HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Around the League: Silly Season Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2011, 06:21 PM
  #201
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Wild might be looking to move Burns
Green for Burns.

EroCaps is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 06:32 PM
  #202
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,349
vCash: 500
Liles for a 2nd, that's it?

Capitlols is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 06:45 PM
  #203
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust
 
Raikkonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Russia
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Liles for a 2nd, that's it?
Next year's second imo

Raikkonen is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 08:13 PM
  #204
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Tunnel vision. Looking at on ice performance for one singular season is just that. There's a lot more to building a team than just evaluating on ice results from a year ago. How did they look this year's playoffs? That's what you should be focusing on.
So this years performance completely cancels out last year's?

That's, as you put it, tunnel vision. Especially considering that they had some major pieces (namely Pronger) banged up this postseason.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 08:33 PM
  #205
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Wow, Burns to SJS for Seto and Coyle (etc.)

Wonder if this means they're out on Regehr?

brs03 is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 09:15 PM
  #206
IafrateOvie34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,138
vCash: 500
I have to admit after the Flyers made their trades and did their pick, I think they will be a good team, if the hype of Schenn and Couturier live up. Looks like they want to try and stay competitive for the future and not just hope to win in a year or two. I still am amazed that Bryz got that kind of money.

IafrateOvie34 is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 09:35 PM
  #207
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,675
vCash: 500
Brian Campbell to Florida. Hello, cap floor.

Langway is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 09:36 PM
  #208
sunnydaycrash
Registered User
 
sunnydaycrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Brian Campbell to Florida. Hello, cap floor.
Man Bowman is fleecing everyone today !!!!!
How the F did he unload that contract?....oh it was Tallon

sunnydaycrash is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 09:40 PM
  #209
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Man Bowman is fleecing everyone today !!!!!
How the F did he unload that contract?....oh it was Tallon
Not done yet but it sounds like Olesz's bloated contract may be headed the other way as well.

Langway is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 10:34 PM
  #210
sunnydaycrash
Registered User
 
sunnydaycrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Not done yet but it sounds like Olesz's bloated contract may be headed the other way as well.
I don`t know man...I know Olesz is making around 3.5 but that`s for 3 more yrs...Campbell has 5 more years at 7.5......

sunnydaycrash is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 10:40 PM
  #211
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,675
vCash: 500
DarrenDreger: Robyn Regehr has agreed to waive his no-move and will accept trade to Buffalo. Kotalik involved as well.

Langway is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 10:43 PM
  #212
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke
 
PuckBuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,504
vCash: 500
so. wait. why did they trade wideman again? so they could make room for a mobile PMD at twice the salary? brilliant.

PuckBuddy is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 10:51 PM
  #213
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
DarrenDreger: Robyn Regehr has agreed to waive his no-move and will accept trade to Buffalo. Kotalik involved as well.
Good move for Buffalo, they need all the D help they can get. Though they need more of a puck mover.

Capitlols is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 10:59 PM
  #214
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,349
vCash: 500
On a side note, is Calgary rebuilding now?

Capitlols is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 08:26 AM
  #215
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
On a side note, is Calgary rebuilding now?
Trying to, but they've got so many NTCs/NMCs and unreasonable contracts that they might be limited in how far they can take it.

Getting rid of Kotalik is/would be a miracle though, IMO, so maybe they have hope.

brs03 is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 11:25 AM
  #216
Cush
-inator
 
Cush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,753
vCash: 500
Grachev (NYR) went to St Louis for a 3rd

Cush is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 01:56 PM
  #217
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,675
vCash: 500
bruceciskie: Lots of steam that Mike Eaves might be on the way out at Wisconsin to become head coach of the New Jersey Devils. Stunner.

Langway is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 01:57 PM
  #218
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
So this years performance completely cancels out last year's?

That's, as you put it, tunnel vision. Especially considering that they had some major pieces (namely Pronger) banged up this postseason.
What's clear to me is that the Flyers realized these two were an issue longterm. You want to focus on what makes your argument stand, I want to focus on the here and now, not 12 months ago.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 01:58 PM
  #219
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,629
vCash: 500
Wonder if the Tanguay contract sort of sets the mark for Brooksie...or maybe the floor for negotiations....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 02:32 PM
  #220
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
This man is now a member of our team.

Include him in all future line projections until noted otherwise. That is all.

Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 02:43 PM
  #221
Stewie G
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
bruceciskie: Lots of steam that Mike Eaves might be on the way out at Wisconsin to become head coach of the New Jersey Devils. Stunner.
I've always found it interesting that so few coaches move from the college ranks to the NHL. I guess the game is different enough at those levels, or perhaps the uncertainity of dealing with a completely different subset of players, is enough to prevent movement like that.

Stewie G is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 03:43 PM
  #222
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
What's clear to me is that the Flyers realized these two were an issue longterm. You want to focus on what makes your argument stand, I want to focus on the here and now, not 12 months ago.
Whatever. There's little evidence that the Flyers' hockey people thought they were an issue long term. There is evidence (their Finals appearance, career extensions) that they weren't an issue.

Rumors were that Ed Snider was not a big fan. Who knows if Holmgren agreed with him, or had his hand forced?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 04:27 PM
  #223
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Whatever. There's little evidence that the Flyers' hockey people thought they were an issue long term. There is evidence (their Finals appearance, career extensions) that they weren't an issue.

Rumors were that Ed Snider was not a big fan. Who knows if Holmgren agreed with him, or had his hand forced?
Little evidence? Jesus dude do you need to be smacked in the face with a hammer to realize it's a hammer?

They just jettisoned their Captain and argubly their best goal scorer, BOTH freshly signed to career contracts. If that's not writing on the wall about those two, nothing is.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 05:11 PM
  #224
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
The lawyer wants beyond beyond BEYOND an unreasonable doubt and youre applying the preponderance of evidence standard.

Similar to the BB is a moron argument.

HSHS is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 05:36 PM
  #225
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,843
vCash: 500
You can make a case that Carter's 46-goal season has not been followed up by the kind of all-world play the Flyers expected from him. Yet where Richards is concerned, there has to be more there than a simple hockey trade. This is one of the best players in the world in his role, that of the top-six, two-way center. This is the Mike Peca of his era. Only Kesler is in the same class. They wanted to change the dynamic of the room, according to Paul Holmgren, direct quote. That means management had some issues with their room.

They could have one down year, but man they have some tremendous young assets now for the future.

Drake1588 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.