs's best winger prospects. But Schwartz is easily the player with highest upside in this proposal and I would respectfully decline were I a Blues fan.
The Blues would hella decline

PietroOshieLo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PietroOshieLo View Post
The Blues would hella decline
Oh, I'm not saying otherwise. I just wanted to stress on the fact that Palushaj, and especially Kristo, are much, much better prospects than Della Rovere.

For the Habs to inquire about Schwartz they would have to bring up Leblanc, and to me that's a deal-breaker right there.

Blues have a really interesting group of youngsters (both at the junior and NHL levels). I can't wait to see them come together and become a perennial force. That is bound to happen.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote