HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

David Rundblad vs. Tim Erixon

Old
06-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
It's gonna be hilarious when he never breaks 25 points then.
His should should help him get about 20 points on the powerplay alone in his rookie year.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
It's gonna be hilarious when he never breaks 25 points then.
Jonathan is exaggerating what we've heard out of the Rangers so far about Erixon...they mainly went on about how solid and mistake free his play can be and how they think he can jump in as a top 4 defenseman.

Since he has a big shot they will likely try him on the PP, but if he can't get it on net or struggles with the puck at the point then he'll be taken off quickly enough.

Obviously we hope he can use his shot effectively on the PP, but we'll see

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:28 AM
azrok22

I find it hilarious that some people are insinuating that Erixon isn't even remotely comparable to Rundblad as a prospect or vastly overrated because he's a Ranger now hilarious.

As you may recall, in March, prior to the Erixon trade, THN's Future Watch, which is compiled using 18 NHL scouts, ranked Erixon as the 15th best prospect in the NHL. Rundblad was ranked the 22nd best prospect.

The gap between them is not that big. Both have their merits.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Levitate

People like big point producers and are willing to overlook large holes in those players games.

The margin of error for guys who don't put up large amounts of points is much smaller, but they often end up being just as important...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:34 AM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Only one poster said that, others don't seem to necessarily agree.
One out of four...it's significant enough to take into consideration.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:38 AM
sanityplease

vCash: 50
Quote:
Duskfamous

So:

Rudblad = Kaberle
Erixon = Lydman
=Kaberle, right, except... Rundblad likes to & can throw big hits, stickhandle, shoot & score...

The ability that DR7 has, can't be taught, simple defensive play can be. Period.

Btw I know of a Swede that rates Rundblad over Erixon, his name is Gabriel Karlsson, from Borlange......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5gGQUcVItc

To the OP, I would take Rundblad over Erixon, thanks for asking.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:40 AM
JimmyPage

Not even in the same Swedish Elite League. DR = Bobby Orr while TE = Brad Marsh. I mean, come one, we are talking Porsche vs Datsun Here. Jessica Alba vs your mothers BFF. And you are lucky I am overrating Erixon.

JimmyPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:43 AM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
I guess I'm not part of the "swedish poster" collective as I don't think that this is such a close comparison that you all seem to agree to. I think Rundblad is a much better player than Erixon and I think he's been atleast a notch above him since they started out in Skellefteå. Erixon might be more well-rounded and defensively safe but he doesn't have half the natural skill Rundblad possesses and he doesn't impact the game nearly as much. I think Rundblad's puck-rushing and turnover abilities that doesn't always result in points is just as important as the score sheet and these qualities will surely pay off big on the small ice surface if nurtured and developed correctly.

I think I might be completely alone on hfboards in thinking that Rundblad's game is actually quite well suited for NHL sized rinks. From what I've read for several years here pretty much _everybody_ who's ever posted about him seem to think the complete opposite and I just don't agree at all.

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:56 AM
sanityplease

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think I might be completely alone on hfboards in thinking that Rundblad's game is actually quite well suited for NHL sized rinks. From what I've read for several years here pretty much _everybody_ who's ever posted about him seem to think the complete opposite and I just don't agree at all.
Karlsson's offensive game wasn't lost in the transition to smaller ice, you could even say it flourished. It's very reasonable to believe that most of DR's won't either & DR is much more physical than EK which can only help.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 11:15 AM
jbeck5

I don't understand why every "pro erixon" poster is saying "look at what the swedish posters are saying" like the swedish posters have any more insight. They COULD have more insight, or they could be like us, and rarely see them play.

It's like a swedish poster thinking i know everything about NHL players cuz i live in north america...When in reality, there is only a couple/one team anyone really follows closely. You have to have no life considering it takes 3 hours to watch one game...and one team has almost 3 games in a week. Watching 2 teams closely would consume 18 hours of your week.

Saying theyre very close because 2 swedish posters said they are is very laughable.

I apologize to all swedish posters. You very well could watch rundblad/erixon play every game, or like us, they could be on a team you're not a fan of, and you only see them a couple times a year therefore don't know more then us north americans.

Saying "im right cuz swedish posters agreed with me" is dumb. How have the swedish posters proven to see them more? They could be fans of different teams and not really watch them much.

jbeck5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Stephen23

David Rundblad in my opinion.

Stephen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 11:21 AM
tony d
The man

Rundblad

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
So:

Rudblad = Kaberle
Erixon = Lydman

Who would you rather have? Depends on your team's need. Rangers need a puck mover to QB the powerplay and Runblad does that, Ottawa has Karlsson, Kuba and Gonchar so it seems they need a shutdown guy like Erixon.
Rundblad is not really like Kaberle. He plays more like PK Subban. In his prime I think he's going to be a much better physical specimen than Kaberle but probably not quite as good a passer.

As far as the rest of your analysis: Kuba blows and the Sens are trying to get rid of him. Gonchar is super old and only has 2 more years on his contract. Plus we have Cowen, Phillips, and Gryba to handle shut-down duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
Oh god, don't rile the Spartans to wave their flags at you. All you're going to hear for the next 50 posts is how Jared Cowen is the next Scott Stevens and Patrick Wiercoch is the next Chris Pronger and how Erik Karlsson will play defense at some point and how their defense is the best young defense in the game in spite of both NYR and NSH.

The difference between the Sens/Swedes here is utterly hilarious, by the way. All the Sens are like RUNDBLAD NO QUESTIONS RAAAAARRR and the Swedes are like "Actually...."
And I'm sure you'd have the same position if Erixon was still on the Flames.

Interesting that you list NYR first (in front of NSH, lol) and fail to mention, for example, LA's young D, which is also better than ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I love that the Sens fans in this thread continue spouting this insane overrating even in the face of Swedish posters who continue to tell them that it's about as close as can be. Hilarious!
Um, svartgul is a Swedish poster.

Last edited by Asquaredx2: 06-22-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Manny*

Is it wrong if I say Rundblad?

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:32 PM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

I'm happy with Rundblad

The Latvian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:37 PM
skroob**

The HFformula holds true: Prospect + Rangers = lower value.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Jorec

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
Because the Rangers are the only team that has their prospects undervalued right?

Personally, I haven't seen either play, ever, so I can't really comment on who will be better. I'm hoping that they'll both be up in the NHL next year and we can actually get a look at them based on something other then stats and second hand accounts from our Swedish posters.

Jorec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:53 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
Probably bit of a reflexive response after watching hyped Rangers prospects/signings fail for much of the last decade.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:57 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Yeah...or it's legit and the world's actually not out to get you. Rundblad just won the SEL's version of the Norris, Erixon did not. That's not to say Erixon's not a great prospect, it's to say that Rundblad is currently the reigning SEL D-man of the year and scored the 3rd most points by a D-man in history. Perhaps he actually is the better prospect (I know, it's a crazy idea!).

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:02 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
I find it hilarious that some people are insinuating that Erixon isn't even remotely comparable to Rundblad as a prospect or vastly overrated because he's a Ranger now hilarious.

As you may recall, in March, prior to the Erixon trade, THN's Future Watch, which is compiled using 18 NHL scouts, ranked Erixon as the 15th best prospect in the NHL. Rundblad was ranked the 22nd best prospect.

The gap between them is not that big. Both have their merits.
What do you mean "now that he's a Ranger"?

He wasn't even ranked in the top 50 prospects on HF when he was still a Flame. He has never gotten the respect he deserves here.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:11 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorec View Post
Because the Rangers are the only team that has their prospects undervalued right?

Personally, I haven't seen either play, ever, so I can't really comment on who will be better. I'm hoping that they'll both be up in the NHL next year and we can actually get a look at them based on something other then stats and second hand accounts from our Swedish posters.
Holy ****, how does someone with so much reason have so few posts? Kudos. Maybe if you start posting more you'll rub off on some of your Senator posting friends.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:26 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Holy ****, how does someone with so much reason have so few posts? Kudos. Maybe if you start posting more you'll rub off on some of your Senator posting friends.
Both fanbases have their fair share of idiots. Neither said can say that they are better then the others.

Old
06-22-2011, 02:38 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
That's very well and fine, but he's a world away from Rundblad's offensive potential - and that's what I want on my team right now.
No he's not.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Weide

vCash: 656
I personally would take Erixon.
Rundblad has more skill, but he isn't very good in is own zone. He also has problems when under pressure by forecheckers and tend to make misstakes. I think he will have problems adapting to the NHL game.

Weide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 03:02 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
No he's not.
Jesus...there's no argument there, you must be right.

Nevermind the black and white of it all - that they were on the same team - and Rundblad outscored him 2-1. But yeah...Erixon's right there with DR7, right there. I expect nothing less than 50 points a year from Timmy.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...023482011.html

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote