HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Portland Pirates AHL - Phoenix Coyotes Minor League Affiliate

Old
11-10-2011, 02:27 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Focus shifts to next phase as voters approve Civic Center bond
By Chris Roy Published: 10th November 2011

Quote:
Portland Pirates managing owner and CEO Brian Petrovek was relieved with the outcome of Tuesday’s passage of the bond to renovate the 34-year-old Cumberland County Civic Center.

He was also admittedly surprise at the margin in which it passed, nearly a 2-to-1 margin.
Link>>>>

wildcat48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 05:04 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Glad to see that it passed. Cities like Portland and St. John's need to stay/be in the league.

IceCapsFanNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 04:40 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
@ Springfield tonight (7:30);

hosting Providence for Veterans' Day( no updates) tomorrow

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Miele just got in a fight sounded like he did okay?

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 11:15 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Michael STONE (1)-PP, from MIELE/OYSTRICK, the lone offense in front of 3505 @ MassMutual Center.....

Old
11-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Michael STONE (1)-PP, from MIELE/OYSTRICK, the lone offense in front of 3505 @ MassMutual Center.....
You didn't tell us it was only the lone offense for the Pirates. Falcons with 4

sounds like Miele made one of his nifty cross ice passes leading to the goal. I can't remember seeing those kind of passes by a Coyote before or since Miele went back to the AHL.

Too bad Miele couldn't have completed the last leg of the GHHT.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Portland is 4-7-1 in 12 games sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic Division and 29th in the league.

With the skill that this team has/had/has. They shouldn't be here. Understanding that we did have a non stop changing roster for most of these games, however we rarely ever see a confident or consistent team.

I was unsure about bringing ray edwards from SA, and i have not seen anything to support why he is still around coyotes organization i understand him an tippet share a similar style but there are others. ( not saying he should go this early at all, just to me it looks like he could be an issue)

Hope we can try to get on the right page but its looking less likely after every game.

Ill be at tonight game hope for a win

Old
11-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Pirates win 4-2. Miele with two assists.
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1008838

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Game was fun too watch, but the team broke down bad in the 3rd again. It should of went into overtime. In the last two mins Pbruins did a wrap around and it went in the goal clear as day but nether the goal judge or the ref were in view to see it so we got a major break. Needed the win just have to keep to a full 60min game, won't get breaks like this every night.

Miele was the difference maker, and i hope the coaching staff learns that pogge should be the starter, but we will see.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:39 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Pirates hold on for victory
By Chris Roy Published: 13th November 2011

Quote:
Portland, ME – The Portland Pirates were on the edge, but never fell off the cliff.

The Providence Bruins scored twice in the third period just 12 seconds apart, but the Pirates held on for a 4-2 victory before a sellout crowd of 6,762 at the Cumberland County Civic Center on Saturday night.
Link>>>

Old
11-13-2011, 10:22 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Pirates lost in translation
By Chris Roy Published: 14th November 2011

Quote:
It’s been more than a month into the regular season for the Portland Pirates and so far results haven’t exactly been as advertised, leaving one to wonder if they’ve been sold a bad bill of goods.
Link>>>>>

Old
11-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

I think it's about time we made a coaching change...I was never impressed with Edwards in SA, and he hasn't changed my mind with Portland.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
I think it's about time we made a coaching change...I was never impressed with Edwards in SA, and he hasn't changed my mind with Portland.
I am thinking the same as stated. The team does not have a skill, or team makeup issue. We have one of the worst blue lines in the ahl in stats this year does that make any sense.. Lastnight we won a game on a non call goal, after we lead 3-0 for two periods.

As was said in MHJ
“When we get under pressure we seem to fall apart and it’s every guy for themselves,” said Mathieu Beaudoin. “We need to learn how to stick together as a team and stick with the system and that’s how we will win games.”

That is a clear coaching issue hands down.

Old
11-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Frankly, I've never liked Edwards, every time I hear him talk, whether post game or about coaching philosophy, it always seems he's lacking insight or depth of analysis...at least that's how it appears to me.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:54 AM
brianscot

I've only been to four games so far, but the team does seem a touch dispassionate --- you'd expect any team with Hollweg and anyone named Hextall to be intense.

Whether this can be placed on Edward's lap or the player's themselves is open to debate.

brianscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:13 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
problem is, whom do you intend to replace Edwards with? That's like saying ADIOS Tippett with no clear-cut plan to replace him, not to learn mid-season a whole new style.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
problem is, whom do you intend to replace Edwards with? That's like saying ADIOS Tippett with no clear-cut plan to replace him, not to learn mid-season a whole new style.
Maybe Dave King could step in on a strictly interim basis until someone is found. Don't know if he'd be open to doing it or if the Yotes/Pirates can spare him from what hes doing now but he knows Tippetts and Edwards systems and the guy knows how to teach. Could serve to shake the team up a bit while not immediately changing how they play.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Quote:
There are a good number of coachs who could fill the void, and its not learning a whole new style when the team is clearly not following it.

Old
11-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Kaizen

Let's not forget Edwards turned down an NHL job to remain in the Phoenix organization.

The results are not there yet but let's not jump the gun.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
Let's not forget Edwards turned down an NHL job to remain in the Phoenix organization.

The results are not there yet but let's not jump the gun.
Can't forget about last season that in it self argues a strong case to let him see the door.

However its not time yet if nothing changes by the allstar break then its time to move, if its still the issue.

i hope its not.

Old
11-15-2011, 01:17 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Adirondack tonight @ 6:30; Cheverie up from Gwinnett as Pogge still banged up from Saturday's gm.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Larry Melnyk

Hey guys, just curious to how Ryan Hollweg is doing? (I'm a Ranger fan that always had a soft spot for the knucklehead) Anyway, I know last year for the Rampage he was a team leader, hitter/fighter and a top PKer..was wondering if he was doing the same for the Pirates or jsut a 4th line filler...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Hey guys, just curious to how Ryan Hollweg is doing? (I'm a Ranger fan that always had a soft spot for the knucklehead) Anyway, I know last year for the Rampage he was a team leader, hitter/fighter and a top PKer..was wondering if he was doing the same for the Pirates or jsut a 4th line filler...
He imo is a very important part of the team, first one to pat another player on the back, and gives it his all every shift, stands up for his players, and seems to be a true leader on and off the ice. i really couldn't ask for more in a 4th line . I was not sure if coyotes were going to give him a contract this year but i was glad to see they let him in camp then let him stick around.

Old
11-15-2011, 07:45 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

4-2 F vs. ADK, Pirates WIN;

Pouliot(3), Eckford (1)-PP & Miele (5), add Szwarz, (1)

Last edited by CHRDANHUTCH: 11-15-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old
11-15-2011, 11:18 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Cheverie helps right the Pirates’ ship
By Chris Roy Published: 15th November 2011

Quote:
Portland, ME – Goaltender Marc Cheverie barely had enough time to get home and get a change of clothes after being on a long road trip with the Gwinnett Gladiators before getting a call that he was being recalled.

Little did Cheverie know that he was about to be thrown into the fire in his first game with the Portland Pirates.

Cheverie came into the game in relief of starter Curtis McElhinney and stopped all 17 shots as the Pirates came from behind to defeat the Adirondack Phantoms, 4-2, before 5,029 at the Cumberland County Civic Center.
Link>>>>