HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good Schremp Article

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2004, 11:04 AM
McJadeddog

vCash: 500
thinking that you can score and actually scoring are completely different things (not that i need to tell you that, lol)...... i think we all have to realize that schremp might not ever play a game in the NHL (i doubt this myself, but at least be ready for it)..... and if he does play he might end up a 2nd liner who score 15 goals a season for all we know.... what im trying to say is that nothing is for certain and we should stop talking about this kid like he scored 45 goals last year

*edit* i too beleive keeping dougie away from modano was a good thing, the modano of 5 years ago was one of the most complete centerman in the entire league, man he was good

Old
07-25-2004, 11:46 PM
Aziolkowski

Send a message via Yahoo to Aziolkowski
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
lets see when he plays a game--

in 5 years we will have a nice long discussion about the boy. If I am wrong--I know I will be eating crow--however--if he falls on his face(like I think he will) those who are giving themselves pats on the the oilers backs--I will be posting the comments and shot that have been taken at me. If I am wrong--I will eat crow--and if I am right--I fully expect you all to chow down as well
You are a rather pesamistic person, I'm not sure if he'll score 40 in his first serson either but you have too think he won't fall flat either. If your not optomistic as an oiler's fan your headed for a lot of grey hair and an early grave.

Old
07-25-2004, 11:54 PM
se7en*

If there any truth to fans (mostly Flames fans not surprisingly) rushing to discredit Schremp because of this non-existant bad attitude I keep hearing about? Just wondering.

Old
07-26-2004, 12:20 AM
USC Trojans
New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootchie Cootchie
If there any truth to fans (mostly Flames fans not surprisingly) rushing to discredit Schremp because of this non-existant bad attitude I keep hearing about? Just wondering.
98% of the people who talk about Schremp here have never seen him in person, and base their opinions on what they have read in reports or heard from other people.

You get other fans who say he's gonna flop because of his attitude because they read in some newspaper that he demanded a trade in juniors etc.etc. Then you have Oiler fans who think he'll be the next supstar based on a couple of positive scouting reports that they've read. That's usually how it works here on this board.

So I guess its best to wait your judgement on him until he actually steps on the ice in an Oilers uniform.

Closed Thread