HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
The sooner Kristo gets to the AHL the better for his development and the Habs.
Seems like forever he was drafted. Like I said with Leblanc, what ever is best for him and the Habs in the long run

Old
08-22-2011, 03:51 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I can't view twitter at work but North Dakota fans are saying there's a rumor that Danny Kristo might not return.

http://twitter.com/HockeynIce
Original tweet:

HockeynIce Insidejob
@ryan_s_clark @UWChuckSchwartz Hearing Kristo wont be back.

Follow up:

ryan_s_clark Ryan S. Clark
@postthepost I spoke with someone who said Kristo leaving is just a bad rumor. @hockeynice @UWChuckSchwartz

Ryan S. Clark is the USHL beat writer based in and around Minnesota and North Dakota so I'd say he's pretty legit.

Old
08-22-2011, 03:56 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Horrible news. He needs more minutes in a minor league. If it's true, I really hope he can play with a contending OHL team.
Born in 1990, one year too old for junior.

Old
08-22-2011, 03:57 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Horrible news. He needs more minutes in a minor league. If it's true, I really hope he can play with a contending OHL team.
He's too old for the OHL.

Old
08-22-2011, 05:42 PM
S Bah

Quote:
He's too old for the OHL.
It would be better for his development to join Hamilton this season.College and the CHL can't help prepare him for the rigors of the NHL like 1or2 years in the AHL.Playing with and against pros is the best way for Kristo to redefine his game for a future with the Habs.

Old
08-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It would be better for his development to join Hamilton this season.College and the CHL can't help prepare him for the rigors of the NHL like 1or2 years in the AHL.Playing with and against pros is the best way for Kristo to redefine his game for a future with the Habs.
Play 4 minutes for 30 games in the AHL or 1st line+PP duties in the WHCA?

I choose WHCA. He'll get to the AHL in 12-13.

Old
08-23-2011, 12:32 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

http://twitter.com/#!/MarkKristo/sta...25289636032512

Quote:
Mark Kristo
Setting the brutal rumour mill straight! Danny is back at UND and jacked for the season to start!

Habs Prospects website
Old
08-23-2011, 09:48 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I would have said Hamilton would be better for him, but not a few weeks before the season starts as management has already filled the roster. With wingers like Palushaj, Trotter, Willsie, Avtsin, Dumont, Berger, Conboy, adding Kristo would make it very crowded. Granted I'm sure they could figure something out, but it would be at the cost of another players ice time.

Old
08-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

If he had a big year I would have wanted in Hamilton, but he had off ice issues before and during the season and he didn't play up to potential. Give him another year to tear it up then sign him.

Old
08-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If he had a big year I would have wanted in Hamilton, but he had off ice issues before and during the season and he didn't play up to potential. Give him another year to tear it up then sign him.
About what issues are you talking about ? health ?

Old
08-23-2011, 05:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
About what issues are you talking about ? health ?
He was suspended one game in the preseason for underage drinking. Then during the season he got frostbite that cost him a month of the season.

Old
08-24-2011, 12:58 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

John Westin will play for Sweden in a 4 game practice tourny (not really sure what to call it) He won't make Sweden's U-20 team (Well, very unlikely), but it's at least a little promising that he's still on Sweden's radar despite missing all of last year with a broken arm.

Old
08-24-2011, 11:02 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
John Westin will play for Sweden in a 4 game practice tourny (not really sure what to call it) He won't make Sweden's U-20 team (Well, very unlikely), but it's at least a little promising that he's still on Sweden's radar despite missing all of last year with a broken arm.
Do you have a link for this, I know that preseason has started for the J-20 league, so I wanted to make sure it's not that as Modo has started their preseason as well.

He didn't miss all of last year, he missed most but was still able to get back in time to get some games in with the J-20 and even his first ever SEL game.

Old
08-24-2011, 11:17 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Do you have a link for this, I know that preseason has started for the J-20 league, so I wanted to make sure it's not that as Modo has started their preseason as well.

He didn't miss all of last year, he missed most but was still able to get back in time to get some games in with the J-20 and even his first ever SEL game.
From the prospect board, post #857:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=820239&page=35

Old
08-24-2011, 11:53 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
From the prospect board, post #857:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=820239&page=35
thanks. good to see him at the 4 nations tournament. I'm hoping he can get some more games in with Modo, it appears they aren't going to have a very strong team from the early predictions, so if he can get some games in as a 19 year old that should be good for him going forward.

Old
08-25-2011, 11:02 PM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

QMJHL Preseason Action:

Only preseason but still fun to follow.

Olivier Archambeault notched 2 goals and an assist in Aug 19th action Vs. Blainville-Broisbriand.

Michael Bournival scored 1 goal and added 1 assist in Aug 21st action Vs. Victoriaville.

Cape Breton, Shawinigan, and Drummondville all play Friday night.

Saint John plays Saturday.

Tune into the QMJHL website for updates.

Old
08-26-2011, 11:21 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Darren Dietz - Dietz was drafted by Montreal this past June and I've heard the stories about how the franchise absolutely LOVES him and his game. He has flat out been the most impressive player so far at camp. Last year he was primarily a defensive guy, with some underlying offensive skills. So far at camp he's showing he's ready to take that jump forward in his game. He's rushed the puck a ton, made a few nice passes and a ton of sick dekes. He actually scored 5 goals in 2 scrimmage games today. He's also put on 5-10 pounds of pure muscle since last year and it shows. With his grit and defensive prowess already and a growing offensive game, Hab fans are going to be blown away when they see him at rookie or training camp in Montreal.
http://whl-from-above.blogspot.com/2...on-blades.html

Old
08-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants19 View Post
QMJHL Preseason Action:

Only preseason but still fun to follow.

Olivier Archambeault notched 2 goals and an assist in Aug 19th action Vs. Blainville-Broisbriand.

Michael Bournival scored 1 goal and added 1 assist in Aug 21st action Vs. Victoriaville.

Cape Breton, Shawinigan, and Drummondville all play Friday night.

Saint John plays Saturday.

Tune into the QMJHL website for updates.
Some stats from the night,

Morgan Ellis got a goal for Cape Breton

Nothing for Archambault and Bournival

Old
08-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Something tells me that Darren Dietz doesn't like the 26th position he's been giving in the Prospect voting thread....

Old
08-27-2011, 12:41 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Thanks for posting my link.

I was just about to come over here and post about Dietz. You guys are seriously going to get a good look at him at camp.

He was a late bloomer, hell, he hardly made the Blades last year as a number 5-6 defenseman. He answered those questions with one of the best work ethic's I have ever seen. Not only that, but he is the most genuine guy around. Impossible not to like him.

With the Blades losing Stefan Elliott this season, the top offensive defenseman role is basically open between Dietz, Siemens and Connor Cox (an undersized 19 year old puck mover).

I had a feeling that Dietz would be a first pairing PP guy this year, but he has absolutely stolen that role so far at camp. He actually has made some moves that look like Stefan Elliott so far at camp.

In one of his 5 GOALS HE SCORED TODAY, he grabbed the puck at the blueline, cut towards the middle, head-faked around a defender and then went bar down on the goalie. A perfect move and a perfect shot. It's something he never could have accomplished last season.

I hope he shows he can keep this type of play up. At this point in time, he's looking more like a 2nd rounder compared to the 5th round where he was drafted.

Old
08-27-2011, 02:11 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Thanks for posting my link.
Thanks for the comments! And the nice blog.

Question for you, and apologies if you've posted this elsewhere that I haven't seen: how's Dietz's skating? His skating with the puck? Lateral movement? Can he move the puck quickly at ES, when forecheckers are bearing down on him, or is he more inclined to bank the puck off the glass to get the puck out of the zone as soon as possible? Essentially, I'm curious about his decision making and hockey sense in addition to his athleticism (skating).

Old
08-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Prospector

Woww good to hear about Dietz.. I do not know why, but I have a good feeling about this kid... He was good during the latter part of last season and it looks like it is carrying through this season.

Old
08-27-2011, 12:06 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

I don't want to brag but..

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=132

Actually, I do want to brag

Old
08-27-2011, 02:45 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Thanks for the comments! And the nice blog.

Question for you, and apologies if you've posted this elsewhere that I haven't seen: how's Dietz's skating? His skating with the puck? Lateral movement? Can he move the puck quickly at ES, when forecheckers are bearing down on him, or is he more inclined to bank the puck off the glass to get the puck out of the zone as soon as possible? Essentially, I'm curious about his decision making and hockey sense in addition to his athleticism (skating).
His skating is fine. He still could use a bit more jump overall, like most players. He's definitely not the prettiest skater out there, but he's definitely not weak in that area of his game.

His lateral movement and overall mobility is fine for a guy with his height and weight.

He's a quick decision maker and thinks the game very well. Can make a quick hard transition pass quite well and also isn't afraid to join a rush that he started.

He really adapts well to pressure. He processes the game well enough that he knows when to dump the puck out, when to make a quick pass and when to hold on and outwait the onrushing defender.

Old
08-27-2011, 04:00 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
His skating is fine. He still could use a bit more jump overall, like most players. He's definitely not the prettiest skater out there, but he's definitely not weak in that area of his game.

His lateral movement and overall mobility is fine for a guy with his height and weight.

He's a quick decision maker and thinks the game very well. Can make a quick hard transition pass quite well and also isn't afraid to join a rush that he started.

He really adapts well to pressure. He processes the game well enough that he knows when to dump the puck out, when to make a quick pass and when to hold on and outwait the onrushing defender.
Sounds like he should've been picked early in the 2nd round. I know you're a huge fan of the W boys, but I trust your judgment and I've heard good things about him from others as well.

Closed Thread