The Soderberg Saga Continues...Episode III

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

vCash: 500
The Soderberg Saga Continues...Episode III

Wow, hard to believe that we have gotten to our third segment of Soderberg Talk? With me being mainly at fault, LOL. Maybe if he knew there was this much interest, he would have already come over?

Old
02-23-2009, 10:28 AM
flannelman
Regular Season Mode.

vCash: 920
So basically, we're hoping for him to be valiant in failing and want to continue to play hockey this year, he forms his bond with the Bruins by playing for Providence (burning up his last year of his contract, then getting an extention under a Mil) - then he'll be ready come prospect development camp and he'll help out cap woes by giving us talent on the cheapie - then he'll be loyal with us as he was to Malmo.

And the lady posters get a tall blonde to ogle...

Old
02-23-2009, 10:28 AM
GloryDaze4877

Sorry dude... I DO read all of your posts.
I just think I glazed over something that I shouldn't have.

To get back on topic, if this is the case, I just don't see Soderberg doing it. He seems like the kind of guy who is a little wary of making the jump to North America (I don't blame him - I'm not one of THOSE people) and for him to come over right after having his team eliminated/dismantled AND commit to year/s afterward... I just don't see him doing it. I think he'll sit over the summer and contemplate what his next move will be. The situation there is rather emotional.

There was no offense taken, I had been putting "If he is extended" on all my PRO comments, but stopped a few posts back, LOL.

I would have agreed with you up until a few weeks ago when Malmo had their financial difficulty. I think/hope this may have woken CS up a bit as far as his professional future goes. He stayed with the team during it's time of distress, has played very well, and may even lead them to a playoff series. I think this might be the best way for him to close out his career (at least for now) in Sweden and move on with the next chapter? Hopefully, he feels that way as well (if you are a B's fan and not a Redhawk fan ).

Old
02-23-2009, 10:30 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
So basically, we're hoping for him to be valiant in failing and want to continue to play hockey this year, he forms his bond with the Bruins by playing for Providence (burning up his last year of his contract, then getting an extention under a Mil) - then he'll be ready come prospect development camp and he'll help out cap woes by giving us talent on the cheapie - then he'll be loyal with us as he was to Malmo.

And the lady posters get a tall blonde to ogle...
I think this is about the best we could hope for...so, of course, it will not happen, LOL.

Old
02-23-2009, 10:46 AM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Maybe if he knew there was this much interest, he would have already come over?
Anybody have his email address that could send him a link to these threads?

Old
02-23-2009, 10:48 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Since he's a left-handed shot, maybe someone should tap him on the shoulder and tell him he can be on PP1/PP2 for a while if he comes over for the end of the season. If successful, then he becomes a RFA at year's end (his contract ends this year, right?). Nothing to lose since they aren't doing much on the PP anyway and are dying for someone to assume that spot.

But he's probably not ready for that kind of thing.

Old
02-23-2009, 11:07 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
Since he's a left-handed shot, maybe someone should tap him on the shoulder and tell him he can be on PP1/PP2 for a while if he comes over for the end of the season. If successful, then he becomes a RFA at year's end (his contract ends this year, right?). Nothing to lose since they aren't doing much on the PP anyway and are dying for someone to assume that spot.

But he's probably not ready for that kind of thing.
He cannot play in the NHL this year.

Old
02-23-2009, 11:11 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Wow, hard to believe that we have gotten to our third segment of Soderberg Talk? With me being mainly at fault, LOL. Maybe if he knew there was this much interest, he would have already come over?
i was going to say, "how fitting that GD opens this third installment..."

so on 200+ posts, we are more or less back where we were at post #1?

Old
02-23-2009, 11:13 AM
zamboniman

why ? is my question does this have 3 threads? he will never play for the boston bruins...
remember that......

Old
02-23-2009, 11:13 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Quote:
He cannot play in the NHL this year.
Is this a waiver thing in that he has played games in Europe (a la Ray Emery or Jagr if he wanted to return) or is he strictly limited to the AHL?

Old
02-23-2009, 11:15 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
i was going to say, "how fitting that GD opens this third installment..."

so on 200+ posts, we are more or less back where we were at post #1?
I think you forgot a zero? Also, if this thread were solely designed to be a debate on whether or not Soderberg was coming...yes we would pretty much be back at Square One. However (and I don't expect you to look back, lol), this thread has covered a lot of other things, including keeping track of Soderberg's progress in the SEL/SEL-2, which was the primary purpose to begin with.

Old
02-23-2009, 11:17 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourque77 View Post
why ? is my question does this have 3 threads? he will never play for the boston bruins...
remember that......
I guess my question would be...if that's the case, why continue reading and posting in the threads? There's this handy feature (or there was) called "ignore thread", maybe you should try it?

ps I'll try to remember...but my short term memory is getting worse as I age.

Last edited by GloryDaze4877: 02-23-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old
02-23-2009, 11:19 AM
zamboniman

Quote:
I guess my question would be...if that's the case, why continue reading and posting in the threads? There's this handy feature (or there was) called "ignore thread", maybe you should try it?
it's my first time responding on a soderberg thread which seems to be taking over the boards. why i don't know . but maybe i'll try your suggestion.

soderberg = zino

Old
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
Is this a waiver thing in that he has played games in Europe (a la Ray Emery or Jagr if he wanted to return) or is he strictly limited to the AHL?
I believe there is an agreement that prevents overseas players from coming over and playing in the NHL after a certain date, which has passed. Soderberg is "on loan" to Malmo and should be able to play in the AHL this year, if he and the Bruins agree to it.

Old
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think you forgot a zero? Also, if this thread were solely designed to be a debate on whether or not Soderberg was coming...yes we would pretty much be back at Square One. However (and I don't expect you to look back, lol), this thread has covered a lot of other things, including keeping track of Soderberg's progress in the SEL/SEL-2, which was the primary purpose to begin with.
i did indeed forget a 0, my bad

i recall you posting updates on how he was doing now that i think of it. i just honestly didnt follow all 2000 posts much because i was tired of getting my hopes up for this guy. you can call it fear of abandonment i guess

Old
02-23-2009, 11:21 AM
flannelman
Regular Season Mode.

vCash: 920
Glory, as you know, I'm way too lazy to go back into the other thread or even begin to guess where I'd find updated stats - I wasn't sure if you could provide them somewhere?

Thanks,

Old
02-23-2009, 11:21 AM
STRANGE VICTORY

I feel like this thread is exactly what the boards were created for, to follow the progress of our prospects, fire Julien threads are a waste of space, following Soderberg is not. He is still a prospect and there is a chance he will make it and there is a chance he will not, unlike most prospects it will depend more on willingness than talent, but he is still a prospect and both outcomes are still possible. Following him like most prospects still makes a lot of sense. Personally I wish we had a thread like this for most of our prospects, even though most will never wear the spoked B.

Old
02-23-2009, 11:22 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
it's my first time responding on a soderberg thread which seems to be taking over the boards. why i don't know . but maybe i'll try your suggestion.

soderberg = zino
1) One time too many (imo) if that's what you are going to bring to the table.

2) I must have a different definition of "taking over the boards" than you do? I don't think three threads over the course of 2 years qualifies?

3) Totally different players...plus Zino actually came over and played for the B's...which would disprove your original comment.

Last edited by GloryDaze4877: 02-23-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old
02-23-2009, 11:25 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
Glory, as you know, I'm way too lazy to go back into the other thread or even begin to guess where I'd find updated stats - I wasn't sure if you could provide them somewhere?

Thanks,
It was just in part II, LOL.

Currently, Soderberg is third in the SEL-2 with 18 goals and 41 assists in 44 games. You can find those and other stats here:

http://stats.swehockey.se/

This site is also helpful, if you want to look at what current NHLers did when they were playing in Europe:

http://www.eurohockey.net/players/

Old
02-23-2009, 11:32 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Seems he has as much interest in playing in the NHL as I do getting the lead role in Brokeback Mountain II.

I'm hoping for the best, but gut feeling we never see him.

Old
02-23-2009, 11:41 AM
saskbruin44*
Stanley Cup Champs

Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
Quote:
remember that......
guys like you and me who wish to express a democratic position on Carl "Savior of Franchises" Soderberg are too realistic and not welcome in these fantasy type threads....

Old
02-23-2009, 11:47 AM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbruin44 View Post
guys like you and me who wish to express a democratic position on Carl "Savior of Franchises" Soderberg are too realistic and not welcome in these fantasy type threads....
This forum is on a site called Hockey's Futures, or in essence a site dedicated to prospects. Soderberg is on of our most talented prospects, and many people come to the site to follow up on our prospects, consequently they would want to know how our best prospects are doing. Soderberg may or may not come over, that is not decided yet, but that is true of all prospects, no prospect is a sure thing be it of failure or success. Soderberg can be a huge part of this team's future, or he could never make it. Many people have not given up on him yet and still enjoy following the path of his career, that is all this thread is out to do, update Soderberg's career, which still has the possiblity of ending up in Boston, or the possibility of never making it to the NHL.

Old
02-23-2009, 11:47 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Seems he has as much interest in playing in the NHL as I do getting the lead role in Brokeback Mountain II.

I'm hoping for the best, but gut feeling we never see him.
Lou, a friend in the biz told me that they really like you as a Ledger replacement, but they may ask you to "bulk-down" a bit, as Jake G likes his co-stars on the skinny side...lol.

I'm at the point where I hope that Soderberg makes up his mind about what he wants from his hockey career, but I have a hard time disliking him from afar, given the loyalty he has shown to his hometown team in Malmo.

Not directed at you, but it amazes me that a thread (or two) that is merely keeping track of a B's prospect, that may or may not eventually play for Boston can arouse such resentment. Nobody is forcing people to read this stuff.

Old
02-23-2009, 11:49 AM
saskbruin44*
Stanley Cup Champs

Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampBear View Post
This forum is on a site called Hockey's Futures, or in essence a site dedicated to prospects. Soderberg is on of our most talented prospects, and many people come to the site to follow up on our prospects, consequently they would want to know how our best prospects are doing. Soderberg may or may not come over, that is not decided yet, but that is true of all prospects, no prospect is a sure thing be it of failure or success. Soderberg can be a huge part of this team's future, or he could never make it. Many people have not given up on him yet and still enjoy following the path of his career, that is all this thread is out to do, update Soderberg's career, which still has the possiblity of ending up in Boston, or the possibility of never making it to the NHL.
all in the eye of the beholder, my friend.
Perhaps a Rabbit thread needs to be started...

Old
02-23-2009, 11:52 AM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbruin44 View Post
all in the eye of the beholder, my friend.
Perhaps a Rabbit thread needs to be started...
I don't think Talent is an in the eye of the beholder thing, talent isn't an opinion. Rabbit is never going to be an important part of any team, I hope he makes it but thats because I root for the underdog and think he has the best name in hockey. Soderberg has all the talent to make it.

Closed Thread