HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers sign Rachunek, Lawson and MacMillan

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2004, 12:34 PM
NYR469

vCash: 500
Rangers sign Rachunek, Lawson and MacMillan

Rangers finally got around to announcing that they have re-signed Karel Rachunek which we knew about since last week

Rangers also announced that they have re-signed Lucas Lawson, who split time between hartford and charlotte last year. Lawson had signed with a team in finland, but he didn't show up for training camp because the rangers told him they wanted him to stay in north america

lastly, the Rangers announced the signing of Jeff MacMillan

macmillan is a 25 year old dman from dallas, he spent most of the year in Utah (AHL)...depth guy like gillies and strudwick...here is his tsn profile

Old
07-22-2004, 01:27 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers Need Wingers

Now that the Rangers signed some dman, I think they should look to sign some LW. Here are the LW that I'd take a look at: LW Dean McAmmond, LW/C Jason Wiemer, LW Tomas Kurka, LW Petr Schaslivy, LW Ivan Novoseltsev, LW Zdenek Blatny, LW Valeri Bure, LW Michael Henrich. Im not saying all these guys are that great, but most of them are young and have potential.

For NHL roster id sign McAmmond, Schaslivy and maybe Val Bure. Novoseltsev can play both LW and RW I believe. If wed sign Kurka and Blatny they can play in Hartford.

As for centre help, id like us to sign Nylander.

Bure - Nylander - Jagr
Schaslivy-Lundmark- Balej
McAmmond-Holik-Novoseltsev
Murray-Wiemer or Betts-Ortmeyer

Defense:
Tyutin-Kondratiev
Lampman Rachunek
Nycholat/Strudwick Poti

Extra: D Trevor Gillies, D Jeff MacMillian, C Mike Green

Pock will most likely start for the Wolfpack unless he has a great camp. I remember Renney saying this b4 the end of last season. I think Purinton is gone.

Old
07-22-2004, 01:32 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Pock will most likely start for the Wolfpack unless he has a great camp. I remember Renney saying this b4 the end of last season. I think Purinton is gone.
He never said that. IF there's any type of season, it would take a disasterous camp by Pock, for him not to be included in the top 6. Also, did you misplace Kasper? It's a lock that he will be in the top 6 as well.
And wasn't Purinton tendered a contract? Wouldn't that be an indication that he will NOT be gone?

Old
07-22-2004, 02:12 PM
zestystrat

Quote:
Bure - Nylander - Jagr
Bure? Isn't he as good as done?

Old
07-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zestystrat
Bure? Isn't he as good as done?
He means Val.

Old
07-22-2004, 02:33 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
Now that the Rangers signed some dman, I think they should look to sign some LW. Here are the LW that I'd take a look at: LW Dean McAmmond, LW/C Jason Wiemer, LW Tomas Kurka, LW Petr Schaslivy, LW Ivan Novoseltsev, LW Zdenek Blatny, LW Valeri Bure, LW Michael Henrich. Im not saying all these guys are that great, but most of them are young and have potential.

For NHL roster id sign McAmmond, Schaslivy and maybe Val Bure. Novoseltsev can play both LW and RW I believe. If wed sign Kurka and Blatny they can play in Hartford.

As for centre help, id like us to sign Nylander.

Bure - Nylander - Jagr
Schaslivy-Lundmark- Balej
McAmmond-Holik-Novoseltsev
Murray-Wiemer or Betts-Ortmeyer

Defense:
Tyutin-Kondratiev
Lampman Rachunek
Nycholat/Strudwick Poti

Extra: D Trevor Gillies, D Jeff MacMillian, C Mike Green

could see u like some of my ideas, but backl to the topic the lines i like better would be: wish poti wasnt there but unfortunatley he will be. where pock , he showed more poise than lampman and u got lampman in and pock out that makes no sense.wheres kaspar he will be here, hmmmm... u know we have kaspar right and for 4mill a season or what ever he will be playing not sitting and he also had a good season last year b4 injury.

Bure / Schaslivy ( wiseman any one ) - perault - Jagr
mcammond-Lundmark- Balej
murray - holik -ortmeyer
wiemer- betts ( if he stays healthy) / moore- scott or some one i dont care

Defense:
Tyutin- Kondratiev /kaspar
pock - Rachunek
Strudwick - Poti

Old
07-22-2004, 05:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
MacMillan should've been in the NHL a while ago. At least with a cup of tea. He's always been a decent prospect, but Dallas has just always had such good defense depth that he could never crack the line-up. He's a solid guy. I hope he at least gets a chance.

Old
07-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
MacMillan should've been in the NHL a while ago. At least with a cup of tea. He's always been a decent prospect, but Dallas has just always had such good defense depth that he could never crack the line-up. He's a solid guy. I hope he at least gets a chance.
Yeah, that's what some of the Stars fans have been saying. He'll get his fair shot at camp. As far as Sather is concerned, I think there are only three locked spots on the roster: Poti, Rachunek, and Kasparaitis. Tyutin should definately be there, but I'm not convinced Sather thinks of him as a lock. The other two spots are completely up for grabs. MacMillan, Kondratiev, Strudwick, Lampman, Pock, Purinton, and even Nycholat have a legit shot at grabbing one of those two spots.

Old
07-22-2004, 07:28 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Someone explain how signing another goon-ish d-man is at all useful... I mean, I really doubt Gilles will play in the NHL, Strudwick is OK, MacMillian is kinda overkill... we know have signed 3 low-end talent d-men that will serve as 6th/7th defenders throught their entire careers at best.

Old
07-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Someone explain how signing another goon-ish d-man is at all useful... I mean, I really doubt Gilles will play in the NHL, Strudwick is OK, MacMillian is kinda overkill... we know have signed 3 low-end talent d-men that will serve as 6th/7th defenders throught their entire careers at best.
Firstly, Gillies is listed as an LW. Secondly, Strudwick provides a much need veteran/physical presence on the blueline, even if he rotates out as the 7th D-man, though I think he'll be a fixture on the third pair. Thirdly, you have to understand that not all signings pertain to the Rangers. The Gillies signing is strictly for Hartford, probably a sign that Richard Scott is done, as every AHL team needs a goon IMO. Fourthly, MacMillan at the very least gives us a quality D-man in the system, but it also increases the percentage chance that one of these "low-end" defensemen impresses in camp and makes the big club. I can easily see MacMillan stepping up when Lampman fails to impress.

Old
07-22-2004, 11:27 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
Firstly, Gillies is listed as an LW.
did they change that or was i drunk the other day?? i could have sworn that it said he was a dman...now i look and he is listed as a LW everywhere

Old
07-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
did they change that or was i drunk the other day?? i could have sworn that it said he was a dman...now i look and he is listed as a LW everywhere
Actually I thought I remembered D-man too. E.g. "Rangers ink two defensemen: Strudwick and Gillies". Then again, most D-men on goon patrol often double as LWs. It could also be possible that all the press releases made mistakes and Gillies really is a winger. Either way, I think he'll be playing forward in Hartford since we're stacked on D there.

Closed Thread