HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predator prospect updates

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2006, 03:19 AM
monster_bertuzzi

vCash: 500
Nothing special for Franson tonight. Only 3 goals, 1 assist, game winning goal, and 30 minutes of ice time.

Old
11-04-2006, 09:20 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Nothing special for Franson tonight. Only 3 goals, 1 assist, game winning goal, and 30 minutes of ice time.
Bust! What a waste of a pick.

I wish we could go back to the archives on this one because we were told be several posters after he was drafted that he was a waste of a pick. It lets you know how much things can change in the course of a year or two and just how much smarts it takes to be a GM/AGM/Scout in this league.

m_b, could you describe his play to this point in the season with respect to his play last season?

Old
11-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Beaner

Yep another great game for Franson last night.

There are highlights up on the Tigers website of the game last night including all the goals of the game and 2 pretty wicked fights.

http://www.tigershockey.com/home/index.php

Its on the right hand side of the screen where it says Tigers TV.

Be sure to check out the Giants set play at the start of the second period, they have done this twice now in the last 3 games and Franson has scored both times.

Old
11-04-2006, 09:34 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post

I wish we could go back to the archives on this one because we were told be several posters after he was drafted that he was a waste of a pick. It lets you know how much things can change in the course of a year or two and just how much smarts it takes to be a GM/AGM/Scout in this league.

m_b, could you describe his play to this point in the season with respect to his play last season?
He played this way last year as well, he really did. It's just a matter of being a year older, a year bigger and stronger than everyone else, and being the ''man'' on the team. As for his play this year, he's confident - very confident on the powerplay, and thats where he picks up a lot of his points. He's a little bigger this year as well.

Old
11-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:

Yeah I'm eating CROW for sure. Good job Poile and Shero and the scouts
What is the odds that we could have the CHL player of the year in back to back seasons?

Old
11-05-2006, 05:59 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Even when he was drafted you could see the potential. He was very lanky and weak, but a terrific passer. Now he is the complete deal.

Old
11-07-2006, 06:05 AM
Panopticon

On a somewhat related subject: How likely will we see Franson playing for Canada in the WJC?

Laakso is a lock for Finland (if not injured) and I'm assuming Parent is as well since he played last year (haven't heard much about him this season, though). Will we see all three?

Old
11-07-2006, 11:10 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroSennin View Post
On a somewhat related subject: How likely will we see Franson playing for Canada in the WJC?

Laakso is a lock for Finland (if not injured) and I'm assuming Parent is as well since he played last year (haven't heard much about him this season, though). Will we see all three?
Hmm, on the outside looking in, I would consider Franson a veritable lock. Is he not the best offensive defenseman in the CHL right now? And his defense isn't that bad and certainly wouldn't look out of place on international ice. But I'd love to hear some insight from canadians on this one.

Old
11-07-2006, 12:51 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Franson is a lock for the WJC team, definitely.

Old
11-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Panopticon

What about Parent? What has he been up to? WJC?

Old
11-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Beaner

Quote:
Hmm, on the outside looking in, I would consider Franson a veritable lock. Is he not the best offensive defenseman in the CHL right now? And his defense isn't that bad and certainly wouldn't look out of place on international ice. But I'd love to hear some insight from canadians on this one.
Franson should be a lock to make Team Canada this year.

However, Canada is extremely deep at D-men this year and could be returning up to 5 D-men from last years squad as well; Bourdon, Letang, Parent, Russell and Stall.

Bourdon is still with the Canucks so he may not be available, but there are rumblings that he could be sent back to junior.

All that being said, if Franson continues his play, and has a good showing at the Canada-Russia Series at the end of November, he should make the team.

Personally I would be very surprised if Franson did not make the team this year, barring injury of course. *knock on wood*

PS: Franson scored the overtime winner in the game on Sunday vs. Lethbridge.

Closed Thread