HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acquisitions/Cap management/Roster Building Thread XVII

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2011, 07:59 PM
dashtary*

vCash: 500
^ Was thinking about that too. Stastny please.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

We are calling Schultz wrong thus lowering his trade value.

We should call him Jeff "+50" Schultz.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:14 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Yeah, not when your GM seems like he's on acid and simply trying to keep his **** together.
Candidate for post of the offseason

Can you play center?

Old
06-23-2011, 08:18 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruProf View Post
If McPhee somehow converts Schultz, Neuvirth, #1 (and I'd add even 2012 #1) for Stastny it will be like that:

FORWARDS
Alexander Ovechkin ($9.538m) / Nicklas Backstrom ($6.700m) / Mike Knuble ($2.000m)
Alexander Semin ($6.700m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Eric Fehr ($2.200m)
Jason Chimera ($1.875m) / Marcus Johansson ($0.900m) / Cody Eakin ($0.637m)
Matt Hendricks ($0.825m) / Boyd Gordon ($0.800m) / Mattias Sjogren ($0.900m)
D.J. King ($0.637m) / Jay Beagle ($0.512m)

DEFENSEMEN
Scott Hannan ($3.000m) / Mike Green ($5.250m)
Karl Alzner ($2.500m) / John Carlson ($0.845m)
John Erskine ($1.500m) / Dennis Wideman ($3.937m)
Tyler Sloan ($0.700m)

GOALTENDERS
Braden Holtby ($0.637m) / Semyon Varlamov ($1.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,697,350; BONUSES: $160,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,602,650

That'd be so genius that it can't be.

PS: MP free of charge. We don't have space for him anyway.

PPS: There are 5 centers in the bottom-6 btw: MJ, BG, Beagle, Eakin and Sjogren. That's your center depth.

Hopefully add kuznetsov to that lineup , orlov, and use the extra cap to resign laich or sign leino / gagne / Cole and you have

Ov-backstrom-knuble
Laich/Cole- stastny- semin
Kuznetsov- mojo- eakin
Chimera-Gordon-Hendricks

Hannan-green
Orlov-Carlson
Alzner-wideman

Holtby
Varly

Take out BB and that roster could win a cup

Old
06-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Something around Stastny and Alzner might work.? I know Alzner is very highly reguarded and if it doesn't work that's fine. Honestly, Kuznetsov should be a fine 2nd line option in a couple years, but if your in win now mode..

Old
06-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Vabeachblue

Kuz is going to be in the KHL next year and idk why we would break up carlson-alzner to put another pmd in. Need another stay at home to play with wideman that can hit. Id like to sign Konopka to play 4th line center.
4th line
Hendricks-Konopka-Sjogren
Beagle-Eakin plug em in some games

Old
06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
Neuvirth + Schultz + Perreault for Stastny?
Anywhere near fair value?
Varlamov+Schultz+Perreault for Stastny and a 2nd or 3rd= DONE.

I doubt Neuvirth is the odd-man out.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:34 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
Something around Stastny and Alzner might work.? I know Alzner is very highly reguarded and if it doesn't work that's fine. Honestly, Kuznetsov should be a fine 2nd line option in a couple years, but if your in win now mode..
Orlov, maybe. I'd move Green for Stastny but I don't know if the Caps would. Their terrible coach loves him.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Orlov, maybe. I'd move Green for Stastny but I don't know if the Caps would. Their terrible coach loves him.
Orlov is a good prospect, but not worth Stastny. Avs don't really need Green. We'd be looking at Carlson(I know, won't happen), Alzner, or no one.

But haha, Brudreau said he loves Green like a son or something to that effect.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:04 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
Orlov is a good prospect, but not worth Stastny. Avs don't really need Green. We'd be looking at Carlson(I know, won't happen), Alzner, or no one.

But haha, Brudreau said he loves Green like a son or something to that effect.
Oh, I know. But if I had to peg a defenseman likely to be moved for an impact player I'd put Schultz/Orlov ahead of the others mentioned.

If the Avs need a goaltender, the Caps need a C and both Varlamov and Stastny are available, you'd think they'd make great partners.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:07 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

heh. His first born flash got traded. I prefer for Sarge but maybe its Green for the big shakeup. As HORRIBLY as the team did post Flash, I wonder if GM isnt gun shy to move another one of his boys. That Flash move and the shakeup it caused on this team were not planned. It was ugly, yet we dont talk about it because most wanted him gone.GM is supposed to be smarter than us. And Flash would have been one of toughest players in the loffs if he stayed. Yeesh. I think Bruce didnt like that move and the rest of players suffered one way or another.

That is at the root of being a general manager. This big move last year. Was it 9 straight loses? It barely gets discussed. Like the Clark move, reeling off almost 17 straight. I know it takes times to grade trades fully, but you cant ignore the immediate but short term effects it causes. We had to trap. Undeniable the power of moving out a top player. Bring in a guy, its like, welcome to the country club.

Who is GM more likely to trade this summer, Sarge or Green? Wideman on board Green's injury's. Carlson held up in a full test last season. Hannan can play RD, Orlov on simmer. Sarge in a new contract, Green's near ending.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 06-23-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old
06-23-2011, 09:15 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Varlamov+Schultz+Perreault for Stastny and a 2nd or 3rd= DONE.

I doubt Neuvirth is the odd-man out.
And if that did happen, GMGM should turn around and dangle Stastny back to the west, to his hometown team, STL, for this man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
David Backes ... snip
...plus another second rounder (to have a shot at Kucherov ).

06-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Capitlols

Trade Schultz this off-season and I'll be content. At least Green and Semin bring something to the table, Schultz gets a free ride.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:22 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
Neuvirth + Schultz + Perreault for Stastny?
Anywhere near fair value?
The key to that deal for the Avs would Neuvy and I'm going to say they will want a 1st round pick which I would be glad to give up in this draft to get Stastny. Schultz and Perreault are cannon fodder, but they help with depth and rebuilding teams, imo.

I would offer those players mentioned with next year's first, not this years. This years draft isn't that great from the observation view, but next year's first might peak interest.

I have to admit on paper, having Stastny on this team with the other talent is awfully scary. I still think this team needs more grit and real defensive depth.

Go Caps!!

Old
06-23-2011, 09:23 PM
dashtary*

Quote:
Oh, I know. But if I had to peg a defenseman likely to be moved for an impact player I'd put Schultz/Orlov ahead of the others mentioned.

If the Avs need a goaltender, the Caps need a C and both Varlamov and Stastny are available, you'd think they'd make great partners.
JMO, but Orlov is in the same boat as/with Carlson and Alzner. He was one of the prospects that GMGM said he wouldn't move. I love Green but I'd move him straight up for another stud, instead of offering Orlov (who could become a better player overall) in a package for a stud.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:25 PM
IafrateOvie34

[QUOTE=Appreci8;33928535]Trade Schultz this off-season and I'll be content. At least Green and Semin bring something to the table, Schultz gets a free ride.[/QUOTE:

, I pretty much was hoping that at least Schultz gets out of town this summer and pretty much think the same thing. I don't truly believe GMGM will do anything special, but if one thing does happen, get rid of Schultz. I have serious doubts GMGM gets rid of him considering how he values his drafted players.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:33 PM
dashtary*

Quote:
Regarding the near B Richards rights trade today, I just heard that it was a deal with the.. wait for it.. Philly #Flyers. Looking into it.
Dallas Dave

Old
06-23-2011, 09:41 PM
dashtary*

Quote:
The Flames must make a major move shortly here. I am hearing Bouwmeester and Reghr's names being thrown around...Teams interested..NJ, NYI, Washington, and Ottawa...
Eklund

Old
06-23-2011, 09:43 PM
HTFN

I feel like if there was ever a time for Semin to LA, it's right now, because Parse and Brown are hypothetically Richards' new linemates. An infusion of skill like Semin's to a tough line like Richards-Brown, with all that leadership to keep him reigned in, maybe LA takes a pass at that. If they move Smyth they'd have the room, I believe.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
dashtary*

Quote:
On the Draft's Host Team...

The Minnesota Wild are talking to the Washington Capitals...possibly about Alex Semin and/or Mike Green.
Eklund

Old
06-23-2011, 09:54 PM
dashtary*

Semin+Green for Burns+ Koivu?
Would either side do that?

Old
06-23-2011, 09:59 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Brooks 2001 6th Round Ottawa

No discussions. Its not one of his boys theory may still be holding water. I think George will come in at the last minute with a token low offer, normal for guys he is willing to let leave. Guys he wants, usually get extended by now. So I think Brooks is gone. We need a LW.

I wonder if George banks the cap money or makes a move this summer. I dont know available 2LWs

I know Fehr is maybe on the outs but I would try him a scoring line role proper this year. And tried at LW. He has that big shot. And move him if he cant be a RW or LW scoring line guy. Fehr MJ/Nick Semin

Old
06-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashtary View Post
Semin+Green for Burns+ Koivu?
Would either side do that?
If Minnesota was on crack.

On a side note, I think Brooks is a goner and that'll be tough for me to swallow.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Fehr MJ/Nick Semin
Or just put Semin and Fehr at their natural positions, Semin-MJ/Nick-Fehr? It's so crazy it could work...

Old
06-23-2011, 10:09 PM
hockeynutz79

If Minnesota were indeed talking to the Capitals for a "Draft Day" trade, then I believe it would be:

Caps-
Semin
26th overall pick 2011

Wild-
Burns

This would benefit both teams because the Wild want to please the home crowd w/ an extra first round pick and get a scoring winger they've been looking for. Both Burns and Semin have one year left on their contract so there wouldn't be any long-term vs. short-term issues. Also, Burns would essentially be a 2 million dollar cheaper Green. Green would then be made expendable for forward depth. Thoughts?

Closed Thread