HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Reports Flyers Trade Carter to CBJ, Richards to LAK; Sign Bryzgalov for 9 years

Old
06-24-2011, 12:21 AM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
I like JvR also, but any team expecting him to carry the torch offensively is in a load of trouble.

Giroux is certainly capable of that responsibility, however. One player does not make a team though.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 12:25 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Well I don't think they're in Win Now mode anymore, but it's just such a drastic change.

Many figured a good goaltender would make that team able to contend for the Cup. The acquisition of Bryz seemed like a win now move. But then they trade 2 of their 3 best forwards. Yeah, it's for locker room reasons probably but it just seems like a sudden and drastic shift in ideology.

Now they have Bryz locked up until he's 40. Will he be good enough to lead a team to the Cup when Giroux, JVR, Schenn, etc, are ready to foray into the finals?
He's only been a start for 4 years or so. He's probably going to be able to be effective past the age of 35 or 36.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 12:51 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I like JvR also, but any team expecting him to carry the torch offensively is in a load of trouble.

Giroux is certainly capable of that responsibility, however. One player does not make a team though.
JvR is still very very young. He is looking good though. He could end up a 30-30 player in a few years.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
JvR is still very very young. He is looking good though. He could end up a 30-30 player in a few years.
hes 22...not very very young...young, sure...but not very very young.

Stepan is a year younger and scored 5 more points playing with significantly lower talent than JVR.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 02:00 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

My first thought was:

I canīt understand the Cryers to trade away their best offensive guys!
I donīt get the damn point... But itīs not our problem, itīs theirīs!

As for Brzygalov. I mean heīs good, but not good enough for a 9yr. deal, thatīs my opinion about that...

The last thing on my mind was that Richards gets his a** whooped only 1 or 2 times next season from Dubi

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 08:49 AM
NYRangers16

Here's my take..,They traded 2 of their top guys, including a 40 goal guy..just to sign a goalie...and that goalie isn't top 5 in the NHL. It's just a stupid move. A few years ago the trend was that you could win without a great goalie just by rotating guys and playing the hot hand. After these finals, the new trend is to have an elite netminder. I think the Flyers overreacted and panicked to this. So number one I disagree with their entire reason for doing these 2 deals.

Number 2 - other than the salary to afford a non-elite goalie, they got back a bunch of prospects/picks. Voracek and Schenn are talented, but who's to say they produce at all, let alone this year or next? Some guys take time, others never develop at all. And the 8th pick in a weak draft is pretty much a crapshoot. The only proven guy they got is Simmonds who fits them very well but who is young and just a 3rd liner at the moment.

So, not only did they do these moves for all the wrong reasons but they traded one of the best scorers in the NHL and their captain for what essentially amounts to a bunch of prospects and a 3rd liner.

Could this work out in their favor? Sure, but probably not this year or possibly ever.

For this year they significan't weakened themselves - the picks wont contribute yet, the goalieisn't a huge upgrade on Bob/Boucher, and the prospects aren't going to contribute more than average stats. A few gols and assists here and there, maybe 30-40 pts from Voracek/Schenn compared to 70+ from the guys they traded. Furthermore, this is really going to put scoring pressure on other guys who may or may not be able to handle it. You think Leino has the year he had without them rolling 3-4 scoring lines out there? Also, what's left of that team's forwards isn't very scary.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
What's with that Richards and Dubinsky beef? It seems like every game they play against they get into a fight. Any idea on how it started?

06-24-2011, 08:52 AM
NYRangers16

And, I think we need to gear up for the division this year. PIT obviously has the offensive skill, but the Debs are old as hell, and the Isles are themselves, so it's time or us to make our move.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

These trades were totally unexpected.

When I first saw "Richards traded..." I thought Brad Richards' rights were traded to the Kings.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 09:49 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Dd
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
What's with that Richards and Dubinsky beef? It seems like every game they play against they get into a fight. Any idea on how it started?
Dubi lost his 1st fight vs Richards in his rookie-season and since then Richards got a punishment for that every time they met on the ice

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:19 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Taken individually, the Flyers may eventually win these trades but collectively, they've ripped apart their locker room. That's usually not a good thing.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:22 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Taken individually, the Flyers may eventually win these trades but collectively, they've ripped apart their locker room. That's usually not a good thing.
The rumor was they were problems in the locker room. If that's true they may have just fixed their locker room, not ripped it apart. Of course that's all speculation.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
The rumor was they were problems in the locker room. If that's true they may have just fixed their locker room, not ripped it apart. Of course that's all speculation.
I honestly think that their locker room problems don't stem from individual players but from the fact that they play in Philadelphia. How many versions of the Flyers have had these issues?

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:39 AM
YoungD4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Flyers are after Brad Richards, mark my words.
unless Brad Richards take a 4 million dollar salary, flyers cant afford him

YoungD4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:00 AM
bscharf

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungD4 View Post
unless Brad Richards take a 4 million dollar salary, flyers cant afford him
they have 13 million in cap space. what exactly are you talking about

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:08 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
they have $7.5 million space

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
they have $7.5 million space
Neither of those numbers is probably right for the Summer Cap, but even if it is $13m, they still don't have a lot of money for Richards. Bunch of RFAs due for raises, some of them bigger.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Levitate

And a bunch of players to sign.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:18 AM
alkurtz

As always, the Flyers remain the most dysfunctional team in the NHL.

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:22 AM
94now

Flyers went into re-build mode. Some may think it was premature... Well, it must have been Bs sweep that hurt them so much... I don't care about PHI at all. Good for Rangers at least in the short while for sure.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:43 AM
MadHookUp

Flyers have 7.5 to sign Leino, Simmons, and Vorachek. They dont even have enough money to sign all three of these guys, let alone Brad Richards. I have a friend that has connections within the Flyers organization. They said they are trying hard to move Versteeg and Carcillo today. They want to keep Leino.

I was also told that Pronger and Laviolette had a lot of problems with Richards, and the general consensus was that Richards was a lousy captain. Richards really likes Stevens as a coach, and was causing problems ever since Stevens left the organization.

The general feeling I got was that the Flyers pretty much had to move these guys, so considering their hand was forced, I think the return was good. But the Flyers definitely took a step back, and I think the Bryz contract is just silly.

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Flyers went into re-build mode. Some may think it was premature... Well, it must have been Bs sweep that hurt them so much... I don't care about PHI at all. Good for Rangers at least in the short while for sure.
Sounds like Richards wasn't liked in the locker room anymore. Carter maybe also but he seems more like a cap casualty. Apparently he was PISSED about getting traded.

I think Bryz will be good for them but I'd be a little bit wary after the way he crapped himself in the playoffs

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Sounds like Richards wasn't liked in the locker room anymore. Carter maybe also but he seems more like a cap casualty. Apparently he was PISSED about getting traded.

I think Bryz will be good for them but I'd be a little bit wary after the way he crapped himself in the playoffs
Even if Richards and Carter weren't well liked, they put up some big numbers which is now going to fall on guys like Vorachuk and Schenn to make up. Not an easy thing to do, especially when Schenn is "the guy they traded Mike Richards for" in the minds of the Philly faithful. And all hell will break loose when Bryzgalov lets in a bad goal, as he will be blamed as well for causing the clearout.

They've put the new guys in a pressure cooker and I can't see next season being very good for Philly.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:11 PM
chip chipperson*

i bet richards slept with brindamor's wife.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 02:09 PM
YoungD4

Quote:
No they dont, they have to sign so monay players that are on their team.

and its not 13.5 so i actually know what i am talking about

YoungD4 is offline   Reply With Quote