HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Regehr asked to waive NMC for Buffalo, agrees to waive; Kotalik involved too

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K McDude View Post
Thank you friend.

I hope zero Buffalonians take it as a sleight, because I truly believe it isn't anything like that. It's a looooong way from home for him, and I know I wouldn't be thrilled taking my wife and three children across the country in a moments notice.

I've wanted Sarich back since we traded him to Tampa, so that wouldn't be a bad consolation prize to me. (Depending on the players going back to your team)

To the people taking shots at Buffalo and the Sabres, ten months of winter causes us to grow thick skin, so keep it up.
Quiet you! I have to go snowblow now...

With the Sharks dealing for Burns, it seems a possible destination for Regehr just went away. I wonder who else might be interested.

06-24-2011, 08:59 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Adam, McNabb and we call it a day with profuse apologies. I'm really sorry buffalo, you're a great hockey city, you dont deserve to be jerked around like this.
Adam or McNabb, not both.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
Adam or McNabb, not both.
Would you consider Adam and Armia?

Armia has been quoted saying his favorite team is the Flames (something Feaster would love), he is a right wing (Flames drafted a LW).

Buffalo also didn't seem too pleased with this pick.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordstanleychaser View Post

Armia has been quoted saying his favorite team is the Flames (something Feaster would love), he is a right wing (Flames drafted a LW).

Yeah when Pegula was like "*sigh* I guess with the #16 pick I guess we have no choice but to take Joel Armia."

Except that didn't happen.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:06 PM
tfong

Wow I wish we got that package for Reggie.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:09 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordstanleychaser View Post

At this point, Adam is the best offensive prospect for Buffalo with Armia right behind him. It would be tough to trade them both.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Regier says Regehr is still a possibility: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...or-sabres.html

Old
06-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Yeah when Pegula was like "*sigh* I guess with the #16 pick I guess we have no choice but to take Joel Armia."

Except that didn't happen.
Did I say that they had no choice or they sighed?
Learn to comprehend.
I said they didn't show much enthusiasm. That could stem from multiple things. Since I don't follow the Sabres, it might just be how their normal staff act. However, it seemed very uninspired to the extent that I could see Feaster having a gentlemen's agreement with Buffalo regarding Regehr. (ie Buffalo picks Armia, Feaster convinces Regehr to waive through any means possible)

Old
06-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Signature
PEEP PEEP PARTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
At this point, Adam is the best offensive prospect for Buffalo with Armia right behind him. It would be tough to trade them both.
That may be as it is now, but whomever Buffalo chose, this statement would have been true if not slightly altered to say "defense prospect behind x" or whatever... as a draft pick, as an unknown quantity, it makes very little difference.

SO WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT...
This trade is still possible to happen. Regehr + Stajan for Armia + Adam + 2nd 2012?

No matter what, Buffalo can't deny that the immediate impact of Robyn Regehr along with Tyler Myers in front of Ryan Miller would not be an incredible defense.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I think I'd trade Adam + McNabb before Adam + Armia. We have a glut of defense prospects. I like McNabb a lot, but we have Gragnani, Pysyk, Schiestel, Brennan, etc. The bad thing about losing McNabb would be losing a mean defenseman, something the Sabres have needed for years, which is why we're trying to get Regehr in the first place.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
Regier says Regehr is still a possibility: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...or-sabres.html
Didn't sound exactly promising.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
At least Darcy has had a few chats with Regehr. He didn't say anything was definite but it doesn't sound like all hope is lost. He said we have some time.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
At least Darcy has had a few chats with Regehr. He didn't say anything was definite but it doesn't sound like all hope is lost. He said we have some time.
Yeah, but how much time? Time for Regehr to realize he's not being traded somewhere sunny and that Armageddon has truly arrived? If that's the case, he'll be forced to come to Buffalo, where the people are pale and stunted, the women resemble sheep, only acid falls from the sky, and the Buffalo wings...*gasp*...are really chicken.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Signature
PEEP PEEP PARTY

If the current offer is still:

Regehr + Stajan

for

Armia + Adam + 2nd 2012

If people don't like that, would Buffalo rather do

2012 1st
Armia or Adams
2011 3rd or 4th

What do you think? I mean, the actual proposal will probably not change, but I mean, just throwing around some proposals if Sabres fans are uncomfortable with the idea of losing Adam and Armia altogether in a single trade.
I'm throwing out these proposals because well, there's no real point in talking about whether Regehr will waive or not... it's really a point with no discussion there; it's a yes or a no. So I'd like to get other points of conversation going.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:30 PM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

Quote:
Yeah, but how much time? Time for Regehr to realize he's not being traded somewhere sunny and that Armageddon has truly arrived? If that's the case, he'll be forced to come to Buffalo, where the people are pale and stunted, the women resemble sheep, only acid falls from the sky, and the Buffalo wings...*gasp*...are really chicken.
I don't understand Regehr's thinking... He's played in Calgary, which is a nice enough city; the mountains are gorgeous and all that. But let's not act like this is a guy who prefers playing in the sun belt with no pressure or expectations.

This should get done. Karmically, it's a disaster if it doesn't. Really hope he goes to Buffalo, he would be a GREAT fit with Myers.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:

He has put up with Calgary, and was raised in Saskatchewan. I don't think he'd fear the Buffalo climate. If anything he'd miss the prairies.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Flamesfan102

Quote:

But this does,

Quote:
I can’t waive unless I see options. I had no options, really, other than this deal. There was never anything other than that. It was a yes or no type thing,” said Regehr, who envisioned a dialogue and the ability to work with the Flames to find a deal that worked for both player and team.

That’s still a possibility.

“It’s a huge, important decision. I just wanted to make sure I explore as many options as possible,” said Regehr, who also didn’t rule out the Sabres in the future after having multiple discussions with GM Darcy Regier over the last few days.

“Darcy Regier has been fantastic,” Regehr said.

“We need to explore all our options. It sounds like Buffalo is great ... but until we see what’s all out there, we can’t make a real good informed decision that we’re comfortable with.”
-Calgary Sun

Old
06-24-2011, 09:38 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan102 View Post
But this does,

-Calgary Sun
I appreciate the difficulty with such a decision, but you're not a UFA.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:40 PM
chi777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan102 View Post
But this does,

-Calgary Sun
"You're a really nice guy, but I think we should just be friends".

Old
06-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi777 View Post
"You're a really nice guy, but I think we should just be friends".

I'm positive that this trade will happen before July 1. Regehr is most likely consulting with his wife and looking into schooling and housing for his family. If anything, he is a family man first. He lives semi-close to my family, so I see him occasionally. (Not using this as a source)

Old
06-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Zacivich

If trading Regehr means we ditch Stajan and keep Tanguay, lets do it.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:12 PM
CaptPantalones

I dont feel like sifting through everything to see if this is posted, but one of the Buffalo news writers tweeted that the deal, if it gets done, is Chris Butler and Paul Byron for regehr, al kotalik and a 2012 2nd

Old
06-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
I dont feel like sifting through everything to see if this is posted, but one of the Buffalo news writers tweeted that the deal, if it gets done, is Chris Butler and Paul Byron for regehr, al kotalik and a 2012 2nd
I can't see this happening. Regehr would most likely only be traded for a good offenisve prospect, and I doubt we would give up a 2nd. Also, it most likely won't be Kotalik since we could easily send him off to Europe.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:18 PM
FlamesFan6612
#timerixonwho?

Maybe Feaster can somehow pick up Ennis for Regehr.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Model T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
I don't know much about Butler and I know nothing about Byron, but that doesn't look like a good deal for the Flames to me... Anyone want to give me the scoop on those guys?

Closed Thread