HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Summer Development Camp (July 5-10, NU Dwyer Arena)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2011, 07:50 PM
  #176
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth
 
MacOfNiagara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Niagara Falls
Country: United States
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
The Sabres used to practice at Buff State too. Nice facility and available dorms. I'm guessing Niagara to further the market to the north.
and despite the city the Niagara campus is gorgeous.

And the Niagara rink is better. I have personally skated at both numerous times. I assume the facilities are better as well. I like skating at Buff State, but Niagara has excellent facilities.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:56 PM
  #177
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,608
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
and despite the city the Niagara campus is gorgeous.

And the Niagara rink is better. I have personally skated at both numerous times. I assume the facilities are better as well. I like skating at Buff State, but Niagara has excellent facilities.
They have a very nice arrangement with NU for this and NU gets to do a little advertising. The Hockey-verse can be a very small place, so leaving young players who often have younger siblings with a positive impression of the place is good for recruiting. For example, McCarron's younger brother is 16 and 6'6", committed to the NTDP for next year. If he and his parents like NU, it puts them on the map, literally and figuratively.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:47 PM
  #178
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,066
vCash: 500
NU is also a heck of a lot easier for the southern Ontario folks to get to. It's literally 2 minutes from the bridge once you clear customs.

Borrowed a different lens from a friend tonight too, so I'm hoping to have better shots tomorrow.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:17 PM
  #179
littletonhockeycoach
Registered User
 
littletonhockeycoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Littleton, Co
Country: United States
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
This is an outstanding thread and all your posts are appreciated. Great way for us out of towners to connect with these guys and get a sense of who's got jam Please keep posting everyone.

Danke..

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:30 PM
  #180
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,504
vCash: 500
I may do twitter updates for tomorrow. PM if anyone wants to follow, I don't really want to post my account as its my name.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:32 PM
  #181
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 27,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
Eh, Pysyk was never an offensive specialist, he was drafted as solid all-around defender.
He was drafted under the premise that he'd mature and fill out. The offensive skills were already there. Many viewed the selection as an enhanced TJB, if I recall. Totally not the case.

Kid can play the position. Very well all around.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:46 PM
  #182
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker
 
VaporTrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Buffalo
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,429
vCash: 200
Thanks to everyone who has gone and provided updates

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:31 AM
  #183
SECRET SQUIRREL
Registered User
 
SECRET SQUIRREL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clarence
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
Thanks to everyone who has gone and provided updates
x 2

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:20 AM
  #184
ct2111
Registered User
 
ct2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
He was drafted under the premise that he'd mature and fill out. The offensive skills were already there. Many viewed the selection as an enhanced TJB, if I recall. Totally not the case.

Kid can play the position. Very well all around.
Are you sure you're not talking about Jerome Gauthier-Leduc? Iirc, Pysyk was called a "safe" pick more than once with comparisons ranging from Henrik Tallinder to Brian Campbell to Jay Bouwmeester. A fluid skating defenseman with excellent hockey sense and an relatively unnoticeable game. Some scouts called his offensive upside "questionable", I think (not sure about that). JGL was the project with the booming shot and great offensive instincts who needed some defensive maturing.


Last edited by ct2111: 07-07-2011 at 03:28 AM.
ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:24 AM
  #185
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,146
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
x 2
Times 3!

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:02 AM
  #186
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
I take it the camp is starting at 9:45 again?

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:04 AM
  #187
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs View Post
I take it the camp is starting at 9:45 again?
Yep.

All the times are earlier in the thread, I think on page 3.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:06 AM
  #188
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Ok, I'll head up there then.



I know the team has changed the schedule on occasion, but haven't seen anything anywhere online to state they are modifying the sked today.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:06 AM
  #189
gallagt01
Registered User
 
gallagt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sloan
Posts: 8,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs View Post
I take it the camp is starting at 9:45 again?
That's my understanding.

I'll be there with a few of my friends. I'll be sure to post my thoughts when I come home later on.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:31 AM
  #190
TyMy57
Enroth is God
 
TyMy57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
ugh, i wanted to make it up there everyday, but I'm going to be missing my 2nd day in a row due to illness. How many people have been going?

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:42 AM
  #191
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 27,041
vCash: 500
The prospect youre thinking about is TJB. He was the one with the booming shot buy questions limiting his defensive zone ability. But lots of people had Pysyk in need of a big time d zone revamp. I agree with you. I didn't think that was the prospect path he was on. He seemed to be a minute eater with potential to contribute in all areas, both zones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
Are you sure you're not talking about Jerome Gauthier-Leduc? Iirc, Pysyk was called a "safe" pick more than once with comparisons ranging from Henrik Tallinder to Brian Campbell to Jay Bouwmeester. A fluid skating defenseman with excellent hockey sense and an relatively unnoticeable game. Some scouts called his offensive upside "questionable", I think (not sure about that). JGL was the project with the booming shot and great offensive instincts who needed some defensive maturing.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:59 AM
  #192
ct2111
Registered User
 
ct2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
The prospect youre thinking about is TJB. He was the one with the booming shot buy questions limiting his defensive zone ability. But lots of people had Pysyk in need of a big time d zone revamp. I agree with you. I didn't think that was the prospect path he was on. He seemed to be a minute eater with potential to contribute in all areas, both zones.
Yes, TJB and JGL are in some way similar. JGL had 20 goals in his draft year and his shot was according to some QMJHL followers his biggest weapon. Maybe Jfb can clear that up, but I'm pretty sure Gauthier-Leduc was the project and Pysyk the safe pick. I remember being extremely underwhelmed and a lot of posters here were furious that they potentially drafted Henrik Tallinder 2.0 instead of a center.

Edit:
Thread on Pysyk: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=791337
Thread on JGL: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=791671

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:07 AM
  #193
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,608
vCash: 500
Awards:
I will not be attending today. Stupid job.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:08 AM
  #194
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,608
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
Yes, TJB and JGL are in some way similar. JGL had 20 goals in his draft year and his shot was according to some QMJHL followers his biggest weapon. Maybe Jfb can clear that up, but I'm pretty sure Gauthier-Leduc was the project and Pysyk the safe pick. I remember being extremely underwhelmed and a lot of posters here were furious that they potentially drafted Henrik Tallinder 2.0 instead of a center.

Edit:
Thread on Pysyk: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=791337
Thread on JGL: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=791671
You have it right. Pysyk's a safe, smart, skating defenseman. JGL is the offensive kid with the big shot.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:26 AM
  #195
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"
 
TakeThatTootoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Im here and ready to go!

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:32 AM
  #196
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,504
vCash: 500
Just got settled. Top row center ice of what I think is the main rink

Jut look for the kid in the hat with the laptop.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:41 AM
  #197
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I will not be attending today. Stupid job.
Poor excuse Chain.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:47 AM
  #198
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,504
vCash: 500
Let the circus (And massive double-posting) begin.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:54 AM
  #199
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,504
vCash: 500
Lepkowski's got a shot, that's for sure.

They've got one rink closed off for now, unfortunately it's the one containing Ennis, Kassian, Adam and all of Team Blue.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:00 AM
  #200
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,504
vCash: 500
Catenacci's showing off in the first shooting drill. Not hot dogging but it's clear he has the hands to make it in the Top 6 one day.

Not liking that he shot it right into the crest a couple times now though.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.