HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whale sign C Jonathan Audy-Marchessault

Old
09-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Jesus friggin Christ...these guys need to pick one friggin last name. The announcers already do it for them, so the transition should be seamless.
You should the thankful the NHL isn't full of people who put their stupid nicknames on the jerseys instead of the real ones, like Chicharito or Ochocinco.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:26 AM
NYR Viper

Well I feel this thread deserves a bump with his very good start. Would anyone be opposed to the Rangers offering him an ELC that kicks in next season?

I think he has been impressive so far for a 20 year old in the AHL.

11p in 12gp as a rookie.

Even if he slows down and scores 45-50 points, that's a pretty impressive season from a 20 year old rookie in the AHL.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I would have preferred giving him one over Missiaen, Klassen, and the list goes on.

Kid has a spring to his step and an arrogance to his game. I like it.

11-08-2011, 09:34 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Well, he apparently was offered an ELC during the offseason, but opted to show his stuff with an AHL deal instead. I'd imagine his hot start would only increase the team's interest in having him signed to an NHL deal.

I was vocal in my skepticism of him (and am still skeptical to some degree), but he has certainly gotten off to an impressive start. Good for him, I hope he can keep it up.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:50 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Well, he apparently was offered an ELC during the offseason, but opted to show his stuff with an AHL deal instead. I'd imagine his hot start would only increase the team's interest in having him signed to an NHL deal.

I was vocal in my skepticism of him (and am still skeptical to some degree), but he has certainly gotten off to an impressive start. Good for him, I hope he can keep it up.
I thought he was offered a 2 year AHL deal? Instead he opted to take the 1-year deal because he thought he could get an ELC after his first year.

I just see him as very driven and even if he stops developing, he would be a great addition long-term to the WhalePack.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:51 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I thought he was offered a 2 year AHL deal? Instead he opted to take the 1-year deal because he thought he could get an ELC after his first year.

I just see him as very driven and even if he stops developing, he would be a great addition long-term to the WhalePack.
Yeah you're right, that's what was reported. I was confused.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

The Rangers offered him a two year deal. It was reported that another team offered him a two way NHL deal, but he did not like the money.

So he rejected both, and went with a one year AHL deal, figuring he will make more money after a successful AHL rookie season.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote