HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Campbell

Old
06-21-2011, 09:34 PM
cherrypik

vCash: 500
Campbell

I don't get it. One of the reasons the Hawks got this guy was to play on the pp and he's not on the 1st pp team. I know he's not worth his contract but why don't the Hawks give Campbell 1st team pp work. Maybe he can have a career year offensively being on the top pp unit. Then they can unload him in the offseason to a desperate NHL team. Every offseason there are a handful of teams in need of a qb on the pp. I'm sure if he can put up 50 pts with his great +/- against 2nd and 3rd liners some team will take the bait. Hell, most of the time Keith can't get the puck to the net.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Cullksinikers

I'll take Soupy on the PP if he can stop shooting wide as much.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 06:08 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

where is your problem? We can afford him, he makes our Team better and he is a great #3 for us. He would be on the Top Pairing for most other teams.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 06:43 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

He is overpaid. And we have a few D that play similar to his style of play in the minors that are knocking on the door. So moving him would be great for the long term cap hit situation. I think last year he was forced to play more defensively since Keith struggled a bit early on. I agree I would see if he can QB more, as that was one of the main reasons we paid him 7MM+.

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Slvrdwn

I think that along with kieth, he has a lot to offer in terms of mentorship to the young guys if another rookies able to crack the lineup. He is very calm with the puck and its rare you catch him pressured into a blind pass. That being said I can see him being moved to somewhere like florida to help reach the floor/another team with a lot of space. He's easily a top pairing d on many other teams and can package him with some picks/prospects to get good value back.

Slvrdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
He is overpaid. And we have a few D that play similar to his style of play in the minors that are knocking on the door. So moving him would be great for the long term cap hit situation. I think last year he was forced to play more defensively since Keith struggled a bit early on. I agree I would see if he can QB more, as that was one of the main reasons we paid him 7MM+.
we a have few D that play similar to his style of play IN THE MINORS. None of them is ready to get his Spot. We have Leddy in the D as young unproven Player.
With the Cap going up that high... I'm sure that Bowman doesn't even talk to others about Campbell

Old
06-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

If you think Bowman isn't talking to teams about trading Campbell, you might want quit hitting the bong so hard. I don't know why everyone expects the cap to keep going up and up forever. You could get someone who plays physical to take his place for 1/2 the price for 1/2 the length of the contract. Or a stay at home D. Freeing up $ elsewhere, while not locking up a roster spot for 7 years for the D we are developing.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Campbell is a big part of our team. The Cap will go up again with the new TV Deal. And right now, there is no option for us better than Campbell

Old
06-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

I partly agree with you. I agree nobody is readily available, and D takes the longest to learn. But if a trade comes around I bet Stan is all ears to unload that albatross and find plan B The Campoli spot needs to be opened up. I would like to see him gone. But I don't think that is going to happen.

Old
06-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

the problem with Campoli is... he sucks as a Top4 Dmen. He is a good option for us at #5 and the third pairing. I don't want him in the Top4 for more than 10 games (in case of injury)

Old
06-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

I don't want Campoli in our top 4.....top 6....or in Chicago Trying to erase the game 7 memory.....

Old
06-23-2011, 09:44 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
the problem with Campoli is... he sucks as a Top4 Dmen. He is a good option for us at #5 and the third pairing. I don't want him in the Top4 for more than 10 games (in case of injury)
Saying a player sucks doesn't say much at all. I think most fans agreed that Campoli fit into the Hawks system quite well and it will be interesting to see how he does in his first full season with the team. He was not picked up to be a top 4 dman, but imo he is quite capable of playing in any situation and I'd like to see him get some pp time this year; keep Sharp up front.
Yes he had a difficult time in the playoffs and was the goat on the final goal, but that doesn't erase his decent regular season since joining the Hawks at the trade deadline. Age-wise, he is just reaching his prime and I look for him to have a sound season, no matter the role he is asked to fill.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:39 AM
HawksTillDeath

Campbell
1st

to FLA for

ANYTHING OR ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

i really like campbell, and i think the team will suffer without him.. but that contract.. geez

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 11:24 AM
giovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
Campbell
1st

to FLA for

ANYTHING OR ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

i really like campbell, and i think the team will suffer without him.. but that contract.. geez
campbell has a limited ntc.

if you were him would you willingly leave chicago to go play in fla for the same money?

giovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 11:35 AM
HawksTillDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovi View Post
campbell has a limited ntc.

if you were him would you willingly leave chicago to go play in fla for the same money?
absolutely not.. but i dont think he will be traded and that didnt stop me from posting

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:30 PM
salty justice

Campbell doesn't get #1 PP time because he has no shot. I can't understand it but he has mastered more complicated aspects of the game with his skating and puck handling, but just can't get off a slapper to save his life.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 08:03 AM
KyleJRM

Quote:
If you think Bowman isn't talking to teams about trading Campbell, you might want quit hitting the bong so hard. I don't know why everyone expects the cap to keep going up and up forever. You could get someone who plays physical to take his place for 1/2 the price for 1/2 the length of the contract. Or a stay at home D. Freeing up $ elsewhere, while not locking up a roster spot for 7 years for the D we are developing.
Pass. This team is trying to win a Cup right now, and Campbell is too important to that effort. Your half-price, half-length contract will be for a player who is half as good at No. 3 defenseman, and that's just not something I'm inclined to do.

If you want to be an elite team, you will always have to deal with a few contracts that are "overpaid." There's not some fluid market where you can always find a player of the quality you want for the price that is fair. Great players are in short supply, and unless you can develop an entire roster of them, you'll have to pay a UFA premium for a few.

KyleJRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

I would trade campbell for stastny in a heartbeat. I understand there is a ntc in place. Bu that would be workable, as they need some D and salary.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:19 AM
cherrypik

Quote:
I would trade campbell for stastny in a heartbeat. I understand there is a ntc in place. Bu that would be workable, as they need some D and salary.
I'm willing to beat that Stastny would cost the Hawks Campbell, Lalonde or Olsen and at least a 2nd round pick.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:43 PM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅||̲̅̅●̲̅̅|

vCash: 300
He just got traded to Columbus

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:44 PM
RedBaronIndian

I hope this rumor is true . The team will miss him though.

RedBaronIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:45 PM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅||̲̅̅●̲̅̅|

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaronIndian View Post
I so hope this rumor is true
& + mil per would be a HUGE relief for Chicago.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 06:01 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
I am one of the rare posters who doesnt want him gone... is he overpaid? Sure. At the time we needed to overpay to get free agents here. The cap just went up and we are ALOT better with Campbell then without him. I saw him as one of our most important players last year, we were brutal when he was hurt. He is magical at breaking out and stretches the d like none other. I hope we hold onto him.

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
I am one of the rare posters who doesnt want him gone... is he overpaid? Sure. At the time we needed to overpay to get free agents here. The cap just went up and we are ALOT better with Campbell then without him. I saw him as one of our most important players last year, we were brutal when he was hurt. He is magical at breaking out and stretches the d like none other. I hope we hold onto him.
you are not alone...

when I first read it I hoped that this isn't true.