HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Info: Part X (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Skraut

vCash: 500
Interesting Info: Part X (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Mike Commodore apparently thinks HFBoards is a "Blog"
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...t.html?sid=101

Quote:
"I gave up reading blogs," Jackets defenseman Mike Commodore said. "I don't read any of that stuff anymore because it's this never-ending (thing where) we win a couple of games in a row and everybody's getting ready to engrave this team's name on the Stanley Cup, and all of a sudden you lose two games in a row, and it's fire everybody and trade this and trade that. That's fine, that's part of being a fan, and it makes for good topics for discussion, but I can't read that stuff anymore. You can only block it out for so long before it becomes irritating."
Sums up my thoughts exactly.

Old
12-07-2010, 08:12 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Apparently some of us can block it out longer than you and Commie. I often get irritated, too (surprising, I know), but I still enjoy the exchanges and find no better place to talk hockey.

Old
12-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post

I want so very badly to hate Commie. Comments like these make it impossible. IDK if he's really given up on reading this place, but I agree with your assessment Mr. Commodore.

12-07-2010, 10:12 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Yeah, Commie's got this place figured out.

I just pick & choose the battles I throw myself into & the ones I'm interested in reading. I'm like Pete, though, I've learned a fair amount about the game over the last few years by reading & participating here. The amount of activity here was why I joined.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:19 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
this is why I'm happy to have commodore in the room.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:23 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Apparently some of us can block it out longer than you and Commie. I often get irritated, too (surprising, I know), but I still enjoy the exchanges and find no better place to talk hockey.
It must be hard for Commie because there are so many holes in his game that there are plenty of legitimate complaints that can be made. Easier to just toss it aside as "the crazies on the internets!" Don't worry, I'm sure a couple beers will make it all go away, Mike.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:27 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
It must be hard for Commie because there are so many holes in his game that there are plenty of legitimate complaints that can be made. Easier to just toss it aside as "the crazies on the internets!" Don't worry, I'm sure a couple beers will make it all go away, Mike.
I'm not disagreeing with Commie's assessment, but if you listen to some of the interviews he's done this year, when he was on just before the season with "Tooley" on the Fan and he was also on the Blitz's morning show one day before the season and his interviews post-games, he's been really defiant about his role in last seasons mess. A thousand imbeciles can't be wrong....

Old
12-07-2010, 11:12 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I'm not disagreeing with Commie's assessment, but if you listen to some of the interviews he's done this year, when he was on just before the season with "Tooley" on the Fan and he was also on the Blitz's morning show one day before the season and his interviews post-games, he's been really defiant about his role in last seasons mess. A thousand imbeciles can't be wrong....
It is his MO and why I find it laughable that some think it is any way, shape or form a "good" thing that he is in the locker room. He takes no responsibility for anything. His conditioning wasn't his fault. "Last year is last year." "It's just a couple losses." Yada, yada, yada.

Old
12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
It is his MO and why I find it laughable that some think it is any way, shape or form a "good" thing that he is in the locker room. He takes no responsibility for anything. His conditioning wasn't his fault. "Last year is last year." "It's just a couple losses." Yada, yada, yada.
Agree.

Old
12-07-2010, 12:35 PM
comrade

Quote:
Another quote, another chance to settle your personal score with him.
Too bad for you he doesn't waste his time checking this board.

Old
12-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
At least not anymore. I mean, according to his quote.

And here we are, back to square one.

Old
12-07-2010, 12:59 PM
blahblah

Quote:

Not sure I saw HF anywhere in that blog, article, or whatever you want to call it.

Having said that, it's just a reflection of humanity. It's not much different talking to friends about it, other then you pick your friends. They have those feelings whether they express them on a blog (or forums) or not.

I've had Cliff Jumper friends, the Rays of Sunshine, and Doom Dayers, the Realists. I've had the same discussions outside of these boards. I've received the texts during games of pure joy and pure despair, anger, or frustration.

This is just a larger collection with little to no filter. Someone might not tell Commie he sucks to his face, but they are saying it in bars or the stands just as much as they are saying it on boards or blogs.

The point, these places get a bad name because they reflect the mood of the posters. They change almost daily.

Old
12-07-2010, 04:01 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
What "personal" score? It isn't as if this guy stole my high school sweetheart. I don't know him personally. For all I know, we'd get along famously after a few drinks, or we'd absolutely hate each other.

My problem with Mike Commodore is his attitude as a professional. Much as my problem with Woody Allen has nothing to do with him as a human being, it has to do with the fact that I view his movies as a waste of 2 hours of my life and I don't have much respect for him as a professional in his field.

The ones taking this personally seem to be the Commodore fanboys. And yet I don't see anyone making a compelling argument as to why his attitude (and behavior) is acceptable or helpful to this team achieving its ultimate goal.

Old
12-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Much as my problem with Woody Allen has nothing to do with him as a human being, it has to do with the fact that I view his movies as a waste of 2 hours of my life and I don't have much respect for him as a professional in his field.
You must not be watching his good movies. Manhattan, Bananas. Good movies. Anything he's put out recently....yeesh. He got a bit full of himself. But if you put out that many movies, you've earned the right to have some duds. I feel that way about the Cohens.

And I respect his work but deplore him as a human being (much in the same way I deplore Polanski.) I don't care if she is adopted...ewww.

But back on topic, are there any Commodore fanboys here? I remember over the summer when suggesting that he might be able to return as a serviceable 3rd pairing defenceman was a great way to get flamed.

Old
12-07-2010, 04:17 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post

I want so very badly to hate Commie. Comments like these make it impossible. IDK if he's really given up on reading this place, but I agree with your assessment Mr. Commodore.
Can't agree at all. He was a big part of our playoff run two years ago and has played very well since returning this season. Yet listen to how we talked about him last year and most of this season.

People on this board have abused Commodore in every possible way. If I were him I wouldn't read us either.

Old
12-07-2010, 04:51 PM
GhostofBoomer

A new Under Armour commercial was released today with a familiar face. Pretty intense.

Old
12-07-2010, 05:16 PM
LeoWelsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjbuckeye27 View Post
A new Under Armour commercial was released today with a familiar face. Pretty intense.

That is fantastic.

Old
12-07-2010, 05:28 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
Can't agree at all. He was a big part of our playoff run two years ago and has played very well since returning this season. Yet listen to how we talked about him last year and most of this season.

People on this board have abused Commodore in every possible way. If I were him I wouldn't read us either.
Aww, why's everybody always picking on poor, innocent Commie?

He was a big part of our playoff flameout 2 years ago as well. His poor conditioning resulted in poor play down the stretch and in the playoffs.

As for this year, I'll admit when he came back he was pretty good the first few games. But during the recent 5 game skid, Old Commodore returned. After his play against the Pens I was surprised it wasn't him that was scratched--he was in awful position on the first two goals.

Old
12-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

so nasher in detroit red eh?

Old
12-07-2010, 06:30 PM
CapnCornelius

It is nice to see the hometown boy in a bigtime commercial, I just wonder how you protect this house while being flipped end over end.

Old
12-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Nice commercial, but Nash doesn't look right with a pissed off look on his face.

Old
12-07-2010, 08:51 PM
JDCox17

Quote:
It is nice to see the hometown boy in a bigtime commercial, I just wonder how you protect this house while being flipped end over end.
Simple. He goes out a few minutes later and beats Lehtonen stick-side. I mean, they basically could have filmed that last few seconds last night...

Old
12-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Still Nash's best commercial:

"Power!?"

Old
12-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

I tried to put that in as my signature, but it was too long.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
12-08-2010, 10:30 AM
SnygGo

Send a message via MSN to SnygGo Send a message via Yahoo to SnygGo Send a message via Skype™ to SnygGo
Arniel to be on NHL live at noon-2 p.m.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=545718

Closed Thread