HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ride the wave of emotion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2011, 12:17 PM
  #26
Snipsnap12
Registered User
 
Snipsnap12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
I hope you have a fly bug because no one should ever allow something as trivial as a game with interchangeable pieces to make them sick to their stomach.

pretty crazy I know, I am just a die hard fan and richie is easily my favourite hockey player....I guess the whole situation made me feel very uneasy, and just very hard to absorb it all.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:52 PM
  #27
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
The carter deal makes sense, but the richards deal is out of left field. But everyone is putting far too much stock in the "we have set ourselfs back 3 years" I am the biggest Richards fan, and I am still sick that he is gone. Looking at it this way is that we still have 3 very solid lines, with a number of talented players, our defense is still top notch in the league, so hopefully this year they stay healthy. No slight against richie beause he did chip in, but the year we went to the finals it was the briere line, and giroux stepping up that really carried us, and not to mention a very good matchup with the teams we faced. We now have a goalie that carried a very average team to the playoffs the last two years...JVR could explode this year, voracek and simmonds could take another step, and brayden schenn could be one of the better 3rd line center's in the league. I think this team gets pushed over the top if schenn can be a 40 point guy.
If Richie's line hadn't been shutting down the top lines of the other teams, the Briere line has no chance of getting the freedom to score like they did. This year proved that because in the Boston series, we were badly outcoached (Briere line vs. Krejci line) and it neutered the offense. It amazes me how so many people just look at goals and assists instead of the big picture. Wait till this season because if the lineup doesn't change significantly from today, the Briere line and Giroux line are going to have very little space and that's a huge problem. There is no Richards to shut down the opposing top line and no Carter to do most of the defensive work on the Giroux line.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 02:20 PM
  #28
Snipsnap12
Registered User
 
Snipsnap12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
If Richie's line hadn't been shutting down the top lines of the other teams, the Briere line has no chance of getting the freedom to score like they did. This year proved that because in the Boston series, we were badly outcoached (Briere line vs. Krejci line) and it neutered the offense. It amazes me how so many people just look at goals and assists instead of the big picture. Wait till this season because if the lineup doesn't change significantly from today, the Briere line and Giroux line are going to have very little space and that's a huge problem. There is no Richards to shut down the opposing top line and no Carter to do most of the defensive work on the Giroux line.
I am not discounting richards shut down role. I know he opened up the ice for other lines, and that is what having three scoring lines should do. I would like to think that having a top notch goalie should help with the loss of two 2 way forwards, the team shouldnt have to be so nervous to just play hockey and not worry about helping the goalie.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 02:34 PM
  #29
Orange Crush 89
Registered User
 
Orange Crush 89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
pretty crazy I know, I am just a die hard fan and richie is easily my favourite hockey player....I guess the whole situation made me feel very uneasy, and just very hard to absorb it all.
I'm pretty sure all of us here are die hard, and most of us loved Richards (myself, included), but in the end there will always be new players. I support the "P" leaps and bounds over any player. The whole situation reassures my point about never buying player jerseys/t-shirts, because ANYONE can be here today and gone tomorrow. Reasonably speaking, Richards could play 10 more (or more) years in the NHL, possibly even all of those with the Kings, and in that time he won't really be looked at the same... especially after the Flyers win a Stanley Cup or two.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 02:40 PM
  #30
Snipsnap12
Registered User
 
Snipsnap12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
I'm pretty sure all of us here are die hard, and most of us loved Richards (myself, included), but in the end there will always be new players. I support the "P" leaps and bounds over any player. The whole situation reassures my point about never buying player jerseys/t-shirts, because ANYONE can be here today and gone tomorrow. Reasonably speaking, Richards could play 10 more (or more) years in the NHL, possibly even all of those with the Kings, and in that time he won't really be looked at the same... especially after the Flyers win a Stanley Cup or two.
I agree with you, and the dissapointment will eventually fade, once the season begins I cheer stricly for orange and black and nothing comes in the way of that. Who knows maybe he will be back some day, and although I like richards I really dont think I could see him lift the cup, it would cause too much pain, unless of course we win a couple before he does

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.