HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predator prospect updates

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Team, Player, GP, G, A, P, PIM
Kamloops, Paul Brown 2 1 2 3 11
Toronto St. Michaels, Kevin Klein 2 0 1 1 0
Owen Sound Attack, Patrick Jarrett 2 0 2 2 0

That's it so far

Stehlik hasn't dressed for the Lewiston Maineacs yet

Old
09-25-2003, 02:42 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Sergei Soin HC CSKA 4 games, 0 points, 2 PIM's
Grigory Shafigulin Yaroslavl 4 games, 0 points, 2 PIM's
Andrei Mukhachev HC CSKA 1 game, 0 points
Konstantin Glazachev Yaroslavl 1 games, 1 assist.

Matt Hendricks, St. Cloud State, season starts on October 11th
Matt Koalska Minnesota, season starts on October 10th
Ryan Suter, Wisconsin, season starts on October 11th.

Keep in mind that all the sites involving our Russians are in Russian. Also keep in mind that Smokey cannot, I repeat cannot, read Russian. And apparently neither can AltaVista.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:53 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Sergei Soin HC CSKA 4 games, 0 points, 2 PIM's
Grigory Shafigulin Yaroslavl 4 games, 0 points, 2 PIM's
Andrei Mukhachev HC CSKA 1 game, 0 points
Konstantin Glazachev Yaroslavl 1 games, 1 assist.

Matt Hendricks, St. Cloud State, season starts on October 11th
Matt Koalska Minnesota, season starts on October 10th
Ryan Suter, Wisconsin, season starts on October 11th.

Keep in mind that all the sites involving our Russians are in Russian. Also keep in mind that Smokey cannot, I repeat cannot, read Russian. And apparently neither can AltaVista.
ah, so, maybe...in russian, "0" is actually an alphabetic character denoting "28?"

Old
09-25-2003, 03:08 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
ah, so, maybe...in russian, "0" is actually an alphabetic character denoting "28?"
LOL, the RSL is a very low scoring league. The best player on Yaroslavl barely averaged a half a point per game. Same with HC CSKA.

Old
09-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
LOL, the RSL is a very low scoring league. The best player on Yaroslavl barely averaged a half a point per game. Same with HC CSKA.
want to know why the RSL is a very low scoring league?...their is no RED LINE

Old
09-28-2003, 09:55 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
want to know why the RSL is a very low scoring league?...their is no RED LINE

That would be an interesting discussion. I have never seen RSL hockey so I can't comment. It is odd that they have so much offensive talent there and yet they still score less. I would love to hear comments from those who have watched a good deal of the RSL.

Old
09-28-2003, 02:52 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
That would be an interesting discussion. I have never seen RSL hockey so I can't comment. It is odd that they have so much offensive talent there and yet they still score less. I would love to hear comments from those who have watched a good deal of the RSL.
I was listening to the pre-game interview with Barry Trotz and the interviewer asked Barry something to the affect, "what would be some good rule changes for the sport of hockey?" Barry responded with, moving the end lines back to create more attacking room in the offensive zones, but I've also heard that people want to remove the red-line, I think that would be a very bad idea, and would take the forechecking out of the games, defensemen would not be pinching, and turn it in to even more of a methodical game than it already is.

Old
09-28-2003, 03:39 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I was listening to the pre-game interview with Barry Trotz and the interviewer asked Barry something to the affect, "what would be some good rule changes for the sport of hockey?" Barry responded with, moving the end lines back to create more attacking room in the offensive zones, but I've also heard that people want to remove the red-line, I think that would be a very bad idea, and would take the forechecking out of the games, defensemen would not be pinching, and turn it in to even more of a methodical game than it already is.
Removing the Red Line makes sense on the surface. No two line passes mean that offenses can stretch the ice and make longer breakout passes. But what will the defense do. When defensive Dmen step on the ice, you might see them wait until the puck is deep in their zone before they near the offensive blueline. And even then, when possession is forfeited (if only momentarily), they are likely going to bust ass backwards in hopes they can stave off that greedy speedster just waiting for the long breakout pass.

I don't think removing the Red Line works. Maybe they should remove it in the ECHL or even the AHL (Though I would be wary of this) to see if it works. Who knows, all the thinking in the world may not apply. Offense just might go up.

But I think a better way to do this is expanding the rinks. Or atleast make it the rinks descretion. Places like Nashville could do this easily and cheaply because the bottom 10 or so rows are removable. And that extra open ice will atleast improve the speed of the game, if not scoring. And don't tell me that it removes the most expensive seats on the ice because surely you aren't that foolish. When expanding the ice surface, it, in effect, removes the top 2 or 3 rows from the lower bowl. Because row 4, or whatever it's called will quickly become row 1 and row 4's prices will rise accordingly. Now, we can't make up for the loss of the top 2 or 3 rows (along the sides only) and for that, not much can be said. If you do the math, it's a little less than 1 million dollars in lost potential revenue. But that's assuming that those seats are sold night in and night out and frankly, they aren't. I would venture to say the loss is in the neighborhood of $750,000. If the Preds make the playoffs, I would imagine this would be offset. And, with a larger ice surface, a great skating team like the Preds will flourish. They are, as a whole, as fast as any team in the league. When teams like the Bruins or Flyers come to town, our advantage will show even greater (we torched the B's last year down here because they couldn't even come close to handling our speed).

Old
09-28-2003, 06:32 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Kamloops, Paul Brown 3 1 2 3 15
Toronto St. Michaels, Kevin Klein 4 0 1 1 2
Owen Sound Attack, Patrick Jarrett 5 1 5 6 2

Old
09-30-2003, 08:29 AM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Fan.At Send a message via MSN to Fan.At
Oliver Setzinger scored in today's loss against Tappara Tampere. His team is last in the league, but Setzinger has 1g 1a and is -2 in 7 games...

which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!
Old
09-30-2003, 07:52 PM
Donga

Has Richard Stehlik played a game for the Maineiacs since he has been cut?? I can't seem to find him anywhere...

Old
10-04-2003, 05:50 PM
"TheTrain"

Pat Jarrett had 1G and 2A today for Owen Sound giving him 2G and 8A for the season. He leads his team in points and looks to have a much better year than last season.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:59 PM
"TheTrain"

Stehlik played in his first game for the Maniacs registering 1A, 6PIM and a +1. Hopefully this is just the beginning of his success in the Q.

Old
10-06-2003, 01:59 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Kamloops, Paul Brown 6 1 3 4 28
Toronto St. Michaels, Kevin Klein 5 0 1 1 2
Owen Sound Attack, Patrick Jarrett 7 2 8 10 2
Lewiston Maineacs, Richard Stehlik 2 1 2 3 8

Old
10-06-2003, 06:53 AM
"TheTrain"

Kelowna Rockets, Shea Weber 5 0 1 1 27

Old
10-08-2003, 08:06 AM
NashvillePredators

vCash:
DEG-Verteidiger Sulzer brutal überfallen

Verteidiger Alexander Sulzer von den DEG Metro Stars wurde Opfer eines Raubüberfalls und wird seiner Mannschaft am kommenden Wochenende nicht zur Verfügung stehen. In der Nacht von Sonntag auf Montag ist der 19-Jährige in der Düsseldorfer Innenstadt brutal zusammengeschlagen und beraubt worden.

Sulzer, der beim diesjährigen Draft in der nordamerikanischen Profiliga NHL die dritte Runde erreicht hatte, war mehr als zwei Stunden ohne Bewusstsein. Die Kopfverletzungen waren so schwer, dass sie im Krankenhaus mit mehreren Stichen genäht werden mussten. Zudem erlitt Sulzer, der in dieser Woche komplett mit dem Training pausieren muss, mehrere
(article in german)

Somebody raided Sulzer and add him heavy hurts. :mad:

Old
10-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Hello Preds fans....

Just wanted to give you all a little update on Ryan Suter. I saw him play in the Maverick Stampede tourney this evening (Wisconsin vs. Nebraska-Omaha).

Here's my (brief) observations: He looked absolutely terrific all night. He didn't showed much of his offensive side, but defensively he was all there. His skating is top notch (very fluid). The thing I was most impressed with about Suter was his absolutely phenomenal hockey smarts and his excellent ability to read and anticipate plays. Didn't make any bonehead moves or have the defensive lapses that are associated with so many freshmen Dmen. He played in all situations: 5-on-5, PP and PK and played very well in all areas. If he continues to develop his overall game, it won't be a matter IF he'll make it to the NHL but rather WHEN.

BTW, if you all want to read my observations from today's matchups in the Maverick Stampede Tourney, please visit the Maverick Stampede thread on the NCAA board.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Just wanted to give you all a little update on Ryan Suter. I saw him play in the Maverick Stampede tourney this evening (Wisconsin vs. Nebraska-Omaha).

Here's my (brief) observations: He looked absolutely terrific all night. He didn't showed much of his offensive side, but defensively he was all there. His skating is top notch (very fluid). The thing I was most impressed with about Suter was his absolutely phenomenal hockey smarts and his excellent ability to read and anticipate plays. Didn't make any bonehead moves or have the defensive lapses that are associated with so many freshmen Dmen. He played in all situations: 5-on-5, PP and PK and played very well in all areas. If he continues to develop his overall game, it won't be a matter IF he'll make it to the NHL but rather WHEN.

BTW, if you all want to read my observations from today's matchups in the Maverick Stampede Tourney, please visit the Maverick Stampede thread on the NCAA board.
great info, oilerschick! insightful and entertaining as always

Old
10-11-2003, 03:50 AM
"TheTrain"

Owen Sound, Pat Jarrett- 8GP 4G 8A 12P 2PIM
Toronto St. Mike's, Kevin Klein- 5GP 0G 1A 1P 2PIM
Lewiston, Richard Stehlik- 3GP 1G 2A 3P 14PIM
Calgary Hitmen, Brandon Segal- 1GP 0G 0A 0P 0PIM

Looks like Brandon Segal's gonna be in Calgary this year, I'm kinda disappointed in this move as I think he could have been a pretty good player for Milwaukee this year, but maybe this is better for his development. Should get plenty of ice time in Calgary.

Patrick Jarrett is finally showing why he was selected with the first overall selection in the OHL draft. I was impressed with his consistency last year, but maybe this is the year that he breaks out!

Kevin Klein has missed Toronto's last three or four games, does anyone know if something is wrong?

Old
10-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Kamloops, Paul Brown 7 1 3 4 32
Owen Sound Attack, Patrick Jarrett 9 4 9 13 2
Lewiston Maineacs, Richard Stehlik 2 1 2 3 8
Calgary Hitmen, Brandon Segal 2 1 0 1 2

Old
10-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Kamloops, Paul Brown 7 1 3 4 32
Owen Sound Attack, Patrick Jarrett 9 4 9 13 2
Lewiston Maineacs, Richard Stehlik 3 1 2 3 14
Calgary Hitmen, Brandon Segal 2 1 0 1 2

Old
10-15-2003, 05:49 AM
tulsytrid1

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/te...?player_id=327 Josh Morrow has 3 goals and 6 helpers in 10 games with the Kamloops Blazers. Morrow also has 27 PIM's to go along with the points. Morrow's team-mate Paul Brown http://www.nashvillepredators.com/te...player_id=2423 has 1 goal and 4 helpers in 8 games. Brown has also racked up 40 PIM's in those 8 games.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:52 AM
tulsytrid1

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/te...player_id=2414 Shea Weber has 0 goals and 2 assists in 8 games with 32 PIMS to to along with it.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:57 AM
tulsytrid1

Playmaker Patrick Jarret has 13 pts in 9 games with 4 goals and 9 assists.

Klein is off a bit of a slow start only scoring one assist in 5 games.

Stehlik has 1 goal and 3 assists in 5 games.

This rounds out the junior skaters. Nashville Preds website has done a good job keeping up with these guys so far this season; I went to http://slam.canoe.ca/CHL/ and the Preds website is up to date with this site.

Old
10-15-2003, 02:03 PM
SmokeyClause

Ryan Suter has 0 pts and 4 PIM's in two games for Wisconsin (1-1). He is a +1.

Matt Koalska has 0 points and 2 PIM's in two games for Minnesota. He is a -1.

All get those damn Ruskies and their stats here soon.

Closed Thread