HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you're a D-man on the FA market

Old
06-24-2011, 10:13 AM
HABsurde

vCash: 500
If you're a D-man on the FA market

What would make you come to Montreal?

If your Offensive, you will ask big money, but with Markov at 5'75 and Subban (the new god) you could only be consider # 3 in MTL, then why would you come?

If your defensive, Markov and Subban are ahead of you, it's Gill and Gorges speciality and since you're an FA you will ask big money, so why would you come here

if you would be a GM and knowing what the team already as, who would you target on D on the FA market???

PS: And until proven otherwise, Spacek is still here so unless him or Weber gets traded or that Yemelin is such a bust that he leaves, we might only have one spot open...

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Ketzlaf

vCash: 500
If you are Gauthier, you probably aren't looking for a D on the FA market. I would love to see Wisniewski come back, especially ahead of a Jagr or a 4.5M$ Laich, but I can't see it happening. Assuming Gorges and Weber come back, the D is Markov, Subban, Gill, Gorges, Spacek, Emelin and Weber. Nash will most likely get some games. I think this is an acceptable D while we wait for Spacek to come off the books.

If Gauthier can spend the available money on a scoring winger, then he has to go for it. If he can't get it done, Wisniewski must get an offer. That will probably push Weber on the 4th line, which is better than having Pyatt or even Pouliot (which I would resign btw, who knows what can happen!).

Markov - Subban - Wisniewski is a formiable trio of offensive weapons. No more Gorges - Spacek on the 2nd PP unit haha!

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
I have a feeling Wisniewski is going to sign in Toronto for 5 million a year.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote