HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers bring back Ilkka Sinisalo as ameteur scout

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2004, 03:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Flyers bring back Ilkka Sinisalo as ameteur scout

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/1677.asp

Sinisalo will focus mainly on Finland and Sweden, including not just younger players who might be drafted, but also older players as well.

Should be good that we have a former Flyer who is European around the Scandinavian circuit, and I'm sure there are plenty of people within the organization who trust his judgement since he was also GM of the Espoo Blues.

Old
07-22-2004, 05:08 PM
Rex88

vCash: 500
I want more Finns - they tend to be tough and work their butts off. Generalization yes.

Was bummed that they did not pick Aki Sietsonen (sp?) when he was there in the 4th round but who am I to say - certainly not a scout.

Old
07-22-2004, 05:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
I want more Finns - they tend to be tough and work their butts off. Generalization yes.

Was bummed that they did not pick Aki Sietsonen (sp?) when he was there in the 4th round but who am I to say - certainly not a scout.

absolutely, and there are other Finns, next year will be a good year for guys from Finland, and players from Finland have benefitted from the decline of Swedish junior system and it is something that has really disgruntled Inge Hammarstrom, so it's good he has someone else with him who was not only a good Finnish player himself, but also knows the ins and outs of the Finnish system.

Old
07-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Jysk

I got one memmory of Sinisalo and that is the hit he got from i think Cam Neeley. It was a real bonecrusher

Old
07-22-2004, 09:22 PM
flyersrock1

Great to see SCOREasalo back with the orange and black. He was a very under rated 30 goal man.

Old
07-23-2004, 12:43 AM
daynus

Good

Glad to have former flyers back as scouts and such. Yes i agree Finland has a pretty good skill level, and they are close to North American style. Where as Sweden, i don't know there system is in turmoil.

Old
07-23-2004, 12:51 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus
Where as Sweden, i don't know there system is in turmoil.
It definetaly is, in Sweden they started teaching defensive systems instead of the tatics and skills that everyone else in the world uses. Instead of producing talented youngsters, they produces young players who only know one thing, how to play within a system, and not with any type of talent or skills and then learn a system.

Old
07-23-2004, 10:36 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 588
One of the great Flyers' goals ever was Game 1 1987 Conference Championship between Philly-Montreal when he scored the OT game winner.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-24-2004 at 12:21 PM.
Old
07-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

My all-time favorite Flyer! Great to have him back! Now I need to try to squeeze into my Sinisalo jersey...I just don't seem to be able to fit into size large anymore. Heck, I even have an LA Kings jersey with his name on it from the brief time he played there!

Old
07-24-2004, 09:38 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
My all-time favorite Flyer! Great to have him back! Now I need to try to squeeze into my Sinisalo jersey...I just don't seem to be able to fit into size large anymore. Heck, I even have an LA Kings jersey with his name on it from the brief time he played there!

heh, you were diehard

Old
07-24-2004, 12:00 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
great to have him back in the organization again. real good player and also one of the alltime best hockey names...Ilkka Sinisalo.

Old
07-27-2004, 10:53 PM
panayiotis

wow!

Terrific skater. I remember that game 7 in Edmonton he was stoned early in the game. If he had scored maybe the flyboys would have won the cup. Good luck Sini!

Old
07-27-2004, 11:26 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
Terrific skater. I remember that game 7 in Edmonton he was stoned early in the game. If he had scored maybe the flyboys would have won the cup. Good luck Sini!

Doug Crossman also had a chance. He could have made it 2-0 in the first period but Fuhr tipped the puck off Crossman's stick.

Closed Thread