HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Top Players (2009-2011)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2011, 06:41 PM
  #1
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,266
vCash: 500
Habs Top Players (2009-2011)

Over the past two seasons.

Forwards:
TOMAS PLEKANEC
Regular Season: GP 159 - G 47 - A 80 - P 127 - +/- 13.
Playoffs: GP 26 - G 6 - A 10 - P 16 - +/- -5


MICHAEL CAMMALLERI
Regular Season: GP 132 - G 45 - A 52 - P 97 - +/- 9
Playoffs: GP 26 - G 16 - A 13 - P 29 +/- -11


BRIAN GIONTA
Regular Season: GP 143 - G 57 - A 35 - P 92 - +/- 6
Playoffs: GP 26 - G 12 - A 8 - P 20 - +/- -12


SCOTT GOMEZ
Regular Season: GP 158 - G 19 - A 78 - P 97 - +/- -14
Playoffs: GP 26 - G 2 - A 16 - P 18 - +/- -12


Defense:
ANDREI MARKOV
Regular Season: GP 52 - G 7 - A 30 - P 37 - +/- 13
Playoffs: GP 8 - G 0 - A 4 - P 4 - +/- -3


ROMAN HAMRLIK
Regular Season: GP 154 - G 11 - A 49 - P 60 - +/- 4
Playoffs: GP 26 - G 0 - A 12 - P 12 - +/- -2


Goalie:
CAREY PRICE
Regular Season: GP 113 - W 51 - L 48 - OT 11 - SV% .912 and .923 - GAA 2.42 - SO 8
Playoffs: GP 11 - W 3 - L 5 - OT 0 - SV% .890 and .934 - GAA 2.81 - SO 1

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 09:19 PM
  #2
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Over the past two seasons.

Forwards:
TOMAS PLEKANEC
Regular Season: GP 159 - G 47 - A 80 - P 127 - +/- 13.
Playoffs: GP 26 - G 6 - A 10 - P 16 - +/- -5


MICHAEL CAMMALLERI
Regular Season: GP 132 - G 45 - A 52 - P 97 - +/- 9
Playoffs: GP 26 - G 16 - A 13 - P 29 +/- -11


BRIAN GIONTA
Regular Season: GP 143 - G 57 - A 35 - P 92 - +/- 6
Playoffs: GP 26 - G 12 - A 8 - P 20 - +/- -12


>> SCOTT GOMEZ <<
>> Regular Season: GP 158 - G 19 - A 78 - P 97 - +/- -14 <<
>> Playoffs: GP 26 - G 2 - A 16 - P 18 - +/- -12 <<


Defense:
ANDREI MARKOV
Regular Season: GP 52 - G 7 - A 30 - P 37 - +/- 13
Playoffs: GP 8 - G 0 - A 4 - P 4 - +/- -3


ROMAN HAMRLIK
Regular Season: GP 154 - G 11 - A 49 - P 60 - +/- 4
Playoffs: GP 26 - G 0 - A 12 - P 12 - +/- -2


Goalie:
CAREY PRICE
Regular Season: GP 113 - W 51 - L 48 - OT 11 - SV% .912 and .923 - GAA 2.42 - SO 8
Playoffs: GP 11 - W 3 - L 5 - OT 0 - SV% .890 and .934 - GAA 2.81 - SO 1
Not that bad after all, its still 0,61 ppg in the reg season and 0,69 ppg in the playoffs (forget about his salary). Hopefully he'll bounce back this year.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:27 AM
  #3
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!
 
TheHabMan43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,955
vCash: 500
Thanks for putting this together.

Man, have I missed Markov.

Since Game 1 (2?) of the Penguins series last year, Markov's played 7 games. Wow.

I really hope he stays healthy next year.

TheHabMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:25 AM
  #4
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
Not that bad after all, its still 0,61 ppg in the reg season and 0,69 ppg in the playoffs (forget about his salary). Hopefully he'll bounce back this year.
.61ppg = 50pts/82 game season... not bad for a cheap/young 2nd line centre, pretty damn terrible for a player paid to be a team leader.


the interesting that jumps out is that Gomez has been almost identical to Gionta in his production...

strange how Gionta doesn't get a fraction of the grief that Gomez does even though he's also been below expectations in terms of his production.

i guess the difference lies in the visible and perceived effort the two players put in. With Gionta, there is no doubt that he's giving his all every shift, and he gets more pts from goals than assists which usually leads to greater fan affection.

with Gomez, the effort isn't there, the production isn't there AND he's massively overpaid, so I guess it does make sense that Gionta escapes the wrath even though both have been underwhelming as habs.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 02:12 AM
  #5
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
.61ppg = 50pts/82 game season... not bad for a cheap/young 2nd line centre, pretty damn terrible for a player paid to be a team leader.


the interesting that jumps out is that Gomez has been almost identical to Gionta in his production...

strange how Gionta doesn't get a fraction of the grief that Gomez does even though he's also been below expectations in terms of his production.

i guess the difference lies in the visible and perceived effort the two players put in. With Gionta, there is no doubt that he's giving his all every shift, and he gets more pts from goals than assists which usually leads to greater fan affection.

with Gomez, the effort isn't there, the production isn't there AND he's massively overpaid, so I guess it does make sense that Gionta escapes the wrath even though both have been underwhelming as habs.
Gionta scores goals, averaging more than 30 per 82 games. A 30/20/50 winger is probably more effective than a 20/30/50 one. With goals being worth more than assists, its easy to say that Gionta has been effectively more productive than Gomez. I'd also attribute the lack of assists to Gomez and Moen being his most common linemates these past years rather than his own deficiencies.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 02:22 AM
  #6
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
That doesn't make sense though. Gomez and Gionta play vastly different styles of play. One is a methodical and single-tempo centermen, the other is a sporadic tempo and instinctual winger. One relies on well timed, well placed laned and good top speed attack. While the other relies on agility, acceleration and opportunity.

Both players put in a lot of effort, its just in a completely different manner.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:27 PM
  #7
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
That doesn't make sense though. Gomez and Gionta play vastly different styles of play. One is a methodical and single-tempo centermen, the other is a sporadic tempo and instinctual winger. One relies on well timed, well placed laned and good top speed attack. While the other relies on agility, acceleration and opportunity.

Both players put in a lot of effort, its just in a completely different manner.
No. Until Gomez is the top scorer on the team, a superstar in the league, and skates around frantically during each shift so that people at home think he is trying, he will be a complete bust.

Jakomyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 09:21 AM
  #8
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
CAREY PRICE
Regular Season: GP 113 - W 51 - L 48 - OT 11 - SV% .912 and .923 - GAA 2.42 - SO 8
Playoffs: GP 11 - W 3 - L 5 - OT 0 - SV% .890 and .934 - GAA 2.81 - SO 1
It must be the morning and I'm tired but

GP 11
W 3
L 5
OT 0

3 + 5 = 8... GP is 11, did he get pulled in 3 games?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:39 PM
  #9
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
It must be the morning and I'm tired but

GP 11
W 3
L 5
OT 0

3 + 5 = 8... GP is 11, did he get pulled in 3 games?
There is something wrong with that stat. He played 4 games in 2009, two or three in the long run, and 7 last year.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:42 PM
  #10
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?
 
dynastyREredux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: All over Canada
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
It must be the morning and I'm tired but

GP 11
W 3
L 5
OT 0

3 + 5 = 8... GP is 11, did he get pulled in 3 games?
Halak was pulled a handful of times which explains more GP than decisions.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:43 PM
  #11
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?
 
dynastyREredux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: All over Canada
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
There is something wrong with that stat. He played 4 games in 2009, two or three in the long run, and 7 last year.
Almost positive he's not counting the 4 games in the 2009 playoffs, it seems to be from October 2009 - 2011

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:44 PM
  #12
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
There is something wrong with that stat. He played 4 games in 2009, two or three in the long run, and 7 last year.
Now I'm questioning the Gomez stats above

I'm only kidding but I have to say I never thought it was a lack of effort from Gomez.

A mix of:
Bad chemistry (nobody to pass to but Gionta = Gio will be covered big time)
Slump (All players have them but with him it's magnified)
Confidence (Was lost when the fans turned and the stats weren't coming around)

With an actual legit healthy line Gomez will be a 60 point guy and will stay with us until the end of his contract.

Do I blame Gomez? Of course he's part of the problem but he isn't the entire problem. When you're against other teams 2nd best line and you're playing with a guy they know can't score and another guy they know who can, being a pure playmaker they'll obviously put more emphasis on you and the scorer, not the grinder known to flub perfect plays etc.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:44 PM
  #13
pine
Registered User
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,987
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
It must be the morning and I'm tired but

GP 11
W 3
L 5
OT 0

3 + 5 = 8... GP is 11, did he get pulled in 3 games?
More like, he replaced He-who-shall-not-be-named, who got pulled in 3 games during the long run.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:45 PM
  #14
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by price131 View Post
Almost positive he's not counting the 4 games in the 2009 playoffs, it seems to be from October 2009 - 2011
Indeed, thanks.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:46 PM
  #15
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
More like, he replaced He-who-shall-not-be-named, who got pulled in 3 games during the long run.
He also started in a game against Washington I am pretty sure.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:55 PM
  #16
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Am I the only one that was hoping for some kind of Sporcle quiz link? Colour me disappointed.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:57 PM
  #17
pine
Registered User
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,987
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
He also started in a game against Washington I am pretty sure.
Yup, but that was included in the 5 losses (with 4 coming this year to the team-that-shall-not-be-named)

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:03 PM
  #18
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
More like, he replaced He-who-shall-not-be-named, who got pulled in 3 games during the long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
Yup, but that was included in the 5 losses (with 4 coming this year to the team-that-shall-not-be-named)

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.