HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2011, 04:41 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Looks like it's official, another outdoor game for Mac Bennett as Michigan will face Ohio State (Hunter Bishop's previous team) in Jan. Greg Pateryn did not play in last year's game which holds the record for the largest attendance for a hockey game ever.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...081111aab.html

Old
08-11-2011, 04:47 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Sooo anyone knows where and when I can follow/watch SEL and Czech league games? Now I have a reason to watch them because of Nygren and Pribyl

Old
08-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
If we selected him at our original 1st round position. I would be fine with the pick.

My pick would've been Evgeni Kuznetsov. A dynamic offensive player who has showed clutch scoring instincts at the WJC's.
You'd be the first one to whine had we drafted him and he decided to stay at home for the big KHL dollars.

Old
08-11-2011, 06:45 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You'd be the first one to whine had we drafted him and he decided to stay at home for the big KHL dollars.
I don't agree with WTK all the time, but I gotta give him that, he would of been the last to complain about that.

Old
08-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
If we selected him at our original 1st round position. I would be fine with the pick.

My pick would've been Evgeni Kuznetsov. A dynamic offensive player who has showed clutch scoring instincts at the WJC's.
If Tinordi reached his potential, everybody will be happy. I mean, if Gill would be more physical and be a better skater, he'd be awesome and his value around the league would be quite high. Tinordi could be that player...

Old
08-11-2011, 07:20 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
If Tinordi reached his potential, everybody will be happy. I mean, if Gill would be more physical and be a better skater, he'd be awesome and his value around the league would be quite high. Tinordi could be that player...
Exactly. Only a handful of players are Tinordi's size and even less skate as well as he does. Gill is still effective in the "new NHL" despite his skating.

Old
08-11-2011, 08:11 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
No, I'd criticize the organization for not doing their due dilligence on the player before selecting him in the first round.

Old
08-12-2011, 03:06 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:

The problem though, is that at our position Tinordi wouldn't have been there. The Sabres, the Canucks and the Caps had interest in the kid. They clearly targetted Jarred. He was their guy. It might bite us in the arse but the jury is still out. Personally, I wouldn't cry if we had a 6'7 Behemoth feared by any player. We could retaliate to Chara

Old
08-12-2011, 05:08 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
The problem though, is that at our position Tinordi wouldn't have been there. The Sabres, the Canucks and the Caps had interest in the kid. They clearly targetted Jarred. He was their guy. It might bite us in the arse but the jury is still out. Personally, I wouldn't cry if we had a 6'7 Behemoth feared by any player. We could retaliate to Chara
No ... we couldnt ... as much as I hate him ... Chara is a physical beast

Old
08-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
No ... we couldnt ... as much as I hate him ... Chara is a physical beast
Lindros was a physical beast too and look awhat happened to him. I think Karma will have a way of getting Chara back.

Old
08-16-2011, 11:40 AM
katatoniak

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...8_section_POS2

Leblanc's shoulder is getting better. He skates and he can make some shots.

Old
08-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...8_section_POS2

Leblanc's shoulder is getting better. He skates and he can make some shots.
Glad he is doing good, no need for him to rush at the Habs camp, he ain't making the team this year. Heal properly

Old
08-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
The problem though, is that at our position Tinordi wouldn't have been there. The Sabres, the Canucks and the Caps had interest in the kid. They clearly targetted Jarred. He was their guy.
I'm curious to know where you got this info? I've only seen the Canucks mentioned as having interest, although it seemed to be more speculation than rumour...

Old
08-16-2011, 04:04 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I'm curious to know where you got this info? I've only seen the Canucks mentioned as having interest, although it seemed to be more speculation than rumour...
Mark Tinordi wanted his son to be drafted by the Caps. Jarred went to their private camp. Canucks traded their 1st after the habs picked Tinordi, because if Jarred would still have been there at their pick, they would have traded their 2011 1st round pick instead in the ballard trade. The Sabres were rumored to be interested by Tinordi. They also picked a Defenseman right after we picked Jarred.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 08-17-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old
08-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Ubercron9000

Tinordi will make the nhl. He was a safe pick. I think they thought he would become a top defensive d. If he can put up points then it will be a plus.

Old
08-17-2011, 12:33 PM
S Bah

Tinordi,Beaulieu,Yemelin,Diaz sounds like a pretty good bunch of defence prospects to join with Subban,Weber,Gorges and Markov the future looks bright indeed.

Old
08-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Tinordi,Beaulieu,Yemelin,Diaz sounds like a pretty good bunch of defence prospects to join with Subban,Weber,Gorges and Markov the future looks bright indeed.
Damn right, and with Price in nets you can bet scoring against the Habs in a couple of years will not be an easy thing!

Old
08-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Noticed in the paper Archambault was traded to the Voltigeurs, that should be very good for his junior career. I was sure he was still with Val D'or, didn't know he got traded

Old
08-22-2011, 01:28 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Noticed in the paper Archambault was traded to the Voltigeurs, that should be very good for his junior career. I was sure he was still with Val D'or, didn't know he got traded
he was already a voltigeur when he got drafted by the habs

Old
08-22-2011, 02:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I can't view twitter at work but North Dakota fans are saying there's a rumor that Danny Kristo might not return.

http://twitter.com/HockeynIce

Old
08-22-2011, 02:35 PM
katatoniak

What's better for him ? WCHA or AHL ?

Old
08-22-2011, 02:41 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
What's better for him ? WCHA or AHL ?
That's a tough one. I thought he would have turned pro this summer but heard that he wanted to return to try and win a national title since they came so close last season. North Dakota should have one of the top defense/goaltending in the WCHA, but they are going to have lots of question marks up front and will have a bunch of Freshman forwards on the team including our own Mark MacMillan. If Kristo goes back to North Dakota he will get a ton of ice time, likely on the top line (he was used more on the 2nd and 3rd lines last year) and of course he'll be back on the top PP unit since he's been there the past two seasons on the point.

That said I like the idea of him in Hamilton, would be interesting to have him and his former teammate Leblanc as rookies since they could help each other. But I'd be surprised if Kristo left North Dakota now, since they are close to hitting the ice for captains practices and ND won't be able to replace him this late so it would be a crushing blow to the team.

Old
08-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
That's a tough one. I thought he would have turned pro this summer but heard that he wanted to return to try and win a national title since they came so close last season. North Dakota should have one of the top defense/goaltending in the WCHA, but they are going to have lots of question marks up front and will have a bunch of Freshman forwards on the team including our own Mark MacMillan. If Kristo goes back to North Dakota he will get a ton of ice time, likely on the top line (he was used more on the 2nd and 3rd lines last year) and of course he'll be back on the top PP unit since he's been there the past two seasons on the point.

That said I like the idea of him in Hamilton, would be interesting to have him and his former teammate Leblanc as rookies since they could help each other. But I'd be surprised if Kristo left North Dakota now, since they are close to hitting the ice for captains practices and ND won't be able to replace him this late so it would be a crushing blow to the team.
The sooner Kristo gets to the AHL the better for his development and the Habs.

Old
08-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
The sooner Kristo gets to the AHL the better for his development and the Habs.
Well, considering he'd probably get MUCH more ice time this season in the WHCA, I'm going to disagree here.

2012-2013 alright, but I think it makes much more sense for another season at North Dakota.

Old
08-22-2011, 02:48 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Horrible news. He needs more minutes in a minor league. If it's true, I really hope he can play with a contending OHL team.

Closed Thread