HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Reports Flyers Trade Carter to CBJ, Richards to LAK; Sign Bryzgalov for 9 years

Old
06-23-2011, 07:33 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
No? You will when we have to shoot 40 shots to score on him. Hes a top goalie for sure.
he's a vg reg. season goalie i'll give you that. not so good playoff goalie. If this means i get to see the flyers get knocked out in the first and second rounds for the next 9 years, i'm happy!

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

This Flyers team went from a cup contender to a work in progress in a matter of hours. Trading away your top two forwards is difficult, but this team can be scary good in a year or two.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:39 PM
NikC

there will probably be an adjustment period i'm sure but the flyers have boatloads of talent, and will be very dangerous now if this all works out. Bryzgalov still has to prove himself in the post season.
it could get ugly if he bombs out in the playoffs for them.

ugly, but funny.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:47 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

For all those saying that Philly will be dangerous, blah blah. Where is the physicality gonna come from? Hartnell, lol. That top 6 is soft soft soft. I love Giroux, but he is not a physical player. Briere? JVR? Leino? I just can't see how they compete physically against the likes of Parise, Okposo, Cally, Dubi, Neal, Staal (J), hell even Crosby is more physical than them. I'm not even including the D-Men. That's a disaster in the Atlantic Division.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:49 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutus Liber View Post
For all those saying that Philly will be dangerous, blah blah. Where is the physicality gonna come from? Hartnell, lol. That top 6 is soft soft soft. I love Giroux, but he is not a physical player. Briere? JVR? Leino? I just can't see how they compete physically against the likes of Parise, Okposo, Cally, Dubi, Neal, Staal (J), hell even Crosby is more physical than them. I'm not even including the D-Men. That's a disaster in the Atlantic Division.
i agree with what you're saying here, but Parise?? Are you sure you don't mean Gionta?

Old
06-23-2011, 07:49 PM
xxxZENxxx

Is there any way to boot a guy from the board for suggesting Gaborik, Krieder, and a 1st for Mike Richards? Huh? That is what you trade for Sydney Crosby or Steven Stamkos, not Mike frickin' Richards.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:51 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Simmonds and Schenn are both very pysical players. Simmonds is pretty much Chris Neil with offensive skills.

And Parise is physical. Don't know why you'd even mention Gionta in the same stratosphere as Zach.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:51 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Is there any way to boot a guy from the board for suggesting Gaborik, Krieder, and a 1st for Mike Richards? Huh? That is what you trade for Sydney Crosby or Steven Stamkos, not Mike frickin' Richards.
that trade proposal does warrant a booting. some guys need to go
play xbox now to get some trades out of their systems.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:53 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Simmonds and Schenn are both very pysical players. Simmonds is pretty much Chris Neil with offensive skills.

And Parise is physical. Don't know why you'd even mention Gionta in the same stratosphere as Zach.
when i think of physical players, Parise doesn't stand out in my mind as one of them that i'd be overly worried about.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:54 PM
NYR Viper

It was rumored both Carter and Richards had attitude and maturity issues. Philly decided to move them both on the same day......coincidence?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:54 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
when i think of physical players, Parise doesn't stand out in my mind as one of them that i'd be overly worried about.
In that sense, I would agree. But he's pretty damn strong down low, and I'd consider that a physical asset, personally.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
that trade proposal does warrant a booting. some guys need to go
play xbox now to get some trades out of their systems.
Dude they don't even give you that on the xbox.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:58 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
i agree with what you're saying here, but Parise?? Are you sure you don't mean Gionta?
PArise is a deceptively physical player imo, moreso of the variety that will get in the dirty areas and force you to take the body on him. Most of his goals are scored from the net area. Also he's great 2-ways.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:00 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:

Simmonds is a 3rd liner, not top 6 material. Schenn hasnt even been a regular on the roster yet, extremely overrated imo.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:01 PM
NikC

Quote:
In that sense, I would agree. But he's pretty damn strong down low, and I'd consider that a physical asset, personally.
Parise is a great, gritty player with a lot of fire for sure. he's no softy, but when the other poster mentioned his name with PF type playrs i just found it funny.

Richards was a very dangerous open ice hitter, and the flyers lose that dimension. i'm not sure Simmonds replaces that...

Old
06-23-2011, 08:02 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutus Liber View Post
PArise is a deceptively physical player imo, moreso of the variety that will get in the dirty areas and force you to take the body on him. Most of his goals are scored from the net area. Also he's great 2-ways.
i know, i love parise, but just found it funny to read his name with bigger physical players.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Parise is a great, gritty player with a lot of fire for sure. he's no softy, but when the other poster mentioned his name with PF type playrs i just found it funny.

Richards was a very dangerous open ice hitter, and the flyers lose that dimension. i'm not sure Simmonds replaces that...
Simmonds is nasty. Real nasty. I would say it's moreso the 30 goals or close to it that they lose rather than the physicality.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:04 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Dude they don't even give you that on the xbox.
true they don't! you actually get reprimanded if you try to pull that off.

all joking aside, i give the Flyers credit even though i hate them.
these a are ballsy moves and they've got some really great offensive depth now plus a good goalie. they might have some adjusting, but they may be vg for a long time...

Old
06-23-2011, 08:06 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

They need to work on their defense, then. The window was smaller because Pronger and Timonen were getting older. To me this says they don't expect to win the Cup with them.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:06 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Simmonds is nasty. Real nasty. I would say it's moreso the 30 goals or close to it that they lose rather than the physicality.
And yet again hes a third liner. Im talking top 6 here. For ***** and Giggles:

Leino-Giroux-JVR
Hartnell-Briere-Voracek (Not compiled with correct positions in mind)

That top 6 is much softer and much weaker than previously and doesnt compare to the rest of the EC, imo.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:07 PM
NYR Viper

The Flyers always make ballsy moves......

Pronger
Forsberg
Richards
Carter

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:07 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
I still think that the Flyers are a better team than the Rangers even after these two trades.

While this may set them back a few spots in the standings, the longterm benefit that this has for them sucks for us.

They remain deep and will get deeper with the 8th this year and getting Schenn.

the Rangers need to make sure that this draft pick is right and they need to do someserious convincing to get a guy like Richards in the door.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:08 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Now is the time to make the Flyers pay by signing Richards...some think that the Flyers may in fact have the cap space to try to offer B. Richards a contract (it would take some finagling, but hey, stranger things have happened). They took a big step back today, and we need to take a big step forward come July 1st. Philly was a true cup contender, now they are not (at least for the next few years until Schenn, Voracek and that 1st rounder start moving towards their prime, at which point Pronger and Briere will be on the way out), so we need to take advantage...sign B. Rich...do NOT let him somehow find his way to Philly (or Toronto, for that matter, just so that they shut up).

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:21 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Wow... that's all. Just... Wow.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:25 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
Carter and Richards are good buddies. Good drinking buddies. Too much of the latter. Scottie Upshall was traded two years ago because he was part of the party club. Pronger is old school and didn't like the commitment or leadership level. Coach Lavy couldn't get through to the anointed guys with the long term contracts and million dollar shore houses. The malaise was spreading to young guys, particularly Giroux and the Flyers were forced to blow it up. The locker room was choosing sides and obviously the Coach and Pronger won the war. Four straight losses to the Bruins sealed the deal. If you recall, Carter sat out a few games with a suddenly sore knee, then played the last two. Richards disappeared on the ice. There are more reported details locally but you get the picture. Richards comes out smelling like a rose in LA where he can contend for a Cup now and upgrade his choices in young women! Flyers get the cap space to sign the goalie they have needed for years.
this is what i heard as well. pretty much carter was gonna be moved no matter what. that locker room was a mess and something had to be done. i think it was more than just partying and such...

i remember reading things about the ''situation'' and not knowing what to believe. it sounds now like it may have been accurate and and i'll leave it at that. you normally dont move your 2 best forwards on the same day. this was pretty drastic.

you can find the ''story'' else where as i dont want to violate any site rules.

no matter what the true story is, they certainly changed that locker room dynamic.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote