HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PHI proposed kadri+kulemin for Richards. Leafs said maybe.

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2011, 05:35 PM
93gilmour93

vCash: 500
I'm glad we didn't trade for carter. Now the leafs that are married don't have to worry about there wives being hit on by a teammate. Richards would be nice but i'm not angry we kept kulemin and kadri.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Kamal007
God Level

vCash: 50
Honestly, this could haunt us in a few years, if Kuley falls off or Kadri doesn't reach his peak. I know its early but its scary what we could have had with Richards. Anyone saying the value is way off is just wrong, the value is very fair. If burke held back because of the locker room issues, I would't mind it but if he held back for no reason other then holding on to Kadri and Kuley, I would be mad.

I doubt Kuley falls off or Kadri doesn't play well but at the same time, it is Mike Richards. This guy could go to LA and become an 80 point, selke nominee for all we know. I'm all over the place when looking at this potential trade.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Cogburn

Would have been worse for the Flyers then the actual trade. Burkes insane, if it was, I don't know, Betts, he'd have bitten I bet.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafmon View Post
Of course with your Leaf hating record that is your spin

how is what I wrote hate??

I commended Burke for the Gunnarsson and Reimer signings, both I said were fantastic...

All I said was he missed out on what the leafs desperatly need (a number 1 center)... 2 of them were dealt today, and Burke missed out, no hate, all truth.

A little sensitive are we?

Old
06-23-2011, 05:37 PM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
Honestly, this could haunt us in a few years, if Kuley falls off or Kadri doesn't reach his peak. I know its early but its scary what we could have had with Richards. Anyone saying the value is way off is just wrong, the value is very fair. If burke held back because of the locker room issues, I would't mind it but if he held back for no reason other then holding on to Kadri and Kuley, I would be mad.

I doubt Kuley falls off or Kadri doesn't play well but at the same time, it is Mike Richards. This guy could go to LA and become an 80 point, selke nominee for all we know. I'm all over the place when looking at this potential trade.
Homer never came back to Burke, so the deal never would've happened anyway once LA made their offer. I hope my words help some of you sleep tonight.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
your joking right?
Bryzgalov , Voracek, Simmonds , Schenn , 8th Overall, 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder + CAPROOM TO SIGN FREE AGENTS for Mike Richards and Carter?

ahahahahahah anyday son.
Bryzgalov -- Good goalie. If he fails. Good luck.
Voracek -- 2nd liner so far.
Simmonds -- third liner.
Schenn-- as unproven as any other top prospect.
2nd rounder
3rd rounder
8th overal -- boom/bust

Give up a 40 goal center and your Captain.

Sorry but this team isn't going to go farther than the one in 09/10. They'll be competitive no doubt but losing Richards/Carter is the same as having them but no goalie.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:38 PM
NeilYoung

Also if your Toronto you've missed the playoffs 7 years in a row looking like 8 next year you need to pull your head out of your ass
Kadri could be a decent second line center
Kulemins a damn good 2nd line winger

But you gotta give to get this is Mike Richards I think leafs fans haven't had a number one center for so long they have no idea what it's like to have one anymore.

But hey Burke and co have fun missing the playoffs again im sure watching Kadri get manhandled every night is a lot better than Mike ****ing Richards

Old
06-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Slvrdwn

if i were a leaf fan i'd be ripping my hair out right now. 1st line centers don't grow on trees. by my count there are 10 teams without legit 1st line C's, and if that was the price i'd have taken it in a second. the only way you can get them usually is through drafting or free agency. this isn't a knock against the leafs, but damn even i wish he pulled the trigger. i think it was the slight hesitation of breaking up their best line that held him back just long enough for LA to swoop in.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Bieber fever

Good move by Burke to declined this trade.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Are you kidding me? Burke said no to this? Christ.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Kamal007
God Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
Homer never came back to Burke, so the deal never would've happened anyway once LA made their offer. I hope my words help some of you sleep tonight.
From the quote, it says that Burke said he will think about it. Instead, if he had said "ok sign the papers, homie", we could have Richards, no?

Old
06-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Last few posts are all ****ing idiots. Burke never said no. Flyers never called back. End of story. The deal was there. Flyers said no. Not Burke.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:43 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
Also if your Toronto you've missed the playoffs 7 years in a row looking like 8 next year you need to pull your head out of your ass
Kadri could be a decent second line center
Kulemins a damn good 2nd line winger

But you gotta give to get this is Mike Richards I think leafs fans haven't had a number one center for so long they have no idea what it's like to have one anymore.

But hey Burke and co have fun missing the playoffs again im sure watching Kadri get manhandled every night is a lot better than Mike ****ing Richards
Can you people read?!?!?!?!?!

BRIAN BURKE ACCEPTED HOLMGREN"S OFFER AND WAS WAITING FOR A CALL BACK TO CONFIRM IT. BUT LOMBARDI CAME IN AND OFFERED A PACKAGE THAT HOLMGREN LIKED BETTER. THEREFORE THE DEAL BETWEEN PHILLY AND TORONTO WAS NEVER MADE AND THE LEAFS REMAIN CENTERLESS.

This has nothing to do with the assets involved. Burke was all for making this deal and i think most leaf fans should as well. But it was Philly who pulled out of the deal so Toronto should in no way be blamed for this.

Old
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
Are you kidding me? Burke said no to this? Christ.

Old
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

This thread proves HF only reads thread titles. It's been stated MULTIPLE times that Burke said he would do it for Richards and not Carter after Holmgren himself asked for those 2. If Holmgren really treated our offer serious, he would have called back before he pulled the trigger on LA's offer. Burke didn't reject it, Holmgren didn't call back because he most likely did not actually want to keep Richards in the EC. Burke did NOT reject it, Holmgren did. So all you people saying Burke fked up, it's not as you blindly think it is.

Learn2readplz.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Fabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
How is it you managed to type all that and yet still haven't learned to read?

Old
06-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHoundsGo View Post
Burke couldn't match either, Schenn-Simmonds is a better package and we dont have the assets to deal for Carter, considering what he brings.

I know you don't like Burke, but why not be objective about it?
I was being objective.

Why would I hate Burke??... he gifted Boston Tyler Seguin, and has helped make Boston a power house for years to come.

I love the guy!!!

Honestly, I have really warmed up to him, the work he did with the blood drive, making sure his players are part of the community, encouraging his players to play in the IIHF World Championships (all accepted their invites except for Phil of course...)... His 2 signings of Reimer/Gunarsson were fantastic... All great stuff. Yes, Burke may be a blow hard, but he is a good GM and certainly has the leafs on the right track.

I think the past year, he has done a great job turning the leafs around.

No hate or issues with Burke at all.

I just think it's extremly rare #1 centers are available, perhaps more than anyother team, the Leafs are desperately needing one... The city of Toronto NEEDS a playoff game, and securing one of Richards/Carter, I may have slotted the Leafs in the playoffs...

As it stands now, they are still a bubble team... with a number 1 center, they are in the post season most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
I'm sorry, but you can't drop the ball if the right deal isn't there. I'm glad he turned down the Carter deal, and with the Richards deal it appears he would have taken it, but it was decided to ship Richards our west. I don't blame Holmgren for dealing Richards out west either, I think it was the smart move to make if he was going to pull the trigger.
No, I don't blame Homer for making that move... but I think if Burke ponied up with the right package, it may have swayed things... never know.

Like I said, offseason isn't over yet.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Vexxed14

Quote:
From the quote, it says that Burke said he will think about it. Instead, if he had said "ok sign the papers, homie", we could have Richards, no?
No that's not how things work

If you offered 5g's for somebody's car and they said yes right away without haggling or even taking a bit to think about it wouldn't you start to think that you were the one getting ripped off?

This is how it works even if Burke says yes immediately:

Philly: "Hey, Richards for Kulemin + Kadri"

Toronto: "Deal"

Philly: "Okay when we're ready to pull the trigger on it we'll get back in touch"

Seriously, don't you ever buy cars or shop for furniture. Even when you are offered the best deal in town you head out to "think", maybe go have lunch, come back and try and get an even better deal or sign the papers.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Mr Lahey*

Quote:

We've wanted Toronto to rebuild internally rather than dealing, I like the move. Lets develop our guys. It sucks we missed out, but I like the patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
I was being objective.

Why would I hate Burke??... he gifted Boston Tyler Seguin, and has helped make Boston a power house for years to come.

I love the guy!!!

Honestly, I have really warmed up to him, the work he did with the blood drive, making sure his players are part of the community, encouraging his players to play in the IIHF World Championships (all accepted their invites except for Phil of course...)... His 2 signings of Reimer/Gunarsson were fantastic...

I think the past year, he has done a great job turning the leafs around.

No hate or issues with Burke at all.

I just think it's extremly rare #1 centers are available, perhaps more than anyother team, the Leafs are desperately needing one... The city of Toronto NEEDS a playoff game, and securing one of Richards/Carter, I may have slotted the Leafs in the playoffs...

As it stands now, they are still a bubble team... with a number 1 center, they are in the post season most likely.

No, I don't blame Homer for making that move... but I think if Burke ponied up with the right package, it may have swayed things... never know.

Oh, so now you're just trolling?

Did you even read the reports? Homer made a different deal, Burke never refused. Go ahead though, get your shots in I guess?

Old
06-23-2011, 05:49 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nieds work ethic View Post
If it was simply Kadri and Kulemin for Richards, then Burke is a moron for not taking that deal.
Yea, fill one hole but create another, potentially two, hole(s)

Old
06-23-2011, 05:49 PM
habsrule22

If Burke doesn't land a NO. 1 centerman, it will be another epic fail off season. His options now is Statsny (if available), Brad Richards and Connolly. Not much else available.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post

He did though. He waited for the Flyers call back to make the deal and it never came as Lombardi got in with that offer. Burke never had the opportunity to make the trade offer better. If he was given the chance, who knows what might have happened. But I do think Holmgren made the right decision.

Old
Tie Domi Esquire
;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
How is it you managed to type all that and yet still haven't learned to read?
It's obvious he's a retard, you don't have to ask.

Old
ARS

The LA deal is better than what the Flyers wanted from the Leafs.

I firmly believe that Kulemin was a product of his ice time, much like Matt Stajan during his time in Toronto. I doubt he would get anything more than 13 mins per game on the Flyers. Kadri is a good one, but I think Schenn has higher upside, both will be good NHL players someday.

Old
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Burke never said no, Holmgren was the one who said "we'll get back to you" but never did, his intention was to trade Richards to the West from the start. Stop twisting it to make it seem like it was all Burke's fault.

Also, the love-fest for Brayden Schenn is hilarious. He's proven no more than Kadri has at the NHL level, and in terms of raw skill Kadri is better while Schenn is a more complete player.

Kulemin >> Simmonds AINEC.

The gap between Kulemin and Simmonds is not made up by Schenn over Kadri, so it's laughable when people say L.A.'s package was better. If anything, the main reason they gained some leverage is because they play in the West.

Closed Thread