HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heard on the radio on my way to work (Press conference tonight)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2011, 11:59 AM
  #51
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
So... are the Habs trading up? Trading down? Will they pick a tall, american defensemant or a 5'8", 150 lbs center? So many questions to be answered...
We're trading up into the top 10 to draft Rocco.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:04 PM
  #52
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
ArponBasu Arpon Basu
Certainly appears to RT @WSpy: @ArponBasu does this confirm the Markov signing? http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/...predlozheniyam

Iwishihadacup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:09 PM
  #53
S1C1L1AN78
Registered User
 
S1C1L1AN78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Anyone know at what time the conference is on ???

S1C1L1AN78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:12 PM
  #54
HabsDood
Registered User
 
HabsDood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Carignan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
ArponBasu Arpon Basu
Certainly appears to RT @WSpy: @ArponBasu does this confirm the Markov signing? http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/...predlozheniyam
!!!Markov preferred “Montreal” to advantageous proposals from [KKHL]

The agent of the defender of Andrey Markov's “Montreal” emphasized that before its client prolonged contract for two more years, to it [s] “very advantageous proposals” they were turned from other clubs. - I am very glad for Andrey, he gives the words of Markov's agent “Soviet sport”. - I will not cut, that to Markov entered several very advantageous proposals of [KKHL]. But it did not examine them, having immediately said that he wants to play only into “[Kanadiens]”. Now Andrey is situated in Montreal, where he is prepared for the season. It has already been restored after the break of the cross-shaped bonds of elbow. And it is now completely healthy. Let us recall that Markov passed the large part of the season -2010/11 because of the severe injury of elbow. Russian obtained damage in November and it could return to ice only in March. His contract with “Montreal” elapsed after completion play off.

!!!!


Ya bet!!!

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:12 PM
  #55
Gainey#1*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa/Calgary
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Don't think the Habs would do that.
Well do you want us to risk losing a player like Price or Subban over Gomez?

Absolutely not...you bury him in the minors and move on.

It is business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
!!!Markov preferred “Montreal” to advantageous proposals from [KKHL]

The agent of the defender of Andrey Markov's “Montreal” emphasized that before its client prolonged contract for two more years, to it [s] “very advantageous proposals” they were turned from other clubs. - I am very glad for Andrey, he gives the words of Markov's agent “Soviet sport”. - I will not cut, that to Markov entered several very advantageous proposals of [KKHL]. But it did not examine them, having immediately said that he wants to play only into “[Kanadiens]”. Now Andrey is situated in Montreal, where he is prepared for the season. It has already been restored after the break of the cross-shaped bonds of elbow. And it is now completely healthy. Let us recall that Markov passed the large part of the season -2010/11 because of the severe injury of elbow. Russian obtained damage in November and it could return to ice only in March. His contract with “Montreal” elapsed after completion play off.

!!!!


Ya bet!!!
Markov is Boss


Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:38 PM
  #56
Zaide
I'm a renegade
 
Zaide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montréal
Country: uriname
Posts: 65,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Richards imo
Mike Richards I guess.

Zaide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:47 PM
  #57
Tymaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
All he'll say is that he's pretty happy with the signature of Mr. Gill, Mr. Weber, Mr. Desharnais, Mr. Darche, Mr. Pacioretty, Mr. Kostitsyn. That the talks with Mr. Markov are going well and that he is pretty confident to conclude the contract soon with Mr. Gorges.

Tomorrow, he doesn't know yet which kid he will draft, but he'll look foward at seeing that kid growing as a mister in the team.

Tymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 01:02 PM
  #58
S1C1L1AN78
Registered User
 
S1C1L1AN78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
I don't see any anouncement on teh habs officel site or tsn , rds or any other place about this ... if true anyone have a link ??

S1C1L1AN78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 01:03 PM
  #59
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymaster View Post
All he'll say is that he's pretty happy with the signature of Mr. Gill, Mr. Weber, Mr. Desharnais, Mr. Darche, Mr. Pacioretty, Mr. Kostitsyn. That the talks with Mr. Markov are going well and that he is pretty confident to conclude the contract soon with Mr. Gorges.

Tomorrow, he doesn't know yet which kid he will draft, but he'll look foward at seeing that kid growing as a mister in the team.
Perfectly accurate summary right there. That is EXACTLY what he'll say...

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 01:17 PM
  #60
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Nothing new will probably come out of this PC.

We like our core
Negotiations are going well with our FA
We might or might not add UFA

oh and btw, tickets price will increase 25%

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 02:12 PM
  #61
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
You know... Gomez IS moveable to a low cap team now that his contract is cheaper...

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 02:14 PM
  #62
HabsDood
Registered User
 
HabsDood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Carignan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
You know... Gomez IS moveable to a low cap team now that his contract is cheaper...
That's next year, no?

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 02:15 PM
  #63
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
That's next year, no?
Oh yea... (Cry)

Arnott ?? (please)

Great news below regarding Markov!

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 02:31 PM
  #64
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,322
vCash: 500
don't know why they bother with the PC... why not just send out a press release, does PG really need the extra camera time if he isn't going to actually share any information with the fans/media?

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 02:33 PM
  #65
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymaster View Post
All he'll say is that he's pretty happy with the signature of Mr. Gill, Mr. Weber, Mr. Desharnais, Mr. Darche, Mr. Pacioretty, Mr. Kostitsyn. That the talks with Mr. Markov are going well and that he is pretty confident to conclude the contract soon with Mr. Gorges.

Tomorrow, he doesn't know yet which kid he will draft, but he'll look foward at seeing that kid growing as a mister in the team.
Excellent

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 02:53 PM
  #66
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
That's next year, no?
They've got pretty much enough space to do what they want this summer anyway. Plus they still need a 2nd line center for 2011-12 and neither Eller nor Desharnais is ready for that yet.

Gomez is very likely to rebound in production this upcoming season. Then he's going to be a solid 2nd centerman owed 5 million a year for two years, which will be what the market price would be for a 2nd line centerman in a 65+ Million cap world. Next year there should be a market for Gomez as a trade.

This is advantagous as 2012 is when they'd really want the cap relief to give raises to RFA's.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 03:04 PM
  #67
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
They've got pretty much enough space to do what they want this summer anyway. Plus they still need a 2nd line center for 2011-12 and neither Eller nor Desharnais is ready for that yet.

Gomez is very likely to rebound in production this upcoming season. Then he's going to be a solid 2nd centerman owed 5 million a year for two years, which will be what the market price would be for a 2nd line centerman in a 65+ Million cap world. Next year there should be a market for Gomez as a trade.

This is advantagous as 2012 is when they'd really want the cap relief to give raises to RFA's.
I'm curious as to what makes you think Gomez will bounce back and what bouncing back would mean for him.

I see it as likely for him to hit 50 points as it is for him to lose his 2nd line spot and PP time to Eller/Desharnais.

I'd be shocked to see him get any ice-time over people that actually try night-in, night-out.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 03:05 PM
  #68
larrypacman8167
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
when, where ??????

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 03:09 PM
  #69
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymaster View Post
All he'll say is that he's pretty happy with the signature of Mr. Gill, Mr. Weber, Mr. Desharnais, Mr. Darche, Mr. Pacioretty, Mr. Kostitsyn. That the talks with Mr. Markov are going well and that he is pretty confident to conclude the contract soon with Mr. Gorges.

Tomorrow, he doesn't know yet which kid he will draft, but he'll look foward at seeing that kid growing as a mister in the team.
Great post

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 03:57 PM
  #70
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,862
vCash: 500
I see that Meehan is meeting with Gauthier today in Minnesota to discuss signing Markov(according to HIO). So, I'm hopeful a deal might be reached in time for the press conference.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 04:35 PM
  #71
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,329
vCash: 500
when is the press conference and where can i watch online or listen online please?

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 06:33 PM
  #72
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,072
vCash: 500
is this press conference actually going on tonight? what time!!!

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 06:35 PM
  #73
Le depisteur
Registered User
 
Le depisteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
is this press conference actually going on tonight? what time!!!
20h30

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:07 PM
  #74
Crusher20
Registered User
 
Crusher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 4,645
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
20h30
Probably wants to comment the philly trades thaz is all.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:09 PM
  #75
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Audio is available at http://gazblogs.com/habsinsideout-fi...t/gauthier.mp3

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.