HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "All Things NYC" Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 10:16 AM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
Guys, please keep things on topic.

Old
05-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Where's a good sports bar/pub (preferably near MSG) to watch the game at tonight?

Old
05-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Where's a good sports bar/pub (preferably near MSG) to watch the game at tonight?
The Flying Puck. I was never there since I'm legally not old enough, but I always hear good stuff about that place. It's on 7th Ave between 30 and 31 Streets. That's like a block away from MSG.

05-09-2012, 02:51 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Mustang Sally's / Mustang Harry's also good

Old
05-09-2012, 03:07 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
If you want a nicer bar, Flying Puck and Stout are good options. For a divier place just hit Blarney Rock.

RANGERS =
Old
05-09-2012, 03:30 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
If you want a nicer bar, Flying Puck and Stout are good options. For a divier place just hit Blarney Rock.
Flying Puck 100% will have the game sound on.

Stout is a nice place as well, as is Harringtons.

Old
05-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Molly Wee!!!!!! And no I'm not the owner of it, I just place good bartending high on the list of priorities. Audio will be on, I can tell you that.

Old
05-09-2012, 04:26 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

speaking of, what are the best bars in queens that have the sound on

Old
05-10-2012, 09:05 AM
bombers15

If any New Yorkers can help me out here, that would be great.

I'm coming from Ottawa to Manhattan. I am driving but am obviously not going to use the car for the three days I'm there.

So I was thinking of parking near the Van Cortlandt Park station and then taking the subway from there. That part is straight forward enough, but I was just wondering if anyone knew about parking near there. Doing some basic research it seems that there is free street parking and also a parking garage near there. Will that work to leave the car for a couple days?

Otherwise I don't really know where to leave the car. Thanks.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:46 AM
boyle2boyle

I need a place near MSG to watch the game on Saturday night that will have the sound of the game on and also let my brother watch who is underage. Any suggestions?

Old
05-10-2012, 06:15 PM
schmittkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombers15 View Post

I'm coming from Ottawa to Manhattan. I am driving but am obviously not going to use the car for the three days I'm there.

So I was thinking of parking near the Van Cortlandt Park station and then taking the subway from there. That part is straight forward enough, but I was just wondering if anyone knew about parking near there. Doing some basic research it seems that there is free street parking and also a parking garage near there. Will that work to leave the car for a couple days?

When I travel from Rochester to Manhattan I drive to Poughkeepsie and then take the Metro North train from there to Grand Central. It costs $15 each way and takes about 1 1/2 hours. Parking at the station is free on weekends and $6-7 for other days. I think the trains leave about every hour.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:13 PM
bluetooth

i'll be going to a show tonight at terminal 5 around 55th/11th but want to watch the game before. looking for a bar with reasonably priced beer and the sound on. anyone have any ideas?

Old
05-15-2012, 04:26 AM
Problematique

Hi all, hopefully you guys can help an Aussie Ranger out.

I've booked my second New York trip for this December (Would kill to be at the Garden now but ).

Anyway, this time I'm staying for a few weeks rather than the 10 days which I didn't get to do much besides the Pinstripe Bowl, Lady Liberty, a Rangers game and a Prince concert.

Firstly when will the NHL 12/13 schedule come out? I want to get to as many Rangers games as possible.

Besides the Bronx for Yankee Stadium, I didn't get to visit any of the other boroughs besides Manhattan last trip. What are some cool places in Brooklyn to check out? Any other recommendations?

How accessible are Boston/Philly/Chicago/Washington? Am I right in assuming you can take the train to all of them? Could any body give me some rough figures and some reccomendations for nice hotels and must check out spots?

Thanks and go Rangers!

Old
05-15-2012, 06:45 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Problematique View Post

I've booked my second New York trip for this December (Would kill to be at the Garden now but ).

Anyway, this time I'm staying for a few weeks rather than the 10 days which I didn't get to do much besides the Pinstripe Bowl, Lady Liberty, a Rangers game and a Prince concert.

Firstly when will the NHL 12/13 schedule come out? I want to get to as many Rangers games as possible.

Besides the Bronx for Yankee Stadium, I didn't get to visit any of the other boroughs besides Manhattan last trip. What are some cool places in Brooklyn to check out? Any other recommendations?

How accessible are Boston/Philly/Chicago/Washington? Am I right in assuming you can take the train to all of them? Could any body give me some rough figures and some reccomendations for nice hotels and must check out spots?

Thanks and go Rangers!
Schedule won't come out till the summer. A friend of mine probably remembers the month so I'll ask him. And in Brooklyn, L&B Spumoni Gardens has the best pizza you'll ever eat, guaranteed. The new Barclays center will be open by the time you get there (Nets arena). Boston/Washington is very accessible, be it by bus/train. Chicago isn't nearly as accessible, you'll have to fly out there most likely.

Old
05-15-2012, 09:15 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
speaking of, what are the best bars in queens that have the sound on
Surf club (sports bar) on bell blvd in bayside has the rangers audio on for every game.

Old
05-15-2012, 09:19 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:

If you're going to park and leave your car for a few days while you're IN Manhattan, you may as well park in Manhattan. The UWS has tons of street parking from say..... 79th to 96th street is a good place to look. May take you 20 or 30 minutes to find a spot, but it's free and you can leave it for as much as 3 or 4 days (Tuesday to Friday or Monday to Thursday as well as over the weekend).

Old
05-15-2012, 09:19 AM
GloveSave35

Probably not a great question since most of you are local... but does anyone have a suggestion for hotel for a 2 day stay in NYC for a Rangers game? Needs to be "reasonably" priced.. not looking for dirt cheap but I'm no celeb either.

Thanks!

Old
05-15-2012, 09:27 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave35 View Post
Probably not a great question since most of you are local... but does anyone have a suggestion for hotel for a 2 day stay in NYC for a Rangers game? Needs to be "reasonably" priced.. not looking for dirt cheap but I'm no celeb either.

Thanks!
Stay in Queens (Long Island City), lots of new hotels not too expensive and a short ride on the 7 or N/Q trains into midtown

Old
05-15-2012, 04:35 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:

Thanks!
Yea, anything in Midtown will be expensive. Although check prices at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. I've never stayed there, but the lobby is magnificent and food was very good.

05-16-2012, 07:17 AM
GloveSave35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Stay in Queens (Long Island City), lots of new hotels not too expensive and a short ride on the 7 or N/Q trains into midtown
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Yea, anything in Midtown will be expensive. Although check prices at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. I've never stayed there, but the lobby is magnificent and food was very good.
Thanks fellas! I appreciate it!

Old
05-16-2012, 07:23 AM
blue425

Hey..not sure if its been mentioned: Slainte on Bowery off of Houston seems to be a Rangers bar.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Giacomin

Quote:

Thanks!
You can find some great deals on travelzoo.com they usually have great deals on Manhattan Hotels (cheaper than hotels in Queens). They should definitely have something that fits your criteria as staying in Manhattan is much better than the outer boroughs.

Old
05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
redfzn

Quote:

You can do that as the 1 train is only a couple stops away from upper Manhattan. Your car will be safe just about anywhere in that part of the Bronx (Riverdale) or Manhattan, though you're probably better off leaving it somewhere in Manhattan depending on where you're staying. Just be sure to read the street cleaning/alternate side parking regulations before leaving the car there for a couple of days.

I live in upper Manhattan, Hudson Heights and alternate side parking is in effect everyday but Wednesday (Monday/Thursday on one side and Tuesday/Friday on the other).

Quote:

Thanks and go Rangers!
Take the L train to Bedford Ave., first stop in Brooklyn after 1st Ave., and walk around. Plenty of bars, live music, shoppes, the waterfront and an assortment of interesting places once you're in that area (Williamsburg). Also the A/C train to High Street-Brooklyn Bridge or F train to York Ave. will put you in DUMBO which while not as hip as Williamsburg, it also offers various cool spots.

As for getting to Boston/Philly/Chicago/Washington, simply any train to 42nd street Port Authority in Manhattan and you'll be able to jump on a bus to just about anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
If you're going to park and leave your car for a few days while you're IN Manhattan, you may as well park in Manhattan. The UWS has tons of street parking from say..... 79th to 96th street is a good place to look. May take you 20 or 30 minutes to find a spot, but it's free and you can leave it for as much as 3 or 4 days (Tuesday to Friday or Monday to Thursday as well as over the weekend).
Like I mentioned before, you better be reading those alternate side parking regulation signs right or you'll end up with a bright orange envelope on your windshield accompanied by the City's favorite cash cow, the parking ticket.

Old
05-17-2012, 04:37 PM
sabremike

Quote:

Thanks and go Rangers!
I'm just hoping there IS a 2012-13 season at this point. While Greyhound goes to Boston, Philly and Washington there are a network of busses in Chinatown that go to all 3 on a regular basis for much less than Greyhound (it's how I get to Philly as it's $24 for a round trip). You can also go to Philly via train from Penn Station for less than Amtrak by taking New Jersey Transit to Trenton and transfering to a SEPTA line to Philly. SEPTA will take you to Center City, and from there it's an easy walk to the Broad Street line that takes you right to the sports complex (if you are interested in taking a trip to WFC for a game). As for BKYN, as was pointed out the Barclays Center is opening and is right on a subway hub so it's easy to get to. If you come early in the basketball season you might have to pay more on the secondary market for Nets tixs because of the novelty but if the team stinks as expected you probably will be able to get them cheap. Hope that Helps!

Old
05-20-2012, 07:26 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

anyone know of any NYR bars in Boston?

Closed Thread