HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Brayden Schenn - How good will he be?

Old
06-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Kings fan. You will love Schenn.

You will learn to hate leafs fans even more. Get ready for Schenn and a 1st for Aulie proposals.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:34 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post

You will learn to hate leafs fans even more. Get ready for Schenn and a 1st for Aulie proposals.
I need a bad-decent prospect before I'm sold.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:34 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:

We are used to ignoring Leafs fans, they have been after Carter for years with Kaberle and now Kadri proposals.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 02:19 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:

So psyched we got Schenn, can't wait til this season gets underway. Hoping to see Schenn out there during opening night.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 02:30 PM
WKFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Scores the game winning goal in overtime of game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals next season.

Still mad?
Sorry bud, bad assumption. Sadly my team hasn't been anywhere near a game seven for longer than I care to admit.

WKFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:

Damnit, one of the secondary upsides of these trades was that the Leafs fans would go away.

06-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKFan View Post
Sorry bud, bad assumption. Sadly my team hasn't been anywhere near a game seven for longer than I care to admit.
Are you done?

I don't think you get what he was trying to say.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:08 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
http://phillysportsdaily.com/flyers/...mike-richards/

Quote:
Mike Richards’ name has been thrown around a lot lately, and not just because he was traded. If the Flyers move up in the draft they seem to like Gabriel Landeskog who has been compared to Richards. But one of the players they got in return for the former captain, Brayden Schenn, compared himself to Richards.

“I try to play the complete package — do it all,” Schenn said in a conference call with reporters. “The guy I always tried to play my game after is Mike Richards. Hit guys and put up points, [scoring goals]. That’s what I’m all about.”

Many consider Schenn to be the best prospect not to be in the NHL. Although he played eight games for the Los Angeles Kings last season, he spent most of his time in the WHL.

So does he have a legitimate shot at making the Flyers roster come training camp?

“The guy that’s really going to answer that is Brayden Schenn,” Holmgren said on Thursday. “We view him as one of the top young players not playing in the league. He’s had a little bit of a taste with Los Angeles over the last two years, and he went to the American league last year and played some games at the end of the season.”
Quote:
Still in Los Angeles, at Jarret Stoll’s golf outing, Schenn ran into one of his new teammates in Scott Hartnell who is also at the event.
“He seemed pretty excited,” Schenn said. “I kind of talked to him about what Philly is all about.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Gibbs18

Compared to Mike Richards type of player O_O

Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:54 PM
A Clerk
Schennergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs18 View Post

Compared to Mike Richards type of player O_O
The last minute would explain why. But he is definitly more offensive than Richie is.

A Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 06:21 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I know the names Richards, Kesler, Toews have come up when talking about Schenn, but the guy I really think he's a lot like is Ronnie Francis. He's a really smart player and his hands and vision are world class. People might talk about his average skating ability, but his skating is good enough and having that innate ability to slow down a game to his speed and take over is something that everyone will appreciate.

He's going to be a third line player for the first couple of years while he gets his feet underneath him. I'm content with the way Laviolette will bring him along. Laviolette has a track record of developing young players and I don't think it'll be any different with Schenn.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:45 PM
TopT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
damn. i would.

What number did Schenn wear for the Kings/Monarchs/Blades?
Wouldn it be smart to wait if he cracks youre lineup :-) ever) ?

As a kings fan I hated the Schenn pick from the start and am absolutely delighted with this trade. Schenn is the most overrated prospect in recent years.

BTW I am not so familiar youre lineup; which line did Richard center ?

TopT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopT View Post
Wouldn it be smart to wait if he cracks youre lineup ?

As a kings fan I hated the Schenn pick from the start and am absolutely delighted with this trade. Schenn is the most overrated prospect in recent years.
YOU'RE NOT HELPING US FEEL BETTER.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:51 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
This good <==============================>

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
BTW I am not so familiar youre lineup; which line did Richard center ?
The line at the bar.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:03 AM
TopT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
YOU'RE NOT HELPING US FEEL BETTER.

Sorry; just trying to be realistic after reading some crazy evaluation of his talent in this thread. He will never be Mike Richards as thought by some (not me) at the draft. He will be Jarett Stoll, an average second liner

Old
06-25-2011, 12:04 AM
TopT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
The line at the bar.

that is a good one

Old
06-25-2011, 12:08 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Sorry; just trying to be realistic after reading some crazy evaluation of his talent in this thread. He will never be Mike Richards as thought by some (not me) at the draft. He will be Jarett Stoll, an average second liner
Eh, Im actually kinda happy not everyone is thinking he is going to be amazing. Ussually when that happens, and even when he performs well the fans become severely unhappy with him, continuously comparing him to Richards. In the end though, I kinda agree with what most people say he is going to be in his prime 60-80 point guy with some solid defense. That is pretty much what Mike Richards is, so if that is what Schenn is I will be happy.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:14 AM
TopT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Eh, Im actually kinda happy not everyone is thinking he is going to be amazing. Ussually when that happens, the players get full of themselves, and under performs, while the fans become severely unhappy with them. In the end though, I kinda agree with what most people say he is going to be in his prime 60-80 point guy with some solid defense. That is pretty much what Mike Richards is, so if that is what Schenn is I will be happy.
Well, he already has some great deal of pressure on his back; he was traded for youre best player (my opinion)
And he does have history with under performing while under pressure.
On the bright side you did also get Simmer who I did like and am sorry to see him go. I remember a lot of debates who is better Richards or Kopi. I cant believe we now have them both. These are good times to be a Kings fan. Finally

Old
06-25-2011, 11:55 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
Well, he already has some great deal of pressure on his back; he was traded for youre best player (my opinion)
And he does have history with under performing while under pressure.On the bright side you did also get Simmer who I did like and am sorry to see him go. I remember a lot of debates who is better Richards or Kopi. I cant believe we now have them both. These are good times to be a Kings fan. Finally
His 18 points in 7 games in the WJ says otherwise, including a goal and an assist in the Gold medal game. PPG player in playoffs at junior and A.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
He is not a mike richards type player, not even close. He is projected to have quite a bit more offensive upside. The thing about richards is that he actually doesnt have world class skill, he is just a smart, good hockey player, that uses drive and determination to make himself a great player. Schenn has quite a bit more naturally talent...and while he may be a secone line center behind giroux I would be shocked if he wasnt far and beyond better than jarrett stoll.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Can you tell me next weeks lottery numbers please. Considering that you know everything

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
And he does have history with under performing while under pressure.
On the bright side you did also get Simmer who I did like and am sorry to see him go. I remember a lot of debates who is better Richards or Kopi. I cant believe we now have them both. These are good times to be a Kings fan. Finally
I dont even know where to begin with this post. First of all schenn had pressure on him ever since he was a first round pick and then everyone in hockey said he was going to be a superstar. Secondly how does he have a history of under performing? He had 18 points in 7 games last year for canada in the WJC. Do you even follow hockey enough to know what tournament that is? Long before he was a flyer I still thought he was a wicked young player. Finally, comparing Richards to Kopitar? For what reason, two totally different players... go back to your own board please

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 01:14 PM
TopT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckistanFlyerfan View Post
His 18 points in 7 games in the WJ says otherwise, including a goal and an assist in the Gold medal game. PPG player in playoffs at junior and A.
Have you checked against which teams did he score all those points ?
Also he was one of the oldest players in tournament.

Also this season in juniors he disappeared in playoffs on a stacked team.
Saskatoon gave up a farm for him and he didnt deliver

Old
06-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Hughes

Quote:
Have you checked against which teams did he score all those points ?
Also he was one of the oldest players in tournament.

Also this season in juniors he disappeared in playoffs on a stacked team.
Saskatoon gave up a farm for him and he didnt deliver
I didn't watch any of the games, but I won't complain with 11 points in 10 games played in the playoffs.

Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote