HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Richards refused to waive NMC today

Old
06-23-2011, 07:15 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

vCash: 500
I'm not going to call Richards a *********, but.. come on, let Dallas get something out of this

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:16 PM
GardenRomer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
He negotiated a contract and wanted a NMC attached to it.

He's choosing to use that NMC and doesn't want his rights traded.

It's like you guys expect people to negotiate NMCs but waive them whenever the team asks.
But why not have negotiation rights traded? How does that affect Richards in any tangible way?

He was willing to waive to NYR at the trade deadline which is a much bigger deal than one week of his contract in the summer.

Dick move no matter how you cut it.

GardenRomer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
He negotiated a contract and wanted a NMC attached to it.

He's choosing to use that NMC and doesn't want his rights traded.

It's like you guys expect people to negotiate NMCs but waive them whenever the team asks.
Fans tend to have some of the most embarrassing and hypocritical double-standards.

If I was Richards I'd just leave my cell phone turned off until July 1st, and tell my agent not to take any calls.

Epsilon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:17 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

The people here saying Richards is a dick are being dicks themselves.

What's the point of Richards doing that when he said himself he wants to test the open market, and even if Dallas gets somethign in return he's screwing over another team in the process.

How would it feel if a team gave up a draft pick or two for his rights, only to find out that he had no intention of signing with them or even negotiating from the start and going to the open market?

That's just as bad as Dallas not getting anything.

People here act like such children sometimes.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:19 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Fuss View Post
I find no possible reason as to why he'd hamper Dallas like that.

He knows this much that Dallas is not re-signing him. He won't be bound to the team acquiring his rights, and can still explore the market on July 1st.

Strange.
Like I said a million times only to be ridiculed later. Brad Richards does not want to give false hope to a team aquiring him that he would sign with them. And they would be busting their hump to try and sign him over the next week or so and he wants to go to a different team. The teams fans would boo him loudly everytime he played that team and he rather not go through that. So he is declining to the trade AND THATS HIS RIGHT. How can fans bust on him like you guys are. He didnt give him that contract. He is just doing whats contractually right. If you guys dont like it. Dont give out NMC or NTC or TRADE for a player with the NMC or NTC.

How people are spinning this as brad richards is a jerk for this is beyond me. He knows he doesnt want to agree to a trade and have to deal with that team and if he ultimately says no (He probably knows where he wants to sign and being in free-agency will help elevate his money per year and length of the contract).

If he signs with a team prior to free agency he will probably be leaving money on the table and years on the table. God forbid this guy decides to go to free agency with a clear mind and not have this linger over his head.

Imagine again, what the fans would say about this guy if he let a team he had no reason to sign for, trade for him?

Bad business ad this guy obviously agree's with my thinking. Hence him denying the trade. So you can laugh all you want or tell me how retarded that line of thinking is.. but in the end.. its the EXACT thinking brad richards is thinking.

/thread

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:20 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Richards and his agent Pat Morris said three weeks ago they weren't waiving the NTC. Nothing changed.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
23 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
I'm on board with "dick move on Richards' part".

He'll be a UFA, he doesn't have to sign with anybody he doesn't want to. Bring traded to another team doesn't mean he has to sign with them.

Yeah but then he'd be called a dick if he didn't sign with the team that traded for his rights.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:21 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Brad Richards clearly wants to wait until July 1st to see every offer that's available to him and then make his decision.

He doesn't want to feel burdened to have to sign with the team that acquires his rights.

Supposedly it was TOR offering a 2nd round pick for the rights to Richards.

I don't think he has any obligations to Dallas anymore.

06-23-2011, 07:22 PM
topnotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Weathers View Post
He wants to keep every team/opportunity fresh and untainted, if that makes sense.

he wants teams bidding under the pressure cooker that is July 1. the last thing he wants is to be traded to a team that offers a contract to him that he doesnt like, which in turn leaks out to other GMs thus reducing the volume and caliber of offers he gets on July 1
Exactly!

Richards risks losing out on money by potentially reducing the number of buyers on July 1st.

He has no obligation to waive his NMC and is doing what's best for him.

topnotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:22 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenRomer View Post
But why not have negotiation rights traded? How does that affect Richards in any tangible way?

He was willing to waive to NYR at the trade deadline which is a much bigger deal than one week of his contract in the summer.

CAUSE HE IS WILLING TO WAIVE TO GO TO A TEAM HE WANTS TO SIGN WITH and NOT with a team he has no intention to sign with.. that is making him a dick?

Bro, you need to rethink your angle... He is doing what he wants as per his contract. No need to call him a dick. As a matter of fact, I call Newy a dick for negotiating trades for this guy even though he does not want to waive it. And then leak it to the press to make b. richards look bad.

THAT IS A DICK MOVE IN ITSELF

Old
06-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
I'm on board with "dick move on Richards' part".

He'll be a UFA, he doesn't have to sign with anybody he doesn't want to. Bring traded to another team doesn't mean he has to sign with them.
It's a can't win for Richards. Fans of Dallas think it's a dick move for him not to help them. But it's OK for another team to give up assets for him and then have him refuse to negotiate with them? I bet a lot of people would consider that a dick move, too.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:23 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:

He doesn't need a reason. He negotiated the NMC and is using it.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:24 PM
SML

Richards waiving is like a chick agreeing to go out to an expensive dinner and a more expensive show with you, even though there's no chance you're going to see her naked, much less get any. The decision is made. No amount of schmoozing will change it. There. I thought I would put it in terms most of you could understand. Props to him for not leading a team dumb enough to trade for him on. You want him, pay up.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Edge of Sanity*

So what's the FINAL list of everyone that we expect to be involved in signing Richards?

Toronto

Is that it? Seriously? I'm not a Leafs fan either so please don't accuse me of it, but with NYR having issues with not being able to buy out Drury, the Kings already trading for Richards, Philly locking themselves into a ridiculous hole... I just don't see who else is left. Oh, Tampa I guess, just those two?

Edge of Sanity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

It's hilarious how some people act like it's a character flaw if an imminent UFA decides they want to test the market without interference.

Epsilon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:33 PM
gatosauce12345

i wonder if richards will pull a lebron james???

".... and imma take my talents to............"

gatosauce12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
It's hilarious how some people act like it's a character flaw if an imminent UFA decides they want to test the market without interference.
Why are you implying that a trade now would prevent him from doing that?

06-23-2011, 07:34 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFanInCanada View Post
Okay, so you either be a dick to your former team or be a dick to a random team...... shouldn't be a hard choice

I lost some respect for Richards
well if hes traded hed be a dick to his current team if he didnt resign using your logic.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:35 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Brad Richards clearly wants to wait until July 1st to see every offer that's available to him and then make his decision.

He doesn't want to feel burdened to have to sign with the team that acquires his rights.

Supposedly it was TOR offering a 2nd round pick for the rights to Richards.

I don't think he has any obligations to Dallas anymore.
Not true, confirmed by Damien Cox. That *************** idiot was just making **** up again.

Quote:
You are aware that Montreal was given the rights to negotiate with Sundin correct? He didnt refuse to have his rights traded.

You are aware that's not what he's talking about right? He's referring to the trade deadline fiasco three years ago.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:38 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Not true, confirmed by Damien Cox. That *************** idiot was just making **** up again.
Oh I didn't hear that. And didn't know that *************** was creating the rumor.

Thanks for the clear up.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:38 PM
OhCanadaOhCanadaOHHH*

What most of you younglings need to remember is that Brad does not owe anybody anything. He put in his time in Dallas. He has been very open and up front with his plans and should be treated better.

OhCanadaOhCanadaOHHH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:40 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge of Sanity View Post
So what's the FINAL list of everyone that we expect to be involved in signing Richards?

Toronto

Is that it? Seriously? I'm not a Leafs fan either so please don't accuse me of it, but with NYR having issues with not being able to buy out Drury, the Kings already trading for Richards, Philly locking themselves into a ridiculous hole... I just don't see who else is left. Oh, Tampa I guess, just those two?
It blows my mind how "fans" can overlook the fact that the LTIR can let the rangers spend up to and a little over 7 MILLION IN FREE AGENCY to receive the LTIR benefit AND ALSO that buying out Wolski saves the SAME EXACT cap hit as Drury would.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:40 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

He's not waiving because he knows where he wants to sign and only wants to negotiate with that team. By waiving, he'd basically be saying to the team that acquired his rights that he's open to hearing their offer.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 07:42 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Oh I didn't hear that. And didn't know that *************** was creating the rumor.

Thanks for the clear up.
*************** is an IDIOT.

You have a better chance at hearing a LEGIT rumor from ME who has NOT ONE IOTA of a source than ***************.

This guy SHOULD BE incarcerated for his B.S. rumors.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:43 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
*************** is an IDIOT.

You have a better chance at hearing a LEGIT rumor from ME who has NOT ONE IOTA of a source than ***************.

This guy SHOULD BE incarcerated for his B.S. rumors.
Yes I know who incarcerated bob is.

I don't need any clarifications, thanks.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote