HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Nice video thanks Whitesnake,good to see them win tonight.Kristo is going to be a great 2nd round pick.Looking forward to seeing him play for the Habs soon.
The guy is transforming his game slowly and surely. This guy DOES NOT play his senior year over there. I'l be pissed off as hell if he does.

Old
10-30-2011, 01:03 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

MacMillan goal from tonight

Old
10-30-2011, 01:21 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The guy is transforming his game slowly and surely. This guy DOES NOT play his senior year over there. I'l be pissed off as hell if he does.
My major worry is that somehow the Habs don't sign him on time.I read a post that he could become a UFA somehow.Blake Wheeler did that to Phoenix and signed with Boston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
MacMillan goal from tonight

Nice goal I thought Blood shot it,I couldn't see the deflection by McMillan.I wonder is Ben Blood drafted already.Looking again wow he's got great eye-hand co-ordination.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:05 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
My major worry is that somehow the Habs don't sign him on time.I read a post that he could become a UFA somehow.Blake Wheeler did that to Phoenix and signed with Boston.
It's not really the team missing the deadline to sign the player but the player deciding he won't sign with his drafting team and turning pro before his senior year by making the team lose his rights 4 years after being drafted instead of 5 years if he would have played his senior year.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:19 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
It's not really the team missing the deadline to sign the player but the player deciding he won't sign with his drafting team and turning pro before his senior year by making the team lose his rights 4 years after being drafted instead of 5 years if he would have played his senior year.
Thanks for explaining how that works,when I stopped and thought about Leblanc and Kristo playing together in the USHL.Most likely he's looking forward to playing with Leblanc again,anyway I hope he signs early this summer.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:56 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
Does anyone have any information on Dustin Walsh? He had two assists in his first game back, he has decent size and it looks like he put up decent numbers in what I've heard is a tough league.
I've seen him a several times, I used to have a season webpass to their home games, he's tall but as of last season he was still on the skinny side, needs to fill out more and get stronger. Has nice hands but in talking with Dartmouth fans they want him to be more consistent with his production. Didn't get to see the Ivy Shootout tournament (to kick off the season) but I should see him play again at some point this year.

The ECAC is the 4th ranked conference in the NCAA, as the best is usually considered to be the WCHA (Kristo, MacMillan, Didier, Kishel) as the WCHA often has the most NHL draft picks compared to the rest of the NCAA. The CCHA and Hockey East are the next best by a good bit as they both have powerhouse programs like Michigan, BC, BU, and lately Notre Dame, Miami Ohio have seen big improvements over the years. The ECAC is usually considered the weaker due to easier schedule and the Ivy league teams play less games. The Atlantic Conference would be at the bottom of the NCAA unless you count the indepent team Alabama Huntsville, but they are dropping their program after this season down to club level (that's below Division III).

After next season though, there's going to be a major shakeup in the conferences so it will be interesting to see how things change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Magnus Nygren with one assist today, his 5+4 in 17 games places him in third place in scoring for d-men in SEL.
Glad to see him continue to put points on the board.

Quote:
Is it solely how it's written or did Didier now on the 2nd pairing and not #7 d-man anymore? That would be awesome news for the kid.
It's my understanding that DU changed all their lines and D pairings after the embarrassing loss on Friday to Tech (who seem to be a much different team under their new head coach) So I don't know if he saw extra ice time or not, I should get to see him here and ther as DU is on tv every so often.

I did watch both ND games, Kristo played well but they just couldn't score at all on Friday. His linemate Corban Knight had 10 shots on goal but couldn't score, the PP had 20 shots on goal in 7 tries and no goals. The same thing happened to them last week, I believe it was 45 shots on goal but couldn't get it go in. Kristo must be around 40 shots on goal this year, I think he was at 29 going into the weekend.

MacMillan continues to look good speeding around the ice. ND plays at Minnesota next weekend, those games are usually entertaining as neither side seems to like each other very much. Not uncommon for at least one or two players to get kicked out of the game or so it seems. At least Dell played better on Saturday, hasn't been a very good start for him or ND.

Quote:
I'd be very surprised if he returned for his Senior year, he's getting high praise from his coach for his all round game and he's looked like one of the best players in the NCAA so far this year. Must have somewhere around 40 shots on goal this year already. ND faces Minnesota next weekend, got several road games coming up, going to be tough for them although Dell finally had a strong game.

Quote:
#77 with no name on the jersey
Thanks for the clips, nice to see him in action. Looking forward to seeing him at the wjc's.

Old
11-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Looks like Tinordi is expected back on Friday.

http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/2...yakupov-sting/

Old
11-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I'm CLEARLY not a CBA guru, but while you don't have to give a contract to our college players could you keep their rights for 4 years and all....could you still give, for example, Kristo a contract right away and keep him in ND this year? Just for the idea of letting the guy know that he's in your plans for next year, to give the kid some breathing room and all.....

Old
11-01-2011, 12:34 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
I'm CLEARLY not a CBA guru, but while you don't have to give a contract to our college players could you keep their rights for 4 years and all....could you still give, for example, Kristo a contract right away and keep him in ND this year? Just for the idea of letting the guy know that he's in your plans for next year, to give the kid some breathing room and all.....
Nope. He's considered a professional as soon as he signs a contract and would be "banned" from NCAA competition.

Old
11-01-2011, 12:49 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
Looks like Tinordi is expected back on Friday.

http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/2...yakupov-sting/
Good news

Old
11-01-2011, 01:41 PM
MarkovsKnee

It looks like Mac Bennett is going to blow by his scoring marks of last year. He's already at 7 pts (all assists) in 8 games. He had 12 pts last year in 32 games.

Does anybody on here watch UOM games? He's only 19, so is he good enough to be considered for the US Jr. team? I'm curious how he's developing since he seems to be breaking out in only his second year.

Old
11-01-2011, 01:44 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
It looks like Mac Bennett is going to blow by his scoring marks of last year. He's already at 7 pts (all assists) in 8 games. He had 12 pts last year in 32 games.

Does anybody on here watch UOM games? He's only 19, so is he good enough to be considered for the US Jr. team? I'm curious how he's developing since he seems to be breaking out in only his second year.
He's 20. Too old.

Old
11-01-2011, 01:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post

He turned 20 last March as he's not a true Freshman. So far in his NCAA career he's got 19 points in 40 games and is a +20. I will get to see him and Pateryn this weekend, lots of NCAA games on tv as I'll get to see Bennett/Pateryn, Kristo/MacMillan and Dider vs Kishel.

Old
11-01-2011, 03:28 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He turned 20 last March as he's not a true Freshman. So far in his NCAA career he's got 19 points in 40 games and is a +20. I will get to see him and Pateryn this weekend, lots of NCAA games on tv as I'll get to see Bennett/Pateryn, Kristo/MacMillan and Dider vs Kishel.
On which channels do you get the NCAA games? Are you with videotron? Do you live in Quebec?

Old
11-01-2011, 03:31 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
On which channels do you get the NCAA games? Are you with videotron? Do you live in Quebec?
USA, obviously.

Old
11-01-2011, 03:37 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
USA, obviously.
Yeah, I tought about it when I wrote my post.

Old
11-01-2011, 04:05 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
I live outside of Philadelphia for now. I have a college sports package with comcast so I get a lot of NCAA games on tv. North Dakota is on tv a lot, I've only missed one game so far, but other smaller schools like Northeastern (Quailer) aren't on tv very much at all (unless you get NSEN in the boston area).

Old
11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Loving our prospect depth right now. Couple of blue chippers in my opion with Beaulieu and Gallagher. Then we have some very promising guys like Tinordi, Kristo, Ellis, Bournival, MacMillan, Dietz. Who knows, maybe Bennett is up there too. Good job Timmins and co.

Old
11-01-2011, 05:35 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Loving our prospect depth right now. Couple of blue chippers in my opion with Beaulieu and Gallagher. Then we have some very promising guys like Tinordi, Kristo, Ellis, Bournival, MacMillan, Dietz. Who knows, maybe Bennett is up there too. Good job Timmins and co.
Bennett is easily one of our top D prospects behind Beaulieu and Tinordi, he needs to fill out a bit but he's got good wheels, likes to rush the puck up ice, good at both ends of the ice. He's playing on the top D pairing as a sophmore for a team that was the #1 rated team in the NCAA (I think they dropped to 3rd or 4th in yesterdays rankings)

Old
11-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
LeBlanc is more of a blue chipper than Gallagher.

Old
11-01-2011, 05:56 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I was at the Drummondville vs. Rouyn-Noranda game this weekend. I've seen Archambault for the first time live. He didn't impressed me really in that game. He has some really solid skills though. I just don't really like the kind of game that he plays. I won't base my opinion on a single viewing but if I were to, I'd say that he's not a future NHLer. He doesn't have the kind of skills to play in the top6 and doesn't have the intangibles to play on the bottom 6. Still, he has obvious skills and who knows how he'll develop...

As for the 2012 potential draftees, I've taken a look at Kamaev, Fournier and Leclerc.

Kamaev was absolutely invisible in that game. He looks like a good skater but he didn't find a way to find the open spaces on the ice and was painfully ineffective. I can't even tell about his stickhandling and shooting because he didn't really do anything lol.

Fournier was a guy that I really didn't hear about before watching the game. He was by far the player with the best NHL potential on the ice imo. I would like to see him play more. His skating is really great for a dmen. His agility is a good step above everyone. He's got a decent reach too. He tries to protect the net a lot, he's good positionally but he had some trouble getting out of his zone at times. I gotta say that Rouyn didn't play well in their own zone and he didn't had much help. I would like to see how is his transition game with better players because is skating is solid and his puck skills to... We should keep an eye on this guy!

Leclerc was pretty good in that game. He's huge and didn't made any mistakes. Not a high ceiling but he's definitely not a bad player at all.

Old
11-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Yeah, sorry I forgot Leblanc. But I am not 100% sold on the guy yet. He definitely has great potential, but we will see. In terms of chance of making the NHL, he definitely is close to a surefire prospect.

Archambault is a guy who could end up being a great player with good coaching. Definitely one of those guys who will be in the AHL for at least 3 years. His skills somewhat remind me of Perron.

Old
11-01-2011, 06:36 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Yeah, sorry I forgot Leblanc. But I am not 100% sold on the guy yet. He definitely has great potential, but we will see. In terms of chance of making the NHL, he definitely is close to a surefire prospect.

Archambault is a guy who could end up being a great player with good coaching. Definitely one of those guys who will be in the AHL for at least 3 years. His skills somewhat remind me of Perron.
Leblanc I see more as an amazing 3rd liner that everyone wants on their team, or a good 2nd liner that gets 40-55 points.

Point is I don't see Leblanc as a blue chip, and if the right package came along I'd be willing to part with him, but Gallagher I'd keep a much tighter grip on.

Old
11-01-2011, 09:10 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Leblanc I see more as an amazing 3rd liner that everyone wants on their team, or a good 2nd liner that gets 40-55 points.

Point is I don't see Leblanc as a blue chip, and if the right package came along I'd be willing to part with him, but Gallagher I'd keep a much tighter grip on.
Agreed. Sort of Carbo type of player

Old
11-01-2011, 09:48 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post

Mike Fisher upside I'd say.

Closed Thread