HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Portland Pirates AHL - Phoenix Coyotes Minor League Affiliate

Old
11-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

vCash: 500
I didn't realize that Miele is ripping it apart right now. 18 points in 13 games and the team leader in +/-. Not even Turris or Boedker played at a PPG pace.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:57 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Pirates keep on streaking
By Chris Roy Published: 27th November 2011

Quote:
The Portland Pirates keep finding ways to win. Last night, the Pirates failed to keep a lead in the third period against the Worcester Sharks, needing OT for the victory, but tonight Matt Watkins scored in the third period to give the Pirates a 3-1 victory over the Sharks, sweeping the home-and-home series in front of 3,597 at the DCU Center in Worcester, Mass.

Link>>>>

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:03 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Pirates alumni note

Derek Whitmore-AHL Player of the Week-AHL

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:04 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Anybody know what line MacLean is on and how he's looking. I would imagine his confidence took a big hit.

RemoAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:40 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Veterans steering the way for the Pirates
By Chris Roy Published: 1st December 2011

Quote:
The Portland Pirates have righted the ship as they embark on perhaps their hardest road trip of the season, starting Friday night with stops in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Hershey and Springfield.
Link>>>>

Old
12-01-2011, 05:58 PM
XX
He's a good guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
Veterans steering the way for the Pirates
By Chris Roy Published: 1st December 2011

Link>>>>
Typo in there regarding Werek. What is the perception of Phoenix as a parent club now that the team is respectable? I imagine Miele is rather entertaining to watch.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

How has Hextall been? I thought he had a pretty good camp and might be more than one of the Coyotes numerous legacy picks.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Typo in there regarding Werek. What is the perception of Phoenix as a parent club now that the team is respectable? I imagine Miele is rather entertaining to watch.
give it another month or two, before we can really say how Phoenix is as a parent, because just because things have turned a corner since that 4-7-0-1 start, we're not sure if you're going to continue this streak or does this young team slip back into that team that began the season.... Miele's entertaining, but Buffalo had their stars too come through here.... you don't basically corner the Rookie award three years running...

Old
12-02-2011, 06:44 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Pirates @ Penguins

2-1 so far in Wilkes-Barre, Penguins leading late in the 1st;

Brett MCLEAN, (3), from Dean ARSENE, the Pirate tally

Old
12-02-2011, 09:46 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Pirates smothered by Penguins
By Chris Roy Published: 2nd December 2011

Quote:
It’s not exactly how the Portland Pirates planned to begin their three-game road trip. The Pirates had their seven-game point streak snapped as the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins suffocated the Pirates for a 4-1 victory before an announced crowd of 7,143 at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza on Friday night.
Link>>>>>>

Old
12-03-2011, 11:07 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
Pirates smothered by Penguins
By Chris Roy Published: 2nd December 2011

Link>>>>>>
even worse effort last night in Hershey---7-1 shellcasing

Ryan DUNCAN, (3), from Brock TROTTER/Marc-Antoine POULIOT (2nd night getting the opening Goal fails)

Old
12-04-2011, 01:48 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Pirates bear-ly put up a fight
By Chris Roy Published: 4th December 2011

Quote:
The Portland Pirates can’t get out of Pennsylvania quick enough.

One night after falling to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, the Pirates were embarrassed by a 7-1 drubbing to the Hershey Bears before 10, 238 at the Giant Center.
Link>>>>

Quote:
"We weren't very good," said Portland Coach Ray Edwards. "We gave up."
You think???? Something needs to change. A trade, a sitdown, a new voice, different male itch cream....something.

Old
12-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

It looks you guys are in sync with the NHL team.

Old
12-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

In portland its pretty clear who's the issue... at least to me. when you have a team that stops playing as often as portland does its pretty clear someones not forcing their hand. There is not a ahl talent issue in portland.

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 01:10 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat Ultra View Post
In portland its pretty clear who's the issue... at least to me. when you have a team that stops playing as often as portland does its pretty clear someones not forcing their hand. There is not a ahl talent issue in portland.
IT'S NOT Edwards, it's the players, who aren't buying into this, there's no veteran leadership at all..... why sign Arsene if you've shown in the past you're a leader in other markets, but you were brought here for that purpose, but what exactly has he done as Captain? This is why this month is critical to see which way the Pirates go.

Old
12-04-2011, 02:13 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Summers to PHX

Old
12-04-2011, 05:17 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
You're right... There is talent here in Portland. This team is oozing talent, but they aren't playing as a team. It's either A.) They don't care. B.) They don't understand the system. C.) The system is too difficult for them to grasp. D.) Lack of communication by all involved inculding the staff. E.) all of the above.

Old
12-04-2011, 05:18 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Pirates held pointless on weekend road trip
By Chris Roy Published: 4th December 2011

Quote:
The Portland Pirates will return home without any points after they were swept away in their three-game road trip this weekend as the Springfield Falcons held on for a 2-1 victory before 2,136 at the MassMutual Center on Sunday afternoon.
Link>>>>

Old
12-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

And who does most of this fall on, if you don't see edwards as a issue you are missing something.

It really is that simple you can like the guy but his team last year and what he is doing this year should not be let to slide.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:24 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
And who does most of this fall on, if you don't see edwards as a issue you are missing something.

It really is that simple you can like the guy but his team last year and what he is doing this year should not be let to slide.
I don't know who to blame... Yes, some of this has to land on his shoulders, but I can look at several players who are not executing, listening or simply not giving a damn and that has to be taken into account.

The '06-'07 Pirates had a similar set of issues... They were a veteran laden team, but struggled all season and it got to the point that it created a divide in the locker room with one side behind Dineen and the other side behind Konopka. What happened??? Brian Burke deal all of "Konopka's buddies" and traded Parenteau and St. Jacques away and although the Pirates missed the playoffs they played well after that.

Just firing the coach might not solve the issues... Who takes his place - Dave King? What guarantee is there that the team will play better or that the system will change?

I agree there are issues, but I just don't have the answer on how to fix them right now.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

I m a believer in the coach sets the tone for the room, even more when a fresh team (which this was for edwards basically). I do not know what’s going on in the locker room if Arsene and the other veteran leaders are doing what they need too. Did they stop listening to the edwards if so why? it something none of us know. I understand that firing the coach does not always fix the issues with the team but to me it seems like Edwards the likely fault.
Regardless a shakeup needs to be done.. This is not just some bad games in a season this is how the teams played from day one.

if its removing the sour apples in the locker room or bringing in a new coach something needs to be fixed, its not changing by twiddling their thumbs another month.( understand things cant change over night but this is not a new problem)

Old
12-05-2011, 01:51 PM
BeSeeingYouSeattle

Looks like you guys will be getting Sully soon. There is certainly no lack of talent down there.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Builditagain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
Looks like you guys will be getting Sully soon. There is certainly no lack of talent down there.
Not so fast Sully has aked for a trade and has not told Edwards when he is, if ever coming.Regardless Newport Sports is in talks with a few NHL clubs. Phoenix still owes Sully the buyout amount 397,000 even if he stays home.Info still to come....

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:11 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
Not so fast Sully has aked for a trade and has not told Edwards when he is, if ever coming.Regardless Newport Sports is in talks with a few NHL clubs. Phoenix still owes Sully the buyout amount 397,000 even if he stays home.Info still to come....
From where are you getting this information?

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Builditagain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
From where are you getting this information?
Inside.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote