HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Trades and Signings Around the League (Buffalo signs Ehrhoff - 10 yrs/$40 million)

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2011, 04:36 AM
PhillyFrisco

vCash: 500
Kessel, Grabo + Gunnar for Malkin. I would do it.

Old
06-24-2011, 05:21 AM
D3ADLY

Luke Schenn

I am just wondering if Toronto is considering trading Luke Schenn. There is a fan buzz going on twitter (which i am not using as source) that Schenn could be had for the right price. What is the right price? Any talks for Stastny is started with Schenn being mentioned (by fan comments). As good as Stastny is loosing Schenn PLUS is not worth it. I for one is not sold on this we need to keep Luke he is simply the best DD we have and maybe the best in few years in the whole league. To be honest i would be pissed if he was to be traded out of Toronto but you never know what the return will be like. I believe and many of you might agree to this that Luke Schenn and Nikolai Kulemin are the cornerstone of this franchise and trading them might put us back 2 steps. This time of the year is really exciting but I am kind of worried as well I just hope Burke comes out today with announcing an extension for Luke Schenn.

Old
06-24-2011, 05:31 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

a fan buzz?

on twitter?

Old
06-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Yosho
Logic

All this talk of a big trade today has me reallllllly worried about Schenns future.

Obviously, he can be traded for the right player(s), but the likelihood of me being satisfied with any return for Schenn is nearly impossible.

Old
06-24-2011, 05:36 AM
D3ADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
a fan buzz?

on twitter?

what i meant by fan buzz was people tweeting speculations

Old
06-24-2011, 06:06 AM
PEILeafsFan

I hope Schenn stays but I mean, to get something good you have to give something good. If there is a "big" deal you can bet your buttons either Schenn or Kadri is going the other way. I think Burke has said that he would pull the trigger on a deal involving Schenn or Kadri if the right deal came along, not that he's looking to. IMO, if Schenn goes, it will be for a significant overpayment. Like if a Stamkos type player came available, he would have to include Schenn in the deal to even get a sniff of the action. There is lots of discussion on this topic in the "Biggest Trade in Team History Thread" which has Eklund as a source so take it for what its worth.

Old
06-24-2011, 06:17 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer84Instinct View Post
what i meant by fan buzz was people tweeting speculations
ya I understood.

people have been tossing Schenn's name into speculative trades since we drafted him though..

Old
06-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Raging Bull

I like Schenn, but it's not like he isn't replaceable. If he has to be included in a deal for an elite young forward, it's not the end of the world.

Old
06-24-2011, 06:23 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
ya I understood.

people have been tossing Schenn's name into speculative trades since we drafted him though..
i think if stamkos gets moved u gotta start with offering schenn ......i mean he can play he is one of the best 21 year old dman in the league could happen

Old
06-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

He's definitely not signing because he is waiting to see if Burke could trade for his brother. They always wanted to play together, and Luke won't sign a deal unless he is sure he will be playing with his brother.

Just my opinion though,

Old
06-24-2011, 06:45 AM
RonEllisFan

A big stud defenceman is a too important piece of a puzzle for a good team, eg. pronger, Chara, please stop this talk, BB won't let this happen

Old
06-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
If hes traded it leaves a bigger hole than we had before.

Old
06-24-2011, 06:50 AM
MarcWagz

I just got a schenn jersey

Old
06-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
All this talk of a big trade today has me reallllllly worried about Schenns future.

Obviously, he can be traded for the right player(s), but the likelihood of me being satisfied with any return for Schenn is nearly impossible.
This. I've been so excited for this day for the last month but now I'm too worried about losing Schenn.

Old
06-24-2011, 06:59 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
I like Schenn, but it's not like he isn't replaceable. If he has to be included in a deal for an elite young forward, it's not the end of the world.
Absolutely this.

Schenn is great, but players like him, while very important to a team, are much easier to replace than what we could potentially trade him for due to the fact that he is still young and has room to improve. I'm not saying he won't be a great hockey player, because he will, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if he was moved.

Old
06-24-2011, 07:04 AM
DelGriffith

The only person I'd trade schenn for in package is Zachary Parise

Old
06-24-2011, 07:04 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Man, couple big names get moved and everyone checks their patience at the door huh? Haven't I spent most of two months reading that we either a) get Richards b) some other UFA ala Connolly to bide some time or c) a MacDonald type guy in a minor-ish trade? The key being do not blow up the youth in some rush for a 1C at this point?

Personally, just because Carter and M. Richards were traded, I haven't changed my stance. I would not have done Kuly and Kadri, no way no how, for either. Kuly is tremendous and very young still, he's a beast, and then to throw in our top prospect too? No way.. we're not at the point where you make that deal. Make that deal to put you over the top for a Cup, but not bleeding now. Ugh.

Sometimes big trades happen that don't involve the Leafs folks. It's okay, other teams are allowed to do that.
You're right, but on the flip side, everyone had to see two legitimate top line centers being traded in a span of minutes yesterday. When we've been sitting here for quite some time wondering how exactly that position was going to get filled on this team, I'm sure it was hard for some to witness that, and not run wild with speculation about what might happen here.

Blockbuster fever?

Old
06-24-2011, 07:10 AM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Hole Inspector View Post
Malkin isn't moving to Toronto. People have to get this out of their heads, regardless like any #1 C its going to take atleast; Kulemin, Kadri, PHI 1st ++ IMO
Apparently it would only take Kadri + Kulemin.

Old
06-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcWagz View Post
I just got a schenn jersey
That settles it, he will be gone by the end of the summer. Why the heck did you have to go and get his name on a Jersey? Don't you know that is bad luck? My rule of thumb is only get the names of players on jerseys that you want out of Toronto...

Old
06-24-2011, 07:14 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Trading Kulemin would be a huge mistake unless we are getting a center like Staal back. 24 years old, just came off a 30 goal campaign, and potential to be a 35-35 player that's good at both ends of the ice.

Old
06-24-2011, 07:15 AM
Larcos_Unal

is stastny worth 10 1st rounders?

that settles it then...

Old
06-24-2011, 07:17 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Unless we are talking about a player like Parise or Staal then we better be keeping him

Old
06-24-2011, 07:22 AM
SteveV*

Typical Leafs Fan:

Hey, we need a top center but only if we don't have to give up ANYTHING. Everyone is untouchable.

Old
06-24-2011, 07:25 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Typical Leafs Fan:

Hey, we need a top center but only if we don't have to give up ANYTHING.
I'm fine with trading Kadri, Gunnar, Gardiner, this yrs 1sts, 2nd rounders, Grabo, Mac and maybe Aulie. Just not Kuley or Schenn (unless we are talking Staal type center)

Old
06-24-2011, 07:33 AM
hockeywiz542

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...kggHqqMjFKwVmK

Quote:
For by dealing captain Mike Richards and the nine remaining years ($5.75M cap hit) on his contract to L.A. for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds an hour or so after dealing Jeff Carter and the 11 remaining years on his deal ($5.273M per) to Columbus for Jake Voracek and two draft picks, Philadelphia has cleared both space under the $64.3M cap and space down the middle to be in position to make a serious run at impending free agent center Brad Richards, the apple of Blueshirt coach John Tortorella's eye.

The Kings are likely out, so that's one big-market club GM Glen Sather won't have to concern himself with in pursuing Richards, but the Flyers' track record in handing out the type of huge, long-term deal that No. 91 is seeking -- including yesterday's nine-year, $51M deal with impending free agent goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov -- makes them the far more dangerous competition. The Maple Leafs as well will be in the hunt.

Multiple sources have told The Post that the 31-year-old, 2004 Conn Smythe Trophy winner is seeking an eight-year contract in the range of $50M to $55M, a number that could escalate in a triangular bidding war between revenue powerhouses in Manhattan, Philadelphia and Toronto.

It's unknown just how far the Rangers, who have a disastrous track record relating to long-term, pricey free-agent signings, will extend themselves to get Richards. It is known, however, that Tortorella is aggressively pushing for the addition of the only potential difference-maker on the open market, one with whom he has a marvelous relationship.

Closed Thread