HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Malkin to Leafs

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2011, 03:40 AM
Jrtu

vCash: 750
To TML:
Malkin

To Pens:
Kulemin
Kadri
Gardiner
1st in 2012
1st in 2013

But seriously, this doesn't make sense.
Pens are trying to win now, not stock up for the future.
Unless they are shipping Malkin off and trying to lure in Brad Richards...

Old
06-25-2011, 03:48 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
No dude. When you have a top 5 talent, a player who was once considered the most dominant and offensively gifted hockey player on this planet, you don't trade him...
Wayne Gretzky?

Old
06-25-2011, 03:50 AM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrtu View Post
To TML:
Malkin

To Pens:
Kulemin
Kadri
Gardiner
1st in 2012
1st in 2013

But seriously, this doesn't make sense.
Pens are trying to win now, not stock up for the future.
Unless they are shipping Malkin off and trying to lure in Brad Richards...
Take out the 2013 pick and i see it possible. Kulimen -Crosby- Neil would be dirty. Kadri with Staal would be tough and scoring threat, and Gardiner is the PMD that would start it all.

Last edited by HockeyFanSince86: 06-25-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Old
06-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Blueland89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningNoodles View Post
Wayne Gretzky?
exactly

and for zybnek when was Malkin considered the best hockey player on the planet

Old
06-25-2011, 08:33 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Malkin for

Aulie
D'amigo
Scrivens of Rynnas
Philly 3rd

deal ?
Take D'Amigo out he was too good in the World Juniors. Then it looks fair.

Old
06-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
Toronto is one of the few teams who just doesn't have enough quality assets to pull this deal. Pittsburgh doesn't need defensemen and the Leafs don't have the forwards to pull it off.
Does somebody hear a broken record?

Old
06-25-2011, 08:40 AM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

Okay I think Eklund has been a one hit wonder.. I think the reason why Burke was talking to Shero yesterday was because maybe Pittsburgh wanted to grab Tyler Biggs and so Burkie was probably pulling the same thing he did to Murray by saying you like Biggs? Yea well I'm taking him and if you can't make a deal then too bad.

Old
06-25-2011, 09:15 AM
FinHockey
KRH Master Race

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningNoodles View Post
Wayne Gretzky?
I don't think the league would approve Leafs paying Pens 15 million but who knows.

Old
06-25-2011, 09:16 AM
PsychoDad

I really like how after 3 years of Burke they still dont have a single new player on their team to be considered "very good". Not a single cornerstone of a winning franchise, not a single player to build a team and tactics around. And the fans somehow are still happy.

Old
06-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Yosho
Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDad View Post
I really like how after 3 years of Burke they still dont have a single new player on their team to be considered "very good". Not a single cornerstone of a winning franchise, not a single player to build a team and tactics around. And the fans somehow are still happy.
Phaneuf says 'sup'?

Old
06-25-2011, 09:45 AM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

So does Schenn and Kessel.

Old
06-25-2011, 09:53 AM
jughead42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDad View Post
Maybe Burke is just a very charismatic leader who has us buying into his propaganda so we'll go along with what is clearly a truly mad plan. You wouldn't know anything about that sort of stuff though, would you? Stick to what you know, and leave the analysis of what a "very good" hockey player is to people with a clue.

Old
06-25-2011, 10:11 AM
TOGuy14

Operating under the basis that Schenn and Kessel would not be moved at all I don't know if we have anything close to the assets to do this deal.

To PIT:
MacArthur
Grabo
Kadri
2012 1st

Still not enough. They would have to demand Kulemin as a starting point...

Old
06-25-2011, 10:14 AM
duffy9748

I think it's hilarious that Toronto fans are saying they won't give up Schenn or Kessel. How do you not plan on moving one of them + Kadri and Kulemin to get Malkin?

Old
06-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
I think it's hilarious that Toronto fans are saying they won't give up Schenn or Kessel. How do you not plan on moving one of them + Kadri and Kulemin to get Malkin?
People overvalue their players. I got into an argument once because a Hab fan was convinced Plekanec/Cammalleri/low pick was enough for Malkin.

Old
06-25-2011, 10:20 AM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
If they trade Kessel, I'm not saying it would be a lateral move cause it obviously wouldn't, but the immediate improvement to the forward corps wouldn't be large enough to justify giving all those assets for Malkin. The reason why a #1C is such a need is because we already have a #1 winger.

Old
06-25-2011, 10:21 AM
NickRash61

Malkin is great (even though I've been burned in my fantasy league by him the past couple of years). I feel like he would fit into any dressing room, which is why Mike Richards and Jeff Carter were a concern to me if Burke grabbed one of them. Last thing we need is someone battling with Phaneuf for the dressing room... I don't think that would be an issue with Malkin

Old
06-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Woll Smoth

How this thread got to page 6 is beyond me.

First of all it's an Eklund rumour...around draft time when lots of trades happen. Obviously this guy wants to make some noise and attract more people to his ****** website.

Second of all your talking about Malkin to the Leafs...throw a superstar rumour at the biggest fan base in the NHL and you've got a giant wave of people coming to read his BS.

Third of all it would require at least Kadri + D'amigo + a 3rd '12 for Malkin. Both of which I am not keen on trading...I see Kadri as a 20g 70a type and D'amigo as a 40g 50a type and with the draft being so deep next year the third round pick could end up as a Getzalf/Perry/Parise kind of player. ( <- for the little girls out there that don't understand sarcasm and didn't read below )

But in all seriousness it would require the Leafs to completely guy their team, give up firsts/seconds for the next 3-5 years and be a team full of AHL'ers + Malkin.

Think before you take Eklunds dumb **** "rumours" as anything more than him pulling names out of a hat.

Last edited by Woll Smoth: 06-25-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old
06-25-2011, 10:25 AM
falconski
Unregistered User

sorry pens fans

Old
06-25-2011, 10:25 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woll Smoth View Post

First of all it's an Eklund rumour...around draft time when lots of trades happen. Obviously this guy wants to make some noise and attract more people to his ****** website.

Second of all your talking about Malkin to the Leafs...throw a superstar rumour at the biggest fan base in the NHL and you've got a giant wave of people coming to read his BS.

Third of all it would require at least Kadri + D'amigo + a 3rd '12 for Malkin. Both of which I am not keen on trading...I see Kadri as a 20g 70a type and D'amigo as a 40g 50a type and with the draft being so deep next year the third round pick could end up as a Getzalf/Perry/Parise kind of player.

But in all seriousness it would require the Leafs to completely guy their team, give up firsts/seconds for the next 3-5 years and be a team full of AHL'ers + Malkin.

Think before you take Eklunds dumb **** "rumours" as anything more than him pulling names out of a hat.
Kadri + D'Amigo + 3rd = Malkin???

hahahahahahahahaha

Old
06-25-2011, 10:28 AM
CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woll Smoth View Post

Third of all it would require at least Kadri + D'amigo + a 3rd '12 for Malkin. Both of which I am not keen on trading...I see Kadri as a 20g 70a type and D'amigo as a 40g 50a type and with the draft being so deep next year the third round pick could end up as a Getzalf/Perry/Parise kind of player.

You're in for a rude awakening.

Old
06-25-2011, 10:29 AM
gotmonte

Well, Burke was said to be the "busiest" GM last night working the phones and popping up at other teams tables. He has allegedly been trying to "Shake UP" his team since it has missed the playoffs since 2004.

I read that in todays either NYDailynews.com or Newsday.com

Under the sports section obviously, if anyone is clicking and reading If it is under NYDAILYNEWS.COM not only do you have to click on SPORTS you also have to click on HOCKEY as the subsection

Old
06-25-2011, 10:30 AM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post

hahahahahahahahaha
I agree..,,,,Get a clue.

Old
06-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Tommy Torini
Hell of a thing baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post

hahahahahahahahaha
Pretty sure he was kidding as he said "in all seriousness" at the start of his next paragraph.

Old
06-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Woll Smoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
Pretty sure he was kidding as he said "in all seriousness" at the start of his next paragraph.
^^^ They look for any reason to jump on leafs fans...yes i was kidding...didn't think it would take a to prove that with Kadri + D'amigo as the offer.

Closed Thread