Regehr Traded?

Old
06-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Tell that to Scotty Bowman, Darryl Sittler, Marcel Dionne and a bunch of other players/coaches who live in Buffalo.But coming from someone with an Edmonton avatar and lives in Calgary,your the one I feel sad for you bum
You've never been to Buffalo have you? Its Detroit without the whimsy.

Neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Oblivion

In the back of my mind I don't think the return is going to be that great and based solely upon that I'm he nixes the deal. Players like Regehr don't typically garner their worth to the team, further if we looking to rebuild I don't know if he's a guy you move.

My logic is, the market value for him is likely less than than the benefit we'd get from keeping him around. I think his value to the Flames in a rebuild is about equivalent to 1st at least, but I feel the realistic return would be a 2nd + scraps.

I'm not sure who brought up this Adam + 1st business though. At that point I think I'm truly indifferent, I'm more hoping it doesn't go through because if it does it signifies we're going the rebuild/retool route.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 06:16 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 50
Also read on twitter that it sounds like another flames contract could be heading the other way.. Imo if Regehr nixes the trade, we'll see him ask for a trade to a team of his choice this summer.. He seems like the type to take offense to something like this

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 06:19 PM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 455
Seems like the Sabres and Flames have made more than a few draft time deals in our histories if you want to go all the way back to Don Edwards/Richie Dunn going your way in 1982.

Kind of seems a bit strange but coincidence is the more likely word.

Being a Sabres fan my POV is, of course, we'd love to get Regehr....but you have to give something to receive.

The Sabres have more than their share of really good prospects. I'm sure that if Regehr waives the NTC, you guys will be happy in the end but sad to also see him leave.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Arular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilio View Post
You've never been to Buffalo have you? Its Detroit without the whimsy.
No it's not.

Arular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 06:24 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Sounds like regehrs gone, even if he says no to buffalo 3-4 other teams are supposedly waiting on the sidelines

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Padlock

Feaster probably traded him for delicious, juicy buffalo wings. Holding out for a gallon of blue cheese dip

Padlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 06:58 PM
StreakingRed
Win For Gio

I hate to see Regehr go if this is true, but if the deal is for Luke Adam and a 1st, I'd pull the trigger on that deal. Too good to pass up, going forward.

Boomer on the Fan 960 was saying that he's hearing there would be another player going to Buffalo with Regehr if the deal goes through, speculating that it's either Kotalik or Stajan. Also said that there's possibly another team interested in Regehr.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
JohnnyGoodDro

i just saw on tsn that the flames won't be getting anything significant in return, just cap space and will probably use that to make a move for smyth.

JohnnyGoodDro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Boomer on the Fan 960 was saying that he's hearing there would be another player going to Buffalo with Regehr if the deal goes through, speculating that it's either Kotalik or Stajan. Also said that there's possibly another team interested in Regehr.
Read it on the main board, but if it were Stajan, wouldn't he first have to waive his NTC as well?

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 415
I would love the #16 pick. Draft Phillips and Schefiele.

...now I'm excited, would love to see both of those guys drafted here. Sucks to lose Regehr, but I'll get over it if its true.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
I would love the #16 pick. Draft Phillips and Schefiele.

...now I'm excited, would love to see both of those guys drafted here. Sucks to lose Regehr, but I'll get over it if its true.
Do you think the Flames would draft Phillips with the extra? I wouldn't mind them taking him, but I'd also be pro McNeill or Oleksiak/other D-man.
If we had the 16th as well, we could look at the availability. If Armia is still left, I could see us having Armia and Schefiele with the 2 picks

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
i just saw on tsn that the flames won't be getting anything significant in return, just cap space and will probably use that to make a move for smyth.
who said that?

Old
06-23-2011, 07:26 PM
JohnnyGoodDro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
who said that?
either mackenzie or macguire, can't remember, but it was on the nhl on tsn draft preview

Old
06-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordstanleychaser View Post
Do you think the Flames would draft Phillips with the extra? I wouldn't mind them taking him, but I'd also be pro McNeill or Oleksiak/other D-man.
If we had the 16th as well, we could look at the availability. If Armia is still left, I could see us having Armia and Schefiele with the 2 picks
I'd prefer to see some forwards signed with our potential 2 firsts. Go with defensemen later on.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Why? It is not that the Flames have an abundance of great D-prospects either. BPA should be the way to go.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:44 PM
JohnnyGoodDro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Why? It is not that the Flames have an abundance of great D-prospects either. BPA should be the way to go.
the flames aren't bad when it comes to d-men.
pelech has been expected to break the roster for the past few years, brodie right there john negrin as well even seabrook. still have gio, jbo, sarich, carson....

or this could open up a little room to resign babchuk.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

We have some solid defensemen prospects.
We have some good bottom 6 potential prospects.

I'd personally like to snag a pair of guys who are considered to be top 6 guys eventually. We have a major hole in our system, and it needs to be filled...(thats what she said)

Old
06-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 643
Bobby Mac to me is the guy you listen to if you want to know if there is any truth to what is going on in the hockey world, but it doesn't make sense that they are saying the return will not be that good. Think about it, if there are a minimum of 3-4 teams that are intested (I think the Sharks would be one of these teams), then the Flames must of wanted the Buffalo package because it is the best one. With that said, I really hope Kassian would be coming to the Flames. I really, really like his game.

However, maybe the Flames want to do the Buffalo deal because they agreed to also take Stajan or Kotalik off of our hands. Which would be great, but the Flames need to get something of value if Regehr goes. It will be a real hard sell to the fans if it is anything less after the spare parts we got from TO in the deal for Dion.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:53 PM
goodsauce

If its is the 16th overall coming back, do we take Murphy if he falls at 13 then a forward at 16?

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Bobby Mac to me is the guy you listen to if you want to know if there is any truth to what is going on in the hockey world, but it doesn't make sense that they are saying the return will not be that good. Think about it, if there are a minimum of 3-4 teams that are intested (I think the Sharks would be one of these teams), then the Flames must of wanted the Buffalo package because it is the best one. With that said, I really hope Kassian would be coming to the Flames. I really, really like his game.

However, maybe the Flames want to do the Buffalo deal because they agreed to also take Stajan or Kotalik off of our hands. Which would be great, but the Flames need to get something of value if Regehr goes. It will be a real hard sell to the fans if it is anything less after the spare parts we got from TO in the deal for Dion.
If trading Regehr is just a way to ditch another salary, and we don't see any value coming back, I'd honestly lose all faith in this teams management.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:56 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
I guess it depends on if there's other moves in the pipeline.

I understand the need to move Regher. It might be to free up just enough cap space to squeeze Tanguay's pay raise in while hopefully keeping Langkow, Glencross, Jokinen and Morrison.

With those spread about three scoring lines the Flames could improve on last season's scoring. The top 4 would include Sarich, Gio, Bouw and possibly Babchuk. It's not a defense that people should go nuts over but even with Regher last year, the team's defensive performance was pretty poor. Because of the amount of money put into the team's defense and the results shown, I can handle shaking it up if it opens up some cap space while either bringing in a good roster player or a couple picks/prospects.

Sucks that it has to be Regher but I doubt Sarich would get anything substantial.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:10 PM
CaptPantalones

Hello guys,

Buffalo fan here. Im really hoping regehr says yes to this deal. hes exactly what we need.

rumor around buffalo is that Kotalik might be the other contract coming back. but its a pretty good certainty we wont be moving the 1st in the deal

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Grannys

Oh man it would suck and be awkward if Smyth came over to Calgary. And from a Edmonton perspective that would be a slap in their faces from Smyth.

Maybe he can cry again when Flames trade him away at the trade deadline next year...

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Hello guys,

Buffalo fan here. Im really hoping regehr says yes to this deal. hes exactly what we need.

rumor around buffalo is that Kotalik might be the other contract coming back. but its a pretty good certainty we wont be moving the 1st in the deal
Well what do you expect to go back then? Cause your getting a top pairing shut down guy at a discounted contract for two years.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote