HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Travis Hamonic or Luke Schenn in the Future?

View Poll Results: Who would you want in the Future?
Luke Schenn 126 59.15%
Travis Hamonic 87 40.85%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2011, 12:48 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Thats what i wanted you to say, if you have an overall good defense-man how the **** is he not played over Matt Lashoff, Brett Lebda, Francois Beauchemin, Carl Gunnarsson?

Please dont tell me those players are better then Schenn...
because he's better used on PK and ES than PP

seriously, use your head. if you had a guy who is beast defensively and is just as good offensively as the other guys, why would you waste his time on the PP when he can shutdown players and kill penalties

Old
06-22-2011, 12:50 AM
giddy up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
travis hamonic got top minutes playing PP while Schenn didn't. yeah, hamonic played 20 less games, but he got 2x as much total PP time

believe it or not, NYI actually had better goaltending for most of the season than the Leafs did between Montoya, Roloson, and Poulin vs Reimer (goalies from both teams who had >.900 SV%)

NYI also had more goals for than the leafs who led the league in getting shutout for most of the season

Schenn is a better defenseman overall. all of you look at Hamonic's offensive numbers, but that doesn't explain everything. it's sad and hilarious at the same time. Hamonic's play on ice is average at most.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:51 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Hamonic wasn't even on the PP for the first half of the year. Hamonic had 123 total PP mins, Schenn had 80, that doesn't look like double the amount to me. But only on HF can you be criticized for getting PP time and producing.

Reimer was awesome last year, I don't see how the Isles had better goaltending, especially with the worst starter in the league starting almost 30 games. Not sure what this even has to do with this though.

And after watching Hamonic for the entire season, I can tell you his play was much better than average, your just flat out wrong.
yeah, i'm sure he didn't get more PP time because Wiz got traded and the rest of your blueline had injuries

none of your defensemen even had more than 70 games played

Old
06-22-2011, 12:53 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
welp nice comeback. i think i'm done with this thread if all you have are google'd pictures

i mean it was bad enough insult that schenn was getting compared to hamonic

Old
06-22-2011, 12:54 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
yeah, i'm sure he didn't get more PP time because Wiz got traded and the rest of your blueline had injuries

none of your defensemen even had more than 70 games played
Yeah, when did I say anything like that? I said he didn't start getting PP time till the 2nd half, which is true, I posted the total amount of their PP time, and Hamonic didn't have double the amount, like you claimed.

You don't know the first thing about Hamonic, please just stop posting about him, your comment about his play being average was a classic though.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:55 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Yeah, when did I say anything like that?

You don't know the first thing about Hamonic, just stop posting about him.
and you obviously don't know anything about schenn

try watching him then compare him to hamonic. you'd scratch your head like i did

Old
06-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
and you obviously don't know anything about schenn

try watching him then compare him to hamonic. you'd scratch your head like i did
I'm not the one making false claims about Schenn's play, I actually haven't even commented about Schenn's play at all in this thread.

I have nothing against the Leafs or Schenn, I like him as a player, I have no reason to make up **** about Schenn to try and make Hamonic look better.

Old
06-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Lehner

Quote:
travis hamonic got top minutes playing PP while Schenn didn't. yeah, hamonic played 20 less games, but he got 2x as much total PP time

believe it or not, NYI actually had better goaltending for most of the season than the Leafs did between Montoya, Roloson, and Poulin vs Reimer (goalies from both teams who had >.900 SV%)

NYI also had more goals for than the leafs who led the league in getting shutout for most of the season

Schenn is a better defenseman overall. all of you look at Hamonic's offensive numbers, but that doesn't explain everything. it's sad and hilarious at the same time. Hamonic's play on ice is average at most.
Looking into this more, did you even bother looking up the stats?
Toronto(Riemer, Giggy, Monster): .904 SV%
NYI(Montoya, Roloson, Poulin, Dipietro, Lawson, Koskinen) : .902 SV%

Toronto GA: 2.99
NYI GA: 3.15

Toronto GF: 2.6
NYI GF: 2.74

Old
06-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Lehner

Quote:
because he's better used on PK and ES than PP

seriously, use your head. if you had a guy who is beast defensively and is just as good offensively as the other guys, why would you waste his time on the PP when he can shutdown players and kill penalties
If hes just as good offensively as Matt Lashoff, Brett Lebda, Francois Beauchemin, Carl Gunnarsson, how is he an overall good defenseman?

No offense but Matt Lashoff, Brett Lebda, Francois Beauchemin, Carl Gunnarsson are pretty terrible defense and Schenn cant even take there place on the power-play?

Old
06-22-2011, 01:05 AM
giddy up*

Quote:
welp nice comeback. i think i'm done with this thread if all you have are google'd pictures

i mean it was bad enough insult that schenn was getting compared to hamonic
Theres no point in arguing with someone who has an obvious man-crush on Schenn and has never seen Hamonic play.

On a side note, the Islanders would pass on Schenn again if they held the draft right now and pick Hamonic. Not saying Schenn is bad, but thats the truth.

Old
06-22-2011, 01:07 AM
TheNorthFace
The Magician

Wow not getting into this. People need to watch the players and put stats on the backburner. Especially when they talk about young defenceman. You're not going to get half the story just comparing stats when talking about blueliners.

Old
06-22-2011, 01:16 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
If hes just as good offensively as Matt Lashoff, Brett Lebda, Francois Beauchemin, Carl Gunnarsson, how is he an overall good defenseman?

No offense but Matt Lashoff, Brett Lebda, Francois Beauchemin, Carl Gunnarsson are pretty terrible defense and Schenn cant even take there place on the power-play?
you obviously didn't watch the Leafs play because Lashoff, Beauchemin and Gunnarsson aren't terrible defense. if anything, Gunnarsson is going to be a very good defenseman and Lashoff played very few games late in the season when he got called up post-Kaberle trade. Oh and fyi, Beauchemin got traded and we got a blue chip prospect in Gardiner that would probably be better than Hamonic in a couple years

and i already answered your question from what you quoted. try reading my post because i already spelled it out for you to understand

Old
06-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Fairenough

Quote:

All that needs to be said about everything you've said in this thread.

Old
06-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Lehner

Quote:
you obviously didn't watch the Leafs play because Lashoff, Beauchemin and Gunnarsson aren't terrible defense. if anything, Gunnarsson is going to be a very good defenseman and Lashoff played very few games late in the season when he got called up post-Kaberle trade. Oh and fyi, Beauchemin got traded and we got a blue chip prospect in Gardiner that would probably be better than Hamonic in a couple years

and i already answered your question from what you quoted. try reading my post because i already spelled it out for you to understand
Those defense arent very good tho, there 3rd line defense on most teams. I know Beauchemin got traded, but while he was with the leafs he still had more PP time then Schenn. Gardiner has a ways to go before being better then Hamonic, draft position doesnt always matter. Gardiner has a better chance of being a better overall defenseman then Schenn in a couple years tho.

Old
06-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
you'd scratch your head like i did
The only time "head scratching" and "Luke Schenn" fit into the same sentence is when he throws the puck onto the others teams stick like he led the league in doing.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Halakness Monster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Looking into this more, did you even bother looking up the stats?
Toronto(Riemer, Giggy, Monster): .904 SV%
NYI(Montoya, Roloson, Poulin, Dipietro, Lawson, Koskinen) : .902 SV%

Toronto GA: 2.99
NYI GA: 3.15

Toronto GF: 2.6
NYI GF: 2.74
Dude stop, Leaf fans can't take stats proving their arguments wrong. Their is no sense even arguing with them. They're pigheaded stubborn homers who think Reimer is the next Patrick Roy. Keep your one-Dimentional Schenn and well take Hamonics two-way game.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:12 AM
TheNorthFace
The Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
The only time "head scratching" and "Luke Schenn" fit into the same sentence is when he throws the puck onto the others teams stick like he led the league in doing.
Really? Have you looked at who else is in that top ten? Not one bad defenceman. I also don't think it's a coincidence that Kaberle and Beauchemin were also in the top ten for giveaways, as the Leafs were second for most in the whole league. The stat has little correlation with the quality of blueliner any player is.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:15 AM
TheNorthFace
The Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI94wasaFLUKE9 View Post
Dude stop, Leaf fans can't take stats proving their arguments wrong. Their is no sense even arguing with them. They're pigheaded stubborn homers who think Reimer is the next Patrick Roy. Keep your one-Dimentional Schenn and well take Hamonics two-way game.
While stats alone shouldn't be the end all be all when dealing with defenceman. Especially defenceman so young. However 95% of Leaf fans are not like that, we do have some morons though.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Guys, both players are fine young d-men. Way too early to choose between them.

That said, Hamonic is a good Manitoba boy. Hopefully his friends and family are suggesting he come home to play in Winnipeg as soon as he is contractually allowed to.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
Theres no point in arguing with someone who has an obvious man-crush on Schenn and has never seen Hamonic play.

On a side note, the Islanders would pass on Schenn again if they held the draft right now and pick Hamonic. Not saying Schenn is bad, but thats the truth.
And that's one of the many reasons the Islanders are still in the position they are.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
And that's one of the many reasons the Islanders are still in the position they are.
I wouldn't be throwing around insults like that if I was a Leafs fan.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
I wouldn't be throwing around insults like that if I was a Leafs fan.
This entire thread is an insult to Leafs fans.

There isn't anything impressive about Hamonic, nothing stands out.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
This entire thread is an insult to Leafs fans.

There isn't anything impressive about Hamonic, nothing stands out
Such an obvious troll.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Andong Wang

Quote:
schenn being compared to hamonic is kind of sad lol.

if schenn wasn't in the leafs this poll wouldn't even exist. underrated by haters
If Schenn wasn't picked by the Leafs, he'd be the lesser-known commodity...which is the biggest reason he is winning the poll.

According to some Leaf fans, Hamonic is still 5"10 with little offensive potential.

Sorry, but the so-called "gap" between these players is non-existent.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:12 AM
islandersfreak21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Eh, still think its Schenn and won't be close. He doesn't get a lot of credit because he is a defensive D-man, but when he hits his prime people will start to realize. Schenn is going to be an absolute shutdown force. He manhandles the biggest of players now, wait a few years until his game rounds out and he gets some more confidence. Kaberle really helped him and hes a very competent puck mover now.

Absolutely no slight to Hamonic, who will be a fine D-man, but I dont think he is or will be on Schenn's level. There was a reason that Schenn was a top-10 pick and Hamonic was a 2nd rounder. High end potential is definitely in Schenn's favor.
Don't watch the islanders too much?

Closed Thread